• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
    Are you talking about this one:
    Jaycar Electronics
    ??
    Ahhhh. The salesman told me that it was rated for 1 amp @ 10v. I never checked the packaging to verify his statement. Sorry guys, write up says 1ma. No wonder it spun so smooth
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• YES I just completed my dual Coil as well!!!! got quit a few good shocks working on it though. For some reason my second transistor was getting very hot couldn't figure it out it was running and everything was hooked up correctly Switched out my diode from 1N914 to 1N4001 no change than it dawned on me it only got hot when I hooked up the coil to the collector but it is a pretty small coil only 120 turns of bifillar 18awg not very much resistance . So I put a 10ohm 10W resistor on it and it its working fine now resistor gets hot not the transistor. I was thinking I would try to go lower till the transistor just barley gets warm and stop their I want as much of that precious radiant energy to get back to my battery. The RPM's are also much faster now and when I hooked up my 2 12Volts in series for a nice 24V she took off! however I have not yet figured out how to measure my amp draw, I have a multimeter but which wires or poles do I hook it up to? Also why would my second transistor get hot but not the first one theremart did you experience anything like this?

Comment

• ah the joys of 2 coils

2X the fun of figuring out where you went wrong

I am currently reworking my 2 coil setup, as with so many wires I am currently figuring out a way to tame them. I am putting them in a plastic box and running out the wires to keep my sanity again

But I did not have it up long to check to see if the transistor was getting hot, I have put on order a rheostat ( or potentiometer as you like to call it) to replace my dinky potentiometer. There will be much more voltage comming thru this thing, until I get my rehostat in, I will not be going for any joy rides with this new toy over 12 V.

On another note I am currently running a single ( modified SSG ) with 18V for the primary, and 32V on the target. I must say that it will not be soon enough for my new rheostat to come so I can replace the potentiometer. It is charging very well, but it does get very warm to the touch, not burning warm, but hot.
        See my experiments here...
        http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• I built my mini SSG

Hello,

I finally built my mini SSG, and yes it flew up to 1200 RPM, with the battery in the circuit. I have 7 magnets on my 9cm dia wheel and have put it to test. The current draw is about 100mA. The torque is reasonable since it was able to drive a pretty big fan in relation to itself quite good. The bearings are 4mm in diameter.

Elias
          Attached Files
          Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
          http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

• wow! was it going at 1200rpm with the fan? I wonder how adding a load effects the motor... it apparently reduces current draw but I wonder how it effects charging

By the way... i have done my tests on single/double stacking the magnets and got results I didn't expect.

This is the graph for the double stacked magnets (20mm x 10 mm x 5mm each) rotating 2 conditioned 7.2Ah batteries.
            doublestackgraph.jpg

I stopped at about 9 hours because the batteries were begining to level out though the average voltage dropped alot less than I expected with such small batteries

i havent put together a graph for the single stacked magnets because I could only rotate the batteries for about 5 hours before they leveled out!!!

Unfortunatly all the DC ampmeters on my multimeters have fried so I cant get an reading on current draw though it appears that using weaker magnets INCREASED current draw! At least it drained the batteries alot faster.

By the way... the ac ampmeter on my meters still work... is there any way to get an estimate of dc current using an ac meter?

and another update (been busy )

The main problem I have been having is getting big enough batteries and ENOUGH of them... I don't think 1 to 1 charging is going to work very well... so I popped into my local wheelchair centre and lo and behold found a battery gold mine!

In the back room they had 14 high Amp hour batteries that they had written off! So they were only too happy to sell my 5 of the biggest ones for £20!!! The cheapest new 30Ah batteries i could find were £40 EACH online!

So got
            2 x 40Ah batteries
            1 x 38Ah battery
            and 2 x 30 Ah batteries!

