• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ilandtan View Post
    This is the stuff I have bought:

Frequency Counter

Gauss Meter

Dynatron, who has some success videos on Don Smith replication told me about how to select a decent gauss meter. His discussion is on Energyevo.com
    I have both these items on order. With the Gauss meter, I am thinking that it gives us analogue information, which can be like the volume control of radio. small turn large volume control. That is exponential. When the flux gets large measurement can become saturated.

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwane View Post
      I have both these items on order. With the Gauss meter, I am thinking that it gives us analogue information, which can be like the volume control of radio. small turn large volume control. That is exponential. When the flux gets large measurement can become saturated.

Regards

Dwane
      When you get these things, I can show you some things I have come across.

Comment

When you get these things, I can show you some things I have come across.
        Great. Will be a few weeks, coming from China!

regards

Dwane

Comment

Great. Will be a few weeks, coming from China!

regards

Dwane
          You probably already have:

12V NST
          Spark Gap or GDT 220V or above
          HV Diode that can rectify directly from NST HV

Comment

You probably already have:

12V NST
            Spark Gap or GDT 220V or above
            HV Diode that can rectify directly from NST HV
            Don't have a NST. i had been using it for charging my capacitor tests. for some reason it stop working. i would be back to using a tv flyback transformer. NST's are difficult to get at the moment what with all the led displays.have everything else.

Regards

Dwane

Comment

Don't have a NST. i had been using it for charging my capacitor tests. for some reason it stop working. i would be back to using a tv flyback transformer. NST's are difficult to get at the moment what with all the led displays.have everything else.

Regards

Dwane
              I use 12V NST, circuits, so I have isolation from the grid, and also ask why Don's device seem to be run from batteries. His "Commercial Device" running a 120V Luminous Tube Transformer, is being driven by an inverter via a 12V battery. Why didn't he just plug it into AC?

I think there is something to it. You can see the magnetic energy Don was talking about.

This is the NST I use, and got it from here: https://www.amazing1.com/neon-transformers-12v.html

I'm sure there are equivalents.

Comment

• Hi ilandtan,
                thanks for the info. I have found this nst that is imported from USA Midget.

What worries me about the nst is their sensitivity to circuit breaking. they seem to breakdown very easily. They are not designed for the work we are doing imho. i have bought two over the past year and both have broken down. for me at $90 a time they don't look like a good investment. I also have a yihau 3010d which has caused me many problems. it seems that the manufacturing process if too cheap these days. not built to last. I am wondering if I should spend the time and try and build a hv supply using say an auto ignition coil. the only thing is will they run at 30khz+.

let me know what you think of the midget nst specs.

regards

Dwane

Comment

Hi ilandtan,
                  thanks for the info. I have found this nst that is imported from USA Midget.

What worries me about the nst is their sensitivity to circuit breaking. they seem to breakdown very easily. They are not designed for the work we are doing imho. i have bought two over the past year and both have broken down. for me at $90 a time they don't look like a good investment. I also have a yihau 3010d which has caused me many problems. it seems that the manufacturing process if too cheap these days. not built to last. I am wondering if I should spend the time and try and build a hv supply using say an auto ignition coil. the only thing is will they run at 30khz+.

let me know what you think of the midget nst specs.

regards

Dwane
                  I think the midget nst should be just fine, to see the effect I want to illustrate. Don Smith said ignition coils bring lots of power. I have to look for that quote. But I wouldn't spend a whole lot, you just need to have your measurement gear and the ability to create flux, by pulsing Earth ground.

Comment

I think the midget nst should be just fine, to see the effect I want to illustrate. Don Smith said ignition coils bring lots of power. I have to look for that quote. But I wouldn't spend a whole lot, you just need to have your measurement gear and the ability to create flux, by pulsing Earth ground.
                    Well, I went to order and they are out of stock! Have ordered a grid voltage unit from China. more patience required. Have received the flux meter, just waiting on the frequency counter. Will keep you apprised of the postal system!!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• NST or?

