High Voltage from Thin Air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting to me

13mhz when it's a closed system, or is that the resonance peak of the 18 series?
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Another data point:

Cumulative Time (Hours): 44.75
      Cumulative Voltage Change: -0.12V

Comment

• 'Little Beams' father test data

@ Dr. Stiffler
        The experiment stabilized and I am continuing the run. Here is data so far:

DATE TIME VOLTAGE

10/20 1900hrs 6.49v

10/21 0700 6.39v

10/21 1900 6.36v

10/22 0700 6.32v

This looks OK to me. I am wondering now if maybe the battery is conditioning itself. After the experiment is over I may recharge the battery and do it again to see if the battery performance was improved or not.

@All
        My solar cell phone charger test (led light to solar cell feedback) was somewhat disappointing. The charge indicator light on the unit was giving me a false reading of what was going on inside the charger. Even though the light stayed on green the internal battery was indeed draining down. The unit automatically shut itself off when the voltage dropped to a certain level. I was getting a return of energy but it was less than it took to run the SEC.

Lidmotor
        Last edited by Lidmotor; 10-22-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Excellent work Shamus and Lidmotor !

Hopefully soon I can join in the fun when the battery comes in the mail.

I could start today, but I would have to use AA cells.

@Dr.Stiffler - Do you know how many LED's would be required for closed loop 18 volt operation? two 9volts. I wanted to try the 6 volt battery and 18 volt batteries at the same time with different 18's, I could make the 18 volt one now, while I would have to wait on the 6v one.

@Lidmotor - That SEC that you put the panel to - it was in closed mode operation, right? I'm wondering if it would work in open mode, just spam the LED's and panels...

Thanks!
          Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CosmicFarmer View Post
            Excellent work Shamus and Lidmotor !

Hopefully soon I can join in the fun when the battery comes in the mail.

I could start today, but I would have to use AA cells.

@Dr.Stiffler - Do you know how many LED's would be required for closed loop 18 volt operation? two 9volts. I wanted to try the 6 volt battery and 18 volt batteries at the same time with different 18's, I could make the 18 volt one now, while I would have to wait on the 6v one.

@Lidmotor - That SEC that you put the panel to - it was in closed mode operation, right? I'm wondering if it would work in open mode, just spam the LED's and panels...

Thanks!
            @CosmicFarmer

I think Lidmotor and Shamus will be able to prove or deny my claims so I think we are set for now.

As far as doing it with AA's or 9V batts, I don't know of any SLA's at this voltage?

The number of LED's required for different voltages can be determined from the formula in the paper on Scribd.

Comment

• Video of 'Little Beams' father setup and data sheet

Dr. Stiffler & All
              Here is a video showing my setup for the 'father' experiment. I sure hope mine runs like Doc's and Shamus's. So far so good.
              I also show my home built SEC 15-3 running on the solar cell phone charger with the led to solar cell feed back idea. I'm not done with that idea yet.

YouTube - Little Beam's Father-- 5 Day Test

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

• @Lid: I don't think you have anything to worry about. Great work, BTW.

@Doc & All: Another data point.

Cumulative Time (Hours): 68.75
                Cumulative Voltage Change: -0.17

Comment

• Would 3.1 vf LEDs work? For 18 volts the math comes out to 17 LEDs + side. I dont have a half a LED for the - side. I'm thinking just use 8?

Thanks !!

Comment

• I have also replicated the 'father' experiment, except for the battery.

My battery is a 12V, 1,3 Ah NiCd battery discarded 12 years ago, because it could not receive charge.

The battery could not be charged with an ordinary charger, but a SS Bedini charger brought it back to life.

I think it has been charged 8 times after the recovery.

It has now lit the 6+3 5mm LEDs for 36 hours on a charge, with good intensity. Nice for reading.

In numbers I had approx 2800 LUX 10cm away and 3 LUX 4 meters away where the center "high" intensity spot is approx 1.5 meter in diameter.

I have no reflector for the LEDs, so the LED "side light" offers "ambient" light also.

My home SEC18 replica consumption is 15mA@12V supply.

This is going to be a bed lamp. Thanks Doc for this excellent circuit. Combined with a small solar cell and a Lead Acid battery (no memory effect...by the way has a NiCd memory effect with this alternative charging ?), this lamp will be off-grid.

Eric

Comment

• @DrStiffler

Little Beam's Father circuit on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Began test 1 minute ago.
                      Starting volts were 6.25
                      Volts did not decrease any when switch was thrown.
                      Vf is 3.3 for large superbrights
                      No series ampmeter :-( Using clamp.
                      Clamp ammeter reads .350 amps. I don't think that is right unless I did something wrong?
                      Tuning around I can get the amp draw to .250 but lights are dim.

Same layout as "Father" but I arranged LEDs differently.
                      Spent all day looking for concave mirrors but I guess I'm just going to have to dissect a flashlight.

Observations - Excited field is much much smaller. AV Diodes will only light when within an inch of L3 instead of all around the circuit. In tuning, no "Dead spot" where lights go out, and multiple (more) peaks where lights are brighter then normal, compared to one distinct spot in the "open" system. Amp draw increases considerably the closer I come, however LED's remain largely uneffected.
                      + rail clamp amps .350
                      - rail clamp amps .650

Now if I touch the magnetwire going FROM the LED's or the BACK of the LED's, the amp draw goes down, depending on how much I touch it, and if I wrap my hand around the wire I can get the amp draw down to 0.01 so that tells me I need more capacitance somewhere. I removed the cap and diode as you can sort of see like the scribd document tells me. Maybe I can wrap the magnet wire in plastic and then metal? Or does this tell me that my wires are too long? I could do better but I need a form to put this thing on, and all I had was wood dowels and chopsticks. I don't have any junk and everything is working around my house :-S

Sorry it took so long :-)
                      I am still learning on the positioning of L3. If all those wires are making the tuning impossible like I think, then I should just drop the coil down like Freezer did. That setup looks clean.... I tried to make something with a positionable head that could stand up. I can point it anywhere.

@Tecstatic
                      I read that this circuit could cause headaches... so don't get too cozy ;-) but mine is in my room too. However for light production, nothing can beat the open system.
                      Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 11-30-2009, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• The LBF ('Little Beams' father) experiment ---data

@All
                        72 hours
                        .19 voltage drop
                        Battery now at 6.30v and stayed there for the last 12 hours.

It seems like everybody is getting similar results. This is pretty amazing stuff folks.

Lets all go to work for the Doc when he starts building 'Little Beams" by the millions.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Ya I would love to work for the good Doc.

4 hours .03 volts drop. all of that was the first 10 mins after I turned it on. Its steady at 6.22 for a few hours

Comment

• Just popping in another data point. I'm saving analysis and observations until the end.

Cumulative Time (Hours): 92.75
                            Cumulative Voltage Change: -0.19
                            Last edited by Shamus; 10-24-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Time : 12 H
                              Volts : -.05

Comment

• It feels empty without Dr Stiffler giving replies every half hour...
                                I'm starting to miss him...

20 hours into experiment, .06 volts drop total.
                                This circuit really knows how to save a volt!

Comment

Working...
                                X