No announcement yet.

Multifilar Generator Coil - Lenz delay Experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi bromikey, soulless apocalypse nightmare is more accurate and I can't wait for the unveiling.
    I'll probably go with the medium size device with many magnets.
    And I think I will start building the rotor first and pick a motor, because I want to test this 12 strand 24awg. coil, that has 110 feet per strand, just to see how that does.
    If it does nothing at reasonable rpm's, then I work on new coils.
    Thanks turion, for the information.
    peace love light

Comment

Hi turion, thanks for the tips as usual.
      Are you doing that, running the multistrand coils as motor coils also.

For coil testing purposes,
      I have a drill press motor rated at I think 1750 rpm, so that is probably not good enough rpm.
      I also have a MY6812B scooter motor, rated at 24 volt - 100 watt at 2300 rpm, that might work, maybe the voltage can be pushed a little if need be, to get a few more rpm's.

Also, I still have quite a few of those 1" by 1/8" neos that can be stacked.
      Would recessing those into a radial rotor and super gluing in place, similar to your recent pic turion of the plastic rotor, would the magnets hold in place do you think at 2300 rpm or greater.

It will probably be a medium density fiberboard rotor.
      peace love light

Comment

Originally posted by Turion
        The coil bobbins ........... 245 to a case,

I'm not sure they will sell smaller lots, but they might.

Just a note... I am going with SQUARE coils on future builds. Round coils ................pulling the wires loose
        You mean to tell me you wound 400 coils? That's a lot. Have you
        ever encapsulated your coils and spools with epoxy?

So 1" of core material sticking out the back is enough to cool? How
        about a set of aluminum fins or some kind of metal heat sink? Humm...

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post

I still have quite a few of those 1" by 1/8" neos that can be stacked.
          Would recessing those into a radial rotor and super gluing in place,
          The rotor is the heart of the mechanical. Your coils will cost you good
          money. Hundreds in the end so buy some wire here and there. About
          $120 approx per spool 11lbs.

You don't want a $10 rotor trust me. Take your time is key

Think it thru, no rush. The cups direct the magnetism one way. cheap.

http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_11&products_id=147

http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_95&products_id=561
          Last edited by BroMikey; 05-09-2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

The standard coil bobbin I am using holds 3,000 feet of #23 when FULL. That gives me about 130 volts at 1.5 amps per coil with my rotor running at 2800 rpm. Now the only way to get more production with THAT coil is with a different rotor that has MORE magnets or THICKER or LARGER magnets and/or running at a higher rpm. Of course a LARGER coil with more wire will produce more power and research into how thick or how big a magnet is needed to fully "charge" a specific sized core is needed. The magnets I am using my be way overkill for my coils. I don't know. I'll know when I see it on my bench.

It would be pretty awesome if a bunch of folks were running the same sized rotor with the same size and number of magnets on a razor scooter motor like the one in the attached picture. And using 3 of the same sized coils. Then we could start experimenting with different numbers, sizes and thicknesses of magnets until we had what is BEST.

Attached is a picture of the little rotor I am using now 1" x 1" x 3/4" magnets on the rotor. Eight of them.
            regards
            per coil 3, 1.5 amp, 130 v equal 585 watts
            how much your motor consumes
            it's interesting if you already have profit

Comment

The MY1020 running on 24 volts pulling 12 amps
              will run my generator with 10-12 coils on it. It’s not rocket science to
              figure out whether this thing can have a COP>1 if built correctly

The standard coil bobbin I am using holds
              3,000 feet of #23 when FULL. That gives me about 130 volts at
              1.5 amps per coil with my rotor running at 2800 rpm

https://www.ebay.com/p/500w-24v-Electric-Motor-With-Bracket-Scooter-Bike-Go-kart-MINIBIKE-My1020/892033303?iid=283420548161

Lets see that is

Drive input 24vdc X 12amps = 288watts

Speed up Generator (single) coils output 130vac X 1.5 amps = 195watts

Multiple Speed up type generator coils (12 coils) 12 X 195w = 2340 watt

yeah I'de say that is better than COP > 1 so lets find the COP Okay?

That would be as follows 288w / 2340w = 8+ or COP 8

Now also consider Turion's past statements where the drive input of

288watts can be recycled or some can be recovered while running using

"THE THREE BATTER CIRCUIT" and from what I recall he recovers 50%
              of 288w so now the COP doubles.

Dave has gotten even higher than that but COP 16 is far beyond my
              wildest dreams.

Correct me if I made an error since I am recalling data from past threads.

Last edited by BroMikey; 05-09-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Gentlemen Start your engines.

Personally I think the motor coils are where it's at. I'm speculating again, but trying to take too much power from gen coils used as motor coils, is a bit like putting a banana in the tail pipe of a carbon burner. It seems paradoxical, but the universe is a big place, and contrary to what we are told to believe, there should be enough for everyone.

I'm thinking of an old legend of the Fords Model T's magneto, being used as a 40 horse power self running electric motor. Motors are just about the timing, so when that window of opportunity is open. what can be done? So they had good quality iron, hysteresis, copper wires, spark gaps, and condensers.

