X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rave154 View Post
    Aaron,

ive got hold of 3 IRF740's

they seem very comparable to the mosfet youre using, avalanche rated, diode inside etc.... will it suffice you think?

David. D
    That part has a lower on resistance (good thing) but a lower Avalanche Voltage (400V instead of 1000V) So it will Avalanche with a lower spike level, but it does have a higher drain current (another good thing).

It's input capacitance is lower and it's output capacitance is higher. All the combined differences (esp. the on resistance) will cause it to act differently than Rosemary's circuit, but it (the circuit) probably can be adjusted to get the benefits sought after.

I'll be posting the section on Avalanche from the Designers Manual in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Harvey; 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM.
    "Amy Pond, there is something you need to understand, and someday your life may depend on it: I am definitely a madman with a box." ~The Doctor

Comment

• Article on Avalanche

Larger Image

Larger Image

"Amy Pond, there is something you need to understand, and someday your life may depend on it: I am definitely a madman with a box." ~The Doctor

Comment

• From where I sit, it seems we want a higher amplitude ring if possible. The frequency of that ring will depend on the battery and inductor combined resonance. Perhaps Hoppy or Milehigh can offer suggestions on methods of determining the battery capacitance so we can actually engineer a resonant circuit. My time is divided greatly over the next few days, but I will help where I can.

The Avalanche circuit inside the HEXFET serves to snub the ringing, but under certain conditions can actually exacerbate it when it encourages an increased current draw at the start of the spike but on the next cycles of the ring the Avalanche diode turns off for some reason. That would result in an increased field energy that dissipates in the ringing.

Rosemary, were any voltage measurements taken across the HEXFET? Did they ever exceed 1KV?

EDIT:
        How can I measure the capacitance (NOT capacity) of a battery? - Yahoo! Answers
        Chapter 9: Internal Battery Resistance
        Last edited by Harvey; 08-01-2009, 07:39 PM. Reason: Added two links that may prove useful.

Comment

• Guys - I've just watched yet another sad attempt at TK trying to apply power analysis to my circuit - two efforts on youtube, both using a LeCroy. He's using a machine which, by his own acknowledgement has the dc off set on the blink. Any analysis after this point is entirely erroneous. Please disregard any numbers at all that he references in either of the two videos. The wattage analysis function that he's employed relates to the product of the entire waveform. It is not able to determine the returning energy that is evident in voltage across the shunt and across the battery.

Also. There is clear evidence of aliasing - and he does not have enough samples to draw an analysis. He does not have a periodic waveform and is trying to draw conclusions from a ridiculously small sample range. If there were any validity in his claim he should be able to point to the dump with the numbers that determine the voltage across the shunt. He can't do this because DC coupling on the LeCroy is broken! For goodness sake.

Quite apart from which I suggest he brush up on his mental arthimetic. It's sadder than this new attempt at debunking. What qualifications does this man have? I'm an amateur and can see through this nonsense? Why .99 are you not poynting this out? And Hoppy? And MileHigh? Why do I need to do this? Where is the impartiality of our mainstream scientists?

EDIT Again, Ramset seems to have left the building. Could someone belonging to that forum please be good enough to post this across?
          Last edited by witsend; 08-01-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harvey View Post
            From where I sit, it seems we want a higher amplitude ring if possible. The frequency of that ring will depend on the battery and inductor combined resonance. Perhaps Hoppy or Milehigh can offer suggestions on methods of determining the battery capacitance so we can actually engineer a resonant circuit. My time is divided greatly over the next few days, but I will help where I can.

The Avalanche circuit inside the HEXFET serves to snub the ringing, but under certain conditions can actually exacerbate it when it encourages an increased current draw at the start of the spike but on the next cycles of the ring the Avalanche diode turns off for some reason. That would result in an increased field energy that dissipates in the ringing.

Rosemary, were any voltage measurements taken across the HEXFET? Did they ever exceed 1KV?
            Hi Harvey. If you're referring to our paper experiment - there were measurements but not recorded. To the best of my knowledge I have never seen voltage anywhere on the circuit that high - except when we tested from a utility supply source.

Harvey - please may I ask you a favour. Can you schedue the test protocol required to prove the effect with battery draw down. Or I'll try and do something - would you and any other qualified to do so please then vet it?
            EDIT And yet again Harvey - many many thanks for the info re the MOSFETs. Much appreciated.
            Last edited by witsend; 08-01-2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Cloxxki,

I feel the same way... There's just way too much hype at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                Hi folks, Hi cloxxki, you quoted "I'll likely be looking at paying a lot of high energy bills over the rest of my life, unless I get a permit to build a windmill on my roof."
                Well it seems you already have part of your answer. If you you need to ask permission from another human who thinks they have authority over another human being especially in regard to basic essential things like energy, well we need look no further than our own back yard.
                peace love light
                Hi SkyWatcher. A really good point here.

Comment

• Rosemary Ainslie Schematic

Originally posted by rave154 View Post
                  is there a clear, definitive schematic for this circuit that your using so i can begin replication,
                  Hi everyone, here is a more clear schematic of what I'm using. It works and has great variability depending on what you want to do. Any inductive resistor you put on this can be tuned to its own resonant frequency with this timer circuit. Gate resistor tunes the ringing.

I don't know any common item with these inductive resistors. Check Ebay, Mouser, Digikey, etc... Ohmite and Clarostat brands are the two best. The Clarostat's seem to have much more inductance for the same rating.

Big and small version

Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                  Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                  RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I found another possible substitution for the MOSFET ...

International Rectifier IRFPG50

ST Microelectronics STW9N150

N-channel 1500 V - 1.8 Ω - 8 A - TO-247
                    very high voltage PowerMESH™ Power MOSFET
                    Single pulse avalanche energy - 720

@ Aaron and Rosemary ....... look at Figure 4 Typical Output Characteristics and Figure 5 Typical Transfer Characteristics everything else appears fairly close.

