Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma ignition

Originally posted by turbotrana View Post
    I was hoping that I was doing something wrong as I really wanted to see some benefits.

But my observation is much the same as David Vizard who has written alot about engines and tuning

From an article written by David Vizard on GoFastNews.com,

""To burn the charge of air and fuel as effectively as possible means delivering as much energy to the plug as possible up to the point of overkill. The question here is what is totally sufficient and where does overkill start? I have done a lot of ignition testing in my time and in almost every instance it seems that a bigger, fatter more aggressive spark produces better ignition. Sure I have come across some notable exceptions here. Two that come to mind are the ‘A’ Series Mini engine that powered the original Mini Cooper and the big block Chevy with a certain type of factory head (casting number escapes me for the moment but if you are into real high performance you are unlikely to use them). In both these instances I found that at first the combustion got better as the spark got better but after a point not that far up the scale in terms of spark technology and delivery all gains topped out. On the Mini engine it seemed that once we had a good strong spark that even lightening bolts would show no improvement. On the particular engine involved we went all the way to about 21/1 fuel air ratio’s before any sign of a lean misfire was experienced. But that’s not the norm it would seem – especially for the modern multi valve engines with limited mixture motion and a centrally located spark plug. ""

I am sure you had positive results with the lawnmower as the spark was probably weak to start off with. But it seems that the modern automotive inductive ignition system can produce sufficient spark.

Maybe the plasma will excell in other areas in the top end RPM. I wish I was wrong but my experience (25yrs) building and tuning engines, indicates I am probably not.
    Turbotrana,

Please contact the company you got the plasma ignition from.

You are obviously more advanced than the average tinkerer. You should
    have no problems getting the most out of your plasma ignition - again,
    please contact the company you got it from.

What that article you post quotes is only relevant to conventional spark
    ignition methods. You can of course increase a conventional spark with
    peaking caps, CDI, or MSD, etc... and various plug modifications, but the
    results will always be limited. But there is credit to enhancing the
    conventional ignition - you quote: "we went all the way to about 21/1 fuel air ratio’s before any sign of a lean misfire was experienced"

21:1 is AMAZING and most conventional thinking "experts" on car ignition
    and engine would say that 21:1 is impossible without destroying the engine.
    If anyone can get 21:1 WITHOUT any signs of lean misfiring - that in
    and of itself is a tremendous testimony that what is in the books is a bunch
    of you know what - assuming that what is claimed by that person is true.

With a lawnmower, I can only imagine what you mean that the spark is
    weak to start with. Yes, maybe, but no matter what, if there is enhanced
    performance by increasing a spark, that instantly overrides 99% of all
    the skeptics arguments that when you have an air fuel mixture and you
    ignite it with a regular spark that no more spark can make a difference.
    But of course those that actually do the research know that those claims
    are only from those that are completely and blatantly ignorant about
    anything they think they are skeptical of.

Just look at the market for CDI's and MSD's - it is indisputable they make
    a difference. Some of the MSD's are up to 400+mj per discharge range and
    those are made for dragsters and anyone telling those racing teams that
    most of their ignition energy is simply a waste of energy, time and money
    would simply result in them outright laughing at anyone that believed
    anything different. They know that the more energy they pump into
    the ignition no matter how conventional the spark is, even though it is
    an enhanced MSD or CDI "spark", it does make a difference in winning or
    losing.

I will post references that discuss some of the benefits from the plasma
    ignition - the simple results of extending the lean burn limit with plasma
    is in my opinion "all-telling" any those that do not get that are not
    really taking the time to fully comprehend the profound implications of the
    plasma ignition.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Burdon of proof...

turbotrana,

With all due respect, you're making some pretty bold claims here ol' mate!

I trust you have some form of certified/verifiable documentary evidence to support your stance?

You're already aware, http://www.energeticforum.com/138503-post2.html, that the NSW RTA/EPA hierarchy, upon careful review of the data gathered from the extensive tests which were conducted at their very own testing facility back in 2010, have happily signed affirmations which guarantee the veracity of those positive findings.

Now here you are, boldly dismissing the entire field as a bust, based solely upon your own apparently negative result. That, Sir, is bloody cheeky!

Your claims here, now appear to go some way toward calling into question those positive findings from 2010.

