X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john_g
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinmanpower View Post
    Well i would love to be in on this one,but i havnt payed any money to peter for his book,or been to one of his confrences-nor do i intend on ever doing so.
    As Peter clearly stated that no one is to post on this thread(although it wasnt started by him)unless you have bought my book-i guess im out.
    But if some one would start a thread about the lockridge device,that isnt dictative as to who can contribute to the thread-then i may have something you all might like.
    And yes,it is from ww2.
    Hi Tinmanpower

I've started a new thread called Other Lockridge theory's. Hope to see you there.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...e-theorys.html

Regards

John
    Last edited by john_g; 12-02-2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: forgot link

Leave a comment:

• Tinmanpower
    replied
    Well i would love to be in on this one,but i havnt payed any money to peter for his book,or been to one of his confrences-nor do i intend on ever doing so.
    As Peter clearly stated that no one is to post on this thread(although it wasnt started by him)unless you have bought my book-i guess im out.
    But if some one would start a thread about the lockridge device,that isnt dictative as to who can contribute to the thread-then i may have something you all might like.
    And yes,it is from ww2.

Leave a comment:

• jtanguay
    replied
    How to increase sparking on the commutator. or decrease it...

This is a very imporant primer that any newbie should watch.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by jtanguay View Post
    Just to add my thoughts on the lockridge. I am very intrigued by this motor. Doing more research on it I came across a Tesla patent for electro magnetic motor:

Tesla Patent No. 381,968 - Electro Magnetic Motor
    Yes an interesting patent.

The DC motors of today that I've taken apart are definitely not wound like this. Each commutator has a link to the next...
    Yes this is known as lap winding and the old method is a form of wave winding.

Maybe the style of winding's on that patent are the key? That way we wouldn't need to find an old DC motor but be able to either create our own or modify a newer and larger model. I can only speculate that the winding style would create a lot of arcing, but efficiency should be good.
    Yes, I have wound such a motor and although the donor motor was designed for 220v my rewound one would run on 4v, at 20v the arcing was so bad it was burning up the commutator and brushes. Placing a second set of brushes with the correct timing I was able to recover a large amount of the input. This is the configuration I believe was used but I cannot be sure as I am now able to get a similar situation with a lap wound rotor that is unmodified. I never measured the mechanical efficiency.

If the brushes were very thin like the ones on the lockridge device, I believe there would be a type of diode effect which would take place as the commutator sections passed by the brushes. This would be a high voltage discharge and might explain the copper wrap capacitor around the device itself to capture it. The diode effect could give a similar effect as that of the plasma ignition circuit. The brushes would obviously need to be modified and timed perfectly so that as the commutator rotates, one section is barely touching one segment, but the other brush has already passed. Effectively creating the open circuit and allowing the spark to flow into the capacitor.
    You are correct but this effect would only occur above a pre determined speed.
    Perhaps the tri-filar design was to step down the high voltage into something more useful? That, and it could behave like the impedance matching coil setup of John Bedini in order to match the load and not 'kill' it?
    The trifilar has many functions but to step down in the manner you suggest is less likely although an impedance matching ability may well be a part of it.

I never knew the old DC motors had to energize their magnetic poles in order to charge like our alternators do today. This adds an interesting aspect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even with a pull cord, would the device even power up?
    Not without a supply battery

The only thing I can think of, is that the switching mechanism with the brushes would perform an oscillation function
    Correct

and somehow use the earths magnetic field to create a small 'kick' and then those kicks would build up and the device would slowly speed up until it reached a happy speed.
    Unlikely

I'd love to know if the coils were stock or if modified. I'm beginning to think modified for high voltage, but what do I know. I've contemplated buying an old delco remy generator/starter off ebay but would it be worth it? I'd probably toss it on the shelf after a few weeks of playing with it.
    Do it, there is so much for you lo learn. We have already got one of these delco motor/generators running at 8 to 20v at 30A and producing 80 to 110v at 2+A as an output. We have only slotted the case and have no recovery as yet but there are many interesting things happening such as Kvs building up in the armature.

We are using 4 generator coils with a slight adjustment in their position and only two brushes at the moment, everything else is standard except how we connect the windings up.

With this build up of voltage in the armature it may be possible to use an unmodified one so we have to test this. At the moment there is only one person doing it so if you also joined in with us, we could confirm our results and double the speed of progress.

Leave a comment:

• jtanguay
    replied
    Just to add my thoughts on the lockridge. I am very intrigued by this motor. Doing more research on it I came across a Tesla patent for electro magnetic motor:

Tesla Patent No. 381,968 - Electro Magnetic Motor

The DC motors of today that I've taken apart are definitely not wound like this. Each commutator has a link to the next...

Maybe the style of winding's on that patent are the key? That way we wouldn't need to find an old DC motor but be able to either create our own or modify a newer and larger model. I can only speculate that the winding style would create a lot of arcing, but efficiency should be good. If the brushes were very thin like the ones on the lockridge device, I believe there would be a type of diode effect which would take place as the commutator sections passed by the brushes. This would be a high voltage discharge and might explain the copper wrap capacitor around the device itself to capture it. The diode effect could give a similar effect as that of the plasma ignition circuit. The brushes would obviously need to be modified and timed perfectly so that as the commutator rotates, one section is barely touching one segment, but the other brush has already passed. Effectively creating the open circuit and allowing the spark to flow into the capacitor. At 5000+ rpm this would be happening extremely fast of course, and the high voltage coming from the capacitor would probably blow anything plugged into it. Perhaps the tri-filar design was to step down the high voltage into something more useful? That, and it could behave like the impedance matching coil setup of John Bedini in order to match the load and not 'kill' it?