Best Regards,
                    Glen
                    Open Source Experimentalist
                    Open Source Research and Development

Comment

• Many thanks Fuzzy. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                        From where I sit, it seems we want a higher amplitude ring if possible. The frequency of that ring will depend on the battery and inductor combined resonance. Perhaps Hoppy or Milehigh can offer suggestions on methods of determining the battery capacitance so we can actually engineer a resonant circuit. My time is divided greatly over the next few days, but I will help where I can.

EDIT:
                        How can I measure the capacitance (NOT capacity) of a battery? - Yahoo! Answers
                        Chapter 9: Internal Battery Resistance
                        Although I have seen the fundamental resonant frequency of an LA battery quoted to be anywhere from 8.0KHz to 3.5MHz, the only resonance I can see possibly applying to this exercise is what is termed the 'absorbtion resonance' I have found this to be around 700Hz to 800Hz for an SLA battery. The absorbtion resonant frequency is the frequency where the battery can take maximum charge with least internal resistance at the commencement of the charging process. It is not IMO viable to see this circuit working in a classic resonant mode. Furthermore, as I've pointed out in an earlier post, given that batteries are non-linear systems, I can see no useful purpose using battery drain measurements by conventional load testing as an acceptable method of proving that this circuit is working overunity, unless the test circuit does in fact work at COP17 as claimed, in which case a straight 'before and after' battery capacity meter reading (BCM), although quite innacurate, will at least confirm that the system is working OU and should be more readily accepted by academics.

Hoppy
                        Last edited by Hoppy; 08-01-2009, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• OK this is how I would suggest the test be conducted if there are no storage scope meters available.

Set the duty cycle and check the temperature of the resistor when it's stable.

Then apply the same resistor to a variable power supply and adjust the voltage until the same temperature is found and stable over the same resistor

Then do a v^2/r analysis to determine the wattage dissipated at the start of the experiment.

Then record the start time to run the experiment until the battery is depleted to say, 11 volts from a 12volt supply or 22 volts from a 24 volt supply.

Then recharge the batteries and apply a resistor in series with them to draw down the same amperage as recorded at the start of the experimental test.

Then record the time it takes for the battery to deplete to the same level as the experiment.

Then rerun both tests.

If you've got two sets of batteries - run them concurrently until one or other hits that critical voltage level. Then recharge both and swap them, control to experiment and vice versa.

Please comment if I've left out anything critical.

Comment

• Originally posted by witsend View Post
                            OK this is how I would suggest the test be conducted if there are no storage scope meters available.

Set the duty cycle and check the temperature of the resistor when it's stable.

Then apply the same resistor to a variable power supply and adjust the voltage until the same temperature is found and stable over the same resistor

Then do a v^2/r analysis to determine the wattage dissipated at the start of the experiment.

Then record the start time to run the experiment until the battery is depleted to say, 11 volts from a 12volt supply or 22 volts from a 24 volt supply.

Then recharge the batteries and apply a resistor in series with them to draw down the same amperage as recorded at the start of the experimental test.

Then record the time it takes for the battery to deplete to the same level as the experiment.

Then rerun both tests.

If you've got two sets of batteries - run them concurrently until one or other hits that critical voltage level. Then recharge both and swap them, control to experiment and vice versa.

Please comment if I've left out anything critical.
                            Yes, re-run test as many times as necessary until calculated COP stops falling and stabilises out!

Hoppy

Comment

• huge back emf recovery

hi,everyone i was just going through ou.com and this thread and videos came up IST! NEO ZAP! TECK Breakthrough ....
                              and these videos YouTube - IST NEO ZAP! TECK , YouTube - Neo transformer effect.AVI , YouTube - IST! NEO ZAP! IN THE DARK
                              in these video you can see how easily and abundantly back emf is being generated with just 12v
                              i thought since we are utilising back emf so why not enhance to a great length and then use it sorry if i went off topic.
                              good luck guy's
                              one thing more one video is from allcanadian and he is posting in this forum also so he might be able to help us better
                              thanks
                              jasbir
                              Last edited by jas_bir77; 08-01-2009, 10:10 PM. Reason: new information previouslly left

Comment

• Avalanche Proof vs. Avalanche Rated

Really these are just two ways of saying the same thing. The SK transistor has a breakdown voltage of 900V while the IR transistor is 1000V. Essentially, both will handle the breakdown without destruction. Naturally, they will both have limits as to how long they can handle that condition under the rated current.

The SK does not offer the Joule rating nor does it infer any recovery timing etc for an Avalanche condition. So without actually delving into the particulars of what they mean by "Proof" and "No secondary breakdown" it would be difficult to determine what this device would do with a 925V spike.

TK did raise an important point regarding the spike slope, and another poster here (sorry forgot the name) explained how the voltage of the spike is directly related to the time it takes to travel from peak to peak. The shorter the time period, the higher the voltage. Remember, an AMP is a time based unit. When you subdivide the time you trade amp for volt.

The Avalanche is only a factor in this circuit if Rosemary's original configuration was able to produce greater than 1000 volts across the HEXFET. In that case, for that brief period, extra current would flow due to the extended ON condition through the Avalanche thereby bolstering the magnetic field and slowing its total collapse. If however the voltage never reaches breakdown, and the spike and ringing is all below that limit, then the entire energy in the ringing is a result of how fully you charge the magnetic field before collapse - it can only store so much before it saturates.

Keep in mind too, that as I understand Rosemary's claim, it has to do with conserved energy in the load resistor being stored at the point of manufacture, and that it would leak into the field and add to it resulting in a breakdown of the load resistor. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Comment

Working...
                                X