No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, If I have 38khz coming out of the flyback, and I have the induction in henry's of my primary. Then what again is the calculation for the cap farads I need?

Comment

• That calculator will not allow me to enter 38khz in it. It only allows me to enter the induction and the capacitance to give me frequency. Am I correct in saying that if I have a parallel spark gap it will not fire unless I have resonance between the fly back and the primary? If thats so then please refer to my post #293. I can't go that low. So my spark gap will never fire if my coil primary resonance is 400khz and my flyback is coming at 38khz. Lol, maybe I'm just beyond confused.

Comment

• Sorry, calc does give cap value, my L is 37.7 micro henry's so it says I need a cap that is 4.74e+5 pico farads in order to get a resonance of 38khz. So, back to the I don't have a big enough capacitor problem.

Comment

• yes resonance is needed between ur fly back n primary. if u got it with series spark gap then just use welding rods in pvc tube and insert inside primary.
          I didn't have resonance between flyback and primary. I had resonance between primary and secondary. And with a series spark gap, it doesn't matter how you charge the cap, the coil won't be taking all the energy. I charged the cap with a 5khz pulse from the flyback.

Comment

• so use ur oldsetup and use ferrite rods. and series spark gap.
            But I thought you said:

very important
            the position of spark gap in my circuit is important. dont use spark gap in series. caps must be parallel with primary and a spark gap in parallel before LC combination. if u change spark gap position all u will be getting induction power which is always under unity and we dont want that.
            I don't want underunity

Comment

• zilano,

Ok, will add that to the list of things to try. Thank you

Comment

• omg!
                thats why i was thinking why ur bulb not lighting brighter. u were feeding with low train pulse and that not in resonance with flyback and coil.
                ok u got it
                Yeah

Only ferrite rods I have laying around are 1 inch long and 6mm in diameter. Lol, Can I tape them in one long rod?

Also I have a TON of coils and time. Would this scenerio work:

A 5khz train from the flyback to a 1:1 Air core (series spark gap) to a Step Down Air core (parallel spark gap). All coils in resonance except flyback?

I will also try old setup with ferrite if taping 1inch rods together will work. I just don't have everything I need so I'm trying to make due.

Comment

• zilano,

Seriously though, thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by drak View Post
                    Mike,

I have many different coils made, I Have used 22,26,17,14,10, and am now working on a multi stranded wire made of (6) 14 gauge strands, the number of turns I haven't really counted but they are all different number of turns just to test. my best results were with a 22 gauge primary (magnet wire) and a 14 gauge secondary (normal house wire). But that was series spark gap, am now working on getting the spark gap in parallel.

Gauge:
                    22 - magnet wire
                    26 - magnet wire
                    17 - aluminum electric fence wire
                    14 - normal house wire
                    10 - normal house wire
                    Thanks Drak. HV, HC & HF circuits are another world vs conventional 60hz circuits (reading Zilano's early posts on RL circuits at HF...Wow). The "skin effect" of the conductors at 35khz and the 4kv high voltage really limits our choses of wire types.

I will try out some stranded HV neon sign wire for my primary. Hopefully it will work. Not much info on what Kapanadze used but there was a closeup of his sparkgap that showed blue NST wires that was matched his primary blue colored coil.

Selfrunning Free Energy devices up to 5 KW from Tariel Kapanadze

Cheers Mike
                    Last edited by vrand; 08-17-2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                      hi folks

must watch! for who have plans for megawatts designs( coil glimpse)

courtesy (http://.rutube.ru)

åÝÅ ÏÄÉÎ ÓÐÏÓÏ ÓÎÑÔÉÑ ÜÎÅÒÇÉÉ Ó çôâí :: ÷Ù ÓÍÏÔÒÉÔÅ ËÁÎÁÌ: destine :: :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube*

regards

zilanno zeis zane!
                      Yes, that flat plate spiral coil would make lots of amps for output in the "reverse tesla coil" design

But the secondary inside coil wire looks like standard 30 guage mag wire and could not take 4kv input from the NST due to insulation breakdown voltage?

Cheers Mike

Comment

Mike,

I have many different coils made, I Have used 22,26,17,14,10, and am now working on a multi stranded wire made of (6) 14 gauge strands, the number of turns I haven't really counted but they are all different number of turns just to test. my best results were with a 22 gauge primary (magnet wire) and a 14 gauge secondary (normal house wire). But that was series spark gap, am now working on getting the spark gap in parallel.

Gauge:
                        22 - magnet wire
                        26 - magnet wire
                        17 - aluminum electric fence wire
                        14 - normal house wire
                        10 - normal house wire
                        Hi Drak

I like your primary 22 gauge coil being spaced far enough from each other so as not to arc across each other from the 4kv NST input

So the secondary coil is 5 CW and 5 CCW with center tap, or just 10 turns one way if not doing the CW/CCW method?

Cheers Mike

Comment

• High Voltage Diodes

Hi Zilano,

Am just getting all the coils , caps, Sg's etc together and am having trouble finding High Voltage Diodes . I had some old micro wave oven diodes kicking around here someplace, if I can find them again. Will these MO diodes work --These diodes are rated at 12kv and 550ma? --I'm afraid that the current rating might be too low though. What do you think? -I'll be using also a 9v dc neon tube transformer modual out of an old neon sign from a bar that was shaped like a Martini glass --I'm guestimating that it will put out , maybe 3kv -judging by the length of the neon tube and the spark length.
                          Thanks again for all the valuable info you have given us and am looking forward to trying this out soon.---Paul

Comment

• Mike,

I like your primary 22 gauge coil being spaced far enough from each other so as not to arc across each other from the 4kv NST input
                            if my spark gap is shorter then the spacing on the wire turns it self then there is no possible way it could spark. plus the enamel covering on the mag wire helps a little too.
                            And that coil is just for tests, no OU with it yet, so don't copy it and think it is the proper way to do it. I guess what Zilano means by bifilar is two coils wound opposite directions sitting next to each other.

Paul,

am having trouble finding High Voltage Diodes
                            Diodes can be strung in series to give you higher voltage. If you do them in parallel then you get higher amps. Do both and you got a nice high voltage higher amp diode.
                            Last edited by drak; 08-17-2011, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Mike,

if my spark gap is shorter then the spacing on the wire turns it self then there is no possible way it could spark. plus the enamel covering on the mag wire helps a little too.
                              And that coil is just for tests, no OU with it yet, so don't copy it and think it is the proper way to do it. I guess what Zilano means by bifilar is two coils wound opposite directions sitting next to each other.

Hi Drak

Thanks for the info. Zilano posted that bifilar coil design which showed the coils are spaced apart from the center and wound CW/CCW to the ends.

On another note, if we feed 4000 volts ac into a coil with 80 turns = 50 volts per turn

Does that mean the insulation on the coil wire only needs to be insulated to 50 volts?

Cheers Mike
                              Last edited by vrand; 08-17-2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Does that mean the insulation on the coil wire only needs to be insulated to 50 volts?
                                My intuitive answer would be you are correct. But I'm no expert in transformers by any means so I can't answer that.

Comment

Working...
                                X