Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos

Comment

• Make sure your volt meter is set to DC and not AC... I got some very high readings when I had it set to AC.....few...... just a thought.....

Comment

• Delightful Diode

tjnlsn25

On the AC scale...

Comment

• hi david... I've had to have a think about that but I think I can take a pretty good guess at what is happening.

In your first configuration (with the postive probe on the diode's anode) you are reading the average voltage over the circuit. If half the time it is on, and the other half of the time it is off, and you are supplying 12v, then your meter will read this as an average of around 5 - 6v.

But what puzzled me was why you were reading the high voltages on the cathode of the diode.

When the probe is on the diode's anode, it won't read the high voltage because the pulse width of the flyback voltage is extremely low compared to the on time of the transistor. Let's say the transistor is on for 1 millisecond, then the flyback will only last for around 1 microsecond. The meter will just read the on time of the transistor and ignore the flyback.

but when the probe is on the negative side of the diode, the on time of the transistor is filtered out so all that the meter sees are these short duration high voltage pulses so that is what it displays.

That's my guess
          "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
          Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Looking for others to replicate effect and report.

Sephiroth

Thank you for your thoughts.

I still am not quite sure I understand how we can resonate a coil with no rotation of the fan... but it does seem to work that way. A few turns of the fan (to establish) and you can hear the coil, then adjust the pot for peak neg reading on the anode side and thus peak on the cathode side. When doing this, the fan stops. The coil in the fan just sings.

The other night I had my dog howling. When turning the pot, frequencies do vary... obviously some of the frequencies are beyond human hearing... but not puppies.

What I am wondering about is if the resonating coil produces an activation for the cathode to drink in "radiant atmospheric energies." At least at the diode on the cathode side (a mini vacuum tube?).

Once the system is at frequency, you can notice even being nearer (not touching) certain parts of the circuit causes the voltage to vary. Some parts cause the voltage to rise, other seems to cause the voltage to go down. But this is only apparent "at coil resonance."

I am looking forward to results and readings from other systems. This is very cool stuff.

Always a word of thanks to Bedini, Imhotep, Lindeman and countless others. Discovery is a wondrous pursuit...

Open source and collaborating, in time will free mankind.
            Last edited by DavidE; 09-19-2008, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Counter-Intuitive

Some additional diode data.

My belief was that flow through a diode was always from Anode to Cathode.

Did you know that the function switches when you use a diode on the negative side of the battery?

+ to diode Anode to Cathode. Cathode Blocs counterflow (to specs)
              - to diode Cathode to Anode. Anode Blocs counterflow (to specs)

If this is common knowledge, I apologize...

Comment

• We're all learning here.

Yes, that is exactly how it should work. No need to apologize, we're all trying to figure out how this stuff works on one level or another. BTW, a good website to look at (even as refresher material) is All About Circuits : Free Electric Circuits Textbooks.

It wasn't until recently that I finally figured out how that diode and secondary battery worked in that circuit. Waaaay back near the start of this thread (or was it the other SG thread? ) I posted what I thought about how the thing works; now I think I have a better handle on it and will post a better explanation. I just need a free block of time to draw the pictures.

Comment

• Shamus

Excellent reference link, thank you.

Comment

• Time flies...

@DavidE: You're welcome. I've found a lot of questions I've had about how things work have been clarified there.

I've finally caught up on reading all the posts in this thread and it's been quite interesting to see how you guys have progressed over this past year (has it really been that long? ). In the past year I've built a few more of these Bedini contraptions trying to see what they can do and I think I finally understand after having beat my head against quite a few walls. At any rate, I thought I'd post pictures of my 4PMP that I promised to post over a year ago.

As soon as I saw it in EFTV2 and heard John say, "Charge the hell out of this battery" I knew I had to build it. And in truth, it never performed as well as John's. But at least now I have a pretty good idea why that is (NB to Peter L.: I checked the battery running that machine by doing a frame-by-frame and looked up the numbers at the manufacturer and it's definitely a 12V battery on the front end). At any rate, this machine probably has the best torque out of any that I ever have built--it only take a tiny push to get it going, and it fights back when I try to slow it down with my fingers. It's easy to see how you could develop even more torque with a slight variation on this design.

