Bedini Solid State Oscillators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dyetalon View Post
    Great work, guys. I read about the Bedini device on OU.com and other sites but never tried to acutally build anything. It's good to meet other experimenters who work at the component level, too.

Wouldn't FET's have less loss than bi-polar transistors? I mean the higher impedance of FET's should increase the efficiency of the circuit overall.

If I understand Bedini's theory, he utilizes the back-emf as a secondary source and adds it back into the primary. ????

Hi Dyetalon,

I've never tried using FET's, I tried to stick to what John recommends, he said bipolars work much better for his machines. After 30+ years of research I guess he knows what he's talking about, especially because we're not dealing with conventional EE energy here.
    Many people have tried to do mods that seemed better from an electronical point of view but pretty much failed each time to achieve better results...
    You can achieve to feed the input with the output battery wich is rather complicated for different reasons. He's utilizing the potential created by the coil's collapse to trigger the RE event(radiant energy). If you are just beginning to learn this technology I recommend sticking to the basics first as there is a LOT to learn eventough the circuit seems simple.

regards,
    Mario
    Last edited by Mario; 11-04-2007, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post
      ... He's utilizing the potential created by the coil's collapse to trigger the RE event(radiant energy). If you are just beginning to learn this technology I recommend sticking to the basics first as there is a LOT to learn eventough the circuit seems simple.

regards,
      Mario
      Yea, you're right. Best to start with the original design and take it from there.

I'll assume you answered my question, even though we are using different words to describe the same thing. Back EMF is what is generated when you spin an Armature through a magnetic field.
      Normally suppressed with capacitors or shunt diodes, it seems Mr. Bedini is trying to utilize this effect to generate additional current that would be lost otherwise.

Do you know of anyone who has sucessfully recreated this motor? Are there any movies on the web that show this wonderful device actually running?

Last edited by dyetalon; 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I've never tried using FET's, I tried to stick to what John recommends, he said bipolars work much better for his machines. After 30+ years of research I guess he knows what he's talking about, especially because we're not dealing with conventional EE energy here.
        MOSFETs or even better IGBTs proved to be easier to work with for the fast switching applications. Remember that in the setup like Bedini's MOSFETs are used at the primary side where we still operate with "conventional" electricity. Of course there is a point of self adjusting oscillator function done with bipolar transistors but that can be tweaked to be done with MOSFETs of IGBTs as well.

On the secondary side of the Bedini setup the things are quite different and I found that MOSFETs and IGBTs are prone to random latch-up, self-triggering and sudden death regardless of the fact that their maximum ratings weren't exceeded. The rules of engineering on the secondary side are changed and sometimes the proven circuit setup simply doesn't work. I have a theory on why it happens and in what circumstances but I prefer to keep it to myself until I'm certain of it.
        http://www.nequaquamvacuum.com/en/en...n/alt-sci.html
        http://www.neqvac.com

Comment

Hi Ewhaz,

The transistor part number in the book is wrong and should be BD243C, another mistake is pin 4 and 5 of the opto, the connections are inverted.
          I have tried running the oscillator from a 555 instead of the trigger wire, it works too, but for every freq you are tuning to you have to readjust the duty cycle to get the best signal for that freq, finally I found that the trigger winding does this automatically and even better , so I went back to the winding.

regards,
          Mario
          Well, I have the right transistor thankfully, but I did notice the difference after you pointed it out. Maybe this was enough distortion so that the powers that be would leave it alone, who knows?

But yes, changing the duty cycle on a 555 would be a real pain. I'm assuming that the higher the frequency the longer the on cycle would have to be in order to allow it to reach saturation before the field could be allowed to collapse. Most likely this would require a lot of tuning. Still, at least its an option to explore later on circuits with different applications.

Still, what about the capacitor? The voltage on it is not listed for the charging side capacitor (not the timing). From what I've read, you have to be careful not to 'hit' the battery too hard, or it will cause a cascade effect that will cause the battery to explode, or at the very least be damaged. Is there a correlation between the type of battery to be charged and the maximum voltage that the capacitor can deliver safely?
          It is a peaceful mind that makes a peaceful world.
          -We Are One-

Comment

Originally posted by Ewhaz View Post
            Well, I have the right transistor thankfully, but I did notice the difference after you pointed it out. Maybe this was enough distortion so that the powers that be would leave it alone, who knows?

But yes, changing the duty cycle on a 555 would be a real pain. I'm assuming that the higher the frequency the longer the on cycle would have to be in order to allow it to reach saturation before the field could be allowed to collapse. Most likely this would require a lot of tuning. Still, at least its an option to explore later on circuits with different applications.

Still, what about the capacitor? The voltage on it is not listed for the charging side capacitor (not the timing). From what I've read, you have to be careful not to 'hit' the battery too hard, or it will cause a cascade effect that will cause the battery to explode, or at the very least be damaged. Is there a correlation between the type of battery to be charged and the maximum voltage that the capacitor can deliver safely?
            Hi Ewhaz,

I'd take a cap rated in the 400-600V range from about 3 to 10uF. The voltage to the battery depends on the dump speed meaning the time you let the cap get its charge from the coil. I've noticed that the faster you dump the quicker the charge rate of the battery, even if the voltage is only about 30-40V. But I've also dumped at over 100v to the batt... I don't know what the max safe voltage is for a given battery, sorry.

regards,
            Mario

Comment

Alright. I got enough of my components to build the solid state oscillator. The only problem is, it doesn't oscillate.

I have a bd243C using the resistor setup in the Free Energy Secrets book.

I've got the resistance set up kind of funky though, having to use several in series to get the values I needed (I had a bunch of assorted values on hand but not the exact values I needed). they are all 1/4 watt resistors, I'll be getting the right values later when I can afford it again.

