The Robert Adams Pulse Motor Design Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toranarod View Post
    Thanks for putting that up, very tidy. I noticed in your circuit there is no collection of back emf from your driving coils (L1 & L2). The cushion is probably provided by the capacitor, but why is there a resister R1? What if we replace R1 by a diode D1? Just a wild suggestion.

cheers lanenal

Comment

Originally posted by RustyP View Post
      The comments above about the Adams motor being mainly for heat was the original intention but as time went by Robert learned how to harness the electrical charge directly from the cooling water. This was a big improvement and much simpler to do than using boilers and turbines connected to generators and far more efficient. There is a charge in the cooling water that is probably very much like a static charge and can be extracted quite simply. You have built the Adams motor with neos instead of ferrite magnets and there is a lot of useful power to be gotten from that setup but I never ever built those machines. Robert told me the first time I met him not to waste my time with those designs but to build only the thermo motor. I am sure you guys using digital timing techniques are on the right track as timing is critical to these machines but the higher voltages produce stray currents that can wipe out low voltage digital equipment so you will need to be very careful with shielding and earthing techniques I think. The real radiant or Aetheric energy operates almost the opposite to everything you have been taught about electricity so keep this in mind when the obvious does not work the way you think it should.
      I would like to see the timing setup you have as that is what I need to do with my motor.
      Thanks for your great posts.
      I thought there wasn’t a document on an idea about OU I had not seen.
      But I am completely wrong.
      This concept of extracting an electrical charge form the cooling water is new to me. I am very interested in perusing any concept that has valid credentials form genuine OU People. Specially when you say it was an RB concept.

Any thing I can do for you. You got it.
      All the information you need I will post it here or email it to you.
      Many Thanks Rod

Comment

Originally posted by lanenal View Post
        Thanks for putting that up, very tidy. I noticed in your circuit there is no collection of back emf from your driving coils (L1 & L2). The cushion is probably provided by the capacitor, but why is there a resister R1? What if we replace R1 by a diode D1? Just a wild suggestion.

cheers lanenal

The circuit presented on the parts list where the early versions.
        This was a simple drive setup when starting out and testing for efficiency only.
        I was told the by some too complicated. Please keep it simple.
        The best approach was one step at a time. It seemed when they where ready for the next step they would ask.
        But of course there are those like your self who have previous experience.
        For the intent of keeping this as simple to understand as possible, I have used an electromechanical device, i.e. a DPDT (a double pole double throw mechanical relay) to demonstrate how the capacitor C2 is switched mechanically in and out of the battery charging circuit.
        In normally closed position, the relay connects the capacitor to the drive coils L1, L2 and is allowed to charge through the 2 rectifying diodes, collecting the high voltage EMF off the collapsing magnetic field. The capacitor is allowed to charge to twice the battery voltage potential, i.e. 24 x 2 = 48 volts. At that time the processor determines the right moment when the circuit is no longer switching to return to activate the relay and switch the voltage stored by the capacitor back to the battery source, returning all energy back to the system.
        Note: Resistive capacitive time constants need to be considered so the capacitor can be discharged to the correct potential of the battery. This duration time is also calculated by the micro processor.
        It is also important to note that the micro processor counts how many times it has triggered a drive pulse and uses the amount of ignition pulses to determine how long to charge the capacitor before returning the charge back to the battery.
        In the test shown here a pulse count of 250 was reached to bring the capacitor up to a 48 volt charge before it was discharged back to the batteries’ 24 volt potential. By using a counting sequence instead of time to calculate the charge potential of the capacitor we were able to maintain a 48 volt charge peak irrespective of the motor’s RPM.
        Note for reference: A relay was used to conduct this experiment and provided a working prototype for a short period of time: however, the relay contacts eventually burnt out. Future switching will be done by a solid state circuitry which will be documented in future references of this research.

Comment

The circuit presented on the parts list where the early versions.
          This was a simple drive setup when starting out and testing for efficiency only.
          I was told the by some too complicated. Please keep it simple.
          The best approach was one step at a time. It seemed when they where ready for the next step they would ask.
          But of course there are those like your self who have previous experience.
          For the intent of keeping this as simple to understand as possible, I have used an electromechanical device, i.e. a DPDT (a double pole double throw mechanical relay) to demonstrate how the capacitor C2 is switched mechanically in and out of the battery charging circuit.
          In normally closed position, the relay connects the capacitor to the drive coils L1, L2 and is allowed to charge through the 2 rectifying diodes, collecting the high voltage EMF off the collapsing magnetic field. The capacitor is allowed to charge to twice the battery voltage potential, i.e. 24 x 2 = 48 volts. At that time the processor determines the right moment when the circuit is no longer switching to return to activate the relay and switch the voltage stored by the capacitor back to the battery source, returning all energy back to the system.
          Note: Resistive capacitive time constants need to be considered so the capacitor can be discharged to the correct potential of the battery. This duration time is also calculated by the micro processor.
          It is also important to note that the micro processor counts how many times it has triggered a drive pulse and uses the amount of ignition pulses to determine how long to charge the capacitor before returning the charge back to the battery.
          In the test shown here a pulse count of 250 was reached to bring the capacitor up to a 48 volt charge before it was discharged back to the batteries’ 24 volt potential. By using a counting sequence instead of time to calculate the charge potential of the capacitor we were able to maintain a 48 volt charge peak irrespective of the motor’s RPM.
          Note for reference: A relay was used to conduct this experiment and provided a working prototype for a short period of time: however, the relay contacts eventually burnt out. Future switching will be done by a solid state circuitry which will be documented in future references of this research.

