X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andriywovk
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan14 View Post

I can do pictures of machine, with dimension of crucial part.
    Are you from Ukraine,as you have name same as Ukrainian chess player?
    Yes, I'm Ukrainian, but not a famous chess player at all. Why else would I be cracking polymers? I would be very grateful to you for the pictures. Where are you from?
    Last edited by andriywovk; 08-21-2021, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan14
    replied
    Originally posted by andriywovk View Post

Have you some photos or blueprints? And maybe some video of the process?
    I can do pictures of machine, with dimension of crucial part.
    Are you from Ukraine,as you have name same as Ukrainian chess player?

Leave a comment:

• andriywovk
    replied

Huge blades and huge motor, it rotate around 950rpm and engine is 7.5Kw and that is some minimum, the 3 blades are arranged on triangle massive (10mm) support that is welded on axle, the diameter between blades is 34cm and 68cm length.
    Have you some photos or blueprints? And maybe some video of the process?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan14
    replied
    Originally posted by wrtner View Post

...being, if I am right - How do you feed the chipped plastic into the oven without letting air (and O2) in?

Could you feed into that area some regular town gas and a continuous spark ignition arrangement to burn the O2 off? I expect a little O2 getting in wouldn't matter too much. It would char the plastic a bit and end up as carbon-like residue. There might be another similar but better reaction.

You could have a cylinder of CO2 and drench the area but that would be a poor solution .
    The conveyor construction is on standby till other more important thing are in process of testing, previous time I spent in organizing the network for collecting plastic. At this moment I collect wonted amount of plastic and most of them is grind, the grinding machine work perfectly soon will start test on full scale after that with help of God it will star to work with full power.,What I know about conveyor is that in some patent they made plastic paste preheating the plastic in conveyer but looking on YT they all go straight without preheating.

Leave a comment:

• wrtner
    replied

I will report results, meanwhile it would nice if someone have some of the answer n my previous question.
    ...being, if I am right - How do you feed the chipped plastic into the oven without letting air (and O2) in?

Could you feed into that area some regular town gas and a continuous spark ignition arrangement to burn the O2 off? I expect a little O2 getting in wouldn't matter too much. It would char the plastic a bit and end up as carbon-like residue. There might be another similar but better reaction.

You could have a cylinder of CO2 and drench the area but that would be a poor solution .
    Last edited by wrtner; 06-22-2021, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan14
    replied
    Originally posted by andriywovk View Post

What kind of grinding machine have you? It's a really difficult problem for me to grind plastic.
    Huge blades and huge motor, it rotate around 950rpm and engine is 7.5Kw and that is some minimum, the 3 blades are arranged on triangle massive (10mm) support that is welded on axle, the diameter between blades is 34cm and 68cm length.

Leave a comment:

• andriywovk
    replied

I done test on my plastic grinding machine it work great.
    What kind of grinding machine have you? It's a really difficult problem for me to grind plastic.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan14
    replied
    Do you think your equipment could be built into a vehicle with a view to touring around local authorities recycling depots and converting their collected plastics?
    We do not have recycling depots, so it is easy to organize own network.
    I done test on my plastic grinding machine it work great, the only surprise was PEHD plastic (mostly plastic canisters) it does not granulate but shredding in bigger pieces, the granulate holes are 11mm but PEHD are in average 5o.. with 20mm.
    Plastic HDPE is perfect much easier for process while PEHD is done by pure force and strength of the machine, soon I will fill my machine and start baking the oil, in this round the main goal is to force reflux tower to work on 370C degree.
    I will report results, meanwhile it would nice if someone have some of the answer n my previous question.

Leave a comment:

• wrtner
    replied
    Do you think your equipment could be built into a vehicle with a view to touring around local authorities recycling depots and converting their collected plastics?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan14
    replied
    I'm finishing the plastic grinder, the machining of some parts take more time then I predict, the choice non standard knife alignment it should be much more effective then average machine seen in YT commercial, it took more time for construction but it will be worth.
    HDPE is my main target plastic for this machine everything is adjusted for her, in next run al wax produced and separated by cyclone will be return in reactor at the the pic of the temperature so it could be graded in smaller chains of carbon.
    I reassemble the reactor,cyclone and everything looks good and smell on diesel ))) now after next run I will see do I need to heat with open flame the reflex tower or the exhaust fumes are enough.
    Right now I'm in process of constructing screw conveyor in someone have some material about screw conveyor in oil industry I would be grateful and after building I would share details of working machine to all members. My biggest concern is oxygen as only plastic in conveyor stop him to entering in reactor, any book or publication would be from great help.

Leave a comment:

• wrtner
    replied
    ...and of course, it would be interesting to see if youor equipment copuld be mounted in a vehicle and tour from local authority to local authority being paid to convert their plastic.

Leave a comment:

• wrtner
    replied
    You're doing great work, Jordan. There are others in this field, of course. It would be interesting if you could work on that type of plastic which is most difficult to process, apparently, plastic which has been recycled several times. The virgin plastic is the easiest, plastic which has been created directly from oil.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan14
    replied
    Greetings to all who fallow the tread!
    I'm in process of assembling the plastic grinder so till next test it will pass some time.
    I wonder does someone have pictures of reflux tower from inside, it is impossible to find some picture on internet.
    Last edited by Jordan14; 12-03-2020, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan14
    replied
    "...what it looks like when it has gone through its heat treatment"

It would be useful to visit your local plastic recycling depot and ask them for sample plastic of the plastic that they can not recycle. If you can process this plastic, then they might pay you to take it away.

Also, you could visit your local hospital and ask for a quantity of their PPE which they throw away. If you can process this, they may do the same.(Obviously, be very careful. but the virus does not last longer than a few days).

The third idea to to attempt to get a sample of the plastic that washes up in the oceans. "Greenpeace" or the embassy of a country which is troubled (e.g. Indonesia) may provide you with a sample. If you can process this, then you will become very popular and may be able to teach them how to do it and be paid well.
    I can pay plastic per kilo from street collectors, messing with states institution means only problems...

You bake the plastic. Then what does the fluid look like? Black and like tar?
    It is one stage machine after plastic is cracked (baked) under the 430c degree (it is in gas stage) goes right in to a reflux tower for additional cracking, between reflux tower and reactor is cyclone that collect wax and impurity,

Leave a comment:

• wrtner
    replied
    "...what it looks like when it has gone through its heat treatment"

You bake the plastic. Then what does the fluid look like? Black and like tar?

It would be useful to visit your local plastic recycling depot and ask them for sample plastic of the plastic that they can not recycle. If you can process this plastic, then they might pay you to take it away.

Also, you could visit your local hospital and ask for a quantity of their PPE which they throw away. If you can process this, they may do the same.(Obviously, be very careful. but the virus does not last longer than a few days).

The third idea to to attempt to get a sample of the plastic that washes up in the oceans. "Greenpeace" or the embassy of a country which is troubled (e.g. Indonesia) may provide you with a sample. If you can process this, then you will become very popular and may be able to teach them how to do it and be paid well.
    Last edited by wrtner; 11-23-2020, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X