Got them home and found 2 of them still had a resting voltage of about 12.78 volts (which is nice ) 1 had 10.6 volts sitting in it. but the other two! oh god! 0.5 volts!!!! they are seriously dead! One of them has been on the energiser for about 24 hours now and at first it went straight up to 16 volts then gardually dropped for about 5 hours to around 5.5 volts and then started rising slowly again. After 12 hours it was up to 9.4 volts and now (after 24 hours) it is at 10.89 volts so it looks like they might still have a hope! Let's see if we can bring them back to life!
            "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Sep it is fairly pointless to cycle batteries on the basic sg setup. You probably already know this. My tests so far haven't come close to a true 1 to 1 charge. The best I can get is a full 12 amp hour charging a FULLY dead 7 amp hour 1 to 1. This is over a period of about 2 days, so theres quite a bit of mechanical work unaccounted for.

Good find on the batteries! I'll tell you a little tip. Take a small 12 v globe and your multimeter next time. Wire up the globe on a reasonable healthy batt (12 + if possible) and see if the voltage drops rapidly. This gives you an idea of the condition. If they have just been sitting there (i.e. not on a trickle charge) they are going to be fairly sulphated and degraded, but your monopole can help recondition them!

I have a friend who checks and installs emergency lighting, He goes through tons of these things every day. According to law they must be replaced every two years, even though some of them are fine. Needless to say, I wont need to buy batteries ever again
              "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Hello,

just one short question:

how about a separate trigger spool at the Bedini SG ?
                Was this already tested and if so, whith what result?
                I thought, this may give more flexibility adjusting the trigger-spool.

thanx for hints

Geron

Comment

• Sep it is fairly pointless to cycle batteries on the basic sg setup. You probably already know this. My tests so far haven't come close to a true 1 to 1 charge. The best I can get is a full 12 amp hour charging a FULLY dead 7 amp hour 1 to 1. This is over a period of about 2 days, so theres quite a bit of mechanical work unaccounted for.
                  I'm not sure about that. Cycling batteries should be fine but definatly not one to one charging ie 1 battery charging 1 battery... a "complete" ssg would have at least 4 batteries being charged from one battery. Not saying 1 battery can fully charge all four batteries but according to john this is how the batteries are supposed to be cycled.
                  "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

• dual coil SG

Originally posted by theremart View Post
                    2But I did not have it up long to check to see if the transistor was getting hot, I have put on order a rheostat ( or potentiometer as you like to call it) to replace my dinky potentiometer. There will be much more voltage coming thru this thing, until I get my rehostat in, I will not be going for any joy rides with this new toy over 12 V.
                    Well I took the risk so far shes been running ok but definatly uses more energy, I was able to run my single SG on a 6V drill battery over night and into the late morning, now she only runs barley through the night. I hooked up 2 12V batts in series and everything stayed cold only after I hooked up the 10ohm resistor between my second coil and the collector. One thing to be careful of though is dont leave your SG on very long with out a batt on the charge side or your sure to burn out a transistor if your using more than 12V. I had 24V on and as soon as I unhooked my charge batt the transistor got hot really fast luckily I unhooked it before death.

Im going to pick up some pots at the shack in a minute 2 1K pots and 2 25ohm pots. this is what John B recommends for tunning. if you haven't seen it yet on a previous message in this thread there are details on tunning very good too. well good luck remart I will let you know if I learn anything of importance! So far I think I just need to tune mine better drawing too much amperage I am sure I just hope its not above the C rate dont want to ruin my battery's!
                    Oh ya just got my DVD too! Energy from the vacuum, Sweet cant wait to watch it.

Comment

• How to capture most of the Radiant Energy

Hello everyone,

May you see this document, It uses dead batteries to capture the Radiant energy and improve the charging capabilities of the secondary battery, the document is pretty reasonable. So if the dead battery cannot come alive, at least it can convert radiant energy for rest of the batteries. I agree with the fact that all of the radiant energy is not properly captured in these circuits. This can be verified by using different size capacitors instead of batteries. By calculating 0.5*C*V^2 for them, you may find out that running the SSG for a certain amount of time will accumulate different amount of energy.

I had found this article some time ago on one of the forums I don't remember.

Happy charging
                      Elias
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by elias; 01-05-2008, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• using Capacitors

Originally posted by elias View Post
                        Hello everyone,
                        I agree with the fact that all of the radiant energy is not properly captured in these circuits. This can be verified by using different size capacitors instead of batteries. By calculating 0.5*C*V^2 for them, you may find out that running the SSG for a certain amount of time will accumulate different amount of energy.
                        What about using capacitors instead of battery?

