Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter, whatever happened with Eric P. Dollard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick brainstorm anyone?

Originally posted by TREX View Post
    Having a pair of imaginary roots, plus j Gamma and minus j Gamma

It is however that the JJ Thompson Longitudinal Dielectric Motions cannot have a periodic solution, there is one energy only, dielectric. This needs to be resolved.

There are four distinct forms of energy stored in a winding,
    Magnetic Pair:

L, Leakage Inductance, Henry The big magnetic fields that push our motors?

M, Mutual Inductance, per Henry Energy stored in counterspace/innerspace?

Dielectric Pair:

C, Leakage Capacitance, Farad The field created by an electro static geretator, or in a vacuum capacitor?

K, Mutual Capacitance, per FaradEnergy stored in counterspace/innerspace?

are the blue discriptions correct???

Is it fair to say that if you can oscillate L and C in "space", you can oscillate M and K in "counterspace"??? If so what is happening to M and K on a standard run of the mill teslacoil?

Seems to me they would be stuck/saturated?

@ lamare, and EPD

What if "counter/innerspace" was bounded? Would there be a "Hard Knock" or unelastic bump, when you run out of "room" in counterspace? Then...... a large "splash" into space? Just a thought. Might help with JJ Thompson motions by putting an end to the peroid.
    sorry no goddess but still a god

@garretm,

Thanks for that last post. I will never be able to get the notion of snaping electric lines out of my mind when I think of radiation. I have a friend who tests dirt for radiation. You should see the periodic table of the decaying elements. He has a wall sized poster at the office.

Also do you have all your posts saved in another format or in one place?

I would like to take another look at them. I am a more familiar with the symbols and meanings. Erics videos helped alot with that. Wish there was a lecture of everything he scipped over in last videos.

Any takers?

Comment

• I was doing some experiments the other night with a specific goal in mind, it all started relatively unrelated to this, but one thing led to another and I decided to try the crystal radio principle in the house, seeing as the big coil I'm using to receive the radio has 4x the wire length of my small coil. So the idea was to replicate the main objective but using my own power source to try and get a better idea of things. 52.65m transmitter and 13m receiver secondary wire lengths approx.

First before I forget, a normal crystal radio can be connected to the transmitter as a one wire receiver along with tuning, and it also receives without any wires as an "AV plug" type device with tuning which may be of interest to those interested in the SEC type devices. It needs the "ground" and "terminal capacitance" to work properly whether using direct connections or not, but it will easily light LEDs.

The normal receiver worked so I tried Eric's crystal circuit with the small spiral. For the original goal I didn't want a direct connection so here I was using a tinfoil ground plane on the coil output with various bits of metal close to it to receive the energy. That worked too, but it was better when the C0 shorted (or connected directly) across the receiver secondary. Next, the power circuit. Also worked, but it was better with C2 removed from the circuit.

But the point here was I was now thinking of it in terms of the radio instead of "energy transmission". That was an interesting revelation I decided to earth the transmitter by connecting it to the radiator, and use a metal receiving plate to see if I could get anything off the radiator with no physical connection. Lo and behold the LEDs lit on the receiver And to cut an even longer story short, I used a direct connection from the radiator to the receiver was able to tune it for best output. It will even light a 15w 240v incandescent bulb very dimly, but I was very excited by the fact it even lit at all from an earthed wire. So this might not exactly be the goal of this thread, but personally I thought it might be an useful way of having some "known" source of power to be able to test the theory and learn a bit about it.

Anyway this video shows the result so far, I suppose the main thing to note of relevance here being the effect of the terminal capacitance when its distance from the radiator is adjusted. The cardboard has tinfoil sandwiched inside it. Without adjusting the distance like that it would need pretty big terminal capacitance for the best output.

[edit] I forgot to mention, the primary is in series with the secondary for best output, and the fridge shelves are a part of the terminal capacitance.

Tesla "Wireless" Electrical Transmission Via Earthed Central Heating Pipes - YouTube
      Last edited by dR-Green; 03-29-2012, 12:17 AM.
      http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• I feel honored to read the posts here. This forum is how I imagine a true University where the knowledge is shared equally and its up to the student to get up to speed on their own.

Thanks T-Rex and other electricians, I appreciate your efforts at bringing this reader into a more reasoned and measured understanding of this work.
        Last edited by wyndbag; 03-30-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Lumped & Distributed Elements & Mutual & Self Inductions, Down the Rabbit Hole We Go

Jake,

I hope this helps make more clear as to what Mr. Dollard was referring to in the quote you had of his in your post. While I can't speak for him, I can give you my understanding of it, in a round-about lecture of my own (if anyone finds something to be inaccurate or lacking in detail, please feel free to correct me).

