Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kacher/lenz

Hey guys, here is a video of my kacher and collector circuit April 26, 2012 8:31 PM - YouTube Its not quite right yet, as in it doesnt act exactly like Woopy's or like Lenz's circuit, but it does work none the less. I think one thing is the batteries, cause I can't collect with the plate between them and Im sure there are other differences. Just wanted to show that it is really simple and will be a great learning tool. Thank you Lenz for sharing.

Nolan
    Last edited by kajunkreations; 04-27-2012, 01:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by kajunkreations View Post
      Hey guys, here is a video of my kacher and collector circuit April 26, 2012 8:31 PM - YouTube Its not quite right yet, as in it doesnt act exactly like Woopy's or like Lenz's circuit, but it does work none the less. I think one thing is the batteries, cause I can't collect with the plate between them and Im sure there are other differences. Just wanted to show that it is really simple and will be a great learning tool. Thank you Lenz for sharing.

Nolan
      Nice job kajunkreations ! Even thought it's not quite there yet you have the basics and it's functioning. I'm sure the mismatched batteries will effect it to some degree, like using 2 mismatched caps in series. I've never used full size batteries so I don't know how that will affect things.

One thing that might make a big difference is moving the transistor circuitry close to the coil making all the wires as short as possible.

I might question the diodes as well, being HV diodes ( or an encased string of them ) they might require a fairly high voltage to pass through them - I wonder if there might be a dampening of the signal causing the oscillator to drop in frequency thus destroying the effect when the coil is grounded. I've never used that type of diode so I'm only speculating. I'm using UF4007 and/or UF5408 both fast reacting rated at 1000 volts. Being connected on the earth side they should never see that much voltage but the current can be fairly high. I've never popped the 4007s so I'm assuming it's never reached their limit of 1 amp although during long runs they do get warm.

Other than some minor modifications and a bit of tweaking I'd say your well on your way to discovery !! Great work !

Comment

• Hey dragon, I will shorten the wires, get some batteries, I just put the transistor there cause that was where stuff was in another experiment. The diodes are China made, 100ns I dont know if thats fast enough. I have tried 1000v diodes that Radio Shack sells, not sure if they are fast, but they didnt work, I also tried some schottky dioeds and they didnt work. I think that I will try some other stuff with my Don Smith setup, This effect is very similar to the DSE (don smith effect).

Nolan

Comment

• The two diodes I noted above shouldn't be confused by the 1N's with the same number, the UF's are the fast diodes and 1N's are the standard. There may not be a problem with those diodes - my only concern was the push through voltage requirement - most HV diodes need around 55 volts just to get through. They seem to work fine from what I saw in the video - just speculating on why it dumped resonance when grounded.

Comment

• I will get the diodes you use and try that out. So is 100ns considered fast enough?

Comment

• Plenty fast enough - should be fine to around 10Mhz. 1ns is one billionth of a second or .000000001 second. So 100ns would be .000000100. 1 second divided by that number will give you hz. I always get confused when dealing with such small time frames.

Comment

• Updated Image

Dragon is a wealth of information.
                Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• So if you have a good earth. Does that mean you could rewire a plug or fusebox to use the earth instead of the neutral? It wouldn't be touching the meter tamper proof seals which is normally the only way!

Comment

• Zilano (Stealing is Bad but Fun!)

Many thanks Zilano!!!! I love your new avatar.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                      @ woopy try this and have fun!

Dear folks!

sub: to learn effect of voltage and frequency charging:

low frequency low voltage slower charging higher frequency and higher voltage faster charging

when connecting to envelope of cap with neutral or cold of wall outlet ac socket. here voltage is zero and frequency is 50/60 result charging is slow.

when connecting to envelope of cap with live or hot of wall outlet ac socket. here voltage is high say 120/220/230 volts (country grid dependent ) and frequency is 50/60 result : charging is fast.

final result : we need high voltage and high frequency to harvest.

final result can be verified using setup as under.

