No announcement yet.

Mechanical Magnetic Torque Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electro-magnet working backwards as a generator.

Output is a function of magnet strength, coil inductance and velocity of the magnet stroke:

https://youtu.be/hv3qEUZvFuE

The most important point is that replacing the 500 Newton Electro-Magnet coil with the 400 pound attraction force Electro-Magnet coil will increase output by a factor of 357% alone, requiring only the same measure of input power to neutralize.
    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-15-2018, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• 300 kg em

Check this 12 volt Electro-Magnet out; 660 pounds of attraction force: This would yield a 589% increase in output over the 500 Newton force EM coil.

50 milliwatts of input power is not going to deliver 660 pounds of attraction force from this Electro-Magnet; That would require much greater watts of power; However, the percentage of increase in output for the 50 milliwatts of input over the smaller attraction force EM would rise to that number in percent increase. The "Coefficient" would increase in direct proportion to the attraction strength of the Electro-Magnet! That would leave a lot of unused potential in the EM, but so what!

The important aspect is the "Gain Curve" that appears with the increase in EM attraction force with the same input of BEMF.
      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 04-05-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• EM generating power from magnet attraction

Here's a video of the electro-magnet generating power from an attraction stroke alone:

https://youtu.be/c50BP5a4Fyg

The 50 milliwatts of BEMF is not enough to neutralize the attraction force of the diametric Neo tube magnet without the ferrite rod in between to weaken the pull; However, replacing the 500 Newton coil with the 300 Kilogram (660 lbs) electro-magnet would do the job for the same input.

Either pole of the diametric Neo tube magnet will attract equally to the magnetic core of the Electro-Magnet. The Electro-Magnet produces a polarity that is determined by the position of the power wires to the electrodes. The poles need to be in opposition to release the attraction of the Neo magnet to the EM coil core. We can either turn the magnet around or switch the power wires to the EM to accomplish this. The power pulse need only to be strong enough to neutralize the attraction force, so its can be of short duration. The output connection needs to make contact for only a short time as well.

"An LED that has typical forward voltage of 2.1 volts with an associated typical current of 20 milliamperes, calculate that the LED power is 42 milliwatts".

The power that it takes to illuminate that LED from the attraction force to the 500 Newton EM coil core, is roughly equal to the power that is generated by the backspike from the 13.8 Ohm pulse coil. The question is; How much power would the 300 Kg EM coil generate from the Neo magnet attraction to it's core with nearly six times the inductance?

Here's a hint; "More turns of wire means that the coil will generate a greater amount of magnetic field force".
        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-15-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Timing

We can see the output pulse from the attraction magnet occur when the magnet reaches the bottom of it's stroke. The power pulse should follow immediately following it. The attraction stroke in the video is illuminating only one LED. The pulse has the power to a blink a thousand!

I believe now that it might help to simply position an output contact on the oscillator magnet. The problem I'm imagining involves the open circuit that would send the power pulse directly to the storage destination.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this short circuit?
          Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-17-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• DPDT contact relay.

I think one Reed switch is quite enough. I have a tall pile of burned out and welded junkers right now.

I'm thinking about a DPDT contact relay that's triggered by the oscillator, not a Reed switch. Right now this looks like a pretty slick alternative. Give me some time to look into it some more. This switch, wired into a 300 Kg Electro-magnet coil and strong overhead Neo should achieve an OU COP powered by the pulse coil BEMF.

This relay is normally closed on one side. The contact between the electrodes causes it to flip over and briefly energize the pulse. Naturally, this timing has to coincide with the arrival of the BEMF power, which should be simultaneous.

It would help to interface a timer relay to produce a split second hesitation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
              We can see the output pulse from the attraction magnet occur when the magnet reaches the bottom of it's stroke. The power pulse should follow immediately following it. The attraction stroke in the video is illuminating only one LED. The pulse has the power to a blink a thousand!

I believe now that it might help to simply position an output contact on the oscillator magnet. The problem I'm imagining involves the open circuit that would send the power pulse directly to the storage destination.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this short circuit?
              In attraction mode there exists a two magnetic fields one approaching the other quickly. As the approaching magnet begins to impact there is distortion translated into the mosaic disturbing the magnetic molecules causing re-alignment of domains for a brief period. The field lines of both magnets immediately begin to straighten from their crash to recover their somewhat original field line positions.
              This area of research can be described as broken and deformed symmetry by impact and is similar to plunging rather than induction.
              Last edited by mikrovolt; 03-18-2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Plunging.

Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post
                In attraction mode there exists a two magnetic fields one approaching the other quickly. As the approaching magnet begins to impact there is distortion translated into the mosaic disturbing the magnetic molecules causing re-alignment of domains for a brief period. The field lines of both magnets immediately begin to straighten from their crash to recover their somewhat original field line positions.
                This area of research can be described as broken and deformed symmetry by impact and is similar to plunging rather than induction.
                @mikrovolt,

Thanks for your highly valued input. I never heard that "Plunging" term before; Is that an area of electronic research?