Those findings, heretofore certified as "VALID" by the suitably qualified scientific types at NSW RTA/EPA, who just so happen to be a collective of the highest authorities in their respective fields in this country, are now, as a result of your single negative conclusion, drawn into question as per their earlier positive findings.

Mate, that's the ballsiest call I've ever heard of.

I trust that you conducted your own tests at the NSW RTA/EPA testing facility as I advised you to?

If you didn't, then how can you now claim to have solid enough evidence to dismiss the entire field?

If you did, and if you do in fact have negative test results which in turn do call into question the 2010 findings, then I'd very much like to see this proof.

I propose, that if you're prepared to publish a copy of your certified/verifiable data here on this forum, which in turn shows your claimed negative result, then I hereby agree to do likewise, and will in turn publish a copy of the positive test results.

If we do it that way, then we can all freely look through the data for ourselves, to see exactly where the differences are, and who knows, maybe we can then point out where you went wrong, scientifically!!!.

It simply won't do for you to declare a negative test result based on experiences gleened from a 25 year career in the automotive field. Sorry to say this, but that's just not good enough.

Self recommendation simply does not qualify anyone in this area of physics I'm afraid, only scientifically obtained data/results can do that.

I eagerly await your response...

Comment

Aaron. 21:1 is pretty good lean burn but I dont think it has much to do with ignition. I think its got more to do with port air speed, chamber/piston design, fuel mixture to name a few. In that article he is not referring to the ignition allowing him to get these lean ratios.

The unit I purchased is performing as intended. Its eating away at the spark plugs in a short time which makes me doubly sure.

Rosco1. I started a thread about a research paper that indicated some benefit with plasma ignition. It actually swayed me to buy a plasma unit even thought the claims they made were not that great.

I am not worried about the claims the research paper has made. I am sure the slight emissions benefits are there.

Is this the paper you are refering to in my thread

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-ignition.html

I am worried about other claims of major improvements in fuel economy and lean burn limit to name a couple which clearly are not there.

I invite ANYONE who has a programable engine management system, lambda meter and tuning abilities who has installed one of these plasma boxes to explain what they have been able to get out of this plasma spark. I have been searching all over the net for the last year but cant find anyone without a conflict of interest to voice their results. I have no conflict of interest at all and am here to provide my real world results.

My observation testing of the lean burn limit is quite simple. I just need to turn the box on and off to see whether it provides any benefits. If I tune it lean to give me a slight stumble then switch the plasma box on and off to see whether I observe a difference in running, that is as scientific as its gonna get. How would you test the lean burn limit.

Fuel economy testing is something that needs to be done with more observation for sure, but from the calculations I have done and have been doing for the last 10 years driving over the same route in the same car with similar driving style, I cant see any gains. Just the same old figures I usually get.

I have yet to do dyno testing which is one which will give definative results as you just turn the box on and off. Simple. And I am yet to dismiss claims for topend power which I still hope may yield a few hp.

So these are my observations. Not scientific results. But where are the scientific results of the claims of major improvements in fuel economy/lean burn limit with a plasma spark.

Its the people who are making claims about this plasma ignition that need to provide the scientific results, but I think most are just observations.
        Last edited by turbotrana; 05-28-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Ok...

Might be best if you PM me.

Comment

plasma ignition

Turbotrana,

Yes, they will eat normal plugs.

Use the brisk yttrium non-resistor a-line plugs with the 3 electrodes.
            They seem to be holding up better than anything and are estimated
            to last 20,000 miles with the plasma ignition.

They are the best off the shelf plug you can get for plasma that we
            know of.

The company you bought the ignition module from posted dyno results
            in a video - did you not see that or do you simply not believe it since
            it is put out by the company?

I personally make no specific mileage claims for one simple reason. I can't
            guarantee what other people will do, period.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Thanks for the plug advice.

I have seen all those dyno videos. Yes I want to believe those videos. I am not here to dis this product. I followed the development of the plasma ignition module from the very start when that old bloke made a unit in the back of his VW. I have full respect for all that were involved in the electronics side of its development. I wish I had some of this electronics expertise.

I dont have the electronic expertise but I do have the expertise and equipment to evaluate this product in the real world, in an actual working vehicle.

So I have made my point. I hope to put it on a dyno some time down the track and will post the results.

I hope that more can post up their real world results.

THanks for the conversation. I will not be posting on this thread for a while until I have more results of my observations to offer.

Regards

Comment

Or don't....