Has anyone tried to build a simple "small" Tesla that is calculated for the output voltage that you are looking for? It would actually be a small thing because it doesn't need to put out millions of volts. Pass the output lead through say 3 parallel MVO diodes and you have your pulsed dc. Tune the Tesla to the frequency you want and most likely you will not burn that one out with a direct short either.
                      The junk made today is designed to fail so you will buy more. Not last. Run the Tesla in a vat of oil and you can make it "invincible", not really but a good arc snubber.

thay

Comment

• Originally posted by thaelin View Post
                        Has anyone tried to build a simple "small" Tesla that is calculated for the output voltage that you are looking for? It would actually be a small thing because it doesn't need to put out millions of volts. Pass the output lead through say 3 parallel MVO diodes and you have your pulsed dc. Tune the Tesla to the frequency you want and most likely you will not burn that one out with a direct short either.
                        The junk made today is designed to fail so you will buy more. Not last. Run the Tesla in a vat of oil and you can make it "invincible", not really but a good arc snubber.

thay
                        What do you mean small tesla coil? What are you trying to do?

Comment

• Hi ilandtan,
                          still thinking of you! been busy with building, figueras and patiently waiting for bits and pieces. the two meters have now arrived , flux and frequency counter, still waiting for the neon transformer. have ordered one with adjustable control. seem to remember Don using one of these. earliest delivery date is 22 may! and between june 13. maybe it is slow because trump has been trumpeting?

patience is a virtue best learned sitting down

regards

dwane

Comment

Hi ilandtan,
                            still thinking of you! been busy with building, figueras and patiently waiting for bits and pieces. the two meters have now arrived , flux and frequency counter, still waiting for the neon transformer. have ordered one with adjustable control. seem to remember Don using one of these. earliest delivery date is 22 may! and between june 13. maybe it is slow because trump has been trumpeting?

patience is a virtue best learned sitting down

regards

dwane
                            Hi Dwane,

I don't know if you have had a chance to use your meters on your Tesla coil RX/TX, but you should be able to see output in uT and then calculate the milligauss. You should be able to capture the radio frequency. Mine was around 500kHz.

Comment

Hi Dwane,

I don't know if you have had a chance to use your meters on your Tesla coil RX/TX, but you should be able to see output in uT and then calculate the milligauss. You should be able to capture the radio frequency. Mine was around 500kHz.
                              Hi ilandtan,
                              I got chinese instructions and screen prompts, my night classes are not easy! I am getting approx 13.2uT ==> 132mG. Frequency is coming in around 575.6 k Hz with a 1sec gate. i suppose if the input increased the output in uT would increase to a saturation point? I need a different circuit to modulate the input to test that theory. Interestingly, it took a couple of minutes for the flux to develop about the coil when it remained quite steady. Good lesson!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

Hi ilandtan,
                                I got chinese instructions and screen prompts, my night classes are not easy! I am getting approx 13.2uT ==> 132mG. Frequency is coming in around 575.6 k Hz with a 1sec gate. i suppose if the input increased the output in uT would increase to a saturation point? I need a different circuit to modulate the input to test that theory. Interestingly, it took a couple of minutes for the flux to develop about the coil when it remained quite steady. Good lesson!

Regards

Dwane
                                Mine came from Amazon, instruction and display in English. So part of my realization of DS, was he learned to capture the radio frequencies off these devices (see my post with plasma tube). Look at his description how to build the plasma ball device. If the frequency is around 30kHz, and he is telling you:
                                Get about 30 feet (10m) of Jumbo-Speaker Cable
                                what do you think he is doing? Creating an RF antenna. The harmonic he is using is an obvious choice. Do the math and tell me if you agree?
                                BTW - I can tell you that my plasma ball gets about 370mG of magnetic induction.

Comment

Working...
                                X