Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    Freezer,
    I do not see any need for the water glass in the mix if you can not cure it.
    I however just made one measuring the quantities, just Rochelle salts two spoons and Epsom salts 1 and 1/2 spoon and 1/50 selenium for the rectifier and calcium carbonate 1/10 spoon it holds for about 35 minutes under a power load. Then the cell goes into self protection as I stated on the earth light forum.
    This is how this mixture operates. The cell that started to produce copper sulphate is now dry and operates the same way. It took a torch on the copper to get it to cure, not a good thing to do around magnesium, but it worked. My charts are almost done but I can see that the maximum current is about 3Ma at .75 volts all day long and then recovery is debatable unless you charge it. Just some more things to think about.
    John B
    Thanks for the info. I've been using about a 2½-1 mix for the (2½)epsom to (1)rochelle salt ratio. Also used hermit crab sand from petco, which is magnesium and calcium carbonate (tiny pinch to make it dry faster, also used quartz sand). I ran out of rochelle so I will have to get some more, that stuff seems expensive for what it is. I wonder if alum could take the place of the rochelle salt. At least I can get alum at the local safeway. Been trying different doping such as galena, bithmuth, iron pyrite, and silver. I have tourmaline, and a mica rock on the way. Ebay is a pretty cheap place to get some interesting rocks, that is if they can't be found on your property.

I think 3mA @ .75 is pretty good for a dry type battery. Of course everyone seems to want to run something substantial like a motor. I think if one can make a led run for even years it is useful, better than swapping out regular batteries and throwing them away. I was thinking perhaps one could just buy a regular battery without the acid mix, and put in their own crystal mix, like you guys do with your alum mixture.
    Last edited by Freezer; 08-11-2011, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Crystal Cell Testing

In this video I show the testing of the Crystal Battery that John H released.
      The Cell was made a little different first the outer shell or case is magnesium inner electrode is oxygen free copper tube. The doping mix was Rochelle salts, Epsom Salt, Selenium. The applied voltage to set the cell was 12 volts for 3 seconds. This cell has been running for 1 and 1/2 days on a computer graph. The load being a SG oscillator circuit, The oscillator can be tuned for current. The cell started at 2 and 1/4 Ma. After one day the cell has stabilized to .765 volts at less then 1Ma. This seems to be the working range of this cell. I will be posting more on this cell as the load continues. We have made one more Cell using in the doping mix Selenium and Alum and changed the electrode to the star pattern suggested by Marcus Reid in one of his posted e-mails. More to come.
      You Tube Link
      John Bedini Testing John H Crystal Cell for power. - YouTube

One other thing I might add The Alum Mixture and the doping makes a very big difference.
      The Next thing is the temperature the crystals are cooked at makes a very big difference.
      The oven must be very well controlled and it just takes a matter of seconds to spoil the mix.
      I'm working out the exact doping right now, but the testing of the new cell in the video is holding a flat line in power. More later.
      John B
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Crystal Starr Cell John Bedini

This a test of the new star cell this one is made a little different The housing is Anode Magnesium The Star Electrode is sheet copper.
        The mix is Rochelle Salts 3 table spoons Epsom Salts and 1/2 table spoon. Doping is Selenium Alum ground from grown crystal. This cell is under power test.
        Here is the link
        Star Cell John Bedini Test under load - YouTube
        More on this cell later
        John
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Star Cell Day Two

In this video I show the new developed Star Cell. this has been running under load for two days now locked up in the shop. I did figure out what the is using for energy and that is the ambient infrared energy that surrounds us all. The reason I say this is because of the doping, it acts more like a solar cell without light waves. This cell was very different to build as the doping for the cell was a mixture of Selenium and Alum heated and then crystallized and added to the final mixture, not easy to work with. The mixture I already gave in posts. This cell now is just climbing and so is the current. This is what a free energy battery should look like. The mixture that John H gave will get you to the basics so I give him credit for posting that. It takes allot of thinking to get past it and developed a cell like this. I was happy to share this all with the group.
          here is the link
          Star Cell Day 2 - YouTube
          John Bedini
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Enjoying these videos and developments

I know there are different infra-red frequencies within the spectrum, but would a Lab spec infra-red frequency emitter (if they exist) show resonances ?
            I originally wrote to try TV remote controls fired at a cell, but, *cough* that's probably what I would do
            Last edited by Slider2732; 08-14-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Progress

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
              In this video I show the new developed Star Cell. this has been running under load for two days now locked up in the shop. I did figure out what the is using for energy and that is the ambient infrared energy that surrounds us all. The reason I say this is because of the doping, it acts more like a solar cell without light waves. This cell was very different to build as the doping for the cell was a mixture of Selenium and Alum heated and then crystallized and added to the final mixture, not easy to work with. The mixture I already gave in posts. This cell now is just climbing and so is the current. This is what a free energy battery should look like. The mixture that John H gave will get you to the basics so I give him credit for posting that. It takes allot of thinking to get past it and developed a cell like this. I was happy to share this all with the group.
              here is the link
              Star Cell Day 2 - YouTube
              John Bedini
              Hey John B,

Thanks for keeping us updated with the clips, I'm playing around with
              growing crystals for to test different doping variables.
              Not sure on the ratio of iron pyrite to crystal, so have gone with 1:1, 1:2
              and 2:1.