Originally posted by rosco1 View Post
                Might be best if you PM me.
                Not PM'ing me is also good too!

Comment

Aaron - i see u didn't even reply to my pm. I didn't read your books and i never will because i know your main interest is to make money here.
                  Truly conscious an wise man do not sell their knowledge, they share it.
                  All the information u offer can be found for free on so many torrents. ur not an inventor ur just another money-maker.

Comment

silverspider

Originally posted by silverspider View Post
                    Aaron - i see u didn't even reply to my pm. I didn't read your books and i never will because i know your main interest is to make money here.
                    Truly conscious an wise man do not sell their knowledge, they share it.
                    All the information u offer can be found for free on so many torrents. ur not an inventor ur just another money-maker.
                    Am I supposed to respond to this - your private message asking me to
                    give it to you for free when other people pay for it? And you say thank
                    you for that?

Why should I waste my time responding to such a disrespectful message?
                    Besides, even if it was worth responding to, it is the weekend and I
                    have no obligation to go out of my way to respond to such a message -
                    my time is my own.

Here is your message to me since you want to bring the discussion
                    public:

"i would like to read your books but i dont have money to buy them. Is there any chance to get them 4 free, in electronic format, from you?Thank you!" - silverspider

Maybe you can show some respect to everyone that does see value in
                    other people's time to assemble something for their use in an easy manner
                    instead of them having to spend all the time it takes to research it.

If this is your level of mentality, you need to find something else to do
                    because you simply are not suited for this field.

By giving it to you for free, it would be a disservice to those that did
                    see the value in investing a small amount of money to get the package
                    and you are directly disrespecting everyone that ever bought it asking
                    to get it for free.

If you know how to read English, I state on my website at
                    Ignition Secrets by Aaron Murakami | Plasma Ignition very explicitly:

"Open source means I did openly share my method once before and you're free to spend the countless hours it will take you to learn it by pouring through thousands of discussions figuring out what to do.

If you do, you'll then be spending countless hours and dollars building power supplies to power the ignition coil, charging capacitors, tracking down parts, blowing components, figuring out which ones to buy next, shocking yourself, what kind of materials are best for the spark plug and you name it.

How much is your time worth?"

Who do you think you are fooling? So, since you want to disrespect

everyone that ever purchased it as well as myself, go spend the time
                    to look it up yourself and don't ask for my help and don't ask for my package
                    for free. I owe you absolutely nothing and I already gave my method for
                    free - unfortunately, one particular thief claimed my method was his own
                    and applied for a patent - perhaps a good friend of yours?

And if this is all in the torrents, then you too are stealing it too.

By the way, as I mentioned above, my method I show in my package is
                    MY INVENTION and I don't have to explain anything to you or anyone
                    that expects a giveaway - you're simply too lazy to do the research
                    yourself - so go bother someone else. I am the first to share my particular
                    method and if you don't like it - too bad, go beg someone else for free
                    stuff. According to you, I must be very conscious and wise since I already
                    gave it away for free before before you came around here bothering and
                    insulting people.
                    Sincerely,
                    Aaron Murakami

Comment

My intention was to see if you were willing to share it for free clearly. I am not lazy and i don't expect 4 someone to give me his invention to change my life, i expect 4 someone who has something that cold ease pore peoples life to give it for free to all not just to one person, not to me.Isn't this the whole purpose of this community, to share? I am confused, really confused, why would someone expect something in return by doing a common good. I know Tesla died a poor man and he changed our world, was his thoughts for humanity wrong? My respect for him could not be put in words and i expect any wise man do the same.
                      I know my opinion offended you but this is my opinion. I just wish we could live in peace in a better world without greed without money, all working together for common good not personal interest.

Comment

Aaron- "And if this is all in the torrents, then you too are stealing it too."

Yes i am stealing it and share it with all who need it. This is what i will do all my life. The problem is that there is to much lies and misinformation out there and need to be filtered somehow, this is what i'm doing now.U claim that you invented something, right? But from where do you have all the knowledge who lead you to your invention? Most of it comes from Tesla who give it for free to the whole world. Think about that ... If i will ever discover something (invent) i will give it for free and if someone would want to give something in return it would give a donation. But this is how i think and i know there are people out there who think the same. Yes i know i have to invent something and then speak wise words, i know... my time will come. This is my last post, i dont care what you say or what you do next. I must focus on my work.