[COLOR=blue]you can steal electricity from walloutlet AC power socket. and one can use earth or ground of the socket if u have wall outlet earth working in your wiring and if not then hammer an iron rod in ground and attach earth wire to it. those who r having cold gi(galvanised iron (water) pipes) they can be used as earth

Sorry Zilano, but charging a cap from hot to ground is essentialy the same as hot to neutral. Neutral and ground are tied together at the breaker panel. You will be charged for it.
                      Rick

Comment

• Neutral and earth are the same thing basically. We have 2 hot lines coming in from the distribution transformer on the pole both being 120 volt lines, the final connection is to earth. Both earth and neutral wires basically go to the same earthing rod - kind of redundant for safety purposes I would imagine.

It would be difficult for the meter to sense that low of a power draw but what Z posted will work. Connect a bunch of them and it would be metered. Great for powering a couple night lights maybe.

Comment

• In UK three houses have a phase of 240v. If combined 415v.

What is the purpose of the neutral being wired to the meter and then to fusebox?

Are you saying that the meter only needs flow in hot line to function?

They are not tied together at breaker board in UK.
                          Last edited by soundiceuk; 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

• I'm not familiar with how the UK deals with distribution. Current can be sensed from either hot or neutral ( amps in = amps out ).

Comment

• Know How - Recovery Time at Diodes

Originally posted by dragon View Post
                              Plenty fast enough - should be fine to around 10Mhz. 1ns is one billionth of a second or .000000001 second. So 100ns would be .000000100. 1 second divided by that number will give you hz. I always get confused when dealing with such small time frames.
                              Sorry, I have to correct!
                              The recovery time of a diode is in fact the switch delay time.

- A 100ns diode will refuse any action at 10 MHz (conforms to 100ns full periode).

- A diode is supposed to act in the half periode of an AC signal only. It will refuse therefore any action at 5 MHz (conforms to 100ns as half periode) as well.

- Any recovery time obove 1/4 frequency periode shall be avoided - in any case!!!! So we have the absolute limit of 2.5 MHz for this 100ns diode. But this is not recommended at all. If we make use of this condition we have built an AC dimmer with phase control.

- For estimation: I would suggest to convert the recovery time to frequency (1/x) and divide it by more than 8 (12 recommended). Then you have a viable operation frequency.
                              Given: 100ns = 0.1µs => 10 MHz / 8....12 = 1.25 ..... 0.833 MHz.

- For easy converting (1/x) in your mind regard: µs convert to MHz, ms convert to kHz. It is like calculation with volt and kOhm convert ot mA ......

- You can get 20ns diodes being able to handle about 5 MHz but do not head for higher frequencies. You very probably will not get components within your financial limits - HV, high amp, supoer ultra fast......

- For your better imagination see this diagram[/URL] and let the recovery time be less than Pi/4 (corresponds to factor 8 above).

- Please do not hesitate to look in the data sheets. If you do not find a recovery time there then regard the diode to be built for mains frequency only!!!

- Example: UF 5408 -> recovery time typical 75 ns @ 1A. If you apply max. current it will get slower. Same UF4007. So please calculate these diodes to have 100ns recovey time.

Please regard the hints above. I want your setups to succeed. Any weak part of a chain detemines the max. load!
                              rgds John
                              Last edited by JohnStone; 04-27-2012, 04:34 PM.
                              Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                                In UK three houses have a phase of 240v. If combined 415v.
                                What is the purpose of the neutral being wired to the meter and then to fusebox?
                                Are you saying that the meter only needs flow in hot line to function?
                                They are not tied together at breaker board in UK.
                                The neutral is used at the meters for the voltage sensing coil only. Any meter accounts for the AC current flowing through the hot wire only.
                                They trust in you that you will return the full number of electrons for free!

Same at three phases: They account for the current of all phases summed up and add in their calculation the voltage coil being connected to earth.
                                Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X