Without further ado, here's my 2 cents on "The Four Distinct forms of Energy Stored in a Winding":

The various dielectric-metallic confines (or circuits) employed for the use of "electricity", create a myriad of conditions and settings for the two conjugate forces of the Electric Field. The magnetic and the dielectric. The most basic conditions are those of the LUMPED ELEMENTS. In the world of lumped element analysis, a resistor is just a resistor and a capacitor is only a capacitor, the employment and understanding of these conditions are only useful at LOW FREQUENCIES. A more advanced and very much more complicated condition is that of DISTRIBUTED ELEMENTS. Here a resistor is not only a resistor but an inductor and capacitor as well, the employment and understanding of these conditions are generally used at high frequencies and is the most accurate for calculation given ANY circuit condition.

Furthermore, beyond the lumped and distributed elements, we have TWO forms of the two inductions (dielectric & magnetic) these being in the context of SELF and MUTUAL relations. This is why we have C, K, L & M or a total of four circuit coefficients. C and L are self inductions, which means that if looked at from a lumped element point of view they can only store and return energy, THEY DO NOT TRANSFER ENERGY. K and M are mutual inductions, these if looked at from a lumped element point of view can be thought to only be able to transfer energy, they DO NOT STORE ENERGY.

Now if we combine both the SELF and MUTUAL inductions along with LUMPED and DISTRIBUTED ELEMENTS, we enter into a brave new world, one that will change your views on electrical circuits for the better. Here lies the "meat and potatoes" of what Mr. Dollard has been lecturing about. For now lets consider the specific employment of lumped elements, for example a common man, low frequency, 1:1 transformer utilizing a permeable core of soft iron.

Lets examine the LUMPED, MUTUAL and SELF Inductions of the Transformer. A transformer is wound to have almost NO SELF INDUCTION, this is because self induction CAN NOT TRANSFER ENERGY (it can only store and return energy), here MUTUAL INDUCTION IS EMPLOYED FOR USE. In the transfer of energy, mutual induction acts like an ADMITTANCE, whereas SELF INDUCTION (of a magnetic element) would act as an IMPEDANCE. When analyzing a transformers characteristics, ANY SELF INDUCTANCE (of the primary) IS CALLED "LEAKAGE INDUCTANCE". Both the Leakage Inductance L (of primary) and the Mutual Inductance M (between windings), in this simple case, are LUMPED ELEMENTS.

Now lets consider the DISTRIBUTED ELEMENTS in the transformer, time to go down the "rabbit hole". Interestingly, the transformer doesn't have a capacitor hooked up but it will still oscillate, why? Well sir, there CAN NOT be an OSCILLATION without the employment of a CONJUGATE FIELD OF INDUCTION, in the case of a transformer (a magnetic element) we need a DIELECTRIC ELEMENT to ALLOW for such an even to occur. This is quite the predicament for those, often unwitting, followers of the LUMPED ELEMENT MODEL, where is the capacitor? Well lets forget those guys and think outside the box, there must be a capacitance distributed throughout the coil, lets call this DISTRIBUTED (MUTUAL) CAPACITY and give it the letter K. This distributed capacity (K) is found IN-BETWEEN EACH TURN of the COIL and thus is CUT UP INTO SMALL LITTLE SELF CAPACITIES (C) that then constitute the whole of K. Next we have yet another DISTRIBUTED ELEMENT this being a SELF CAPACITY (C) of the entire winding to the transformer CORE or GROUND (generally a transformer core is directly connected to ground, so as to be at "zero or earth potential" for safety). Here the entire winding of the transformer can be looked at as a "metallic cylinder" or "capacitor plate" and the ground or transformer core as the other "capacitor plate", thus constituting a self capacity C between these two separate conductors. We will henceforth call this second distributed capacity, the Leakage Capacitance and give it the letter C.

As can be seen there are TWO DISTINCT DISTRIBUTED DIELECTRIC ELEMENTS in and around the transformer, one of self induction, Leakage Capacitance (C) and the other of mutual induction, Mutual Capacitance (K), each having a spatially distinct and separate path of propagation (orthogonal to one another). These being the most simple cases. NOTE, these distributed elements have almost no implications or effect at low frequencies, it is only at high frequencies that these distributed elements make them selves apparent to the naked eye (or oscilloscope screen) in the form of oscillations. A few examples of High Frequency Events, in which the distributed capacities would actually have physical meaning, would be, lightning discharges and arcing to ground or arcing from winding to winding. These HF events, along with the distributed elements of the transformer, cause (sometimes) disastrous oscillatory events in the high-power electrical distribution systems used by the utility companies.

