No announcement yet.

How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm finishing the plastic grinder, the machining of some parts take more time then I predict, the choice non standard knife alignment it should be much more effective then average machine seen in YT commercial, it took more time for construction but it will be worth.
    HDPE is my main target plastic for this machine everything is adjusted for her, in next run al wax produced and separated by cyclone will be return in reactor at the the pic of the temperature so it could be graded in smaller chains of carbon.
    I reassemble the reactor,cyclone and everything looks good and smell on diesel ))) now after next run I will see do I need to heat with open flame the reflex tower or the exhaust fumes are enough.
    Right now I'm in process of constructing screw conveyor in someone have some material about screw conveyor in oil industry I would be grateful and after building I would share details of working machine to all members. My biggest concern is oxygen as only plastic in conveyor stop him to entering in reactor, any book or publication would be from great help.

Comment

• Do you think your equipment could be built into a vehicle with a view to touring around local authorities recycling depots and converting their collected plastics?

Comment

• Originally posted by wrtner View Post
        Do you think your equipment could be built into a vehicle with a view to touring around local authorities recycling depots and converting their collected plastics?
        We do not have recycling depots, so it is easy to organize own network.
        I done test on my plastic grinding machine it work great, the only surprise was PEHD plastic (mostly plastic canisters) it does not granulate but shredding in bigger pieces, the granulate holes are 11mm but PEHD are in average 5o.. with 20mm.
        Plastic HDPE is perfect much easier for process while PEHD is done by pure force and strength of the machine, soon I will fill my machine and start baking the oil, in this round the main goal is to force reflux tower to work on 370C degree.
        I will report results, meanwhile it would nice if someone have some of the answer n my previous question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan14 View Post

I done test on my plastic grinding machine it work great.
          What kind of grinding machine have you? It's a really difficult problem for me to grind plastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by andriywovk View Post

What kind of grinding machine have you? It's a really difficult problem for me to grind plastic.
            Huge blades and huge motor, it rotate around 950rpm and engine is 7.5Kw and that is some minimum, the 3 blades are arranged on triangle massive (10mm) support that is welded on axle, the diameter between blades is 34cm and 68cm length.

Comment

I will report results, meanwhile it would nice if someone have some of the answer n my previous question.
              ...being, if I am right - How do you feed the chipped plastic into the oven without letting air (and O2) in?

Could you feed into that area some regular town gas and a continuous spark ignition arrangement to burn the O2 off? I expect a little O2 getting in wouldn't matter too much. It would char the plastic a bit and end up as carbon-like residue. There might be another similar but better reaction.

You could have a cylinder of CO2 and drench the area but that would be a poor solution .
              Last edited by wrtner; 06-22-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrtner View Post

...being, if I am right - How do you feed the chipped plastic into the oven without letting air (and O2) in?

Could you feed into that area some regular town gas and a continuous spark ignition arrangement to burn the O2 off? I expect a little O2 getting in wouldn't matter too much. It would char the plastic a bit and end up as carbon-like residue. There might be another similar but better reaction.

You could have a cylinder of CO2 and drench the area but that would be a poor solution .
                The conveyor construction is on standby till other more important thing are in process of testing, previous time I spent in organizing the network for collecting plastic. At this moment I collect wonted amount of plastic and most of them is grind, the grinding machine work perfectly soon will start test on full scale after that with help of God it will star to work with full power.,What I know about conveyor is that in some patent they made plastic paste preheating the plastic in conveyer but looking on YT they all go straight without preheating.

Comment

Huge blades and huge motor, it rotate around 950rpm and engine is 7.5Kw and that is some minimum, the 3 blades are arranged on triangle massive (10mm) support that is welded on axle, the diameter between blades is 34cm and 68cm length.
                  Have you some photos or blueprints? And maybe some video of the process?

Comment

Have you some photos or blueprints? And maybe some video of the process?
                    I can do pictures of machine, with dimension of crucial part.
                    Are you from Ukraine,as you have name same as Ukrainian chess player?

Comment

I can do pictures of machine, with dimension of crucial part.
                      Are you from Ukraine,as you have name same as Ukrainian chess player?
                      Yes, I'm Ukrainian, but not a famous chess player at all. Why else would I be cracking polymers? I would be very grateful to you for the pictures. Where are you from?
                      Last edited by andriywovk; 08-21-2021, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Plastic HDPE is perfect much easier for process while PEHD is done by pure force and strength of the machine, soon I will fill my machine and start baking the oil, in this round the main goal is to force reflux tower to work on 370C degree.
                        In my understanding, 370C degree is too much for PE. Maybe you have some catalyst in the reflux tower? Otherwise most of your product will be wax, but not diesel or gasoline.

Comment

Yes, I'm Ukrainiam, but not a famous chess player at all. Why else would I be cracking polymers? I would be very grateful to you for the pictures. Where are you from?
                          Then I maybe could win in chess party with you, I will sent you pictures in private message in next coming days I will be in workshop.From where I am on that question I will answer you in pp as do not want to compromise my self i would be forced to stop with writing.

In my understanding, 370C degree is too much for PE. Maybe you have some catalyst in the reflux tower? Otherwise most of your product will be wax, but not diesel or gasoline.
                          It is not a lot of temperature for PE it is problem if is over 370C degree in reflux tower as the plastic already have broken chains and it would degrade further, the 370C is optimum temperature for reflux tower to broke as much as possible the big chains of C. Yes in reflux tower is catalyst but it is not enough to get rid of wax you must to have a Cyclone and from cyclone wax collector it will go straight to reactor to broke wax in smaller chains of C.

Comment

• Hi to all
                            I just finished with cracking plastic, tomorrow I will show results in picture and numbers.

Comment

• Hello!
                              I done measuring and results are on 75C degree weight of Diesel is 740 grams on 100c degree is was 770C.
                              The plastic was mostly PP 80%^ and the rest HDPE the reactor was running on 355C this is consequence that my chimney was small and kiln was full of smoke so the flame could not rise, this will be solve till next test, even with this temperature it should be more then enough to crack the PP plastic the odd thing was that there was no wax at all.
                              The reflux tower with catalyst was working on 210C just as it needed. For catalyst I used zeolite.
                              The machine have two condenser and the final one was working most of the time at 100C so it should yield a heavy fraction of diesel which didn't happen.
                              I do not have idea why I yield so light Diesel, what I can do is to take control point on first condenser to see what do I get in reflux tower and to be sure that there was not (or was) mixing with light fraction on the extraction point, the extraction point is measured with two sensor so I could be sure 100% that temperature is right.
                              If any body have an idea what happen that I get so light fraction pleas write.
                              Last edited by Jordan14; 08-06-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Hello!
                                ...my chimney was small and kiln was full of smoke so the flame could not rise...
                                I thought the process, being essentially anaerobic, was a closed system, with no involvement in chimneys, smoke, flame etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X