• Show
Clear All

• Progress

Will finish today
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Mwtj View Post
      Will finish today
      Hey, looking great! Hope to see it running soon!

Comment

• Firing on two cilinders

https://sendvid.com/kx7rismi

Second video the gap is a little bigger. Turn volume down

https://sendvid.com/lvu1oghs

Comment

• Originally posted by ricards View Post
          Here!, well its not mine the owner gave it away willingly so I'm only sharing. In my opinion, It's not an Engineerable or a step by step instructions (like what I'm thinking that you want), but Its all of what the guy is willing to share. It should be enough to give you an Insight of the phenomenon.
          Yes, Bruce's document is the essential place to start. However, there is quite a bit of additional information not contained in the document that's either useful or essential. The only place you can learn these things is by reading the thread. Things such as:

1. High-voltage wire is necessary on the L1/L2 coils and probably still a good idea on the L3/L4 coils. At least 30KV, 40KV is better. It's not cheap, but shop around on ebay and sometimes you can find a good deal.

2. Without an HV multiplier the device runs but power is likely to be minimal. To get really good results you have to ramp up the voltage quite a bit. More is better. You can use a cheap ZVS/flyback and this will get you around 30KV but can't be used with an external multiplier. Unknown as of this time if this is enough voltage for good results.

3. Insulation becomes an increasing problem beyond the first 10KV or so. Things you wouldn't think conduct do. Any bare surfaces become candidates for little HV leaks all over the place. Troubleshooting in complete darkness is useful.

4. The antenna really is best built from very fine wire, 0.25mm or so. It doesn't have to be in a line. You can zigzag it, crisscross it back over itself, make a grid, a spiral, whatever. All you really need is the surface area to capture ions.

5. An initial version PPV can be hand-built by the experimenter. Use an aluminum bolt for the anode and round it off on a grinder. Use a steel bolt for the cathode and put a nice sharp point on it. So far we think it seems to work best at a very small gap setting for maximum pulse rate. Ideal is when it goes continuously and not in discrete pulses.

6. It is best not to economize on components like caps and diodes because they will just cause you trouble later on. This is still an early version of the device and we have been told future design improvements will be released. Most of the parts from the initial build will be used in the final version but might be used at higher voltages for example.

7. If you build an HV multiplier, be sure to protect it against short-circuit damage with a series resistor that is HV rated. Value isn't critical, probably 1M or so is a reasonable choice.

Comment

• Really nice work guys!!!
            Here is my setup for today (the only time I have ).
            May continue tomorrow!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Wistiti; 01-29-2017, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• @ mwtj
              Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                Great build Twsift!!

Will you use the 500k ohm pot between the 2 mirror circuit?

I may have some spare time to work on mine tomorrow.
                Nevermind.
                Last edited by Mwtj; 01-28-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                  Yes, I think it would work fine. The difficulty lies in rectifying it, you would need a large stack of high-speed diodes to reach whatever kilovolt rating the coil can put out. But if my understanding is correct it really doesn't matter what form of circuit generates the dipole. It just needs to be something capable of putting out tens of kilovolts to hundreds of kilovolts DC and a small output current for a modest power requirement. The PVM12 is only good for 10-20 watts, obviously a Tesla coil could deliver much more depending on what size coil you use. But the trick is to get maximum output power for minimum input power, and the role of the HVM is just to attract opposite charges from the environment so the power needs should be modest. If it's drawing a lot of power then something is wrong. Again, Bruce can correct me if I'm off base with my assumptions.
                  Yes, this is correct.

Comment

• OK, tightening up the build quality of the HV section. Wood anywhere close to HV is not good. Standoff distances are going to have to be close to 2 inches to reach higher voltages. I made the HVM on a separate baseplate from the PPV/cap section, so I can drop-in a replacement HVM section with the PVM12 and multiplier stacks when it's ready. I also took the brass brackets to the belt sander and rounded off the corners to reduce corona.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Energy

You guys get five stars for the layout looks great but any idea on power .lighting a light bulb is good but hi frequency can give out light without heat . how hot is the bulb ? Will a light meter give a clue to power ? Is this like cold electricity . which will run motors like teals patens aluded to.

Comment

• Pdf

The only thing I can think of off hand is a new string with only the cherry picked posts with the essential information only. there by consolidating and up dating progress to date and because you all have your fingers in the pie you all are the only ones who know what essential means . I could guess but that's all it would be . a disservice to your efforts. Then everyone would be throwing rocks at me for screwinng things up! At that point it might be PDF able maybe under a encripic name to side step trouble. From the lords of the land aka MiB.

Comment

• Radionics, Mwtj thank you.
                          So i understand no pot is needed...
                          But wait.... .... hey! Bruce, the Light is off in your last schematic!
                          Last edited by Wistiti; 01-29-2017, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Tonight's progress: more-or-less completion of the HV side (need to figure out a good way to mount the meters), and measuring the actual antenna current. Measured 0.25 mA using the analog meter while driving device with ZVS at 24V input. This represents ~7W of power at 26KV. No light on the bulbs with either one bulb or two, but of course one secondary is now charging the cap bank so this represents a load. Cap bank pre-charged to 12V and no looping tested. Spark is a brilliant pure white.

Full resolution images:
                            http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPT7TzX...P4YZejTB4y3Bm9
                            http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmSXEwjG...GzvQHTMNaDs7d8

Short test video:
                            http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmYkLQ5w...baEhLefRAsMmfo
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                              Tonight's progress: more-or-less completion of the HV side (need to figure out a good way to mount the meters), and measuring the actual antenna current. Measured 0.25 mA using the analog meter while driving device with ZVS at 24V input. This represents ~7W of power at 26KV. No light on the bulbs with either one bulb or two, but of course one secondary is now charging the cap bank so this represents a load. Cap bank pre-charged to 12V and no looping tested. Spark is a brilliant pure white.

Full resolution images:
                              http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPT7TzX...P4YZejTB4y3Bm9
                              http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmSXEwjG...GzvQHTMNaDs7d8

Short test video:
                              http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmYkLQ5w...baEhLefRAsMmfo

Hey Tswift; it is me or your secondary is far from your primary??

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                                Radionics, Mwtj thank you.
                                So i understand no pot is needed...
                                But wait.... .... hey! Bruce, the Light is off in your last schematic!
                                Doh, the switich isn't closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X