• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don Smith replication & Thane Heins & Kapanadze plans

Originally posted by penno64 View Post
    Hi Kurt,

Nice to see you here.

Have you made more progress on the REGENERATION (Hanes) gear?

If you're looking for someone to replicate your DS stuff, drop me an PM or just post it.

Have a good one,

Penno
    Thanks man i appreciate the welcome
    Oh jeez i cant wait to build a massive vehicle-driving perepiteia/Thane Heins. I want to use a more functional horsepower motor, plus have HV coils that read in the hundreds of volts, not just 30 something volts
    But the Don Smith was actually on the list first, & with electricity going up here, im eager to work on this one.
    I also have what looks like the full schematic for the Kapanadze 9volt single pulse self-running 3-5kw deal. not the JLN.
    Never lost faith in Don, his is simply a magnetic induction version of PATENT 336,961 & 336,962 being the improvement.
    Kapa has even said he used a Tesla design Lol
    The ONLY missing piece to the kapa is the k561 hex inverter, what that is & how to connect it. Then i will test the Kapa that SR193 & FreenergyLT have built.
    I will make a schematic of the present state of my DS, but just never made one for this build, just used Teslas old 1880 something drawings but using induction instead of the armature...very easy, just tuning is not obvious to the eye, & just like the radio station, a bit over or below & it wont work.
    I owe my results to the closeness in weight in copper of L1 & 2, not so much the length of wire, but im always learning.
    * so ultimately big deal, you may go thru a bunch of L1s to find the right tune, but i think tuning could be done with perfect lengths alone to resonante, then use storage/smoothing caps somehow except caps have only diminished output for me so far... more experiments will tell:J
    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
    In the expert's mind there are few.
    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Originally posted by zilano
      Hi kurt!

i havent made any vids till now. i want people to strive and learn and use brains first. coz if u give knowledge as a throwaway replicators can replicate easily but they wont know the idea and the basic behind the dons technology. let people learn. give them knowledge. but let people try it first themselves. i will be posting vids also but this is not right time. lets see no no members replicate with knowledge gained on here.lets see some progress !

though i have posted my crude circuit. my first attempt circuit which gave 250 v dc 2.5 kw output with 12 volt 120 watt input on here. i fine tuned it and scaled up to 10 kw 230-250 ac 50 hz.

regards

zilano zeis zane
      Wow buddy, cant wait to see that monster in action
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Hi Kurt!

To get overunity the input must be low(thin primary-high impedance) and secondary output(low impedance) high amps. this is the magic behind dons circuits. but don never disclosed this magic trick. people who saw dons designs made primary thick and secondary thin they had failures in output power. underunity. or unity. i call this REVERSE TESLA COIL. MAKE primary as secondary and secondary as primary. kapanadse got this idea and u can see his green box coil is based on don circuit. see my attachment in one of my posts dons smith pdf dated 1994 bottom circuit. the 6A coil 6 turns is same as dons circuit.

regards

zilano zeis zane
        very cool, yes im trying all different combinations
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Hi there!

How do you guys ground these setups on the output side?
          Using a extra grounding rod? Don shows a diodecapacitor to keep the voltage on the output high, any experiences with this?

I'm still thinking not using a sparkgap but a sa to keep voltage and currents at a usable maximum on the primairy coil. A sg generates more power but with these amplifications on power output it seems to me that we could do with less output.. 150watt input and 10kw output... Pff if i can fry potatos i'm already happy

Also should the power cap bank be of a specific type?

Br,
          Webmug

Comment

zilano and mr. clean,

Did you use some special technique when using different gauge/type wire to get resonance between them, like measuring length, or weighing the wire to get 1/4 the size? Or did you just use caps only to bring them into resonance? I rebuilt my primary using the same wire as my secondary both are thin now and I seem to be getting better results. My second set of coils are drying now and will work on them later today. Will try thicker gauge output on my second set of coils this weekend. Thanks for your help guys

Comment

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
              The ONLY missing piece to the kapa is the k561 hex inverter, what that is & how to connect it. Then i will test the Kapa that SR193 & FreenergyLT have built.
              Hi mr.clean,

The Russian K561 IC family corresponds to the CMOS 4000 IC family. There are further letters and numbers in the type designation so you have to know it to pick an equivalent CD4000 type.
              My earlier findings showed that K561LA7 was involved which is exactly a CD4011. Others say it is k561LN2 which is a CD4069, a hex inverter indeed, (the CD4011 is a hex NAND gate).

Because the K561 is believed to function as an astable RC oscillator at 50 Hertz, any of the two CMOS ICs can be used of course. Here is a supposed schematics on the 50 Hz square wave oscillator:
              vapaaenergia.phpbb.fi • katso viestiketjua - Georgialaisen maapatteri and go down to the middle of that long page.