To summarize our above transformer example, we can isolate two lumped magnetic elements, Leakage Inductance L (stored, un-transferable energy of primary) and Mutual Inductance M (transferred energy pri to sec), we also have two (UNINTENDED and often unwanted) distributed dielectric elements, Leakage Capacity C (to ground) and Mutual Capacity K (in-between turns of coil). If we go one step further, we can look at the directions of propagation of these four distinct inductions.

So with the above example and discussion given, lets examine the questions you gave pertaining to these four distinct inductions:

1) L, Leakage Inductance
          Q - "The big magnetic fields that push our motors?"
          A - My answer would be a resounding NO, leakage inductance can only store energy it CAN NOT TRANSFER ENERGY, thus it would only act as an IMPEDANCE and not as an ADMITTANCE required for the electrical to mechanical transfer of energy to create motion in a motor. The leakage inductance is the exact thing we try to get rid of when designing a motor, and is not something we usually want. There are times when a small leakage inductance can be helpful, this is only when there is a short circuit and the impedance of the leakage inductance prevents catastrophic failure by LIMITING the current of the short circuit.

2) M, Mutual Inductance
          Q - "Energy stored in counterspace/innerspace?"
          A - Magnetic energy as explained by Mr. Dollard is stored in Normal Space, not the "counter space" as explained by him. Mutual induction of the magnetic field is that which transfers energy in-between two separate coils, there is no storage of energy here, only the transfer of energy from one distinct coil to another. This topic can be found to yield many interesting and practical insights, but I will leave this subject for another time.

3) C, Leakage Capacitance
          Q - "The field created by an electrostatic generator, or in a vacuum capacitor?"
          A - Inside the vacuum capacitor there is NO LEAKAGE CAPACITANCE, this is normal SELF CAPACITANCE, although if at high frequency, when small capacities are physically meaningful, there is a leakage capacitance associated with the vacuum capacitors outer plate to ground (or any and all surroundings) (and on the topic of high frequencies, EVERYTHING has an associated leakage capacitance). Furthermore, only "quantum physicists" think a vacuum capacitor operates differently from any other capacitor type, at the end of the day there is little to NO difference, aside from the SPEED of DISCHARGE (which is due to permittivity affecting the manifest "velocity of light"). The electrostatic generator is a highly complex induction machine which converts mechanical energy (or seemingly this is the source) to electrostatic potential stored in a condenser. There may undoubtedly be a leakage capacitance associated with the electrostatic generators operation, but don't try to fool yourself into thinking that (leakage capacity) is the only thing going on during operation.

4) K, Mutual Capacitance
          Q - "Energy stored in counterspace/innerspace?"
          A -ALL DIELECTRIC ENERGY IS CONSIDERED AS A COUNTER SPATIAL ENERGY. Thus, the storage of dielectric energy is greater when there is MORE counter space for the energy to occupy. This can be looked at as the RECIPROCAL of SPACE or a "large space" divided into the "unit" (1) is an equally large "counter space". This is seen in the design of a capacitor, the closer the plates are the more "storage" or "capacity" the capacitor has, it's that simple.

5) Bonus Question on Capacity of a Wire
          Q - "On a 20 secondary with spaced windings does approaching the coil with your hand increase its mutual capacity K, or its self capacity C??? but before you answer think what would happen if you had a long straight wire and could measure it's C. What would happen to the meter if you approached the wire?"
          A - This is an interesting question and the answer is dependent upon perspective, how do you plan to measure the capacitance? This question answers your question but doesn't really give an answer, so lets work our way through this. First, ALL METALLIC SURFACES HAVE A DEFINITE CAPACITY REGARDLESS OF BEING REFERENCED WITH ANOTHER METALLIC SURFACE. When we measure a capacity we usually place TWO metallic surfaces of interest as close together as possible, we unwittingly try to make lumped elements. When considering a distributed capacity we generally can no longer use the methods and understanding of lumped elements, here lies the problem of measurement, how do we measure only one surface? Well there are techniques to do this but are beyond the scope of your question and my answer. So more to the point, the measurement of capacity is a problem of reference and THERE ARE MULTIPLE CAPACITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE WIRE IN YOUR QUESTION and consequently multiple answers. An outstretched wire will have a greater "free-space capacity" while the coiled wire will have a greater self capacity to any-one object. Moving your hand closer increases C (leakage capacity) not K (mutual capacity). K is when there are multiple C's that are mutually connected with one another, or MULTIPLE separate metallic surfaces linked via dielectric flux, this in the secondary is seen in-between turns.