Bro Mikeys idea of having a clutch is great ( probably not that easy), but the starter motor can be disengaged when it starts to become a drag.

I'm going to stop speculating now before I become too much of a drag.

cheers.

Comment

Hi turion, thanks for the tips, wondering how you will trigger what looks like motor coil placements, since the rotor has alternating poles.
                  That's odd that you can only get 5/16" gap, with my 1" diameter neos and this 4" diameter rotor, I can get it to 1/8" gap, just sitting there and when the corners of the magnet pass the core edge, it is closer to 1/16" gap.

Yes, I'm going with the horizontal rotor, only because the vertical rotor needs another coil on other side of magnet or 180 degrees from it, to balance the forces, or the rotor goes wonky.

People building this smaller model is infinitly more helpful to the cause, compared to nobody building it turion.
                  peace love light

Edit: what's the diameter of that rotor turion, looks like 8-10"
                  Last edited by SkyWatcher; 05-09-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Hello all, Turion mentioned square coils,...maybe a triangular pattern that recedes or increases its points as the coil goes forward?
                    Example: triangle coil placed over triangle coil and then it is advanced or retarded from first coils starting point, then another in the same pattern.
                    First coil is at 12 noon, second coil starts at 1pm and third starts at 2pm,...etc.
                    Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                      Hi turion, thanks for the tips, wondering how you will trigger what looks like motor coil placements, since the rotor has alternating poles.
                      That's odd that you can only get 5/16" gap,

Yes, I'm going with the horizontal rotor,
                      Think about this picture of rotor magnets that you will need then
                      The outer edge must be machined to keep a constant gap, other wise
                      you can't work in thousandths of an inch fitting square pegs into
                      round holes. If this does not help you to understand Turion's
                      recommendation I can continue. Trust me it will sink in.

You will have to do better than this.See?

Take your time, there is more here than many may think, it will take
                      effort to hold back long enough to count up all of the needed order for
                      excellent success. Unless you want to throw it away later and start all
                      over again. A square magnets around a circle? Hummm...
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 05-09-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Every yardman has seen a magneto on a lawnmower, gokart, tiller,
                        minibike or a snowblower. This is the correct format. Embedded in the
                        face of this fan/flywheel/rotor is a horseshoe or arced magnet.

Air gaps are 10-20-30 thousandths depending on the motor

1/16" = 62 thousandths

Properly done the core must be cut in an arc as well, to meet the surface
                        of the magnets.

Last edited by BroMikey; 05-10-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Hi bromikey, well that settles it then, I'm making it a vertical rotor, I have built many vertical rotor devices previously, so I'm not too shabby at it.
                          This way, will be easier to get tighter tolerances.

Hi turion, thanks for sharing.
                          Yes, even this little test model took some hours, though It was worth it, for what it showed.
                          peace love light

Comment

Hurry up Turion yer gittin old Your first model is about the mechanical
                            level of the average guy. Tho scary it works.

Good choice Sky we trust your preference. You have all the advantages
                            by listening to our past blunders. Everybody makes mistakes.

okay here is what is rolling around. Thane use to use those magnets
                            with holes in them plus the easy shields you can pick up at the time
                            but the hole makes a mess of the field, strong is not everything.

Thane did a lot of video showing speed up or what he calls his RegenX
                            coils before we found out he was running 1/4" gaps. Any tighter and
                            the rotor bearing play and the rotor flex becomes an issue for tolerance.

When Thane finally emerged with his closer gaps he had to use "C" cores
                            to be practical. Unless you are going to follow Turion where he places
                            another coil on the other side to balance out the stress.

Vertical rotors need magnets long enough to come out on both sides.
                            Big bearings, big shaft and quarter inch gaps will permit some runtime
                            without magnets getting loose.

So when you think about a coil remember it takes two coils for each
                            magnetic pole.

Also Thanes latest coils are not that big on the "C" cores probably don't
                            need such big ones with the larger dia rotor on the back end of that
                            E-Bike plus the tight gaps help. But what I want to say is that he gives
                            the output of his new coils. He is running 36-48vdc back to the drive
                            batteries (somewhere there) and intermittently 10amps each but targets
                            5amps running back to the pack. 10 coil packs gives him 50amps back
                            to his drive batteries so while recharging is taking place as he drives
                            the power to drive the back wheel increases with each engaged coil.

So Turion is getting 195w and Thane is getting about the same per coil.
                            I find that very interesting.

Last edited by BroMikey; 05-10-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Hi all, Hi bromikey, yes I was looking at thanes more recent stuff, c-core is too difficult and costly, so I will just put coil/cores on both sides of rotor.
                              I'm going to make it as simple as I can imagine it, similar to that large replication of bedinis free energy device, on that trailer, though without the flywheel and of course, not that big.

Still recovering a bit from being sick, so not going full force at this just yet, though I AM planning it out in my mind, for when my body is ready to rock.
                              peace love light

Comment

I bought 40 pieces. of this type of neodymium magnets for the construction of a rotor with halbach array.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-pc...34934c4dlqeYUy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X