Comment

You know about the spark plugs crapping out so soon, I was thinking back to learning about old British cars, and how they used swapped polarity on the car body. I also heard that they didn't rust like other cars either. Doing a search I came upon a pdf which shows the basic schematic of it here.

Apparently hooking up the system this way requires 10 percent less energy to create the spark. I think this could also mean the life of the spark plug greatly increased. But would it eat the normally negative electrode of the spark plug a lot sooner? Only tests would be able to prove that. Of course things like the alternator and starter will be 'fun' to try to re-wire (or simply insulate the connection to the engine block?) but it would be best to start with a lawnmower engine to first prove the concept. One other benefit would be to avoid the resistor on the initial spark completely negating the need for special resistorless spark plugs.

I've also been researching the pogue carburetor (200mpg) and wanting to reproduce that have come to the conclusion that it would be too difficult and additives in gasoline make it very difficult.

Here comes plasma ignition. My guess is that the plasma ball literally 'cracks' the gasoline into its simpler components and autoignites it at the same time. So you create natural gas and ignite it all in the same instance, so it would be possible to run timing very close to TDC. It would also be a good idea to have the injector spray the tiny bit of fuel right through the spark gap and have the spark fire at the same time to ensure complete burn.

Now onto ozone. Apparently it's being tested on the intake of vehicles for increased mileage? (have to scroll down the link a bit) I wonder how it would affect a car running on water using the plasma spark setup (hint hint).

I don't consider myself rich by any means, and it's never easy trying to buy components to do testing with having a family. That being said, I want to buy Aaron's book and start building. I hope it contains information on how I can readily convert a car with minimal components and cash requirements. Maybe then I can save enough money in fuel costs to start ramping up testing

Comment

Tesla was a brilliant scientist but a terrible business man. If he was smarter in business, he would have had money to do A LOT more and to give more to the world. He spent his later years too broke to really do much more than grovel for money. Not much time spent making his dreams come true.

Tesla wasn't a saint either. He had lots of human errors and even feel in love with a bird the way a man falls in love with a woman.

He also did NOT give it all freely. Ever hear of Tesla's most important work? His dynamic theory of gravity? No, of course not because he held on to this idea till his death and did NOT give it out freely though he had the theory in mostly complete form for almost 50 years. The government got it and are using it against the people. So forget this idea of Tesla being some all giving being. He hoarded knowledge that were the most important to him and gave out those he no longer really needed.

I'm all for full disclosure but I also think besides being smart scientists, we need to be smart business people also. Make it all available to the public but let them give you money for it.

It's a nice idea to live giving all for free mentality but try paying the bills with it or having any money to do further research.

What kind of mentality steals from others work? Karma is real and it hurts when it comes around.

Originally posted by silverspider View Post
                            Aaron- "And if this is all in the torrents, then you too are stealing it too."

Yes i am stealing it and share it with all who need it. This is what i will do all my life. The problem is that there is to much lies and misinformation out there and need to be filtered somehow, this is what i'm doing now.U claim that you invented something, right? But from where do you have all the knowledge who lead you to your invention? Most of it comes from Tesla who give it for free to the whole world. Think about that ... If i will ever discover something (invent) i will give it for free and if someone would want to give something in return it would give a donation. But this is how i think and i know there are people out there who think the same. Yes i know i have to invent something and then speak wise words, i know... my time will come. This is my last post, i dont care what you say or what you do next. I must focus on my work.

Comment

Yawn...

Originally posted by turbotrana View Post
                              Thanks for the plug advice.

I have seen all those dyno videos. Yes I want to believe those videos. I am not here to dis this product. I followed the development of the plasma ignition module from the very start when that old bloke made a unit in the back of his VW. I have full respect for all that were involved in the electronics side of its development. I wish I had some of this electronics expertise.

I dont have the electronic expertise but I do have the expertise and equipment to evaluate this product in the real world, in an actual working vehicle.

So I have made my point. I hope to put it on a dyno some time down the track and will post the results.

I hope that more can post up their real world results.

THanks for the conversation. I will not be posting on this thread for a while until I have more results of my observations to offer.

Regards
                              Yawn.......

Comment

Time

Having been here for a bit. And reading hours and hours of posts, looking at hours of video, I can tell you, that someone who has taken the time to condense the information down and place it in one spot, makes things much easier!

Just My H O - Wiz

Comment

Working...
                                X