No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A technical explaination of the Don Smith device?

[QUOTE=T-1000;212994]

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a282289.pdf

[QUOTE]

I read this (as much as i was able) and this looks like the foundation for explaining the DS in technical terms. It seems to me that the DS device operates in the Resonator Mode. To understand the Resonator Mode, see Figure 6 on page 25 of the document which is page 32 of the PDF along with the text and equations.

The text and explanation of the equations sets out a theoretic framework to engineer a replication that might approach what DS did. I'd like to know if you see what I saw when I read the document.

Would you be able to say whether the DS device was operating in the resonant region based on the formulas in this paper?
    There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

• the goods... as promised

... hehe well i am impressed anyway...
      A replication of Thane Heins's Bi-Toroid (BiTT)
      He did much of his research out of Ottawa university, if that gives him some credit
      Anyway he has removed all his sweet R&D and the BiTT videos are gone as well, but yes there are still some who "downloaded from youtube" as i did, (wow what a great feature eh?)

Alright, to explain what is happening according to the inventor, and i agree,
      (my understanding)...
      The flux in the core of any transformer is much the same as electricity.
      Current wants to find the path of least "resistance"... well, flux (changing polarity inside transformer) wants to find the path of least "reluctance".

...So you add extra paths for it to travel, and you add another dummy secondary on load which helps feed the output secondary with B-emf.
      ...That B-emf would have normally returned to the primary, lowering its impedance and would cause it to draw more current to maintain the voltage across the load of the secondary.
      ...instead, the b-emf of each secondary compliments one another, and never returns to the primary winding.
      ...the result is real active power, derived from reactive power only. no power was consumed by primary. all power is returned on the next half-cycle.

as for the efficiency... no-one would believe my calculations, so using Ohm's law, you all can take your best guesses

and btw, the ramp up wave form was an added pleasant surprise, only found at 1.22khz, very acheivable

here is a part 2 for the last vid.
      With improved wire connections, I am now measuring the volts across primary coil, and in the same clip wanted to show the volts across the load.
      I also got a better reading this time on the bulb as i clipped onto the bulb rather than the magnet wire.
      I know that reading only volts on an open circuit can be vague and inaccurate, BUT when you measure volts across a running load, and the light gets brighter along with higher readings, then you may really have something
      Especially when the exact opposite "should've" happened
      Anyone wondering, the meter i used was a Velleman hand scope about $250cdn, it is VERY accurate ...
      ...and the results here...VERY COOL....

part 1 output on and off dummy secondary load
      39A Don Smith Device Project: Incorporating Heins Bi-Toroid Technology - YouTube

part 2 input reading and more solid connections
      39B Don Smith Device Project: Incorporating Heins Bi-Toroid Technology part 2 - YouTube
      Last edited by mr.clean; 11-01-2012, 02:43 AM.
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• [QUOTE=wayne.ct;213127][QUOTE=T-1000;212994]

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a282289.pdf

Would you be able to say whether the DS device was operating in the resonant region based on the formulas in this paper?
        holy crap man, good one!
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
          ... hehe well i am impressed anyway...
          A replication of Thane Heins's Bi-Toroid (BiTT)
          He did much of his research out of Ottawa university, if that gives him some credit
          Anyway he has removed all his sweet R&D and the BiTT videos are gone as well, but yes there are still some who "downloaded from youtube" as i did, (wow what a great feature eh?)

Alright, to explain what is happening according to the inventor, and i agree,
          (my understanding)...
          The flux in the core of any transformer is much the same as electricity.
          Current wants to find the path of least "resistance"... well, flux (changing polarity inside transformer) wants to find the path of least "reluctance".

