No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved the schematic for my files so put it here too.
    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by promt View Post
      They believe the project's finished and they gave enough information to make it self-running (no video with measurements though), and as I know they're up to new project, not connected to Smith.
      cool, actually that looked like the Smith with a toroid stack for step-down transformer. i dont speak the language tho

and the small details which are new are in line with the old transistor radio circuits....hehe and matter of fact im planning some really cool stuff with my spare B&W coils involving identical radio battery-LESS reciever circuits...

i have noticed he has multiple channels, anywy lets hope he never stops creating
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
        cool, actually that looked like the Smith with a toroid stack for step-down transformer. i dont speak the language tho

and the small details which are new are in line with the old transistor radio circuits....hehe and matter of fact im planning some really cool stuff with my spare B&W coils involving identical radio battery-LESS reciever circuits...

i have noticed he has multiple channels, anywy lets hope he never stops creating
        Unfortunately when SG involved it's not possible to make correct measurements with regular meters (at least for me), that's why he's trying to prove a hi-current output with wire heating (others doing it with lightbulbs).
        And he's complaining - weak transformer, bad ground, bad antenna, diodes getting very hot, so the whole setup actually could be made better, but I like the idea of getting the antenna and ground in this way to get the potential of "outside" energy (and it's huge) to be involved.
        Anyway, it still have HF output, which has to be transformed in input range, which's not shown yet, they just discussing how it's gonna be (other transformer, caps, inverter, etc).
        So, it's not over yet.

Comment

• Dont they have TV or Radio in Russia?

A sparkgap like that in line with an antenna will surely knock of any TVs, radios and mobilephones in the area as it acts like a transmitter?

And what is the NTC on the stepdown primary doing?
          If its getting hot it will kill the resonance in the stepdown?

Comment

• Anyone here understands russian so that he can make a translation for others please?
            Thanks for sharing that schematic.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
              Dont they have TV or Radio in Russia?

A sparkgap like that in line with an antenna will surely knock of any TVs, radios and mobilephones in the area as it acts like a transmitter?

And what is the NTC on the stepdown primary doing?
              If its getting hot it will kill the resonance in the stepdown?
              Thanks Prompt

and Janost what if the device was inside faraday cage / grounded metal box/ or EM shielding, could that not be dealt with?

wait till you all see my new spark-gap... hehe !!!

and the BiTT.... holy crap, hang on to your eyesight to believe it...

coming later today
              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• [QUOTE=mr.clean;213506]Thanks Prompt

and Janost what if the device was inside faraday cage / grounded metal box/ or EM shielding, could that not be dealt with?
                QUOTE]

The antenna would still be outside the cage or?
                Any wiring would still be outside the cage.

Comment

• [QUOTE=janost;213509]
                  Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                  Thanks Prompt

QUOTE]

The antenna would still be outside the cage or?
                  Any wiring would still be outside the cage.
                  or ground....

Comment

• [QUOTE=boguslaw;213517]
                    Originally posted by janost View Post

or ground....
                    yes, I would prefer ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                      Saved the schematic for my files so put it here too.
                      From Donald L. Smith :

Comment

• new vid

hi everyone, got some new stuff about the Bitoroid....very... interesting.

hehe... golden egg?? i dont wanna speak too soon, but this looks like "it" ... the "it" we have been searching for. I think i did all i could to show input and output readings and the behaviour of the 3 circuits during operation.
                        The idea is to use this as a HV driver for my big Don Smith device board. one thing at a time, but that is the reason for combined designs
                        Input is 12v fixed @ .5amp
                        Output measured at 30v @ .47amp
                        2.93Khz resonant tuned
                        L1 29.5mH and 100nF
                        L2's 178mH and 17nF on each
                        Even at resonance, the output was increased even further with use of the Bitoroid.
                        (Heins Effect).

39C Don Smith Device Project: Bitoroid HV Resonant Drive Transformer Tune and Testing - YouTube

more to come with the Smith board as well....
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• I would like to replicate, where did you get your ferrite toroids.
                          Thanks
                          dave
                          Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• another new vid more measurements

39D Don Smith Device Project: BiToroid Resonant Driver, More Measurements - YouTube
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• wow very very nice man, seems like u have the right touch with building overunity devices
                              energy mafia lost a slave
                              The 2 toroid halves going through the center primary have higher reluctance than the others? Where did u order these toroids?
                              Kind regards,
                              main

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                              hi everyone, got some new stuff about the Bitoroid....very... interesting.

hehe... golden egg?? i dont wanna speak too soon, but this looks like "it" ... the "it" we have been searching for. I think i did all i could to show input and output readings and the behaviour of the 3 circuits during operation.
                              The idea is to use this as a HV driver for my big Don Smith device board. one thing at a time, but that is the reason for combined designs
                              Input is 12v fixed @ .5amp
                              Output measured at 30v @ .47amp
                              2.93Khz resonant tuned
                              L1 29.5mH and 100nF
                              L2's 178mH and 17nF on each
                              Even at resonance, the output was increased even further with use of the Bitoroid.
                              (Heins Effect).

39C Don Smith Device Project: Bitoroid HV Resonant Drive Transformer Tune and Testing - YouTube

more to come with the Smith board as well....

Comment

• Originally posted by mainsen View Post
                                wow very very nice man, seems like u have the right touch with building overunity devices
                                energy mafia lost a slave
                                The 2 toroid halves going through the center primary have higher reluctance than the others? Where did u order these toroids?
                                Kind regards,
                                main
                                LOL well idk about that, but i think most ppl give up or dont try all possibilities when building things. or use incorrect materials.

but i have built a bunch of stuff that doesnt work too

But what i do show is totally legit and no tricks, and given the exact parts, could be very easily duplicated

Yes it seems that the extra flux paths are in fact keeping the bemf from the primary, but the primary was not completely unaffected, when resonance occured, the resistance in the primary behaves differently when you have a certain duty cycle on the driver.
                                With the duty cycle wanting to drive a constant flow and the impedance being so high at resonance you only need a fraction of the duty to get the results without. But keeping the duty cycle set throughout the range of freqs will give a boost like no other.
                                And the output at resonance of the BiToroid significantly surpassed the best acheived output of the standard transformer.

There was in issue with saturation tho, there is a limit to the size, but the bulbs will go brighter than the video, but at the risk of overvolting the bulbs
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X