Is there some reason, that they shouldn't work or miss important properties of a battery?
                        While they are not really appropriate collecting energy, they might give the advantage to have very soon a result of the efficiency of the bedinimachine.

Nearly the same we might have with small batteries (nickel cadmium or like that): if the one, which is driving the machine, is emptied within 5 or ten minutes while the other one is charged, we should get a much more precise result and may have many more testing cycles, than with bigger batteries.

Comment

• Wow!

Originally posted by elias View Post
                          Hello everyone,

May you see this document, It uses dead batteries to capture the Radiant energy and improve the charging capabilities of the secondary battery, the document is pretty reasonable. So if the dead battery cannot come alive, at least it can convert radiant energy for rest of the batteries. I agree with the fact that all of the radiant energy is not properly captured in these circuits. This can be verified by using different size capacitors instead of batteries. By calculating 0.5*C*V^2 for them, you may find out that running the SSG for a certain amount of time will accumulate different amount of energy.

I had found this article some time ago on one of the forums I don't remember.

Happy charging
                          Elias
                          This makes alot of sense. I have read where people use motor cycle batteries as a buffer for their wind generators ( it gets fried before the other batteries do )

I have all the parts, I may just build this. My goal is to charge many batterries at the same time, this seems simple and powerful.

I love it.

Mart

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• Batteries are different

Originally posted by geron View Post
                            What about using capacitors instead of battery?

Is there some reason, that they shouldn't work or miss important properties of a battery?
                            While they are not really appropriate collecting energy, they might give the advantage to have very soon a result of the efficiency of the bedinimachine.

Nearly the same we might have with small batteries (nickel cadmium or like that): if the one, which is driving the machine, is emptied within 5 or ten minutes while the other one is charged, we should get a much more precise result and may have many more testing cycles, than with bigger batteries.
                            Hi Geron,

In my oponion batteries are different from capacitors, although electrolytic capacitors are a bit similar to batteries, but batteries tend to behave rather non-linear and store charge rather differently. Capacitors are not like that.

I made that example for verification of how much energy is in the output of the system and different capacitors absorb different amount of energy. So different batteries can indeed "absorb" different amount of energy too, as Bedini has stated he uses four on the output.

Elias

Comment

• Ok I have built the circuit...

But just one thing.... I believe it needs a diode to the charging battery.. I went to plug in the circuit, and found that it was powering itself from the charging battery and turning the wheel.

Will keep you updated to what else I find

Mart

Comment

• Originally posted by elias View Post
                                So different batteries can indeed "absorb" different amount of energy too, as Bedini has stated he uses four on the output. - Elias
                                Solid State Infinite Power Supply (IPS) from Ossie Callanan

Jean-Louis Naudin has replicated the IPS device (2004) and conducted some tests and measurements. The inventor claims that his device is able to power a 220V/15 Watts light bulb with two 12V lead acid batteries as the power source without discharging these batteries...

* During at least 4 hours and half, the voltage of the two batteries used as power sources remains very stable,

* During 4 hours and half, the voltage of the battery B2 has only dropped of (12.84V - 12.63V) = 0.21V ( -1.6% ) and the voltage of the battery B2 has only dropped of (12.86V - 12.50V) = 0.36V ( -2.8% ) while one ampere is drawn from each battery and the light bulb brights fully at the IPS output.

* During the full test ( 7 hours 20 min ), the voltage of the battery B2 has only dropped of (12.84V - 12.58V) = 0.26V ( -2% ) and the voltage of the battery B2 has only dropped of (12.86V - 11.51V) = 1.35V ( -10.5% ). It is important to notice that the battery B1 is a new battery while the battery B2 is an old battery.

* The intensity of the light emitted by the light bulb connected at the IPS output has never apparently dropped during the whole test.

After these series of IPS tests, I can only say that the Ossie Callanan's IPS device works at least as an efficient Power Inverter. Thanks to Ossie Callanan for sharing free his invention for the benefit of all.

You will find below the current tests results :
                                Solid State Infinite Power Supply (IPS) from Ossie Callanan tested by Jean-Louis Naudin

- Schpankme

Comment

Working...
                                X