...So you add extra paths for it to travel, and you add another dummy secondary on load which helps feed the output secondary with B-emf.
          ...That B-emf would have normally returned to the primary, lowering its impedance and would cause it to draw more current to maintain the voltage across the load of the secondary.
          ...instead, the b-emf of each secondary compliments one another, and never returns to the primary winding.
          ...the result is real active power, derived from reactive power only. no power was consumed by primary. all power is returned on the next half-cycle.

as for the efficiency... no-one would believe my calculations, so using Ohm's law, you all can take your best guesses

and btw, the ramp up wave form was an added pleasant surprise, only found at 1.22khz, very acheivable

here is a part 2 for the last vid.
          With improved wire connections, I am now measuring the volts across primary coil, and in the same clip wanted to show the volts across the load.
          I also got a better reading this time on the bulb as i clipped onto the bulb rather than the magnet wire.
          I know that reading only volts on an open circuit can be vague and inaccurate, BUT when you measure volts across a running load, and the light gets brighter along with higher readings, then you may really have something
          Especially when the exact opposite "should've" happened
          Anyone wondering, the meter i used was a Velleman hand scope about $250cdn, it is VERY accurate ...
          ...and the results here...VERY COOL....

part 1 output on and off dummy secondary load
          39A Don Smith Device Project: Incorporating Heins Bi-Toroid Technology - YouTube

part 2 input reading and more solid connections
          39B Don Smith Device Project: Incorporating Heins Bi-Toroid Technology part 2 - YouTube
          he....llo.... ? did everyone vanish?
          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• vanished ? not so

Hello Mr.Clean !
            Interesting approach with the BiTT thing.
            Thanks for sharing your findings with us all.

@wayne.ct
            It IS an resonant energy system.Don stated it so many times .
            Just have a look at his book/e-book title: Resonance Energy Methods.
            Best Regards.
            << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• Hey mr. clean,
              nope, reading all your posts and watching ur videos with great interest, thank u very much for all that information u are sharing with us.
              Some years ago i also built the Thane Heins's Bi-Toroid Transfromer, but had no good results with it, almost no power at the output coils. I think the problem was i made the core myself using black iron oxide and epoxy resin respectively iron oxide plus little bit of iron powder, and that gave me not enough permeability for sufficient magnetic coupling. Maybe my layout also was too large with not enough cross section. Or the ratio of reluctance was not good. Perhaps i will give it another try somewhen, but at the moment im busy with don stuff and other projects.
              Ordered wire today for a new coil build.
              Also i want to try T-1000 style of driving Tesla coil with 1/4 of its resonant frequency on L1, as im actually building a setup that includes 2-3 small Tesla coils.
              Kind regards,
              main

Comment

• Originally posted by mainsen View Post
                Hey mr. clean,
                nope, reading all your posts and watching ur videos with great interest, thank u very much for all that information u are sharing with us.
                Some years ago i also built the Thane Heins's Bi-Toroid Transfromer, but had no good results with it, almost no power at the output coils. I think the problem was i made the core myself using black iron oxide and epoxy resin respectively iron oxide plus little bit of iron powder, and that gave me not enough permeability for sufficient magnetic coupling. Maybe my layout also was too large with not enough cross section. Or the ratio of reluctance was not good. Perhaps i will give it another try somewhen, but at the moment im busy with don stuff and other projects.
                Ordered wire today for a new coil build.
                Also i want to try T-1000 style of driving Tesla coil with 1/4 of its resonant frequency on L1, as im actually building a setup that includes 2-3 small Tesla coils.
                Kind regards,
                main
                Yeah with such importance on core flux and efficiency, a 100Mhz rated toroid is tough to make a better one than the factory can.
                3 coil Tesla setup, Cool do it up man, and you cant go wrong if you take T1000's advice
                And hey it would be sweet to see someone actually make use of the "extra coil" which Tesla used (the same width as primary, but as tall as secondary) and described best by Tesla himself

...."excessive EMF's can be generated by use of my "extra" coil".....

in the first 50 pages of the book: Colorado Springs notes 1899-1900
                Last edited by mr.clean; 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• interesting quote right out of wiki

Electrical resonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....''Resonant circuits exhibit ringing and can generate higher voltages and currents than are fed into them. They are widely used in wireless (radio) transmission for both transmission and reception ''....

hey, i realize its wiki... but i'll take 2 of whatever this "resonance" thing is described here

And to let you all know, i have some more new findings with the biToroid... and the Smith board.... coming soon
                  Last edited by mr.clean; 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM.
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Electrical resonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....''Resonant circuits exhibit ringing and can generate higher voltages and currents than are fed into them. They are widely used in wireless (radio) transmission for both transmission and reception ''....

hey, i realize its wiki... but i'll take 2 of whatever this "resonance" thing is described here

And to let you all know, i have some more new findings with the biToroid... and the Smith board.... coming soon
                    Hey, Kurt
                    Are you being ironic or sarcastic?