REFERENCE (for "bonus qustion"):
          Fritz Lowenstein - Capacities [1916]

REFERENCES (for "common man transformer" discussion):
          CP Steinmetz - Abnormal Strains in Transformers [1912]
          JM Weed - Abnormal Voltages In Transformers [1915]
          LF Blume & A Boyajian - Abnormal Voltages within Transformers [1919]
          LV Bewley - Traveling Waves on Transmission Systems [1933]

To be continued in part 2

Garrett M
          Last edited by garrettm4; 03-30-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Thank You Eric!

Eric, I just wanted to Thank You for providing the can opener of Truths...To long have our thoughts and understandings been confined in this sealed can of rotting garb. SO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU .... You have reopened my interest and brain, and given hope that there is HOPE.....

I know now why my DeVry professors would squirm and squeal at my questioning the status quo. I always knew deep down that the force fed crap they were teaching just didnt taste right....

You are my ROCKSTAR ...so keep on a rocking

I would also like to thank garrettm4, lamare, Raui as well as others your thoughts and post have been extremely helpful in understanding some of this material.

OOoo and Tuks.nl is a great portal of knowledge .. thank you for all your hard work there.

Thanks Again

Nate

Comment

• Down the Rabbit Hole We Go Part II - To the Center of the Earth

Continuing from Part I,

Lets leave the common man transformer example and move on to the more advanced Tesla Transformer. Here we almost exclusively employ DISTRIBUTED ELEMENTS, notably in the secondary and extra coils. The terminal capacity, primary loop and its associated capacitor are the few lumped elements used. Lets focus on the secondary winding for now, this being the actual TRANSFORMER of the so called "transformer". (On a side note, I believe the extra coil does have a part in this as well, it may very well be the "non-Newtonian reference frame" from which the circuit uses as a "universal reference point" to "push against" allowing for the one wire system to work, or at least assist the secondary in this line of thought. Although, Tesla didn't always use the extra coil in the transformers design, so this topic is debatable.) The secondary is where (part of) the magic happens, this is where we go from the orthodox TWO WIRE to a mysterious ONE WIRE configuration. The most confounding thing about the secondary is that YOU ONLY USE ONE WIRE (the earth connection), this from a two wire perspective is almost blaspheme and down right paradoxical, well sir lets find out how this is possible, time to go further down the rabbit hole. For simplicity we will leave the extra coil out of the discussion, at least for a little while.

In the secondary of the Tesla Transformer all "known" "understandings" can generally be put aside. This is because they do not factor the entire winding as being used for inductance L, capacitance C, enductance M and elastance K simultaneously. Stated in another way, the Mutual and Self inductions of the Magnetic and Dielectric Fields are employed for use in the secondary, whereas Co-Axial wire only utilizes the SELF inductions of the magnetic and dielectric fields (coax more notably uses dielectric self induction and suppresses, but does not completely get rid of, the magnetic self induction). These are all in the form of UNIFORM DISTRIBUTED INDUCTIONS, there are no lumped capacitors, inductors or resistors here. The thought of where's the capacitor and where's the inductor, needs to be left behind (and only for use when working with the lumped elements of the terminal capacity, primary loop and its associated capacitor).

(I will finish this when I get some more free time)

Garrett M
              Last edited by garrettm4; 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Garrett, great post. Coax line though is bit more complex and involves the rotation of j or k in Erics notes. there is also the consideration of the coil too as it's usually considered a complex form or looped transmission line but simplified reduction will loose the true nature of what's going on.

I posted this in the yahoo groups and will share it here for others.
                I'm developing a physical theory for capacitance to surface area between objects. I need to modify a couple equations to get the terms in there proper places. take two cylinders of radius r and r' with a given axial distance of d, I now need to put a hyperbolic curve between both tangent points that is based on induction frequency and a function of skin depth which is frequency dependent, there is also the permittivity constant k and resistivity of the cylinder to factor which is also frequency dependent too, and if that isn't enough there is still the variable of the axial distance d and that all needs to be a function of cosine of the angular frequency and needs to bring in the counter-space of rotation to plane shifting.

As much as a all-in-one equation would be great I get the feeling it may be easier to piece it out and integrate.

