No announcement yet.

Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cell phone chargers probably use something like these Maxim DC-DC converters.

DC-DC Converter Tutorial - Maxim

Comment

• Originally posted by sniky View Post
      Where can I find some of those trigger transformers 4 or 10 Kv (can you give me a link ) because I couldn't find them locally
      The 4k output Trigger coil/Transformer are generally rated at 170volt input, but some are 300 volt.
      4kV Trigger Transformer - $1.25 : Clickpart Electronics
      4kV Trigger Transformer $1.25 170V input

Electric transformer - Compare prices for new and used products with Twenga UK
      Trigger Transformers : Trigger Transformers : Maplin
      4kV Trigger Transfmr 170V input, YQ63T £0.99

Strobe Trigger Transformer - Jaycar Electronics
      Strobe Trigger Transformer $1.50

Trigger Transformers (read more at link)
      ... What distinguishes a trigger transformer from other types of electronic transformers? ...
      ... Most circuit designers would refer to the trigger transformer as a type of pulse transformer ...
      ... In the preceding example, the trigger transformer ( which is a pulse electronic transformer )
      design does not saturate the core and usually employs unipolar core utilization.
      Could not a couple of 4K trigger coils output more voltage than a
      single 10k trigger coil at the same input voltage and the same price for parts?
      (I am clueless .. just asking 3-6V Xenon Strobe Light)
      Remember to be kind to your mind ...
      Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
        Hi Kazm....How do your led bulbs perform when hooked up to avramenko plugs like i show in the vid and the halo bulb on the output? If you set it up like this you will get strong wireless so it may prove an interesting experiment to compare the two...
        @jonnydavro
        ok finally got to test this when set up as described above the halo light is well lit, and the wireless effect is about 1/3 stronger.

The LED bulbs were dim but i was able to greatly increase their light output by wrapping a coil of wire around the battery as described by slayer007, then connecting one end to a trigger transformer, then to the ground pan of bulb #1. The other end of the wire goes to another trigger transformer, then to the ground pan of bulb #2.

Made a video showing this here (you'll need to crank up your volume it didn't come out very loud):

YouTube - sec effects

All the trigger transformers used are from fuji cameras, i've got some 4kv and 10kv transformers on their way from Mouser, will be interesting to see how they affect performance.

I tried with and without a 33uh choke between the battery rails and the AV plugs, seemed to make no difference either way - how does it improve things for you?

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
        @All
        Dr. Stiffler suggested that I try water electrolysis with my water glass setup and I did...
        YouTube - Pan oscillator---water electrolysis.ASF
        @lidmotor
        I replicated this last night and all i can say is... everyone with a SEC should try this.

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
        If you have another tower wrap some wire around the cell charger and connect the tower to that.With AV plugs comming off that to charge more batteries...
        kazm this is what I was talking about.
        In this video I have a cell phone charger running a joule thief.
        That JT is filling the big 4400uf capacitor thats also charging a 12v 7.5 ah battery and running a SEC 15.
        There is a diode comming off the capacitor to charge the 12v battery.
        There is also a tower connected to the cell phone charger case thats charging ten more AA batteries.

The setup will run for around eight hours while lighting the light and charge the batteries.
        After that I can just replace the cell phone charger battery with one of the ten other batteries.

Here is the video.
        YouTube - Cell Phone Charger plus JT and SEC 15.mov
        @slayer007
        the charging you're showing here is really something, will most definitely be experimenting with this In the video the charger is connected to a tower, then to the negative of the 10 aa battery pack. What is the positive of the battery pack connected to (the green croc clip)? Also, what kind of batteries are you using? I'm wondering if this is able to charge non-rechargeable alkaline batteries as well
        Last edited by kazm; 01-18-2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Nice video Kazm.

The tower I'm using in the video has two AV plugs on it.

There is one at the very bottom were the wire comes into the tower.
          That is an AV plug with two diodes.Then there is an AV plug at the center tap with four diodes two on each side.
          Then both AV are just connected togeather.

The tower works great for a charger when connected to the charger battery it also picks up power from the sec to charge the batteries also.

edit. The batteries I'm using are all rechargable AA batteries.It will recharge nonrechargeable batteries but the rechargeable ones work a lot better for me.
          If you have two of these chargers you can also put two togeather for 12v that also works very well.
          Last edited by slayer007; 01-18-2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Here is short video using two cell phones in series to run a SEC 15.
            If you have the SEC turned way down it will still slowy charge the batteries. And the led indicator lights on the charger will not even come on.
            Showing very little current draw from the batteries in the chargers.
            But when turned up it will charge the batteries very fast.

