No announcement yet.

The Robert Adams Pulse Motor Design Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may be helpful to add a freewheel/flyback diode to each of your coils, i did this with my Adams motor/generator and it helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by i_ron View Post
      Hi Rod,

The 8 coil motor looks good. Have you continued its development?
      Or did romeo side track you? lol

Alright,"using the Robert Adams cold current", can you explain this in simple terms for me? I have built a couple of Adams motor/generators... not too successfully, I should add. What are your cores, laminations?, 4:1 core to magnet ratio?

Ron
      Old Romero did.

but I am back on track with all the helpful tips from Romero
      this is what I am now working on this is my Own designee.
      it a bit of every thing learned from all the experiments along the way.

I will fully explain this as I go. fingers crossed on this project.

Comment

• Good Job!!

Looks very innovative indeed!!

Comment

• Dude! Simply amazing!

I joined this forum just to reply to your post. I've been fascinated with the Adams motor for a number of years, but just haven't gotten around to exploring it. You have gotten me on track with your experiment and I am now looking at collecting the resources required to reproduce your experiments. Thus far, I have a number of different magnets and I'm expecting an Arduino soon (to learn how to program it, shouldn't take me long with a background in C/C++ programming and electronics). It will take me a couple of months to fully collect the basic materials to start working on it. I think the most difficult item will be the bearing and rotor, I have a few options for this.

Anyway, keep us posted and I'll do the same.
          8>

Comment

• great to have you join the crew.

Originally posted by chicken View Post
            Dude! Simply amazing!

I joined this forum just to reply to your post. I've been fascinated with the Adams motor for a number of years, but just haven't gotten around to exploring it. You have gotten me on track with your experiment and I am now looking at collecting the resources required to reproduce your experiments. Thus far, I have a number of different magnets and I'm expecting an Arduino soon (to learn how to program it, shouldn't take me long with a background in C/C++ programming and electronics). It will take me a couple of months to fully collect the basic materials to start working on it. I think the most difficult item will be the bearing and rotor, I have a few options for this.

Anyway, keep us posted and I'll do the same.
            hello chicken

I have been working on Adams motor concepts for some years now.
            After all this time I have seen many of the ideas put forward by Adams and his motor come to fruition . If I can combine his thinking with a few other concepts like the Muller motor and violation of Lenz law. I am hope full of some thing amazing to share with the world.

For some reason I have been posting a lot of my new work of late on the Muller motor replication post. It’s just evolved that way. After dropping every thing to replicate Romero UKs work. We seem to have just stayed there.

I am going to try to post more stuff here from now on.

this is what i have reconfigured today.

This will be what I am hoping to build in the next few days.

This is the new motor setup that has been yielding better figures.
            There is another coil piggy backing on the iron core behind the litz coil.

The small magnets have also provided a much faster RPM as well as more out put verses input. Reducing the coil to magnet ratio was an improvement.

Best RPM today 3206, Watts 1.08 Ratio.
            All other figures still check out. I am a bit restless with the new figures.

Last edited by toranarod; 07-19-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• man that looks great. How is that piggyback coil working out for you? are you getting any usable voltage away from it? When I would short mine there was a greenish spark that would pop when I separated the wires. did you find the sweet spot where it will speed up under a shorted condition? rpm's, input voltage/current, and distance from coil face to magnet are critical. keep it up man. I know you are close. I am working on purchasing a house that is perfect for adding some of the devices built on the forum. Once thats all worked out I have a motor to build using the piggyback concept and a few other things ive been paying attention too. Im thinking a hybrid motor of toranarod, Mopozco, Minoly, RomeroUK, Konehead, Lidmotor, Slider, Jorge (skycollection), should do the trick.

Comment

• Originally posted by redrichie View Post
                man that looks great. How is that piggyback coil working out for you? are you getting any usable voltage away from it? When I would short mine there was a greenish spark that would pop when I separated the wires. did you find the sweet spot where it will speed up under a shorted condition? rpm's, input voltage/current, and distance from coil face to magnet are critical. keep it up man. I know you are close. I am working on purchasing a house that is perfect for adding some of the devices built on the forum. Once thats all worked out I have a motor to build using the piggyback concept and a few other things ive been paying attention too. Im thinking a hybrid motor of toranarod, Mopozco, Minoly, RomeroUK, Konehead, Lidmotor, Slider, Jorge (skycollection), should do the trick.

I added an adjustable slide control to fine tune the coil.

Comment

• Slick

Very slick and great workmanship!!

Comment

• Hi Rod,

I'm about to order some magnet wire and I was wondering if I should get standard wire or would you recommend litz wire? I'm still going through the Muller post.

I ended up getting the Arduino Uno clone from Freetronics with the LCD screen (I like to be able to have direct feedback which can be an important debugging tool). I have pretty much learned the limitations of the programming language used... it's just a subset of C++.
                    8>

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken View Post
                      Hi Rod,

I'm about to order some magnet wire and I was wondering if I should get standard wire or would you recommend litz wire? I'm still going through the Muller post.

I ended up getting the Arduino Uno clone from Freetronics with the LCD screen (I like to be able to have direct feedback which can be an important debugging tool). I have pretty much learned the limitations of the programming language used... it's just a subset of C++.
                      if this is your first coil and pulse motor I am not sure what to recommend.
                      If you are going to replicate one of the projects in this post i would start with single strand wire and build a second coil with litz wire so you can compare them. Both would be a good idea.

Comment

• Hi Rod, I hope not to abandon the project. We read every post of yours carefully. all good

Comment

• Originally posted by coss View Post
                          Hi Rod, I hope not to abandon the project. We read every post of yours carefully. all good
                          Thank you
                          I am working on this every day. Not abandon at all. I am post mostly on the Romero Muller Rep theses days. just seem to be there now. not really intentional.
                          cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X