I'll try and explain a bit further here on the dielectric to capacitance. In Erics notes there is an equation for reactance it's a modified phase velocity equation and makes complete sense as it fits the theory I have been working on too, to cut my time short I've been going back over Erics work and he has the framework for this worked out nicely but still lacks useable engineering equations because this is completely new ground to cover and will rely on counter-space algebra. Ok so the basic outline is this, the dielectric in counter-space is time invariant, reactance is a time variant gateway to what would be best described as an open/close of counter-space this is achieved through rotation in counter-space where it translates to plane shifting in vector space. if we took a cross section look two parallel cylinders so that it would be a diagram of two circles on the same axis separated by a distance, the area of capacitance would vary over time based on the frequency of the wave, this makes the capacitance a time variant function which is why AC is not blocked by a capacitor, however this also introduces another topology, the axial linear direction. the capacitance area is a function of the wave form as it moves along the wire, now if we loop the wire the wave shift between turns will be a function of the loop radius and pitch, at the point where the wave loops upon itself and is out phase by 180* it will resonate, it becomes immediately obvious that the radius is dependent upon the frequency and will have various numerical answers, the radius also needs to account for inductance as well. For any given frequency the inductance and capacitance need to match to cancel and this is the resonance. by being able to accurately calculate these quantities we can engineer any frequency quickly.

There is a number of variables that may be circular and I want to avoid that. In the above it also highlights the DC nature of resonance as the capacitance wave phase area is no longer shifting along the wire but resonating as a standing wave, the value of the capacitance is based on the distance between the surfaces and from this theory it shows that as the distance increases the amplitude of resonance will fall off and there will be a change to the resonant point as this also effects the induction. a straight line transmission also exhibits this as well but if the distance to a nearby plane or surface is too large the value will be too small to factor. Steinmetz also points out in Chapter 2 of theory and calculation of alternating currents. from page 330
                "The difference is due to the distributed character of L and C
                in the transmission line and the resultant phase displacement
                between the elements of the line, which causes the inductance
                and capacity of the line elements, in their effect on the frequency,
                not to add but to combine to a resultant, which is the projection
                of the elements of a quadrant, on the diameter, or - 2/pi times the
                sum, just as, for instance, the resultant m.m.f. of a distributed
                armature winding of n turns of i amperes is not ni but - (2/pi)ni."
                In looking at work of Steinmetz and Tesla connections start to form. the bulk of Steinmetz equations all deal with transmission line and power supply, however they are full of gems and insights that can be adapted and used to duplicate and expand further on Tesla's work. Eric's engineering of the dimensions for the coils at first brush had me scratching my head, but not one to take things at face value and wanting to always understand the why I dug further into research and reference texts and this light went on and the above theory was roughed out. close approximation isn't really going to work for longitudinal dielectricty, it needs to be fine tuned and balanced just right due to the numerous variables. electro-magnetic really is crude. a tuned distributed circuit with all terms is harmony.

Comment

• Originally posted by garrettm4 View Post
                  Well sir, there CAN NOT be an OSCILLATION without the employment of a CONJUGATE FIELD OF INDUCTION, in the case of a transformer (a magnetic element) we need a DIELECTRIC ELEMENT to ALLOW for such an even to occur.
                  That is an interesting statement, which is not entirely true at the fundamental level, IMHO.

Let's first go back to what Eric said some time ago:

Originally posted by T-rex View Post
                  It is generally considered that any wave must consist of a conjugate pair of energies, magnetic and dielectric let's say. Only then an interaction between time and space is possible. As I have shown recently it is through the union of a conjugate pair (L and C) that the dimension of time is produced. The propagation constant is then equal to:

(1) Negative Gamma Square

Having a pair of imaginary roots, plus j Gamma and minus j Gamma

It is however that the JJ Thompson Longitudinal Dielectric Motions cannot have a periodic solution, there is one energy only, dielectric. This needs to be resolved.
                  Fundamentally, you need some kind of momentum in order to have oscillation or wave movement trough the medium, yes. However, that momentum does not HAVE to be magnetic in nature. That is, there is no need for the momentum to be of a ROTATIONAL nature, as is the fundamental nature of the magnetic field.

In other words: the inductance we work with, the magnetic inductance, is NOT a fundamental property of the aether. There is a more fundamental kind of momentum, which somehow gives rise to the magnetic momentum by means of some kind of rotational propagation. And when we are considering the magnetic momentum as a fundamental property of the aether, we are overlooking this more fundamental, non-rotational momentum, which is why we cannot find periodic solutions to longitudinal dielectric motions. There IS another energy we need to consider...

