Clear All

• Originally posted by Cherryman View Post

1 liter water
    220V 50Hz
    Start temp: 8 celsius
    Time to visual heavy boiling: 65 seconds
    Ampdraw?
    You need a simple AC ammeter - very cheap on Ebay. The cheapest
    do not measure AC amps - only DC amps - no good.

Something like this would do:
    PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MULTIMETER 8 FUNCTION TESTER | eBay

Alternatively, something that plugs in the mains, provides a socket for
    your appliance, and measures the wattage of that appliance would do.

Also, the boiling point is very vague and imprecise. It might be more
    accurate to end after x seconds, stir the liquid VERY thoroughly,
    and then measure what the temperature is, hoping that it will be
    around the 70 - 80 degrees C mark.

I left a spreadsheet at www.overunityresearch.com at post 238 on
    the equivalent thread. This forum does not allow me to leave it
    here, for resonas that I do not understand.

Paul-R

Comment

• I have questions to Mr "C" about beer can polishing. Did he polished only upper part of can or the whole area ? If I try to polish all area would it be detrimental to the output (because the larger surface of electric hot electrode would be in contact with water) ? Did he also polished a ring to resonate at 400Hz or any cap on top of can as noted on schematics ?

Thanks Slovenia ! I stuck with beer can because I cannot find any craftsman willing to prepare a cap for it as I imagined and when I found one ready he wanted too much money

Comment

• Message from Mr. "C" to Boguslaw

The answer to for Boguslav

First, the whole can of beer slowly tapering days of the finest stone paper (sandpaper).

Second, the cap at the top of the cup or ring must play at 50, 100, 200, 400 Hz.

The gap between the electrodes depends on the frequency caps or rings.

Higher frequencies have a smaller gap.

Regards prof.Savić, Serbia

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
        I have questions to Mr "C" about beer can polishing. Did he polished only upper part of can or the whole area ? If I try to polish all area would it be detrimental to the output (because the larger surface of electric hot electrode would be in contact with water) ? Did he also polished a ring to resonate at 400Hz or any cap on top of can as noted on schematics ?

Comment

• Cap Query Solved

Hi Boguslaw,

Did you have an IKEA thermos to work with? If so, all you have to do is use the bottom you cut off the thermos as your cap. It is a ready made setup for you. You don't have to have anyone make it for you. What you do, is cut the bottom off the thermos as close to the bottom as possible to make your work easier with the cap. You want to cut away as much excess material as possible while you have something to hold onto namely the thermos. Once you have cut the bottom off, it is more difficult to play with the cut off end, because it is to short and small and you don't want to damage your fingers with grinding setup, while trying to grind excess metal away from bottom. Once you cut bottom off thermos, then you can cut where you need to cut on the thermos to expose the two tubes. It is easy if you know how to do it. The outside bottom of the thermos is the exact diameter of cap you want and if you cut it off properly, you don't have much more work to do with it getting it ready. Drilling a hole in the center is easy. Just draw some lines with a magic marker across the bottom from 9 o'clock to 3 & from 6 o'clock to 12 and then for good measure as a check from 7 o'clock to 1. Now use a center punch to dimple where you need to drill where all the lines cross. If you don't have a drill, then you can use a big center punch and keep punching it through the bottom till the hole is the right size for your threaded rod.

You are doing a good job. Thanks for sharing your update with us!!

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
          Thanks Slovenia ! I stuck with beer can because I cannot find any craftsman willing to prepare a cap for it as I imagined and when I found one ready he wanted too much money
          Last edited by Slovenia; 12-29-2011, 08:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Off Topic

Some of you know I have heavy equipment and used to do Highrise Demolition In NYC
            One of My Cronnies from the old days sent me this [because we did lots of Scary stuff]

Well I never did anything this Scary!!

Liebherr - YouTube

Chet
            If you want to Change the world
            BE that change !!

Comment

• Bath

So I filled up the bath

- 125 liter ( filled with measurement bucket)
              - Stirred and measured start temp: 12 Celsius. (New temp meter Elro M990)
              - Put device on bottom
              - Left it for 1 hour and 5 minutes
              - Device out
              - Some good stirring
              - End temp 23 Celsius (new temp meter Elro M990)
              - Power used 1.7 kWh ( Consumption meter)

According to formula:

................................Ltr......S-Temp.....E-Temp.........Delta-T Sec........kWh......kWh Normal.....Cop
              Test 125 liter (bath).....125.....12............23............... 3900.................1,700.....1,788............1, 05

Seems not bad, but not spectacular. Although one has to consider a large heat loss from a metal bath to it's surroundings and air.

Now, i'm going into the bath.
              Last edited by Cherryman; 12-30-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for that link, RAMSET
                Very impressive !

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                Some of you know I have heavy equipment and used to do Highrise Demolition In NYC
                One of My Cronnies from the old days sent me this [because we did lots of Scary stuff]

Well I never did anything this Scary!!

