Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Surprises

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Well, if my gen was running and doing everything it is supposed to do, I would be bragging all over the place. I had an epic fail today and smoked about $200 worth of parts and the driver board. I boxed it up and sent it to Matt. LOL. When he gets it all fixed and it is running like it is supposed to, I'll be talking about it. Right now, it has only run long enough for us to do some quick measurements before having one problem or another.

Dave

Yeah Dave

I'll bet it was doing some great things right up until it burnt. I know how it is when you are making things from scratch. I hope the windings are okay. It sounds like you might have to double or triple the MosFet handling capacity.

That much radiant current will melt a circuit fast.

Mikey

Comment

1967 McCulloch

Vintage 1967 McCulloch Mite-E-Lite Generator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bdevj9orWE

Here is one opened up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM-3vLfNd_0

Comment

Last Coil Pack

Last one left from this guy, he is in Michigan, my old stomping grounds.

The MITE-E-LITE coil pack by McCulloch Don't miss out.

Last Call for Mite E Lite McCulloch, coil pack

Mikey

McCulloch Stator 21685 for Portable Generator Model H 3000 | eBay

Comment

Russ Gries ~ Data Only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cALB8ZF_swU

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
            This website has a collection of other simple experiments from Gerard.

Like me he is an old man on our last laps, so to speak.

This may be of interest to you. Let me know if you like the video information and want to contribute to the Large transformer experiment from Gerard.

All participants in helping with a small donations will receive the detailed test results for energy energy magnification in with Gerard's latest setup.

We are only just beginning to see this experiment through and already we have $550 plus a McCulloch Genset, if everything goes as planned.

We are in no hurry so look over the materials on this newly formed thread and ask question when you chose.

Gerard Morin Videos : New Energy Results | For All Kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOq9C3YSjKg

hi guys if ur doing big time as Morin said MICROSIZING A POWER PLANT
            I SUGGEST TO REPLICATE ALSO HIS 24 V DC SET UP TO LIGHT HOMES USING SOLAR OR PULSE MOTOR OR ANY SOURCE AVAILABLE THE CYNDRICAL MAGNET IS THE SAME IN BIG AQUARIUM PUMPS AS FOR THE DC MOTOR 4K RPMS ANY IDEAS WHERE TO SALVAGE THEM THANKS totoalas

Comment

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
              hi guys if ur doing big time as Morin said MICROSIZING A POWER PLANT
              I SUGGEST TO REPLICATE ALSO HIS 24 V DC SET UP TO LIGHT HOMES USING SOLAR OR PULSE MOTOR OR ANY SOURCE AVAILABLE THE CYNDRICAL MAGNET IS THE SAME IN BIG AQUARIUM PUMPS AS FOR THE DC MOTOR 4K RPMS ANY IDEAS WHERE TO SALVAGE THEM THANKS totoalas
              So did you see something in the video I just posted that still has you excited? I must have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog-One View Post
                So did you see something in the video I just posted that still has you excited? I must have missed it.
                Very nice demo by Griess
                Maybe can suggest using batteries and ceramic magnets / 65 kv ozone transformer only as in the original test made
                cheers
                totoalas
                Last edited by totoalas; 12-31-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Russ Video

In Russ's video he did some testing that was not even close to the Gerard work.

Of course it failed for many reasons.

The first thing is the a 10X larger power capable HV transformer is used, not a 2 stage transformer system with a transformers that use no oil.

Like a car ignition coil uses oil to cool it so does a pole transformer but that is not all oil does when we look at a standing wave.

Here we see pole transformer construction. Also I might add that experimenters are winding their own flybacks to reach a given voltage and putting them into oil.

I bring this up because to make a smaller version set up keeping the proportions from a 50kva down to a 25kva needs to be calculated.

So a smaller version would need to be hand wound in this manner and put down into oil under a vacuum.

Using all those transformers is great experimenting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUO3o5JTGhQ

Comment

Fun with pole Pig

This man says he is going to use this for his Tesla coil experiments. It is very small rated at 3kva.
                    In the picture a 15,000 volt neon sign transformer is used on a smaller scale.
                    Possible 2 different sized neon sign transformer could be sealed in epoxy resins and set in oil.

However many non oil filled transformers do not leave room for oil to get around the windings. Also in the pole transformer 2 metals are used, (gerard points this out) aluminum for the low voltage side that need the most cooling at the 100 amp @240vac while the high side running at 15,000vac is made of copper.

In the Gerard Pole transformer experiment 2 sizes are used for good reason. First a genset supplies 1/20th of the power needed (1/10th the amps) to MAX the 50kva so using this calculation we can resize accordingly.

From the 50kva pig running on 20amps (It can handle 208amps) the energy goes to the second pole trans. starting at the high side and finally stepped down at the low voltage side. Yet we should remember that the second transformer windings can handle only half (100amps) the amps of the 50kva.

This will help in the capture and conversion of the first transformers energy output. Matching for translation is big in audio work as well, see cross overs in audio outputs.

Mikey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfsiAFdRh-g

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-31-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Cash Money

$125 no fuss no muss no bother.

McCulloch Mite-E-Lite

Posted Dec 15th never get a better deal

Going once going going gone. Better hurry. It is in Canada.

Generator-McCulloch Mite-E-Lite | power tools | Oshawa / Durham Region | Kijiji

Comment

$275 Mite-E-Lite

Not sure when it was posted but it looks to be still there. This one is big in Indiana one place wants $500 shipping watch out for that one.

VINTAGE McCULLOCH MITE-E-LITE MK5-20 115V 230V PORTABLE GENTERATOR 5HP ENGINE – LightMachs.com

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-02-2015, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I contacted the guy in Canada. He responded, but is not willing to go through the hassle of shipping to the U.S.
                          Dave
                          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                            Not sure when it was posted but it looks to be still there. This one is big in Indiana one place wants $500 shipping watch out for that one.

VINTAGE McCULLOCH MITE-E-LITE MK5-20 115V 230V PORTABLE GENTERATOR 5HP ENGINE – LightMachs.com

Take a look at this:

Vintage McCulloch Mite E Lite MK5 20 115V 230V Portable Genterator 5HP Engine | eBay

I wonder if it's the same generator?

Regards,

VIDBID
                            Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Keep asking

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                              I contacted the guy in Canada. He responded, but is not willing to go through the hassle of shipping to the U.S.
                              Dave
                              Keep at him. He is afraid it will cost a fortune and you won't want to pay, Probably? I had a 900 pound roll of welding wire sent to me that only cost $99 surplus and the guy told me it would cost twice that to ship it.

I didn't care. So shipping might cost $100-$150 so what. Did you tell him that? See many old timers out there don't realize that the shipping price is worth it however pricey.

He could hold the GENSET til he got the extra check for shipping cost?

Seems like it should be doable.

We will find more.

Mikey

Comment

Yes and No

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                                Take a look at this:

Vintage McCulloch Mite E Lite MK5 20 115V 230V Portable Genterator 5HP Engine | eBay

I wonder if it's the same generator?

Regards,

VIDBID
                                It is the same type but a different location, the one you posted is not running. Yes we did see this one already, well we see this guy has some, more than one it looks like. He is in Indiana

The other guy of course is in Canada but you did not mean him, I know.

Mikey

Comment

Working...
                                X