Rod, thanks for going through all these trouble providing so much details and writing up so much for the record here. But it seems you are not settled down on the design yet (I know there are tough decisions to make to come out with a great design, probably even a lot of tinkering around too), I'll look forward to a finallized design with much patience (probably I have got no other choices at this point). Once again, thanks a lot for sharing this with us!

cheers, lanenal

Comment

Rod, thanks for going through all these trouble providing so much details and writing up so much for the record here. But it seems you are not settled down on the design yet (I know there are tough decisions to make to come out with a great design, probably even a lot of tinkering around too), I'll look forward to a finallized design with much patience (probably I have got no other choices at this point). Once again, thanks a lot for sharing this with us!

cheers, lanenal

This has opened up a Pandora’s Box of infinite design possibility.
            The designs I have presented so far work. And present a good starting place.
            I have a major change I am about to make to the construction.
            As I said before I have an Idea for a Hybrid.
            I will draw this up.
            Because of a resent mishap two weeks ago I broke
            My pelvis in a bike accident.
            Right in the middle of my work.
            I have stopped all physical construction research but continue to work from the computer.
            I am eager to get back to the work shop.

Comment

I did draft a solid state circuit but My current condition stop it right there
              but I had this on paper.

I can only show you the circuit its not been tested

Comment

This has opened up a Pandora’s Box of infinite design possibility.
                The designs I have presented so far work. And present a good starting place.
                I have a major change I am about to make to the construction.
                As I said before I have an Idea for a Hybrid.
                I will draw this up.
                Because of a resent mishap two weeks ago I broke
                My pelvis in a bike accident.
                Right in the middle of my work.
                I have stopped all physical construction research but continue to work from the computer.
                I am eager to get back to the work shop.
                Sorry to learn of that mishap, hope you'll recover soon. Meanwhile, this might be a good opportunity to do some pure thinking...take good care of yourself.

Comment

Sorry to learn of that mishap, hope you'll recover soon. Meanwhile, this might be a good opportunity to do some pure thinking...take good care of yourself.
                  what do you think about a combination of the Adams Motor and the effect of the Wankel motor

Comment

toranarod would it be possible for you to collect all the information about what you have accomplish so other people can faithfully replicate it?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes Rod has donated a PDF to the Panacea uni should be upon Sunday just have to compile the updates

Ash

Comment

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
                        Yes Rod has donated a PDF to the Panacea uni should be upon Sunday just have to compile the updates

Ash
                        Amazing news.

In a couple of years I hope to finish studying electronic engineering and start replicating devices such as this.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Rod and thanks very much for sharing.

I've spent all this week constructing an Adams motor. I use ferrite magnets because i am at low voltage, i read that neos should only be used if your input is 120V or higher.

I have a single stator and no generator coils.

I am using the Bedini SSG circuit in order to get natural timing as well as avoiding burnt out reed-switches.

I need to make a new base though because, when i go above 7.5 volts, the centrifugal force is so strong the resulting vibrations are enormous, this thing really has some torque due to the depth of the rotor magnets.

I just set it going on a battery-charging test at midnight tonight and will report back.

In the meantime i am perusing your setup with interest.

<EDIT>

By the way, what voltage/current/power are you getting out of the generator coils ?

</EDIT>

Thanks,

Gary.
                          Last edited by qvision; 12-18-2010, 02:25 AM. Reason: Additinoal question.

Comment

I excited to see another up and running

Originally posted by qvision View Post
                            Hi Rod and thanks very much for sharing.

I've spent all this week constructing an Adams motor. I use ferrite magnets because i am at low voltage, i read that neos should only be used if your input is 120V or higher.

I have a single stator and no generator coils.

I am using the Bedini SSG circuit in order to get natural timing as well as avoiding burnt out reed-switches.

I need to make a new base though because, when i go above 7.5 volts, the centrifugal force is so strong the resulting vibrations are enormous, this thing really has some torque due to the depth of the rotor magnets.

I just set it going on a battery-charging test at midnight tonight and will report back.

In the meantime i am perusing your setup with interest.

Thanks,

Gary.
                            I will be following your motor with interest as you could imagine will be looking forward To your results with much anticipation.

Please keep us up to date with the details. Sounds like the timing of the pulse is on track.
                            I observed Vibration was a good indicator the collision of the magnetic fields is a good result of correct timing. this is where the beginning of cold current flow starts.

With out any test equipment I could use this as a guide just to start the setup.

Can you share some more details of the specifications of your construction?

I have my motor running today too, doing some more tests.

Good luck

Comment

My setup details :

1. Rotor, from a VHS player.
                              2. Rotor magnets are 20mm wide, 50mm high, 5mm deep. I have these in groups of eight, each group superglued together to act as a single magnet. I have four groups on the rotor.
                              3. Drive coil is a serial bifilar wind. Trigger wire is 0.2mm, power wire is 0.25mm. Ferrite core is a rod, 7mm in diameter.
                              4. Drive circuitry is Bedini's SSG circuit.

I did a quick generator coil test using a coil i had lying around, 0.3mm wire and the same ferrite core as above, the coil's resistance being 28 ohms (i know that's way too much but this coil was just handy). I got 3.46 VDC (rectified) at 0.0025 Amps.

This is by no means a good build ! But it's battery-charging performance is looking superior to the SSG.

I will build a more precise machine in the new year, i am thinking of using my PWM to drive it :

http://www.rmcybernetics.com/files/pdf/PWM-OCXI.pdf

Gary.

Comment

Hi Rod,

good to see another aussie in here. Where are you located if I may ask?

Ive built a few window motors and monopoles in my time, Im interested to know if you ever built John Bedini and Ron Coles bipolalr circuit, as the 1/2 circuit version of this is very close to an adams motor design.

I am working on a large rotor at the moment that will use the 1/2 circuit with hall sensors as timing devices.

Good work

Regards

Ren
                                "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Working...
                                X