No announcement yet.

Bedini SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok... well this is how I see the circuit working now... sorry for the poor animation.

bedinischematic.gif

At the start of the animation we see the current in the trigger coil being induced by the north of the magnet on the rotor as it starts moving away from the stator. This triggers the transistor and the radiant event occurs by creating the dipole between the positive and the negative of the primary battery.

This radiant event pushes the magnet away (thus converting the radiant into kinetic) and then the current from the primary battery kills the dipole (and contributes to propelling the magnet). the original magnet has now left the stator so there is an idle period then the next magnet comes in.

as this magnet approaches the stator (propelled by the energy from the last radiant event) it induces a current in the power coil that flows through the charging battery (thus charging it).

Because the battery is creating resistance in the circuit it slows down the approaching magnet as it's kinetic is then being converted to chemical within the battery.

I think that because the magnet has slowed down more current is required from the primary battery to help propel the magnet again (though the radiant is doing most of the work here).

When I removed the charging battery there was no resistance in the circuit so the current was free to flow through that point and didnt signifcantly decelerate the rotor so less current was required to keep it rotating.

at least that is my theory! I wish John would explain things better but I understand why he doesnt!

I'm not sure if this is what is actually happening but it is the only explanation I can think of right now! there certainly seems to be alot more to it like can the induced current really light a neon bulb?! More study is needed!

In fact this is probably just plain wrong and I've wasted your time! I'm sorry!
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-24-2007, 11:03 PM.
    "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Nice animation, but ...

Hi,

Thanks for the animation, but I don't think that the induced voltage by the magnet is capable of charging the secondary battery unless the charging battery's voltage is lower than the induced voltage. It is the back-emf which Peter talks about and opposes the applied potential, and is always "less than" the applied potential, because otherwise the motor could not operate at all. As the speed of the motor increases the induced potential increases in the coil, thus the back-emf increases and also the current to the trigger coil increases too.

What is the H-wave? The h-wave's handle is the spike being absorbed by the charging battery and the rest of it is the induced voltage by the magnet, which if it were more than the voltage of the charging battery that one would be absorbed by it too.

Only in the case which the charging battery is less in voltage compared to the induced voltage it will get affected.

Thanks
      Elias
      Last edited by elias; 12-25-2007, 03:15 PM.
      Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
      http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

• what if the hole system did not charge on vacuum energy but charged from recycling the collapsed emf at 99.9 % cop and added energy of the coil acting as a generator all the voltage triggered in the coil has one place to go the charge batt the faster the energizer goes the more voltage/current will be generated, the voltage potential of the cemf in theory if 12 volts 150 ma turns to 200 v it could turn back again to the same v/c if it had no loss but you would get back more because run batt voltage is higher so the the charge batttery translates it a little lower voltage and higher current plus a bonus from the gen side and bedini said "you wana do it as fast as you can". the faster the more bonus you get

anywho im no skeptic im just making a theory i got no multimeter yet still waiting for them in the mail then once i got it im gonna run tests on my bedini and see what is goin on

Comment

• What's the latest Update

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
          Right now I've got the 4-pole monopole (I think I'll call it a 4PM ) with 2.2K base resistors just to see how long it will take to get the battery up to, say, 15V or so.

Hey, what happened to Shamus ?

- Schpankme

Comment

• My new SSG draws much current ...

Hello friends,

I am about to replicate an SSG with more multi-coils, but after winding one of my coils and testing to see how it works, I was so disappointed, because, the wheel hardly had any torque to it and ran at about 100-150 RPM, very slowly, and more worst of all, it drew about 300mA. Can anyone offer me any clue why this happens.

My coil has about 800 turns of 2*#28, 2*#21, 1* #19 wires.

I personally think that it maybe because of my stacked magnets which are too strong. But I am not sure, in this case I should build another rotor.

A picture of it is attached.