If you ring any transformer you have more than COP1 energy.
                    It doesnt have to be any bi, tri, fi or whatever strange windings.

Its like when you strike a bell.
                    A ringup phenomena.

The thing is to extract the energy without disturbing the oscillations.
                    The only way to do that is to tune in to the frequency like a radio.

It really doesnt matter if its 50hz, 50khz or 50mhz but higher frequencys contains more energy.

You had it with your 2 ignitioncoils without knowing it.
                    Last edited by janost; 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                      Hey, Kurt
                      Are you being ironic or sarcastic?

If you ring any transformer you have more than COP1 energy.
                      It doesnt have to be any bi, tri, fi or whatever strange windings.

Its like when you strike a bell.
                      A ringup phenomena.

The thing is to extract the energy without disturbing the oscillations.
                      The only way to do that is to tune in to the frequency like a radio.

It really doesnt matter if its 50hz, 50khz or 50mhz but higher frequencys contains more energy.

You had it with your 2 ignitioncoils without knowing it.
                      hehe yes you're preachin to the choir, im onboard with resonant energy very much so

i was being funny the wiki quote, it is amusing to me how "matter of fact" it states it. but i am already convinced of it.

the link earlier posted by T1000 and Wayne about the "declassified MilitaryTesla Coil Doc"
                      is absolutely the coolest thing ive read in a long time.

experts of the modern world were investigating the feasibility of what they termed REB (Relativistic Electron Beam) weaponry.
                      They found that the diodes they were using were to fragile along with what actually would work for a hand-held energy beam weapons.

most importantly they uncovered key points (dealing with tuning) that Tesla and todays Russian builders were doing right, and why so many others have failed in the correct efficiency. And have to overwhelm losses by increasing input, etc...

"it actually takes a very small level of energy to create extremely high levels in the order of Megavolts, but ALSO the processing of high average power levels.
                      The latter being appropriate for Relativistic Energy Beam weapons by repetitively pulsing a channel thru the air, example, Hole-boring"...

and much dealing with true 1/4 and Standing waves in their role of this extraordinary power.

a must read
                      Last edited by mr.clean; 11-03-2012, 11:20 PM.
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Yes i liked your link. very good reading.

I have about Q=2 in my setup (ringdown halves every cycle)
                        i did not choose this and it is because of capacitor and coil being off some percent due to component tolerances and the fact that I run it from wall-AC power and 50Hz.

On the other hand if I was spot on with the frequency the Q would skyrocket and things would start to smoke or flash over.

Better be safe than sorry

Comment

• The last video from Dynatron:
                          CE ПОСЛЕДНИЙ ФИЛЬМ - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                            The last video from Dynatron:
                            Thanks, Dynatron, it's perfectly make sense to inject energy in the system by open "outside" circuitry (ground-oscillatory contour-antenna), but how should I reduce output's frequency, say, for household applications, coz by reducing freq I'm losing power output too.
                            Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                              The last video from Dynatron:
                              what does this mean, no more Dynatron?

what is he saying there?

Судя по всему это последний фильм....! .....means.... "apparently this is the last movie...!"
                              Last edited by mr.clean; 11-04-2012, 11:08 PM.
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

what does this mean, no more Dynatron?
                                what is he saying there?
                                Судя по всему это последний фильм....! .....means.... "apparently this is the last movie...!"
                                They believe the project's finished and they gave enough information to make it self-running (no video with measurements though), and as I know they're up to new project, not connected to Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X