Liebherr - YouTube

Chet

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
                  So I filled up the bath

- 125 liter ( filled with measurement bucket)
                  - Stirred and measured start temp: 12 Celsius. (New temp meter Elro M990)
                  - Put device on bottom
                  - Left it for 1 hour and 5 minutes

- Device out
                  - Some good stirring
                  - End temp 23 Celsius (new temp meter Elro M990)
                  - Power used 1.7 kWh ( Consumption meter)

According to formula:

................................Ltr......S-Temp.....E-Temp.........Delta-T Sec........kWh......kWh Normal.....Cop
                  Test 125 liter (bath).....125.....12............23............... 3900.................1,700.....1,788............1, 05

Seems not bad, but not spectacular. Although one has to consider a large heat loss from a metal bath to it's surroundings and air.

Now, i'm going into the bath.
                  LOL -- good idea to jump into the warm water!

But you're right that over 1hour 5minutes, there will be a large heat loss from the large bath!

Can you put your "heater" into a plastic bucket or something, and insulate the container? (E.g., bubble-wrap).

Comment

• Here is a crude analyse of my beer can.
                    Can is not adjusted yet but here is interesting effect. Peak frequency computed by program is 52.73Hz while I see almost flat thick peak from 46 up to 53 Hz. More interesting is that peaks at 200Hz and 400Hz (well, slightly near thos values) are very sharp.

Question for Mr "C" : how should peak at 50Hz looks like ? Thick and flat or very sharp rather ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post
                      LOL -- good idea to jump into the warm water!

But you're right that over 1hour 5minutes, there will be a large heat loss from the large bath!

Can you put your "heater" into a plastic bucket or something, and insulate the container? (E.g., bubble-wrap).
                      If you imply outside the bath? Or inside the bath but partly isolated? Actually I tried that more or less. Putting it in a glass top open container and inside the filled bath. As suspected it boiled much sooner, giving the top layer of the bath water a very quick temperature rise. I tried out different debts, did some basic readings, but not long enough for power consumption, more a quick test to see major differences.

The amp draw very's a lot with temp, so does the effectivity. I guess in the long run it will deliver a sweet spot for the flow-rate of new "cold" water into the system, related to that the design, (Funnel, pipe, beker etc ) or maybe a working fluid separate from the "stuff" you want to heat.

During my bath test I got some peak wattage of over 3000

In the past few days I did some boiling observations:

- After the heating up and reaching boiling temp; So far I have seen three "different" boiling stages:

1- Normal boiling, medium sized air-bubbles coming up, taking water along and causing a little stir ( Just as you see in a cooking pan)

2- "Tiny" boiling, lots of small air bubbles coming up, creating a kind of "foam" like bubble layer, quickly dis-appearing. Top layer almost flat

3- No visible air bubbles, but large upward water movement. Almost "aggressive" the water is coming up like large "water bubbles".

I have to admit I have never studied boiling water before so it might be all normal. Just reporting things I see.

Comment

• Cherryman
                        Ever hear of a water capacitor?? [careful which parts you dip in the Tub]
                        OUCH!!
                        Last edited by RAMSET; 12-31-2011, 12:58 PM.
                        If you want to Change the world
                        BE that change !!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                          PS
                          Cherryman
                          Ever hear of a water capacitor?? [careful which parts you dip in the Tub]
                          OUCH!!
                          It is and stays scary stuff.

My protocol at the end of a test:

- Cut power switch
                          - Take socket out of wall
                          - Take connections out of socket and let them touch
                          - Touch the water

And still...

Comment

• Gordon, here's a pic of my coil wound the way you said. Red wire is going into tube, orange wire going into glass (not pictured) the other ends of the wire are hooked to 220, (110 running into each wire) I'm still not getting any reaction.

I'm not using any acid and both tube and cup are plastic. I also notice my coils are not wrapped as tight as yours, suggestions?

[IMG][/IMG]
                            Last edited by provelless; 12-31-2011, 02:35 AM. Reason: picture

Comment

• The mobius and caduceus look correctly wound...one remark ...I see the orange coil and the red coil wound in the same direction

otherwise everything else is correct...when you get the set up running...you may switch the end that is in the tube and the end in the glass...to test which end gives you results

If the wires are too thick...you may want to start with transformer copper wires just be careful not to scratch the insulation...

as you can see in the image ..with the copper wires i got them to coil around a pen several times
                              Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-31-2011, 10:51 AM.
                              Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• I thought this might interest you...

interesting coincidence from http://www.energeticforum.com/psychi...tml#post173573 ...look at the pattern design on the snake's body

Caduceus on a snake

the interesting fact is that when you make a Mobius wire one side looks like the head of a snake (two oval endings, you can see it in the right side of the last pic )) ....and the other end is a an oval ending with 2 wires coming out

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Working...
                                X