Thanks,
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hi elias,
              I do not have any idea why your SSG behaves like this, but I must say, that I doubt that this is because of too strong magnets. When I double stacked my magnets, I noticed serious increase in torque. Are your bearings good? How long does the wheel spin by itself when you rotate it with your hand? Try to run the system on 24v on each side, this will increase the speed and thus decrease the current draw. What is your core material?
              It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• elias,

Why not just remove the second magnets from the stack and run it with single magnets, as a test? And I see you double stack them, one on top the other, rather than making the "scalar north" setup, one next to the other?

Also, have you considered using more than one coil, one for trigger/drive and the rest for the power, the way JB does it?
                Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

• Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the input,
                  Jetijs, my wheel does not free wheel so much, but it is because of its small rotor, The bearings are fine.
                  I think that the impedance of my wire is low (about 1 ohm), because when I put two of it filers series, the RPM increased (about 300RPM), and the current draw dropped to about 175mA. I wonder if this is normal. Maybe it is wiser to use a larger wheel.

Amigo,
                  I am going to do exactly that, Ill' wind a separate coil for the trigger, thanks. My magnets are glued together, and cannot be removed unless I break them .

Thanks Again,
                  Last edited by elias; 12-29-2007, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Nice looking set up!

are you sure all the strands are firing? you can test that by *breifly* shorting the base and collector for each strand to see if it repels the magnet. This will also let you know if all your transistors are working. If it doesn't repel the magnets then either the strand isn't connected or the transistor has fried.

and if it attracts the magnets then the coil is the wrong way up! lol... ive done that myself!

is the other coil in the photo hooked up to the circuit as well?

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• by the way, jetijs...

is more torque desirable? I also noticed more torque when double stcking the magnets but the rotor seems to go at the same speed as when they are single stacked... it doesnt accelerate as fast and takes more effort to start but the charge/discharge ratio seems to be improved by reducing the torque in the rotor. Havent done any side by side tests though... what do you think? Can the magnets be TOO weak even though they are strong enough to trigger the transistors?

Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Sephiroth,
                        in my case double stacking magnets increased not only the torque but also the speed. But I did not use s single coil setup, I had two trifilar coils and 5 transistor system. Maybe this is why I also gained speed by double stacking magnets.

Comment

• lol I'm using a tri coil ssg (three bifilar coils)

tricoil.jpg

I'm guessing it would need enough torque to get it to the optimal speed but any more torque would be wasted energy no?

This has always puzzled me. Bedini says weaker magnets are best but HOW weak?! lol...

of course you are going to need enough torque to get the motor to it's optimal speed.

Amount of torque needed would probably be related to the amount of reistance in the bearings and air resistance...

My rotor has very little air resistance since the magnets are recessed... though if my magnets werent recessed I guess I would need a bit more torque to get it to the optimal speed.

Though here is another thought! If we use stronger magnets won't they be more attracted to the core and so more energy will be required to create a magnetic field stong enough to break that attraction and repel the magnets?

I have a feeling there must be an optimal balance. At the moment I am using 10mm x 20mm x 5mm magnets and they seems to work fine with a 1000 turn trigger coil (though it's a bugger to start up!).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

How weak/strong should the magnets be?

Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Nice build
                            I believe that the reason John does not want us to use strong magnets is because the neo magnets are so strong, that they oversaturate the core material and that, of course, is bad. So in my opinion the magnet should be the strongest you can get as long it is not too strong to fully saturate the core. That is why we need a wider spacing between coils and magnets if we use neo magnets

Comment

• Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                              lol I'm using a tri coil ssg (three bifilar coils)

Though here is another thought! If we use stronger magnets won't they be more attracted to the core and so more energy will be required to create a magnetic field strong enough to break that attraction and repel the magnets?

How weak/strong should the magnets be?
                              Sephiroth,

I remember Bedini, mentioning the fact that by firing the coil, it actually attracts the scalar south between the magnets, so it is basically an attraction motor.

My setup is not complete yet, but I have planned to make it a tri coiler setup, like yours, but a little bigger.

Elias
                              Last edited by elias; 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Some info about bearing lubricants

Hi,

Has anyone got any useful info to share here about lubricating the bearings. My bearings seem to have a little friction and it may be because of the grease.

Elias

Comment

Working...
                                X