I believe the work of Paul Stowe to give important clues of how to resolve the problem put forth by Eric. Don't be bothered too much by Stowe's choice of dimensions as Eric did previously (http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post173400). Stowe's dimensions are the result of the way he describes the properties of the medium in terms of Newtonian fluid dynamics. I totally agree with Eric that this is not the correct way to describe the properties of the medium and that it eventually leads to incorrect dimensions. So, yes, this is an issue that needs to be resolved and CAN be resolved. For now, just consider it an important detail to be resolved later.

What Stowe gives us, is a mathematical framework that goes a long way of connecting all aspects of physics into one unified theory, even though there are some questions left that may very well have to do with his choice of dimensions:

Tuks DrippingPedia : Stowe Personal E Mail

What I don't know is why the value of the Magnetic Moment Anomaly is required to bring the more basic expressions in line with measurements. What I do know is the MMA is the square of the dielectic and magnetic suseptability of air. Don't know why this is either.
                  All right. In his article about the nature of charge, he first of all notes that the aether MUST be compressible:

Tuks DrippingPedia : Stowe Nature Of Charge

with the incompressible assumption, there can be no change in density. [...] This definition requires infinite propagation speeds of any perturbations in such incompressible systems, eliminating any possibility of wave activity.
                  And then he continues explaining a unique characteristic of all compressible media, which is required for acoustic (longitudinal) waves to propagate:

Conversely, in compressible mediums we see that (rho)Div v equals the time rate of change in the density d(rho)/dt. For the limit, as a volume element [s] go to zero, we get:

s(rho)Div v = s(d(rho)/dt)

This is based on the observation that for the two terms to sum to zero, and therefore must have opposite signs. This leads directly to:

mDiv v = dm/dt

And cannot be zero. This is an important finding, it describes a unique characteristic of all compressible systems. The result of this is a fixed finite propagation speed for any perturbations in the resulting continuum, leading to standard acoustic behavior.

In general the physical consequences of this definition has been overlooked, due to an almost universal adoption of the 'assumption' of incompressibility, in evaluating the general behavior of such systems. This eliminates many higher order terms, greatly simplifying the equations, and generally doesn't introduce significant errors in the results obtained.

It does however eliminate this property and any resulting consequences from any such evaluations. As should be obvious, as a limit, this definition has a unique value fixed by the density and velocity of the constitute continuum.

So, what is the above equation saying? It appears to be saying that compressible medium will have a basic oscillation of density fluctuation occurring continuously.
                  Now let's jump to his conclusion:
                  Thus, there should be little doubt, given the preceding presentation, that the property we call charge is an inevitable result of field compressibility and inexorably connected to the wave properties of the continuum.

Moreover, given this definition, Permitivitty and Permeability which today have arbitrary definitions, become density and inverse energy density (pressure/modulus). This facilitates the conversion of all EM/QM properties into prosaic medium properties and results in a completely consistent system that will match all physical observations.
                  Of course, if "all EM/QM properties" can be converted into "prosaic medium properties", you can also go the other way around.

And that I think is basically what needs to be done with this theory. Then you should end up with a theory that unifies all of physics into one unified theory, thus uniting all of physics by a compressible aether defined in terms of EM properties....

BTW, Stowe also gives a theoretical relation between the propagation speed of longitudinal (compression) waves and transverse (shear) waves:

For a solid we have the further complication of whether we are evaluating the compression or shear . The relationship between these two in a perfect elastic medium is that the shear wave travel at a speed Sqrt(3) time slower than the compression wave.
                  sqrt(3) is about 1.73, pretty close to the pi/2 we have been calculating with thus far. Of course, this has to do with "real" transverse waves, which are different beasts than EM waves in the far field, which means you COULD have differences between the near field and the far field that could lead to errors in the calculations.
                  Last edited by lamare; 03-30-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Congratulation dR-Green

Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                    I was doing some experiments the other night with a specific goal in mind, it all started relatively unrelated to this, but one thing led to another and I decided to try the crystal radio principle in the house, seeing as the big coil I'm using to receive the radio has 4x the wire length of my small coil. So the idea was to replicate the main objective but using my own power source to try and get a better idea of things. 52.65m transmitter and 13m receiver secondary wire lengths approx.

First before I forget, a normal crystal radio can be connected to the transmitter as a one wire receiver along with tuning, and it also receives without any wires as an "AV plug" type device with tuning which may be of interest to those interested in the SEC type devices. It needs the "ground" and "terminal capacitance" to work properly whether using direct connections or not, but it will easily light LEDs.

