No announcement yet.

How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As avea nevoie de ceva detalii in limba romana. Ma poti ajuta?
    abanelu@yahoo.com

Comment

• pentru fox32

Comment

• Orion

My new deep retort probe showed 10°C - 30°C difference compared to the existing probe.
        The balance scale for determining retort level has been improved with some tweaks. This can be seen on my latest Youtube video.
        I have enough diesel for 3- 4 weeks so will be running the retort with the latest tweaks soon.
        http://diydiesel.blogspot.co.nz/

Comment

• retort

thanks excalibur for sharing your tests...keep it up

Comment

• Hi Friends
            why there is so much silence on this wonderful discussion are all your qurries get answered please post your views and keep this wonderful discussion alive

Thanks
            Sunil

Comment

• Originally posted by kedigen
              my system is running out soon. insulation bricks are made.
              waste nylon is cheap. I tried plastic granules. Do you have tried nylon? nylon is polyethylene. nylon and plastic, while processing the second time they put into the calcite. Does this problem? please urgent information.
              Thank you.
              No Nylon is not Polyethylene. It can not be used.
              It is not made from Oil stock, but from Dicarboxylic Acid and Diamine. It's Molecular Groups are Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen and Oxygen. In Pyrolysis, you will get a large quantity of Hydrogen Cyanide Gas from it.

Comment

I think I told WRONG. Waste bags I'm talking about.
                https://www.google.com.tr/search?cli...86.L01RcEXmaLg
                Yes the Plastic Bags can be used. They can be made from either PE and sometimes PP material, but there are also organic materials that make the Biodegradable Bags. They can be used OK as well.
                The only negatives are the area that they take up for weight and it is best to either compact them or have them shredded. They also often are found to be quite dirty, because they tend to be used as Rubbish bags.
                Sorry I don't understand your question about the Calcite.

Comment

waste nylon is cheap. I tried plastic granules. Do you have tried nylon? nylon is polyethylene. nylon and plastic, while processing the second time they put into the calcite. Does this problem? please urgent information.
                  Thank you.
                  kedigen your system looking nice seems to be a good effort by fabricator

Comment

So how are you heating the Retort? and how will you control that heat.
                    Also, I can not see in your pictures, any means of heating the Reflux and other distillation vessels.

Comment

Thanks to everyone.
                      able to find plastic bags washed and compressed. There is no organic matter in.
                      When recycling plastic, because it was cheaper to put into the calcite. calcite rate is close to 5% to 45%. This does not apply to all the material. Does calcite problem?
                      retort and other parts of the image I had previously shared. During installation I'll share new pictures. I'll be using BEK. for heather.
                      BEK description for:
                      Ratiomatic / Proses Hava Isıtma Brülörleri | Çukurova Isı Sistemleri
                      Sorry Kedigen, I really am not understanding your comment about Calcite. Are you adding Calcite to the Plastic inside the Retort?

Calcite is another name given to Calcium Carbonate. CaCO3. Also known as Lime. It is not acidic, it is very much the opposite, being extremely Alkaline and will react with and neutralize Acids. I am not sure if Acid neutralization inside the Retort is the best place. You would have to continually add Calcite and that would result in a lot of ash in the bottom of the retort, requiring frequent cleaning.
                      Any Acid neutralization should be done further along the process and the best place is in the Bubbler.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheels View Post
                        Sorry Kedigen, I really am not understanding your comment about Calcite. Are you adding Calcite to the Plastic inside the Retort?

Calcite is another name given to Calcium Carbonate. CaCO3. Also known as Lime. It is not acidic, it is very much the opposite, being extremely Alkaline and will react with and neutralize Acids. I am not sure if Acid neutralization inside the Retort is the best place. You would have to continually add Calcite and that would result in a lot of ash in the bottom of the retort, requiring frequent cleaning.
                        Any Acid neutralization should be done further along the process and the best place is in the Bubbler.
                        exactly right bubbler is the most appropriate place to netralize acidic nature of oil produced by pyrolysis here continuously by checking pH you may add alkali to it

Comment

• Originally posted by sunilkm153 View Post
                          exactly right bubbler is the most appropriate place to netralize acidic nature of oil produced by pyrolysis here continuously by checking pH you may add alkali to it
                          Although just to be clear, it won't be the oil passing through the bubbler, it will be the gas only. The Hydrocarbons will have been condensed out of the Gas before hand.

There is a process however, called "Hydro cracking" in which the Oil is cracked using high temp high pressure water or in some cases Steam at Super Sonic speed. It is a very superior way of cracking as it gives a very high level of control to what Hydrocarbon is produced. But it is at a level far exceeding all the backyard Amateur operations. Large scale Commercial operations tend to use the process and I imagine the Plant BBD works at would employ this kind of technology.

Comment

• Hello.
                            One of our most experienced members - Asad, wanted me to post the link to his new blog as he is not able to post himself. Here is the link:
                            Pyrotech Oil

Hope you like it.
                            Jetijs
                            It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                              Hello.
                              One of our most experienced members - Asad, wanted me to post the link to his new blog as he is not able to post himself. Here is the link:
                              Pyrotech Oil

Hope you like it.
                              Jetijs
                              So does Asad have an actual operational Plant or is this just ideas on paper (or computer screen) that he is trying to promote for sale? Because there are several area's that concern me from just looking at the Pictures of his Design.

Comment

• production rate

Wheels, what sort of production rates do you achieve through your plant?

Comment

Working...
                                X