Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Replication of Bedini Solid State SSG without any trigger coil or Pulsing circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far i'm finding out that you do not need diodes for a spark gap sg moter. If the battery has the same voltage tomorrow morning the Newman thread will begin.
    So far ac amps tested with Fluke 115 average .020 too .025 going back too battery, same going to moter. dc amps bouncing all over.

Comment

Originally posted by maxc View Post
      So far i'm finding out that you do not need diodes for a spark gap sg moter. If the battery has the same voltage tomorrow morning the Newman thread will begin.
      So far ac amps tested with Fluke 115 average .020 too .025 going back too battery, same going to moter. dc amps bouncing all over.

Hi Max

I like your post but I do not understand it. Could you explain to
      me what you might be experimenting with. Do you have a Bedini
      wheel? Moter?

Mikey
      Last edited by BroMikey; 06-06-2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
        Hi Max

I like your post but I do not understand it. Could you explain to
        me what you might be experimenting with. Do you have a Bedini
        wheel? Moter?

Mikey
        Bedini wheel moter. It stop at 5 am. Respun going again.

Comment

Keep me up to date on your progress.

I like to hear all results of your hard work.

This is valuable to all members.

Comment

explanation of the reedswitch effect

wow ! nice project. Thanx for sharing !

you got this awesome radiant spikes because the reedswitch is small,
            the spring contact very light (weight) so they can switch faster than a car relais or similar.

The effect you descibe depends on the Resistance of your switch,
            you build as I can see a small magnetically driven transistor.
            its not so fast than a semiconductor, but very powerful in switching.

because the on switch resistance is extremly low because its a real switch.
            not a saturating semiconductor.

When the little contacts close the are really closing and not appearing to close, like in a transistor, so you will get the power immediately to your driving transistor. this transistor will act right now because it is fully powered via reedcontact.
            The triggercoil doesnt have this fast rising (called attack) and so the transistor is coming slowly up to work. slowly is not powerful.
            we need a "bang" to capture radiant energy because only this will unbalance the equilibrium of spacetime.

We know, this is a known secret to capture radiant energy in an circuit.

in electronics you will to have a mosfet ( better IGBT) array of switches for
            the lowest resistance (RDS on) possible.
            (but you need a driverlogic to saturate the gate substrate on this devices - complicated ,expensive comparing your solution)

But I´m sure you know this already ?

congrat: magnetic transistor with extremly low resistance.

Comment

This weekend I'm testing my thoriated tungsten/ carbon graphite reed switch. No spinning magnets too impede flux change.
              I had 100 volt+ across the reed switch when turning on the transister.

Comment

Conrad Style Bedini Reed Charger

yep, it works like a charm.
                quick glued togheter with parts i found in the junkbox.
                4007 diodes, BD243C, NE2 neon lamp, a coil of wire (100 meters) and some
                croco plugs.

Its charge the leaded seal battery from 10.41V to 13.7 in just 45 mins.
                impressive.

the magnet should be moved towards the reed but stop before NE2 is lit.

outstanding !

Yes I know the wires are too small for efficient charging, but it was just a test.
                the final one will be made of a Litz Wire coil and big supply wires to/from battery.

thanks Conrad for the parts

Comment

Originally posted by maxc View Post
                  Can't go by dvm meter it lies with all the spikes. Been working on more important projects.
                  I made up a simple self rocking switch. My batterys were dead. I They came back too life from 6 volt(that's 3 6 volt 7ah 1 (4.6ah)too 10 volt as i type. I keep turning the frequency down( best 15cps) as the voltage gos up.
                  NO BS!
                  mark

Comment

does someone else play with it??

Comment

i have re-built the circuit with a new reed switch tonight and i am still amaze with it...

Comment

I am looking for better "evey duty" reed switch...
                        If some one have some sugestion...

Comment

Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                          I am looking for better "evey duty" reed switch...
                          If some one have some sugestion...
                          Hi Wistiti,

The simplest high current reed switch could be "mimicked" by using two MOSFETs in series and controlling their tied together gates and sources by the low current reed switch. The series MOSFETs constitute a bidirectional switch because the channel resistances (when they are ON) are able to conduct current in both directions so AC currents would not be problem but the body diodes would still be a problem. To solve the latter problem, two MOSFETs are used which are connected in series, with their sources in a common point. this way any one of their body diodes are always reverse biased for any AC polarity, see my drawing attached to this post here: Shorting coil gives back more power
                          The MOSFET types are two N-channel ones (IRF640, 200V 18A, max drain-source ON resistance is 0.18 Ohm). Of course there are many other types you can choose from. There are several types with less than 0.1 Ohm ON resistance and still with over 200V drain-source breakdown voltage (these values add up due the series connection).
                          IF you use this bidirectional switch in a mains AC circuit, make sure to use a galvanically isolated DC voltage source for the gate-source control circuit where a 9 or a 12V battery is shown in the schematic. Of course in such cases an opto coupler could also be used, together with a MOSFET driver IC.

Gyula

Comment

Originally posted by gyula View Post
                            Hi Wistiti,

The simplest high current reed switch could be "mimicked" by using two MOSFETs in series and controlling their tied together gates and sources by the low current reed switch. The series MOSFETs constitute a bidirectional switch because the channel resistances (when they are ON) are able to conduct current in both directions so AC currents would not be problem but the body diodes would still be a problem. To solve the latter problem, two MOSFETs are used which are connected in series, with their sources in a common point. this way any one of their body diodes are always reverse biased for any AC polarity, see my drawing attached to this post here: Shorting coil gives back more power
                            The MOSFET types are two N-channel ones (IRF640, 200V 18A, max drain-source ON resistance is 0.18 Ohm). Of course there are many other types you can choose from. There are several types with less than 0.1 Ohm ON resistance and still with over 200V drain-source breakdown voltage (these values add up due the series connection).
                            IF you use this bidirectional switch in a mains AC circuit, make sure to use a galvanically isolated DC voltage source for the gate-source control circuit where a 9 or a 12V battery is shown in the schematic. Of course in such cases an opto coupler could also be used, together with a MOSFET driver IC.

Gyula
                            Thank you Gyula for your input!
                            I will give it a try. Yesterday i rebuilt the circuit as shown in the begenning of this tread. At the start. it work like a charm; but i let it run without surveillance for about 1 hour and when i look at it the reed switch have stick close and it burn some component in the circuit and drain down the source batt...

So for everyone how try this circuit, alwais keep an eye on it if you dont whant to start a fire!!

Comment

Working...
                            X