Also I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to Kevin for posting pictures and especially for posting the TRV data--that is AMAZING stuff! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I think the fact that you've achieved COP > 1.0 means that the rest of us can do it as well. :-)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• SSG Theory, Round II

OK, now that I've had some time to think about this, I think I finally have a pretty good handle on what happens in the SSG. It may still be wrong, so feel free to chime in if you see something wrong. Also, I've drawn flows coming from the positive this time around, but it all still works even if you draw the flows coming from the negative. So, here we go:

In figure 1, we have a north facing magnet being attracted towards the coil and inducing a small voltage in both windings. The only path the current can follow at this point is up through the diode. Also, the core becomes magnetized temporarily, with the south pole at the point closest to the passing north magnet.

Moving on to figure 2: As the north facing magnet moves away from the coil, a small voltage of opposite polarity is induced in both windings. Now, the current flows across the base-emitter junction of the transistor.

Figure 3: With current flowing across the B-E junction, the transistor now allows current to flow from the main battery, through the coil, and across the collector-emitter junction. At this point, the polarity of the magnetized core flips so that the north pole is at the top of the coil. This has two effects: It kicks away the magnet on the rotor and attracts the scalar south pole at the same time.

Figure 4: Now that the main battery is putting current through the coil, it overwhelms the small induced current on the trigger side causing a reversal of the current in the trigger loop.

Figure 5: As the B-E junction shuts down, the current flow through C-E junction is cut off. And since a coil abhors a change in current, it attempts to keep the current going with it's magnetic field. Ultimately, it fails, but in doing so it sends out a high voltage spike and since it's higher in voltage than the charge battery, it crosses the diode and completes a circuit. The scalar south that was attracted in at this point is no longer attracted to the iron core, and with the collapse of the magnetic field it just cruises on by, allowing the next north pole to be attracted in. Very slick design.

Side note: The scalar south is not attracted to iron, it is only attracted to another magnetic field. To prove it to yourself, try an experiment: put a north face of a magnet in between two magnets on the rotor, then put a paperclip there.

An interesting aspect of this design is that once the rotor and coils settle into resonance it takes very little power to keep the rotor turning. The magnets (and scalar souths) operate almost purely in attraction mode--in other words the wheel turns for nearly free. With a bit of mass on the rotor you can build up momentum as well. What can be done with that is left as an exercise for the reader. What resonance (and RPM) the rotor settles into ends up being a function of the strength of the magnets, the quickness with which the iron core lets go of its magnetism, the coil geometry, the friction in the bearings, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

I think that's all of the missing pieces; there could be more that I'm missing here but I think that this explanation can help in understanding what we're trying to do with this machine. At least it's helped me. John, Peter and Aaron are quite correct when they say that understanding this machine is the key to understanding what this energy is and how to use it. Good luck in your studies.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Shamus; 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Hi Shamus, that looks spot on

Have you seen my animation of the circuit on youtube?

YouTube - Understanding the Bedini Circuit

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                        Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Hi Seph,

No, I hadn't seen that before, but the explanation is solid. I know that it's tough to do a decent animation of this kind of thing since so much happens in such a short span of time--I guess you did as well as you could given the nature of the thing.

And speaking of SSGs, have you tried either the ground wire or Kevin's superpole magnet arrangement? I'm thinking I may either have to build yet another wheel or try it with my quintfilar.

Comment

• Hi All

I haven't tried the earth wire setup, but I have built a new rotor that uses the scalar setup. I've put the pics below. The rotor is 160mm in diameter. Just waiting on the first coil to arrive so I can see it run. (Hopefully run ) The magnets are only there in mockup form, I haven't epoxied them in yet hence the tape.

Cheers,

Steve
                            Last edited by dambit; 12-13-2008, 02:48 PM.
                            You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                              Hi Seph,

No, I hadn't seen that before, but the explanation is solid. I know that it's tough to do a decent animation of this kind of thing since so much happens in such a short span of time--I guess you did as well as you could given the nature of the thing.

And speaking of SSGs, have you tried either the ground wire or Kevin's superpole magnet arrangement? I'm thinking I may either have to build yet another wheel or try it with my quintfilar.
                              Hi Shamus,

I have tried the super pole and it worked fine but I never compared it to the standard configuration so don't know how much it benefits the circuit.

Unfortunatly I live 3 stories up in the sky so a ground rod is not possible however on my trifilar SSG I normally get a 36-48v spike on the primary coil before the flyback current kicks in. But when I hooked the negative side of the circuit to earth the spike is cut down by a third. Don't know if that means it inhibits the spike or whether it allows the circuit to make use of it.

Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Bifiler coils?

Can you wind bifiler coils with the power coil on the inside and the trigger coil over the top of the power coil? I have a very hard time winding the two different size coil wires at the same time and keeping a uniform and smooth wound coil.... any suggestions?

Thank you....

Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X