Ash,

I'm there.
    started in march last year
    Yahoo! Groups:VortexHeatExchanger
    my photos
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Vortex...unt=20&dir=asc

Dave

Comment

Dave, ow right thanks man, sorry been up to my behind and didn't realize, we will be converting a hilux to the GEET, just need to find a suitable system, will post here and there in 2 days to confirm.

forget hydroxy, i want TIPPLE fuel economy, although you cannot take any thing away form hydoxy, its low cost and emission cutting, but when it comes to 90% less pollution and tipple the fuel, if you want that you need to make a pantone system, will be starting on it this week.

Ash

Comment

Good work

Hi Jetijs,

As usual, your work really inspiring. Previously, I did experiment fuel vapor on old Honda Accord (carburetored). I use simple fuel bubbler method where vacuum from intake manifold sucks in air through fuel and enters into intake manifold.

The engine RPM does increase (forgot numbers) but I find there are few disadvantage of using this type of fuel vapor method. The reason which put me off was at the end of the run, I did save fuel in tank but fuel at bubbler also gets vaporised more than i expected. At the end the amount of fuel used not much different from actual car fuel consumption.

I have tested fuel heater using exhaust heat transfer method. Method works but hard to control. Fuel gets boiled and uncontrolable. I also tested pumping air using fish tank pump into fuel to bubble and gas goes into air intake. When test on 100cc motorbike, engine screams. Never get chance to test on car.

Now days I seldom get time to play with these stuff. Too busy with many thing lately (not related to fuel saving devices). Soon I'll be join the fun again after I settle few things in hand.

Comment

Smokeys Car For Sale

I noticed that Smokeys Fiero is on ebay

SMOKEY YUNICK HOT VAPOR FIERO, ONE OF A KIND, MUST SEE
          Item # 230326745982
          eBay Motors: Other Makes (item 230326745982 end time Mar-01-09 14:48:33 PST)

If anyone lives near Saint Louie they should maybe stop by and take a look

The price is too rich for me but maybe someone here might be able to make good use of it

Comment

Amazing find!

Originally posted by rmay635703 View Post
            I noticed that Smokeys Fiero is on ebay

SMOKEY YUNICK HOT VAPOR FIERO, ONE OF A KIND, MUST SEE
            Item # 230326745982
            eBay Motors: Other Makes (item 230326745982 end time Mar-01-09 14:48:33 PST)

If anyone lives near Saint Louie they should maybe stop by and take a look

The price is too rich for me but maybe someone here might be able to make good use of it

That's a truly amazing find.

Goosebump material for sure.

Comment

Smokey Yunick and Robert Krupa

Kinda gives an insight into the relationship between Yunick and Krupa now doesn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco1 View Post
                Kinda gives an insight into the relationship between Yunick and Krupa now doesn't it.
                My main hope is that the vehicle, whomever it goes to, gets good use. I also hope it gets documented well for any quirks or advancements they might find in it, you never know, there are still possibilities when one of these turns up

Comment

Hi Jetijs

I agree with (pressure rather than vacuum, post#41). I found this site awhile back and the first thing that came to mind was if it might be used in a fuel delivery system somehow mixing vapor or HHO with gas. I don't understand how it works but someone here might take a look at it.

Pursuit Dynamics PLC

They also have a steam boat drive that you might find interesting. I posted that on the Lloyds friction boiler thread.

hope this helps someone
                  Gene

Comment

Vapor generator for cars

Found some excellent info on how to make a car run on gas vapors in part with the plans for Eagle Research. very interesting stuff to read, is full of good info. I have started to install one of the devices in my van already

Eagle research - Google Search

Comment

Instead of....

Has anyone tried the ionizing intake air to increase the energy reaction of the combination of fuel to air like Meyers was doing with hydrogen. It should work with any fuel. Imagine to power you could extract from vapor fuel and ionized air! The process I am talking about would simply slip over the carborator or very near the throttle body like a passive air filter on old cars. The ambient air would go thru this device and get it's negative charge then go straight into the engine. So not only are you using fuel vapors for 200 mpg but then get a multiplication of power to the nth degree from the same process that Meyers used to amplify his hydrogen reaction.
                      This kind of a unit would be very very easy to make and fit to any carborator on the market I would think and it should up the efficiency 1000% (just a guess). Imagine getting 5-600 mpg from vapor gas and negatively charged air combination. Now that would be worth experimenting with. And it could bridge the gap to Meyers technology and allow you to eventually use hydro as a fuel after the change over to vapor fuel.

Comment

400% vaporizer here..know some one down here building it too will have details when i can.

YouTube - Infinimpg

Ash

Comment

Is this their patent?

I did a search on "flash vortex" and came up with this:

Induction and fuel delivery system for piston engine

Looks pretty good, all the science and engineering seems correct. Now it's just a matter of whether or not they really have it working or not. Very interesting. If it works will they sell out or will it make it to market....... ?

