Ere many generations pass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
    That is an interesting thought. But if you look (wiki) at how and why a mercury arc rectifier works (low pressure, and a carbon anode) you will see that Tesla's circuit controllers (high pressure, mercury stream) will not rectify the current.
    True. Tesla did not use them as a continuous current rectifier. I only included that link to explain how mercury can and is used as a diode.

This type of Tesla's circuit controllers used a rotating wheel inside with slots that would either block or allow the flow of mercury from the jets to the pool of mercury as explained in the patents.

So this type of controller was a circuit interrupter similar to a rotating spark gap that used a pool of mercury in the same way a diode would be used today to obtain unidirectional pulses that could carry high voltage and high current. Keep in mind that Tesla was always working on systems for industrial scale power. I'm certainly not aware of any solid state devices that can handle megawatts of power as a mercury based device can.

By varying the size of the slots and blocks in the rotating wheel he could alter the duty cycle. And changing the speed of the rotating wheel with the slots and blocks he could vary the frequency of the makes and breaks.

Comment

Where would we get a mercury interrupter to experimentally test this?? Would probably have to fabricate one. Off subject but Tesla recommends the insulated metal plate in his radiant energy patents be alloyed with mercury also.

Comment

Originally posted by thx1138 View Post
        True. Tesla did not use them as a continuous current rectifier. I only included that link to explain how mercury can and is used as a diode.

This type of Tesla's circuit controllers used a rotating wheel inside with slots that would either block or allow the flow of mercury from the jets to the pool of mercury as explained in the patents.

So this type of controller was a circuit interrupter similar to a rotating spark gap that used a pool of mercury in the same way a diode would be used today to obtain unidirectional pulses that could carry high voltage and high current. Keep in mind that Tesla was always working on systems for industrial scale power. I'm certainly not aware of any solid state devices that can handle megawatts of power as a mercury based device can.

By varying the size of the slots and blocks in the rotating wheel he could alter the duty cycle. And changing the speed of the rotating wheel with the slots and blocks he could vary the frequency of the makes and breaks.
        Tesla’s circuit controllers are an engineering masterpiece. One does not find too many like this around these days to experiment with, (there are some rare ones around). But you’d likely have to engineer your own.

The circuit controllers were not a rectifier as such, they are a make/break switch, but unlike a spark gap, there is no pre ionisation of the spark, as the inert liquid gas medium that is within the housing allows no ionisation of air or other molecules, so the mercury makes and breaks the circuit instantly.

No doubt this is key to extremely sharp electrical impulses. The inert liquid gas is just as big of a 'key' as the mercury is.

I once played around with the concept using a vibrating solenoid with a mechanical rod which dipped in and out of a pool of mercury surrounded in mineral oil. Worked for a bit but the whole thing ruptured and spread mercury the everywhere. A nightmare clean up! – So I have not been back down that path again myself…

There are small tube mercury rectifiers around such as the 816 and 833 for rectifying AC to DC.
        Last edited by Sputins; 07-19-2016, 12:11 AM.
        "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

It does seem like it would produce an unidirectional pulse. Tesla does mention "stopping reversals" although not necessarily in connection with his mercury controllers. I might?! still be able to get mercury out of old thermostats. But yes Sputens it would have to be an engineering masterpiece to be safe for testing!!

Comment

Next step?

Ernst,

I have seen your video; I have read your 66 page document; and I have read most of the comments of this thread. All with great interest. Especially
            the document needs more profound reading, because it is a hefty one to consume. So that I have lying ahead of me.

I do think that with your work we're able to drive some specific testing with measurable and replicable results.

That at least is my hope, and I know of many many more people dream the same dream on this planet as I am. A world where energy flows abundantly and freely, for everyone accessible no matter our location.

We need to make this dream a reality as soon as possible. Mega-companies, corrupt leaders and greedy politicians are making a mess of everything and are destroying our planet because of their ever growing greed and blindness.

So, how would you propose to advance together on this important topic?

I personally would like to build a test circuit to verify and explore the Earth Resonance Frequency. I assume you would be able to help with that?