I've checked my setup a few times to make sure everything is wired correctly and tested the transistor to make sure I didn't burn it already, however it is rated for 100v so there should be no problem. I'm using a solder less bread board.

I tried using a small standard 9v battery to see if it would trigger, which it didn't. The batter did however get overheated after a few minuets which implies a short of some sort. I can use the 9v to trigger the coil manually and I have a small neon lamp attacked to one of the output windings to verify its working. When the coil is disconnected the lamp does light up for a short time.

At first I didn't have the core completely filled with the welding rods, so I figured it was getting over saturated and keeping the transistor from oscillating. I finished packing it and tested it again, still nothing.

After the 9v didn't work, I also tried hooking it up Via a variable AC power supply put through a rectifier. I even dialed that in to 12v using my multimeter on the output. Still nothing seems to be happening.

I would post an image, but the information is from a copy written source.
              -We Are One-

Comment

Problems with the BD243C

Ehwaz,

My best guess is that your BD243C is 'goosed' as we say here in the UK. I have had one of the p.46/ Fig. 33 oscillators running for a while now. Every time it has failed it has been the transistor. Stick a diode tester on it.

In my experience the circuit as shown is quite finely balanced and excursions, even small ones, from the values shown can have a big effect.

In due course you might like to try a MJL21194 based version. Use it with a 100ft 18AWG trifilar coil based on a Pittsfield sized spool with a welding rod core. You need to reduce the value of the three resistors around the transistor by a factor of 10 and leave all other component values as they are.

Note the base load resistor needs to be about 3W rated.

This device really kicks bottoms (polite phrase). Be careful if using a quadrifilar coil as I have, the unused strand has quite a kick to it!!

Regards

Richard

Comment

Hi,
                  I use a 24awg 450turn trifilair, with 2n3055 transistor. Works good. The coil was made from an old waterpump-motor from a washing-machine. The core consists of stacked strips (which was a long job to remove without damaging). I just start to charge battery (4Ah,12V). I dump around 100-120V in there (4.7 microfarad/250V cap).
                  Timing of 555 gives strange effect on oscilloscope. with slowing down the timing of the 555, the voltage over the cap increases, but it stalls at 120V. Dunno why it stops there.

Comment

Got it working

I just finished assembling the oscillator yet again, this time with 1/2 W resistors of the value I needed (one or two as opposed to multiple resistors to get my values) and it works!

I have a neon lamp hooked to one of the output coils, it lights constantly with the 9V battery to the unit. I don't know the value of the lamp, but it only lights on a field collapse on the coil. I don't have the equipment to measure the voltage spikes yet, but I'll get there sooner or later.

Now I just have to wait on my batteries, and a few other componants and I can begin building the capacitive discharge charger side of the circuit and I can begin testing and perfecting it. I'm excited, I've been waiting MONTHS just to get this far with my limited budget. As soon as I do this proof of concept run, I'll post the results. After that I have other projects this Bedini coil is going to help me do.. SO many projects, so little time!

I also found my camera.. Now If I can just find that upload cord..

Found it... Heres some pictures.

My coil, with the neon lamp lit. I think the lamp is a 110v lamp.

Here's an image of the output I measured with my Oscope. The voltage isn't accurate because of the limiter to protect my computer, but it shows that it is working.
                    Last edited by Ewhaz; 01-01-2008, 08:18 PM. Reason: Added Images/thumbnails
                    -We Are One-

Comment

Now that I have the system running, I had thought of something that I wonder if any one has tried yet and maybe knows the answer too.

Using multiple coils, not just one trifilar or quadfilar coil, but say 2 quadfillar side by side would it be possible to use the one self oscillating circuit to run Both coils? Is it even possible?

If your going to charge a large bank of batteries it might require more than one coil to charge them all. Using one coil strictly for the oscillation would allow the other coils to be used strictly as slave coils for output, freeing up at least 1 winding on each coil to that effect.
                      -We Are One-

Comment

Here's also an image of the waveform off the charging side. I'm using the neon lamp and scr setup for my capacitive discharge charging side.

I think this is what every one was speaking of, the voltage spikes as well as the 'h' wave form. The measurements are not to scale however.
                        -We Are One-

Comment

difference between ssg and solid state

Hi,

actually, looking at the two different schematics of an SSG and solid-state charger, it looks like the SSG has a direct feedback of the battery's state (impedance) while a solid state has not.

I'm trying to bring back a sulfated old battery with a solid state charger. Now it strikes me that it would be better to have a SSG doing that because the circuit will adapt while the battery is improving, while a solid state has always the same impedance, since it always sees the same capacitor and the 3rd (output) coil has no feedback into the first oscillating circuit.

Any insights or comments on this?

Terence.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                            Just been tinkering with the oscillator.
                            I'm not posting diagrams just yet...tweaking it further.
                            It is oscillating with that input from caps while it is disconnected from the input battery.

Aaron,

What trigger signal speed are you using; secs? milliseconds?

- Schpankme

Comment

Terence, I think that the solid state may perform better. I am not sure if this is correct but I have found that my sg doesnt charge as well as the run battery gets low. I think this is because the radiant seeks the impedance of the flat battery and as your run gets low and your charge gets high it doesnt transfer as efficiently. Capturing into a cap would Isolate this effectively. My window motor with sg circuit has a cap and scr on the back end and it will charge great, even when the run batt is low.

Please correct my simpleton explaination if someone knows better.
                              "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

trigger

Originally posted by Schpankme View Post
                                Aaron,

What trigger signal speed are you using; secs? milliseconds?

- Schpankme
                                Hi,

I have everything packed up...getting ready to move. When I set up again, I'll take videos of this and put it on youtube.
                                Sincerely,
                                Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Working...
                                X