Comment

I have a 1973 Peterson carburetion and fuel systems book. It has an artical about a fuel system called "Electrosonic" The pictures are not that good. It looks like a spinning spray nozzle in it. They had it tested on a 340 engine got 22 to 24 mpg (average?) Efficiency 96+% As for what type of efficiency don't know.
                            I personaly know someone who built a vortex type system 28 years ago. Still have some of the proto type parts. I have the test results when it was put on a van. I think it was getting 25% increase in mileage? To lazzy to look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by vzon17 View Post
                              Found some excellent info on how to make a car run on gas vapors in part with the plans for Eagle Research. very interesting stuff to read, is full of good info. I have started to install one of the devices in my van already

Eagle research - Google Search
                              Automobile engines run on Nitrogen/Steam and fuels have fixed amount energy available to heat both.
                              Smokey’s turbocharged engine operated around 450 deg F so extra 250 degrees to heat Nitrogen and Steam was free.
                              Gasoline vaporization w/o turbo or super charging starves engines.
                              Combustion w/o adequate Air and Fuel fractions mixing (of various boiling points) is hard to control.
                              Unless something is done to gasoline before (acetone added, polarized with magnetic field) or inside (plasma sparkplug) the engine, vaporized gasoline has the same energy as liquid to heat the Nitrogen/Steam.
                              If you have to have gaseous fuel use propane or natural gas but they do not give 200mpg. (The energy content of propane and gasoline is about the same.)
                              Al

Comment

Hello.
                                Based of what I know on thermal depolymerisation of hydrocarbon chains, I believe I know now how to build a 200 miles per gallon fuel system. In my experience with hho, ioonizers and plasma plugs, I am certain now, that they do not add extra energy in the engine, they just help to use the fuel to its full potential, just like catalysts. Gasoline and diesel have much more power in them than a typical engine uses and much of the fuel is just wasted. I am now convinced that it should be fairly easy to get the most out of hydrocarbon fuels reaching mileages up to 200 miles per gallon. In my country it is popular to convert car engines to run on propane or butane, because it is a bit cheaper than liquid fuels. I have some friends who did that and they also tried hho, on their engines, but none of the gas systems showed any gain, why? We will come to that. Also we are the closest EU country to Russia so we have experience with Russian and European fuels. Russian standards are way lower than those of EU. Most of the people who have tried both, report a better mileage with EU fuels than when Russian fuels are used. For example, my friend got 100km per 7 liters of EU fuel, and he needed 8 liters of Russian fuel to get the same distance. This is important.
                                This shows that although both fuels are hydrocarbon based, there is a major difference between them and the difference is the volume of light fractions in the fuel. The EU fuel has more of them per volume than the Russian fuel. But nevertheless even EU fuel is not so good considering how much mileage you get and how much you could get if you used it fully. So now lets move on. What are hydrocarbon chains? Most of you already know that. If you have very long chains, then you get polymers, like polyethylene and polypropylene, chop those chains shorter and you will get oils, tars, waxes. Chop those chains smaller, you will get diesel, chop the diesel hydrocarbon chains and you will get gasoline. Chop those chains even smaller and you will get propane and butane. This can easily be done with heat, like what we do on the "fuel from waste plastics" thread. So if the modern fuels have much long hydrocarbon chains in it, it makes sense to chop them smaller, preferably to the propane and butane range as that is a gas and not liquid and would not need to be turned into vapor or mist when mixed with air as that process is not the most efficient. If you have fuel gas, you will get the best possible gas/air mixture quality and get most of the fuel out. This is why no gains are seen when hho is used on propane/butane fueled cars. The gas systems on cars are rather cheap and easy to install, but the major disadvantage is that you need pressure vessels to store the propane and butane, they have limited volume and take up a lot of space. So you get less miles per refill. If we used a system that uses liquid hydrocarbons and crack them into propane and butane on the fly, we would get most of the fuel out and store way more of the fuel in the tank in liquid form, so you could get some 3-5 times further with one full tank. The cracking process just needs heat and there is more than enough heat produced in the engine, it is just a matter of delivering it where it is needed. Just warming the fuel won't work well, you need to heat it to the thermal cracking point. I believe this is how the Pogue carburetor works. I would propose the following design, take a metal container with fuel, heat it up to the cracking temperature, let the vapors through some long copper pipe coils in a cone shape or any other shape that would allow the cooled and condensed fuel to flow back into the heat chamber. The output from the condenser coils would that go through a small compressor and into a storage buffer tank. The pressurized gas would then be delivered to the engine intake.
                                Such a system should be able to run on all sorts of different fuels, liquid and even solid, like plastics. As long as there are hydrocarbons in there. It could run on waste oil, tars, ever animal fats.
                                Till recent I did not know about thermal cracking and thermal depolymerisation and I thought that only heating the fuel to some 200 degrees would be enough. No wonder that when I tried that, the vapors turned back into liquid very fast when cooled - the temperature was way too low.
                                What do you think about this?
                                It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X