Here is the video.
            YouTube - 2 cell Phone Chargers In Series & SEC 15

Edit. In the video I have the AL tape connected togeather on the chargers.That was a no no it will drain the batteries in the charger faster that way.
            Just collect from one charger case.
            Last edited by slayer007; 01-18-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• 99 cent cell phone chargers on Ebay

@All
              I found the same cell phone charger that Slayer is using on Ebay for 99 cents each. The shipping adds another $2 so it is a $3 out the door deal. Here is the link:

Emergency Battery Mobile Phone Charger for Nokia Moto - eBay (item 350231385490 end time Jan-21-10 02:06:31 PST)

I read up a little on these cell phone chargers and they are 80% to 90% efficient. It is sure an easy way to get 5.5 volts out of a AA.

Lidmotor
              Last edited by Lidmotor; 01-20-2010, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• @Kazm.Hi Thanks for trying those experiments and taking the time to make a vid and you can see the benefit from the extra trigger coils clearly .
                Regarding the inductors before the AV plug.I find that my leds are a touch brighter with them and i have even had cases when the leds would not come on without an inductor so i leave them in my lightboard and then i can try with and without but the real benefit is apparant when you use them with my Torroid sec and multiple secondary's as by adding and removing inductors before the av plug here allows you to ballance the led strings for brightness.
                I enclose a clearer circuit diagram of the torroid sec as the one on the first page is not as detailed.It is just a sec15-3 circuit but with L1 AND L2 coils wound onto a torroid.I believe this could be a really strong exciter as i am only using a small toroid (37mmod/27mmid with 14t-L1 and 50t-L2)as they are not to easy to get in the UK but the wireless is very strong with the phone charger and if used with something like jeanna's torroid i think this could be good.It will also light all the leds on my lightboard at 100uA so it is pretty efficient and you also get two outputs so you can have two wireless transmitters or two av strings or a mixture and by adding more secondary coils to the torroid you can have more .
                Thanks for sharing your experiments with us Kazm and i look forward to when you get your new trigger coils.Jonny.

Last edited by jonnydavro; 01-21-2010, 07:59 PM. Reason: circuit update

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                  @All
                  I found the same cell phone charger that Slayer is using on Ebay for 99 cents each. The shipping adds another $2 so it is a $3 out the door deal. Here is the link:

Emergency Battery Mobile Phone Charger for Nokia Moto - eBay (item 350231385490 end time Jan-21-10 02:06:31 PST)

I read up a little on these cell phone chargers and they are 80% to 90% efficient. It is sure is an easy way to get 5.5 volts out of a AA.

Lidmotor
                  You can often find these in stores that sell luggage since they're considered "travel chargers"

Comment

• Updated video of my sec / water tower tests based on lidmotor's videos, shows how glasses of water can be used as both transmitters and receivers:

YouTube - sec water towers lighting a neon wirelessly

Comment

• Hi.I am just amazed at how good these mobile phone chargers are as a power source for various experiments.I did an experiment today and ran a usb plasma globe of 1.5v using my charger.It works great and also shows SEC effects such as wireless energy transmision,high voltage on the positive and negative rails and will also light fluorescent's and neons.Here is a vid.Regards jonny

YouTube - 1.5v Plasma globe

@Kazm.Thanks for showing your experiments.I find the standalone glass lighting the neon interesting and i can feel an idea forming.Thanks for showing this .Jonny.

Comment

• plasma globe

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                        Hi.I am just amazed at how good these mobile phone chargers are as a power source for various experiments.I did an experiment today and ran a usb plasma globe of 1.5v using my charger.It works great and also shows SEC effects such as wireless energy transmision,high voltage on the positive and negative rails and will also light fluorescent's and neons.Here is a vid.Regards jonny

YouTube - 1.5v Plasma globe

@Kazm.Thanks for showing your experiments.I find the standalone glass lighting the neon interesting and i can feel an idea forming.Thanks for showing this .Jonny.
                        Jonny I have the same plasma globe. I tried it with the cell phone charger and it worked. I tried all my SEC stuff with it (even the water glass tower) and they all worked! Hummm. What is going on here??
                        Just like you I am finding all kinds of uses for the cell phone charger. If you use a 1.2v rechargeable, it will run three battery LED flashlights great.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Hi Lidmotor.Great you tried this too .These plasma globes have a small Tesla coil inside so there is high voltage,high frequency ac and inductive collapse.I think where ever these occur we will find SEC effects.It has got me thinking that without the glass and connected to a pan,the tesla coil could be a great sec circuit as the current draw is only high as we are driving them to get the visual effect but the high voltage is there at far less amp draw.I am fascinated by plasma globes and have a fair few and this usb one was only £5 so if the shop still has them i may sacrifice one in the name of science .Jonny.