Regards
              Zero

Comment

Hutchison cell version 2 is still powering the LED nice and bright in the garage. I check the milliamps at irregular times throughout the day, and its been holding above 2.5 mA (under load) for longer than 24 hours. This has really impressed me and if it continues to hold above this level for longer than a week Im certainly going to buy a much bigger bag of Rochelle salts and get some other variations going.

@ John.

Thats a nice looking star cell! Thanks for the clear computer graphics showing how this cell can continue hold its output for so long. Im looking forward to your next battery installment

Comment

Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
                  I originally wrote to try TV remote controls fired at a cell, but, *cough* that's probably what I would do

Not a bad idea......gimme a few minutes....

OK - no results when rampantly firing the remote at the cell. But my multimetre cost me three pounds and is not to be trusted
                  Last edited by seth; 08-15-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Crystal day 4 John Bedini

The Crystal Star Cell.
                    In this video I'm showing that when the cell is constructed correctly along with the doping the cell just gains energy. However do not look for big currents as the impedance is very high.
                    The cell uses the ambient energy mostly from the infrared range. I also noticed that as the sun changes it's activity the cell corresponds with it. As the temperature changes so does the cell, but the current the cell produces stays very close to the same which makes this cell ideal for a power oscillator driven light. The mixture is somewhat difficult to make as it must be precise in the heating of the mixture. The Cell that John Hutchison has shown how to make on You-Tube will get you into the ball park, but you must do allot of work after that. You must give credit where it is due that is to John H for making all this possible. The cell does as he clams but I do disagree with the energy that it is collecting.
                    John Bedini
                    The Link Is Here.
                    Star Cell 3 John Bedini Day 4 - YouTube
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Thanks for the updates john. Just had a question, are you sure the mccormick brand is not potassium bitartrate? I did read that they warn not to use other cream of tartars because it doesn't work.

I find it interesting that the old egyptian battery had traces of grape juice type electrolyte found in it.. I read that the potassium bitartrate is a biproduct of wine making. Maybe a coincidence..

Comment

@John - You mention pressure changes in the video and we hear music playing in the background. At risk of sounding odd again, could there be a piezo-electric effect within the crystal structures that could be enhanced ?
                        My thoughts being, that vibrations of music are all the way through the ranges of sound and pressure waves. Some of those waves may naturally oscillate the crystal structures and improve the performance of a cell ?
                        People talk to plants and play music at them...people relax with music or may dance to it, depending on energy level and how it makes them feel.
                        Further to that, perhaps a white/pink noise generator could be the operating oscillator circuit and the speaker vibrations would pass directly into a cell. One thing I do know, is about your history regarding fine grade audio amplifiers and audio application circuits, so an audio generator running from the actual cell may be feasible !

@Seth - hows about sticking a cell next to a hi-fi speaker ? and thanks for trying the other idea.

For fun, because of taking note about required ingredients and no real experience in this, I built up a silly battery. The idea was to make a bad one and improve from that known point, but mix in the concrete type cell idea that I hadn't tried either.
                        As people like John and Seth continue their work, i'd like to get better at the actual construction and mixing, while following along.
                        After the pleasant surprise shown in the video below, the cell has now dried out over the last 2 days, to about 20% of the small water content that was used to mix the ingredients. It now merely flickers the Joule Thief test circuit. But, it wasn't awful when first made.
                        About 0.9V @ 9mA, now down to about 0.45V @ 2mA. One thing noted - it has been much better with no load, sinking heavily with a load.
                        Included in the melting pot:
                        Half a dozen copper pennies that sit on a beer bottle cap for insulation
                        Coke can, sanded inside
                        Mortar - 2 tablespoons
                        Teaspoon of Iodized salt
                        Teaspoon of baking soda
                        Several shakes of a table salt dispenser
                        1/2 teaspoon of onion powder (for the heck of it)
                        All done with more similarity to the Swedish Chef on Sesame Street, than John Hutchison.

Hybrid battery cell - YouTube

Comment

@slider, following up on your idea of infra red, i would suggest a laser pointer instead

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

I'll give that a shot, as it were..got a couple of those

I'm fired up now for an actual replication. Because, as an update to the silly battery, it at least works as a good capacitor.
                            I put 12V to it from a wall adapter for a couple of seconds and it then runs the Joule Thief for a while afterward

Hybrid battery cell - update - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                              @slider, following up on your idea of infra red, i would suggest a laser pointer instead

I have a 1w 445nm, and a 65mW 532nm laser, but those infrared lasers are quite dangerous. I did hit the rochelle crystal with the 445 and got a slight dc voltage. It's interesting that the crystal does not heat up or burn with the 1 watt laser. The green laser is actually a ir laser that shines through a crystal to produce 532nm, although I don't think you want to ruin a nice 532. Ir lasers are pretty cheap although dangerous. My 445 can cause permanent blindness just from a reflection in less time it takes to blink your eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Freezer View Post
                                I have a 1w 445nm, and a 65mW 532nm laser, but those infrared lasers are quite dangerous. I did hit the rochelle crystal with the 445 and got a slight dc voltage. It's interesting that the crystal does not heat up or burn with the 1 watt laser. The green laser is actually a ir laser that shines through a crystal to produce 532nm, although I don't think you want to ruin a nice 532. Ir lasers are pretty cheap although dangerous. My 445 can cause permanent blindness just from a reflection in less time it takes to blink your eye.
                                first of, caution is always a prime directive in experimenting , my thought is to also try shining the laser while it crystallizes...
                                Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Working...
                                X