Thanks for all you have done so far, and keep up the good work!

Comment

pjotterkjen,
              You have not chosen the easiest thing to do. The Earth is a pretty big thing and to expect a response in it one has to resort to extreme violence. This violence is measured in Watt or its equivalent Joule per second.
              In a capacitor you can accumulate a certain amount of Joules (E= CV²/2) and this energy can be released in a very short time, as the internal resistance of a capacitor is very small and so the discharge current (I=V/R) is high.
              In these two formulas you can see that if the voltage is increased you can store more energy and at the same time the discharge rate increases. Both of these increase the violence.
              So the first thing is to raise the voltage as high as you can.
              This will quickly present you with a new problem, namely these excessively high voltages are not easily handled.
              To overcome this, you must handle/shape the currents while the voltage is still low.
              That is relatively easy but that makes it much more difficult to achieve these excessively HV's.
              You can read all about my adventures in this field here.

(sorry to answer with so much more to read)

Does that help?

Ernst.

Comment

Thanks Ernst for your answer.

You are a Dutch guy aren't you? I saw your link to the next document to read named 'verslag HV.pdf'. Well me too.

Will study that document of course. Thanks for that. I just browsed quickly over it already. Did you also consider using a strong magnet (as Tesla did) instead of the pan flute?

I now know this Earth Resonance Frequency will be hard to do.
                So yes your answer helps me getting the picture... which is pretty big.

So what would you recommend as the next step for us as a community to advance on this topic?

Comment

I think you are referring to a magnetically quenched spark-gap?
                  If so, there are two reasons why I did not use it:
                  - the problem was that I could not get enough resonance in the coils with very short and widely separated pulses. Quenching the spark, breaks the spark into many shorter sparks and may lengthen the overall spark activity a little. That "little" would most likely not suffice.
                  - my experience with magnetically quenched spark-gaps is not very good. If a high current is interrupted in this manner you will get very high induction effects in your circuit, meaning very high voltage spikes. I have killed many a MOT with this. Now I am using 30 KW transformers that can handle a much higher voltage but will also produce a much higher current. Well, what it comes down to is that I do not want to risk loosing these transformers.

What is there for "the community" to do?
                  As I have already explained in this thread, it would be wonderful is someone could help me verify the down-scaled version. That may actually result in you having your own power plant.
                  The other thing people could do is absorb this idea, this view on electricity, and imagine what it would mean and in what ways it would result in different effects than predicted by current electro dynamics theories. That way you could achieve two things:
                  - prove Tesla's view is the correct view
                  - you may come up with an invention of your own
                  (or both)

I am proceeding in two directions:
                  - verification of the down-scaled version
                  - upgrading my circuits for CW-operation

On the first I can say that 20W does not seem enough to produce a sufficiently high voltage, so we will try to upgrade it to 180W.
                  On the second, that we now have a 100 KVA diesel generator. We have the power, but many things need reconfiguring.

Ernst.

Comment

PM

Mr Ernst,
                    Thank you for sharing with us. I sent you a PM.
                    Regards.

Comment

@ quantumfanatic,

What language is that?
                      I am Dutch and you are using Dutch misspelled words but... I can't make heads or tails of that... If you do not understand me neither, that may indicate a language problem?

Ernst.

Comment

Looks like Afrikaans to me.
                        All the best,

Slick

Comment

Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter - Everything YAWtKbWAtA

(that is "You Always Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask", but you knew that of course)

For a limited time (I guess 1-2 weeks) you can get this book on Amazon.

It summarizes the results of my project; Finding out what a Magnifying Transmitter was, what it was supposed to do and how, and if it would have worked.

As I said it will probably be available for a short while now and then re-appear around the end of this year. If you want to be ahead of the game, you'll need to act QUICK.

The reason for this time limited offer is that we are still discussing if this is the right time to tell the "scientific society", which it probably isn't. But we want some copies printed for ourselves and a select few for a variety of reasons.
                          I wanted to give us "hobbyists" a chance to be part of that select few.

So.... the ball is in your court...

Ernst.

(and if you buy a copy, you are supporting my work so )

Comment

Working...
                          X