The normal receiver worked so I tried Eric's crystal circuit with the small spiral. For the original goal I didn't want a direct connection so here I was using a tinfoil ground plane on the coil output with various bits of metal close to it to receive the energy. That worked too, but it was better when the C0 shorted (or connected directly) across the receiver secondary. Next, the power circuit. Also worked, but it was better with C2 removed from the circuit.

But the point here was I was now thinking of it in terms of the radio instead of "energy transmission". That was an interesting revelation I decided to earth the transmitter by connecting it to the radiator, and use a metal receiving plate to see if I could get anything off the radiator with no physical connection. Lo and behold the LEDs lit on the receiver And to cut an even longer story short, I used a direct connection from the radiator to the receiver was able to tune it for best output. It will even light a 15w 240v incandescent bulb very dimly, but I was very excited by the fact it even lit at all from an earthed wire. So this might not exactly be the goal of this thread, but personally I thought it might be an useful way of having some "known" source of power to be able to test the theory and learn a bit about it.

Anyway this video shows the result so far, I suppose the main thing to note of relevance here being the effect of the terminal capacitance when its distance from the radiator is adjusted. The cardboard has tinfoil sandwiched inside it. Without adjusting the distance like that it would need pretty big terminal capacitance for the best output.

[edit] I forgot to mention, the primary is in series with the secondary for best output, and the fridge shelves are a part of the terminal capacitance.

Tesla "Wireless" Electrical Transmission Via Earthed Central Heating Pipes - YouTube
                    This is fantastic what you have accomplished. While theories are important it is a successful experiment what is the topping on the cake. Interesting to note that you have used the flat spiral coil form in your set-up. Tesla was very found of these type of coils and probably for a good reason. In the book "The Fantastic Inventions of Nikola Tesla" there is a picture of Tesla sitting front of a flat spiral coil over 2 meters in diameter and about 91 turns of wire. I would like to show the picture but I am not sure if it would not violate copy rights.
                    But going back to your experiment, it will give us, fellow experimenters, the needed assurance that Eric's 'crystal" radio works. It would help us a lot if you could make a sketch of your set-up to show how much does it deviate from the published circuit. Do you think that an improved grounding system would increase the performance? Did you get to the point where you started to "blow" the 1N34 diodes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nhopa View Post
                      This is fantastic what you have accomplished. While theories are important it is a successful experiment what is the topping on the cake. Interesting to note that you have used the flat spiral coil form in your set-up. Tesla was very found of these type of coils and probably for a good reason. In the book "The Fantastic Inventions of Nikola Tesla" there is a picture of Tesla sitting front of a flat spiral coil over 2 meters in diameter and about 91 turns of wire. I would like to show the picture but I am not sure if it would not violate copy rights.
                      But going back to your experiment, it will give us, fellow experimenters, the needed assurance that Eric's 'crystal" radio works. It would help us a lot if you could make a sketch of your set-up to show how much does it deviate from the published circuit. Do you think that an improved grounding system would increase the performance? Did you get to the point where you started to "blow" the 1N34 diodes?
                      Thank you But just to be clear, I'm using my own power source upstairs for this experiment, not the radio station. I don't think I'll be able to light up LEDs from the radio station power because the coil isn't built properly for it, so the point of this was to get a better idea of how it would or "should" work. I thought it would be easier if I'm using a "known" power source, starting close range and then extending it. So then I know where it works and when it stops working and needs adjusting etc.

But then at the same time I'm not sure that the fact it is working off the same central heating system is a good sign in this case. That suggests to me that instead of the energy going into the earth, it's coming into another coil, and enough of it to power LEDs, so it's "easier" to light the LEDs than to go into the earth?? So that implies I need better grounding. And I suppose that also works in the opposite direction, that better grounding would lead to better reception of the radio station. Certainly no diodes blown from the radio signal yet, and I didn't spend long using them with my own power source with an LED load because I wasn't happy with the fact that to get the best output I had to connect the "antenna" lead directly to the top of the secondary.

I know the picture you mean, I think there's 3 different pictures of that coil and he has a different winding configuration in each one. In one of them it looks like he has an extra coil type of thing for the spiral as well, not only the Colorado Springs setup. Not sure if it actually is an extra coil though. I read somewhere Tesla mentioning that he preferred a flat spiral for transmitting "signals", and the 3 coil arrangement for transmitting power. I don't know if there's any "practical" reason for this, besides the fact that for power transmission you'd have to use "no higher than 20-35kHz", and making a flat spiral for that frequency would be quite a lot of work. So it might just be easier to do the 3 coil setup for that reason? That's my guess. It might be worth making a flat spiral and a 3 coil setup for the same frequency to compare things.