Comment

• Hi Jonny

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                            Hi Lidmotor.Great you tried this too .These plasma globes have a small Tesla coil inside so there is high voltage,high frequency ac and inductive collapse.I think where ever these occur we will find SEC effects.
                            To me a Tesla coil is some other creature, I have dissected one globe, and in my globe it is a miniature HV transformer like the ones in TVs and (old) display monitors, just there is no voltage trippler.

And yes I agree we will see some SEC effects.

I saw some state ( free from memory, sorry I cant remember from where, so I can only give anonymous credits):

Originally posted by unknown
                            Resistivity consumes electricity. Inductivity produces electricity.
                            So I fully agree with you.

It has got me thinking that without the glass and connected to a pan,the tesla coil could be a great sec circuit as the current draw is only high as we are driving them to get the visual effect but the high voltage is there at far less amp draw.I am fascinated by plasma globes and have a fair few and this usb one was only £5 so if the shop still has them i may sacrifice one in the name of science .Jonny.
                            Me too, I have played with my globe also lighting CFLs and charging capacitors.

I have a very high quality Siemens oil capacitor Type# B25355-B6337-K005, 330uf/600V
                            (measures 95mm in diameter x 250mm length).

Putting approx 5 m coaxial wire onto the globe and connecting one end to an AV plug to the capacitor, it charges approx. 2V/second all way up.

When charging to 265V and then connecting to a 230V 40W incandescent lamp, it ligths up full brightness shortly.

If you studied DrStifflers data logs on coherence, the CEC increased during the charging.

When the charging voltage rises linearly, the energy cohered rises as a squared function of the voltage.

So one optimal way to get energy harvested would be to charge a capacitor to the maximum voltage our MOSFET transistor can accept. Then turn on the MOSFET to charge a coil with dimensioned self inductance shortly from the Capacitor, so we only reduce the cap voltage maybe 20mV.

This would allow to drive the coil at 100Hz ( 2V/sec divided by 20mV)

I am fiddling with a circuit to do this, but my problem is to make it on one board + my SUI (Simple User Interface) controlling both the HV transformer and the next discharge stage while having the necessary insulation between the circuits, still being simple and as chap as possible.

The Hector way of using a thyristor for 2'nd stage is simple and cheap, but no good, as it will fully discharge the capacitor, thus minimizing the CEC.

Of cause the globe can later be replaced by a dual switch and a coil (from the globe) the Bedini way like in the Ron Cole circuit used by ren for his window motor, operating in resonance like in Hectors EASER (see link for RE_UOxx at the end of the panacea document rv.pdf on the rotoverter technology).

Is this something you would spend experimenting time for, or is it off topic for you ?
                            (sorry for my post if thats the case)

Eric
                            Ps. I love your experiments and findings as a group, doing stuff not in the textbooks and getting new discoveries

Comment

• Originally posted by Tecstatic View Post
                              Hi Jonny

I saw some state ( free from memory, sorry I cant remember from where, so I can only give anonymous credits):
                              Originally Posted by unknown

Resistivity consumes electricity. Inductivity produces electricity.
                              I posted that quote and it was by Walter Russell. Conduction dissipates, induction duplicates. I also dont have it word for word, but very powerful statement.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-theory.html

here is the post it was from.
                              Last edited by Armagdn03; 01-22-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post
                                I posted that quote and it was by Walter Russell. Conduction dissipates, induction duplicates. I also dont have it word for word, but very powerful statement.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-theory.html

here is the post it was from.
                                Thanks Andrew.

I have been pushing myself quite hard lately, so please excuse me having difficulty remembering the sources (and the exact wording at least I think I got the point ).

Do you have a link for Walter Russell's stuff, as it look like very worth the time reading ?

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X