Just speculation but I'd like to hear everyones thoughts. I never knew the old DC motors had to energize their magnetic poles in order to charge like our alternators do today. This adds an interesting aspect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even with a pull cord, would the device even power up? The only thing I can think of, is that the switching mechanism with the brushes would perform an oscillation function and somehow use the earths magnetic field to create a small 'kick' and then those kicks would build up and the device would slowly speed up until it reached a happy speed.

I'd love to know if the coils were stock or if modified. I'm beginning to think modified for high voltage, but what do I know. I've contemplated buying an old delco remy generator/starter off ebay but would it be worth it? I'd probably toss it on the shelf after a few weeks of playing with it.

Edit: Just to add, going through Tesla's patent again, he talks about there being a generator and motor within the one design? Very intriguing. Nothing about self sustainability, but maybe there is some clues on how one could achieve that result?
    Last edited by jtanguay; 12-01-2012, 01:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Recent reading has explained to me that the purpose of a compensation coil is to prevent this anomaly. As we use the inductive compensation to power our load we have an extra resistance preventing efficient transfer of energy from the armature, the result being a build up in the armature.

If this is indeed, part of the how the lockridge worked, then we know the purpose of the extra brushes in that device.That is to draw off the high voltage out of the armature.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Luckily the motor we are testing was not in my possession, so the work goes on.

The interesting thing about the voltage gain is where it is coming from, it has been noticed that there is arcing between the commutator and the negative brush preceding contact. We believe that the armature is charging up to the KV range. Trying to establish the cause, as we are only supplying 8 to 20v we studied the operation of the armature.

The armature is a standard unit that we believe to be lap wound. If this is the case then we have effectively a loop of coils going around the armature. As the brushes move off one commutator segment to the next we have a condition where one of the coils in the loop is shorted. We believe that this coil shorting is causing a change in inductance in the armature allowing it to charge under low inductance and discharge under high inductance causing a dramatic rise in voltage.

More replications are needed to confirm or disprove this theory.

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye. If anyone wishes to join in with these experiments, I will bring them up to speed.

This may also relate to the 3 battery generating system.

Leave a comment:

• Robert49
    replied
    Hi

Sorry to hear that.
    The world is made out of 50% idiots, 30% "bass holllls", and then there's the rest of us. I may be wrong but it sure feels like this.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    I had some bad news this morning, someone has been in my workshop and stripped the copper wire out of all my motors, transformers, variacs and everything to do with my research. B!@#*!rds The batteries and anything made of aluminum has gone too

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Latest Update

Input 8v 30 amps, output "about 104-110 volts. It will lite 2 100 watt bulbs pretty good . The third one brings the voltage down so all three are at about 3/4 illumination"

So if the input is 240w and the output is in excess of 200w we are getting quite efficient now. At this stage we have not got any recovery circuits. The astonishing thing is the voltage gain.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    You could ask him if he ever took it apart, if so what was it like inside? I could ask lots of technical questions but I doubt he would know about that stuff. Get him to describe how it was started, the noises (the frequency of the noise will give an indication of speed) and how it was stopped? ask him what he remembers about it and what did the parts look like? ask him what he could do with it? could he charge a battery and power a load or just one thing at a time? did a battery have to be connected to the device all the time it was running? Was it just a single motor or was there a generator attached to the shaft too, we assume it was the former but no one has asked the question as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    So many questions

Originally posted by Robert49 View Post
    Hi guys!

I should see Henry (Heinrich) in a week or so.
    If you have questions for him, post them now and I will show them to him when he comes>

Robert
    thanks Robert49,

1) Was it started by pulling a rope, a crank, or what?
    2) Did they turn on the lights or heater after a while?
    3) Is there a patent for this in Germany?
    4) Did he ever hear of or see one after the war?
    5) Was there any knobs or switches on the device?

Thanks for this, any information may help. Like mbrown said any info would help.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• Robert49
    replied
    Hi guys!

I should see Henry (Heinrich) in a week or so.
    If you have questions for him, post them now and I will show them to him when he comes>

Robert

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    I here what you are saying but I don't think this is the case. The clicking sound that a Lockridge would make is more likely to be the capacitor and coils charging and discharging. Remember we are banging huge amps in pulses in and out of it and into a home made capacitor.

At the moment we are not pulsing our motor correctly but we do get noise out of it, specifically growling and humming. This is to do with the transformer actions and huge magnetic forces on the armature.

We have taken a motor design that is typically 35% efficient, wired it up in a way where you would not expect it to work but it does. In theory it should be at best half as efficient as the normal setup or about 17% but our electrical output has been 37% and we aren't even pulsing it yet.

Roberts input is important as he has access to someone who has seen a Lockridge device.

Leave a comment:

• pault
    replied
    coil shorting?

Robert49's acquaintance's comment about a "clicking noise" in the Lockridge made me think of coil shorting (mechanical / reed switch).

Here's another datapoint:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post213687

pt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X