You're touching on something very important that helps explain the OU COP measured by Art Porter in his GAP power tests.

"Motion in the Ocean". Can you elaborate more on this subject?
                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-18-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Comment from XR IX on "zebok3" video.

XR IX

"Hey Zebok3, the throw of the piston increases if you place it just a little bit forward of the center of the coil. That is where the magnetic pulse is the greatest. If you place the magnet inside of the coil, and assure that your pulse is opposing the "piston" magnet you will see. Please see my Ed Gray replication video. I drive a piston and crankshaft".

Comment

@mikrovolt,

Thanks for your highly valued input. I never heard that "Plunging" term before; Is that an area of electronic research?

You're touching on something very important that helps explain the OU COP measured by Art Porter in his GAP power tests.

"Motion in the Ocean". Can you elaborate more on this subject?
                    broken symmetry being a term used in many areas of research.
                    I used the word plunge to convey the rapid compression.
                    The quotation " Motion in the ocean " not mine.

Art Porter presented a few videos has scope shot, developed a method to measure energy output by lifting a weight.
                    His relays were DPDT. I don't recall if they disclosed the output when the neutralization unit was connected or where it originated.
                    Last edited by mikrovolt; 03-19-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• EV Gray and Broken and Deformed Symetery.

Based on the last two comments from XO IR and microvolt, I feel a large wire coil 2:3 height to diameter ratio with a backing magnet at the base and an air core to seat an oscillator magnet midway may combine the EV Gray effect of power from the coil's center with the deformed and broken symmetry mentioned by mikrovolt. A DPDT switch would channel output as in the Art Porter design from the BEMF input, and attraction output.

Comment

• Gray coil, backing magnet and contact DPDT relay.

I am pleased with the new ides I've received by recent commenters.

The idea of starting the polarized Neo tube magnet in the center of the coil's air core is a super excellent approach.

A backing magnet in attraction at the bottom of the coil can vary strength with a spacer. The added advantage is that the Neo tube will generate power on the power stroke, and the backing magnet will add to the output by fluctuating a field underneath it. This would generate A.C. current.

A contact DPDT relay positioned mid way would only need to pulse for a brief interval, then the relay could be normally closed on the output side for the two phases of both the propulsion and attraction stroke.

The other feature is, we can wind this output coil in excess of any inductance we can access through the use of a commercial Electro-Magnet.

Comment

• Zener diode.

I'm wondering if a high voltage blocking Zener diode might work positioned between the output coil and the storage destination. Perhaps we could tailor the design to work that simply with the diode alone and eliminate the switch.

This kind of oscillator coil would work fine with a Bedini SSG wired in place of the BEMF charge battery. Bedini's trigger coil, transistor and potentiometer are a sweet combination.

Everyone can understand how a gain curve can result from an oscillator coil of heavy weight in copper.

Comment

XR IX

"Hey Zebok3, the throw of the piston increases if you place it just a little bit forward of the center of the coil. That is where the magnetic pulse is the greatest. If you place the magnet inside of the coil, and assure that your pulse is opposing the "piston" magnet you will see. Please see my Ed Gray replication video. I drive a piston and crankshaft".
                            Look at all the equations, and you would think that the relative permeability of the core matters more than the geometry (where you intend to harvest your pulses) . But that doesn't make sense experimentally, how can you have a core that matters but allows access to the center of the solenoid? This means that solenoid physics is a little skewed, because it doesn't describe that you can actually have stronger magnetic field using an air core in an instantaneous pulse when you measure directly inside the solenoid. Many descriptions of a solenoid liken it to a permanent magnet outside the solenoid(which is true), but when you send a discharge pulse through a the winding, you are creating an instantaneous toroidal field, with the heart in the center. And that doesn't describe most permanent magnets because the strongest magnetic field is at the ends of the magnet.

But people see there is a correlation between geometry and wonder why it doesn't describe the force:Engineering Student Questions

I saw a video (Of course I can't find it now) of a guy who used parabolic halves of a magnet with a hole in the center of both. When he pushed a ball magnet through center, of course the poles would align on the side he was feeding the ball, but once he got it through the center, the ball would shoot out. That's where I got the idea for placing the piston magnet at the center of the coil in the Ed Gray motor, and like you I wanted to take advantage of the linear stroke.
                            Last edited by ilandtan; 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

• BEMF Gary oscillator

Here's a rough sketch of the BEMF gain oscillator. The backing magnet and neo tube would be in attraction. This is an amplifying inverting alternator generating an A.C. current. A physical contact can sit between the neo tube and the spring for a DPDT relay.

Other options involve winding the power output coil bifilar with one wrap for output, or wiring a Zener diode in:

Comment

• "woopyjump's" BEMF oscillator test video.

Compare "woopyjump's" BEMF oscillator with the schematic above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLiUkno3tSY
                                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-24-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X