Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My motor did not come in on Friday so hopefully on Tuesday it will be at my office. I have ran a few more tests will post pics soon.

-Altrez

Comment

• Still at large

My dad passed away, so had to make a trip to Arizona to help out my mom. This puts things on hold for me for at least a couple weeks, which puts me way behind on my house remodel. Sorry guys. My plate is just overflowing for the next few weeks.

Dave
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
        My dad passed away, so had to make a trip to Arizona to help out my mom. This puts things on hold for me for at least a couple weeks, which puts me way behind on my house remodel. Sorry guys. My plate is just overflowing for the next few weeks.

Dave
        Sorry to hear about your loss!

-Altrez

Comment

• So my motor came in today. I started with fully charged battery's one and two. Battery 3 would not run my test load of a 30 watt cfl hooked to a 75 watt inverter. I let battery three charge up to 13.9 volts and connected the inverter.

It ran for 30 minutes and then stopped. I am now recharging battery three to see if I can get more run time. Battery three will run the inverter cfl setup for 1 hour and 22 minutes if I charge it from my 12 volt charger.

I have data logging on battery three to see how it acts while charging then under load.

The series batters are still draining but the motor has been running the whole time and seemed to speed up when I hooked up the inverter.

-Altrez

Comment

• Altrez,
            If you want to mess with the 3BGS you should follow the directions in the first post on that forum for determining if you have the right bad battery and how to balance the load to get extended run times.

Dave
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
              Altrez,
              If you want to mess with the 3BGS you should follow the directions in the first post on that forum for determining if you have the right bad battery and how to balance the load to get extended run times.

Dave
              Yes I will I was just playing around with the setup I have now. A two battery series running a load to a parallel running a load seems to not work well. I will post some pics tomorrow.

I need a dyno to watch the speed and torque of the scooter motor but cant find one under 3 grand.

having said all that I have less run time then with 3 battery's in parallel. And that makes sense to me.

-Altrez

Comment

• This is a pic of my first run.

-Altrez

Comment

• A few pics of my setup.

Here are my findings from my first round of basic testing last night.

1. Battery 3 will charge with the motor connected. I logged its voltage so I know that is fact.

2. The motor runs in the Tesla Switch / SBGS system that Turion shared with us so that is a fact.

3. You can run a load from battery 3 while the system is running. In my case I ran a 75 watt inverter and a 30 watt CFL you can see from the pic I posted when I attached the inverter and when it stoped running the CFL. So that is a fact.

4. Battery 2 drained a lot faster then battery 1. I watched this with a meter and verified with a different meter. So that is a fact.

Tonight I will test a fully depleted Battery 3 one that I ran down to under a volt. let it charge to 14 volts and switch it with battery 2. Then once battery 2 now in the 3 position is up to 14 volts I will run the inverter test again.

I plan to keep the voltage logger in the third position. If anyone can suggest more tests I would be happy to do them.

-Altrez

Comment

• Should the motor run with some sort of load, a prony brake for instance?

I have come across a 36v MY1016. Presumably we must have 24v versions?
                    Last edited by wrtner; 10-15-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys its been a long time since I've been on here. I still have a modified rewound motor and a stock one. I also have 3, 5ah SLA batteries if they will work. I would like to follow along again. Will this type of battery work or not? And I'm not sure of how you are modifying the scooter motors. Is it the old zig zag design and brush changes we did years ago or something different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones
                        SO there is a little confusion going on.
                        First you have a 3 battery system outlined by John Bedini years ago. Go Back a couple of pages Aaron posted links to the setup.
                        So with this system the goal is to charge 3 batteries while running a load. You do this by running 2 batteries in series to get 24 volt, and you connect the hots with a load in the middles and you connect the grounds with out a load.
                        Run the thing till the 3rd battery hits 14.5 volt or so then shut the system down. Let it sit till they stabilize. Then take the battery with the lowest voltage and put it in the charge slot. Again, and again and again. Over time you find all the batteries have come up in charge. Most of the time anyway.

Second is Davids (Turion) 3BGS. Now this cam about because on John Bedini's drawing it says DEAD BATTERY. That was Johns term for "Battery without Charge".
                        David took it literally........ And found NEW results yet unseen.
                        So the setup goes as follows....
                        You have 2 batteries in series to make 24 volt. The load (and MY1016 Razor scooter motor) comes off of the HOT side of the 24v bank into HOT of the motor. The ground of the motor goes into the HOT side of the DEAD BATTERY. Then the ground of the 24v bank ground to the ground of the dead battery.
                        If you battery is dead TRULY, the load will not run. You can wait and see if at some time it starts running or You put a light bulb or a small resistive load across the dead battery to get the motor going.

Now if everything happens to fall into place the 24 volt bank will charge up. Or at minimum run for a very long time with out discharging. This may happen with the resistive load across the dead battery or it may not happen.

The test is to see how long the thing runs and how much current is flowing through the system. Then we have to look at the C20 discharge rate of the battery and reasonably assume how much power should have come opposed to how much power actually came.

So make sure you are doing one of the 2 experiments and not getting confused because they are so similar.

Matt
                        Hello Matt,

Thank you for the post. I have read the 3BGS thread and all the stuff on the Tesla Switch. I am looking for a dead battery and its harder then it seems. So while that is going on I am doing tests with the 1st method as it can use 3 good batteries.

I am looking forward to you guys posting the steps for the replication of a basic free energy device as well.

-Altrez

Comment

• Matt or anyone else that can answer,
                          Both systems are basically wired up the same except the one system is using a "dead battery with possibly a resistive load". Is that correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                            Matt or anyone else that can answer,
                            Both systems are basically wired up the same except the one system is using a "dead battery with possibly a resistive load". Is that correct?
                            Yes thats correct.

-Altrez

Comment

• Hi All,

Just started my next test. I am using a 20 watt 12v Lamp as the load. The battery's are all good but #3 is not charged. I am logging position 3 and will do 1 swap to see what happens.

I plan to bring position 3 up to 14.5 volts if it will go that high.

-Altrez

Comment

• Hi Matt,

I was thinking over your earlier diagram which used a buck boost module as the regulator. I originally thought the purpose of that was to boost voltage in a way that the 24v razor motor would see 24v, rather than the difference between it and the charging battery. As Im sure you know, the 24v motor will only turn so well at 1/2 its intended input. Still useable none the less. But wouldnt it make more sense to use a 12v motor? Or is this solved through the rewiring of the 24v motor? Also, the boost module you linked seems to only put out 30watts. How does this effect our 200-300W motor? Or does your mod decrease amperage?

I just noticed that the 24v 120W scooter motor I have is made by unite, which I believe is the same company making the my1016. I have two of them so I will pull one apart and see what its like inside.

@ Turion. Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hope you can get it all sorted and join us again shortly.

Regards
                                Last edited by ren; 10-16-2014, 12:14 AM.
                                "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Working...
                                X