This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clueless,
    I would give Matt's circuit a try. If you can't figure it out, we'll help you. If you get the spec sheet on the MJL21194 it shows the base, collector and emitter.
    The base goes to the 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. The emitter goes to the 1 ohm 100 watt resistor, and the collector goes to the plus on batt 3 and then over to the other end of the 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. On the Transistor the three prongs are B C E. Hope that helps, and that I haven't screwed those directions up.

Dave
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Dave have you tried this circuit yet ? The only thing I do not have on hand is the wire wound 1 ohm resistor. They are pretty big if I remember correctly.

After reading your post a few times again I see where instead of 2 good batteries, you could have four so that 2 could always be running the motor
      at a constant rate, but this would involve more switching of the good
      batteries. That way it would be more similar to the South African device.
      I hope this makes sense or am I just misunderstanding it.

I wish I had more time to work on this now, but will probably have to leave within the next few days.

George

Comment

• FRC,
        I haven't tried it yet, but Matt certainly has, and I talked to him on the phone this morning for quite a while. I know him well enough to know that if he says it works, I would bet the farm it does. He has nothing to gain by steering us down the wrong path, and he's pretty happy with his setup. I expect he may post here soon, but he's busy, so you never know.

I also had to order the wire wound resistors, so won't have one up and running until they get here. I might try it with a standard resistor if I can find one in my box that matches those specs until the ones I have ordered come in.

Dave
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Who knows, someone else could have used the information here and improved
          upon it but kept it to themselves. At least Matt is not hiding anything and is
          helping this thing along with his findings. And we all benefit !

George
          Last edited by FRC; 03-27-2012, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Pot across battery

Originally posted by clueless View Post
            But why can't you use a pot across bat 3? Seems like doing that will "balance" the load to the motor more easily. Taking it a step farther instead of across bat 3 why couldn't you install it between the negatives of bat 3 and bat 1 with diodes to block draining bat 1? Just asking.
            Seems like if that will work it will help to keep the running bats charged.
            Regardless if a pot works to balance the motor could you control the motor's speed? If so then hooking up an AC generator to the motor seems simple to me. Or maybe you could connect the generator directly and leave the motor out?
            Just some wild random thoughts.
            I am probably going have to wait until next week when I get paid to set up my own system.
            I'm really tickled that so many are actually trying something that seems to work and is something I can visualize and follow along with and feel confident I can duplicate. So many threads here are way over my head.
            Thanks again guys.
            Hi Clueless,

Sure, you can use a 100-watt rheostat. I found some on ebay that are 2 ohms at 100-watts. I'm going to order a couple of these and a couple other values as well... Once you find the right value you may want to replace the rheostat with a fixed resistor though I don't know that it would be necessary...

@MATT,

Thanks for a great circuit! I'll have mine running soon...

Cheers,

Luther
            Electrostatic charges manipulating magneto-gravitic streams...

Comment

• First, huge thanks to Matt for sharing the circuit!! Great work

I need to order the MJL's and some resistors, so it might be a little bit before I can replicate this, and I am really looking forward to seeing some results posted on it! I did a lot of testing with this system in the last few days, but nothing very exciting to report. I am working on converting some SLA's to alum batteries, and plan on using them exclusively with this system, for both good and bad batteries.
              The first battery I converted has at least one bad cell, and still wont hold a charge. It works great in the 3BGS though, and will likely be my B3 until I find a bigger one that works just as well.
              Looking forward to seeing where all this goes, and how it progresses!

N8
              Last edited by Neight; 03-26-2012, 10:41 PM. Reason: I do have some 2n3055's laying around I could try this with, but I am still in need of the resistors.
              The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                Ok, now I think we can replace bad battery with a large capacitor, but custom made. Follow Tesla patent 567818. Just metal plates in concentrated salt solution.
                Doesn't seem to be any difference between that patent and todays Aluminum Electrolyte capacitor.

I would first suggest learning how to properly destroy the battery you have availible.

The battery I am running the system off of is a 1100 CCA battery for a catepiller tractor. It was used for 8 years and died one winter after no activity for about 6 months.
                The PH is Normal the Hydrometer does not give a reading, the battery holds about 3.5 volt standing and droips to nothing with 1 ohm resistor for a load.

The primary batts are 1500 cca Interstates tractor batteries
                I'll also tell ya I am using a Razor Scooter Motor for both the motor and generator (Coming soon).
                This is the 1 ohm 100 watt resistor but ceramic, but this is the equavalent
                I have 1/0 wire with copper connectors to everything and real short leads to the motor/generator, and all copper connectors.

The motor free wheeling runs at 1.1 amp.