I'll make a diagram of how things are set up in that video anyway. It's already in one of Eric's diagrams posted here but I'll draw it exactly according to all the connections used so there's no confusion. Back shortly

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                        I'll see if I can put a torrent file together. Or if somebody has some ftp space available to the tune of about 2 GB, P.M. me and we can work something out.

Dave
                        I can help seed it for a while if you make a torrent.

For those wanting to download off youtube, this is a good program. You just copy the youtube link and it will automatically decrypt the url and present you with a list of files to select from, all the different quality versions of the video, flv, mp4, mp3.

JDownloader.org - Official Homepage

Otherwise Internet Explorer 6 does the job nicely. Just wait until the video streams and copy the file from Temporary Internet Files It's not quite as easy with the newer versions.

Comment

• Perrine Liberation

Anyone with a copy of the text “Physics and Mathematics in Electrical Communication” that would like to help me 'liberate' it's contents should send me a message so we can organize a division of labor.

Comment

• Originally posted by lamare View Post
                            That is an interesting statement, which is not entirely true at the fundamental level, IMHO.

Let's first go back to what Eric said some time ago:

Fundamentally, you need some kind of momentum in order to have oscillation or wave movement trough the medium, yes. However, that momentum does not HAVE to be magnetic in nature. That is, there is no need for the momentum to be of a ROTATIONAL nature, as is the fundamental nature of the magnetic field.

In other words: the inductance we work with, the magnetic inductance, is NOT a fundamental property of the aether. There is a more fundamental kind of momentum, which somehow gives rise to the magnetic momentum by means of some kind of rotational propagation. And when we are considering the magnetic momentum as a fundamental property of the aether, we are overlooking this more fundamental, non-rotational momentum, which is why we cannot find periodic solutions to longitudinal dielectric motions. There IS another energy we need to consider...
                            From what I've been able to work out, there isn't another energy it's the geometry of the 'director' and a function of the period that gives rise to L,C and the rest.

a single line will have inductance and capacitance and resistance all as a function of the frequency, looping the line upon itself changes the topology and geometry of how the dielectric is transformed into our dimensional plane. The wave phase velocity is part of the key as to why this is. 'insulators' are the conductive or attractive medium of the dielectric and the metallic elements are the 'directive' or guiding medium for the dielectric field. The magnetic field is a result of the wave group moving thru any dimensional plane. the time invariant nature is due to that the dielectric field has no vector quantity, whereas any dimensional plane the conductors and directors are in do. The geometry and topology are key.

the problem I've seen so far with the math is that it tends to fall back to Newtonian or wave mechanics. quantum physics has this problem as it dragged F=MA into E=MC^2. C is a constant not a fundamental limiting unit.

I have reservations about the term 'momentum' as it conjures up a mass equivalent or mechanics involved where there is none in the dielectric field. conducting and directing the dielectric in our dimension will effect those mediums, now the tricky part or possible circular term arises because of the wave nature of everything. The structure of matter is a result of the dielectric fields interaction in the 3dimensional manifold.

gotta run, more later tonight..

Comment

• Standard physics to the extent that I have surveyed it seems to have ended with Dr. Feynman and QED. Feynman undoubtedly capable of formal calculations wound up inventing Feynman diagrams to simplify things. Eric D. has made a similar sort of suggestion somewhere of making up a new sort of math to try to tackle his problems.

Tesla seemed to work mainly from intuition which was fine as far as his inventing went, but it does not help others who are less intuitive or insightful carry on his work.

Eric D seems to be attempting to synthesize Tesla, Steinmetz and Heaviside ...
                              which is all fine and good...but how many genius kind of people have the background and or the ability to tackle such a load?

I respect and honor anyone who can take on such heroic lifting and can only stand on the sidelines and hope to see the fireworks unfold. Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                                I can help seed it for a while if you make a torrent.

For those wanting to download off youtube, this is a good program. You just copy the youtube link and it will automatically decrypt the url and present you with a list of files to select from, all the different quality versions of the video, flv, mp4, mp3.

JDownloader.org - Official Homepage

Otherwise Internet Explorer 6 does the job nicely. Just wait until the video streams and copy the file from Temporary Internet Files It's not quite as easy with the newer versions.
                                I will be making a torrent file as soon as I get the PowerPoint presentation onto my computer. It arrived today. I should have this available some time next week.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X