Here is info on the K561 IC series:
              Sowjetische CMOS-Schaltkreise

(Of course some rules for the CMOS handling and operating should be observed like all the unused INPUT pins of the CMOS IC should be tied to the most negative supply voltage i.e. to that of pin 7.)

Gyula

Comment

Winding mode

Hi Zilano:

Thanks for your info. In your "reverse Tesla coil" used as stepdown transformer are you doing bifiliar winding on primary(80 turns) or secondary(5 turns) or simple winding?
                Antoher question: Is it your custom nst driver generating sine waves or pulses?

Comment

@zilano,

I have simulated the primair with a surge arrestor, when the primairy is in resonance the current builds between primairy capacitor and coil, pulsed with a nst. The surge arrestor does not work like a sparkgap and only limits voltage on a maxmum. With a nst and 4000v 30mAmps i simulated 2amps at 200v swinging through the primairy. So constant em field applied to the L2 coils.

I'm waiting for parts to test this.

So you have the nst sparking on a reverse teslacoil and you directly have more power on this output? Thus having high freq with 110 volts and high amps? How do you lower this output freq? Or is this coil on a 60hz lower freq harmonic resonating?

Br,
                  Webmug

Comment

frequency downgrading: from khz to hz

u can use resistor or caps across secondary. but u must know voltage and amps for resistor so u can use proper wattage of resistor. if u using caps then u must know output voltage.

use page 23 of handbook of electronic tables book uploaded by me in one of my posts. there u find reactance chart.
                    WRONG

A lonely parallel resistor is not changing the frequency.
                    It is DRIVEN by the coil
                    Test it yourself, run a motor and use different parallel resistor values to one generator coil. Will that change the frequency you measure in the generator circuit across the resistor or the load?
                    Complete BS.

Comment

So the only ways are to charge a cap bank and use a sparkgap to get a bang at 60 hz or to use an inverter setup?

Br,
                      Webmug

Comment

Hi zilano

its sounds like a transverter by hector....but with HV
                        can u upload ur schematics more clearly ? please ??
                        i am very interested.. thanks & keep posting brother

sorry my bad english

Comment

Well, I did the reverse tesla coil, and now the output voltage is 450v and i'm getting a slight glow out of a 120v 6watt bulb, which is better then I was getting before However I don't have the capacitors to bring my coils down to 35khz. I could only get them down to 385khz. Would building a bigger coil help or would I have to throw more input to it?, I was only throwing 12.6v .30amps at it and pulsing the flyback with about 5.8khz dc 50% duty load. Still playing.

Comment

Hi there!

RESISTOR IS NOT LONELY. ITS IN RESONANCE TOO.( and inductors
                            have capacitance too)

the graph u plotted by u is not a resonating circuit. nomograph is based on resonance circuits. where xc=xL.
                            DO READ!
                            Again, you are driving the secondary of a transformer with a 30 kHz frequency.
                            The self resonance frequency of the secondary coil is in the Mega-Hertz range due to the very small inter-winding capacitance in the piko- to nanofarad range.
                            So first you will never hit resonance at all like this and second
                            even if you did, a parallel resistor does not magically change the driven and dominant frequency in the secondary circuit to 50/60 Hertz.
                            You simply don't know what you are talking about.
                            This is driven oscillator 101. The driving voltage will be across that resistor.

I did even try this experimentally with a resonant circuit back in the Don Smith hype days, because he came up with that frequency-correction resistor disinfo, and it does not work. Do the experiment, see for yourself. Don't just quote Smith.

Comment

Hi there!

WELL turns thickness and gauge and length dont matter all matters is rightt caps
                              u can oscillate 1 inch of wire at 30 khz( not natural frequency of coil) but LC combination. frequency changes when c attached to coil. so here we oscillating combination not just a coil.
                              moreover LCR meter tells c also of coil. add it to the oecillating parameter so total c is value is suitable for the applied frequency. frequency will remain same and not shoot to mhz !

i have not used natural resonant frequency of coils. we r feeding oscillating power so we force resonate coils. when caps added resonant frequency of coil changes.

we make L slave with capacitor and make it oscillate and dance on 30 khz in my case.and whole circuit dances at 30 khz.

regards

zilano zeis zane

lets understand
                              oscillatory dance!
                              In #145 you stated:
                              frequency downgrading: from khz to hz

u can use resistor or caps across secondary. but u must know voltage and amps for resistor so u can use proper wattage of resistor. if u using caps then u must know output voltage.
                              And in your following post, you also referred to a resistor without an additional cap.

Of course you can change the resonance frequency of the secondary circuit with additional caps. My point is a single resistor will not do it alone.
                              Smith was wrong about this.

Comment

dont worry abt frequency keep it as it is. and dont use cap it will increase voltage.

congrtats! u r learning well!
                                What do yo mean by don't use cap? With out a caps i can't match resonance.

and thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X