Matt

Comment

• clueless

The two motors I tried when doing the 2BGS that did not work had a 2 speed
                  (low/fast) switch on them. I did splice in above the one on the still intact fan
                  but this did not help either. I just thought I should mention this after re-reading
                  your last post about the pot to control the speed of the motor. Oh yes, and
                  after checking good battery 1 after about a 12 hour rest it is sitting slightly
                  higher than when I first did that last run.

George
                  Last edited by FRC; 03-26-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• FRC,
                    Well, it's all out in the open. Now we just need a bunch of people to replicate and report in. I don't THINK Matt worried at all about balancing the loads with the setup he has, so it may work well enough that balancing is not an issue. I won't know until I get one up and running and see what it can do.

What completely baffles me is that we have such a simple setup that everybody who has tried it is getting positive results, and yet the vast majority of folks are just overlooking this. SO few people on the forum have even commented here. Either we have boatloads of lurkers, or we are being totally ignored. But it will be difficult to ignore when we have a few more working systems.

One thing Matt did say is he is using HUGE wires to connect his batteries...0 gauge if I am not mistaken, which is TWICE as thick as the #6 wire I am using for my setup. I may have to make my own by combining 2 number sixes stripped, put together, and wrapped with electrical tape.

He and I also talked about the fact that the LENGTH of the wire could make a difference and once I have a setup running I will experiment with increasing the lengths of the wire, possibly even coiling some to see if that affects output.

SO this is it guys. I think you have everything you need to build a successful setup. We should keep posting here and sharing info in case somebody comes up with something amazing to contribute.

I plan on getting Matt's schematic up and running and then seeing if I can still run large loads on Battery 3 and on the motor by balancing. I think a larger motor might produce spikes that are too high for the MJL, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Dave

Comment

• schematic please

hi guys,

Luther sent me over here, which post has the schematic you are using ?

Tom
                      http://www.teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by stonewater View Post
                        hi guys,

Luther sent me over here, which post has the schematic you are using ?

Tom
                        Its post # 447

George

Comment

• Thanks Matt for posting ur result and circuit. I can't wait to replicate, if I can find the parts , it's very hard to get transistors, resistors etc exactly having the same specs here in the Philippines

Anyways here the video uploads

the 3bat system test2 shows eratic reading behavior from my meters, this one is the burned 12 volt motor. bat1 and bat2 voltage is 11.82v, after shutting it off the meter read 11.52. but after 10 min. bat1 and bat2 recovered the gained voltage 12.05.

3bat system test2 - YouTube

3bat system test3 again shows unstable readings using digital meters if and only if I use the small 12 volt motor. its standing voltage is 12.05 now

3bat system test3 - YouTube

2Bat system test1, I've tried last night the 2 bat system, and it work wonderfully I tested it using 2 3volt motors, and the same effect happened
                          I think to make this effect happen the total voltage of bat1 and bat2 should be the same as your running motor. if bat1 and bat2 has a total of 12 volts then run it with a 12 volt motor or lesser. More CEMF is collected because the rpm is maximized using smaller motors. more CEMF is fed to the system. That's just thought though, I'm no expert just sharing

2bat system test1 - YouTube

@ Turion, the wires I'm using is I think Iron Wires, is a speaker wire I bought a long time ago, just wanted to use different materials for the conductors, I'm not using copper at the moment, I don't know if it helps but I'm just playing with the system. hoping something useful might pop and share with this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                            Ok, now I think we can replace bad battery with a large capacitor, but custom made. Follow Tesla patent 567818. Just metal plates in concentrated salt solution.
                            Dont know if this was "a winner" but I'll post for your consideration
                            Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Sanskara316

Glad to see that the 2BGS worked for you. I was afraid that it might not work
                              for other people since I was only able to get it to work with one of the three
                              motors I tried. As I said before, this would work well for just producing lighting
                              for free. It did not work that well with the halogen bulb (brightness) but if you
                              used leds or a cfl or led bulb hooked up to a jt circuit it would work great. I
                              have a 12v adapter that can be adjusted to smaller voltages, and am pretty
                              sure I could run my 1.5 fuji circuit quite well off it using a cfl or 120v led bulb
                              with it. Also a circuit from a scanner should work as well to run a CFL or led
                              bulb since some of these run on 12 volts. I did have two scanner circuits that worked
                              really well on 12 volts to light cfl's or led bulbs. Unfortunately I shorted them out
                              and ruined them. I still have a couple more old scanners that could be taken apart
                              for their circuits.

George
                              Last edited by FRC; 03-27-2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• FRC,
                                With the motors that didn't work, did you try flipping the two motor connection wires? I have found that the brush placement in some DC motors doesn't allow them to work in one direction, but does in the other. Hope that works for you as well, and it is not something about those motors, like an internal electrical component.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X