Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me? I'm not seeing much evidence for either Suppression or FE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The title says it all.

Comment

Indeed, we are using the scientific method in pursuit of a novel energy source, which I have encouraged those on this forum to use also.

Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post
      There is a conference at the University of Missouri (Mizzou) in a month,

IMO, the most compelling observations of anomalous heat events have been by the NRL team, where RF generation was observed to accompany anomalous heat excursions; see data ON previous page, bottom, (from ICCF-17).

The origin of the anomalous heat is not known at this time; it may be nuclear (LENR), but this has yet to be determined.
      If you will study the NRL data cited, do you not find it compelling?

What will come from this meeting ICCF-18, next month?

Comment

Indeed, we are using the scientific method in pursuit of a novel energy source, which I have encouraged those on this forum to use also.
        Are you attending the conference?

What do you make of the fact that Rossi's only sold 2 e-Cats and is currently looking to literally give away a third (worth $1.5 million) to anyone willing to showcase it in operation to potential customers? All they have to pay for is the fuel and to run it.

Comment

Amazing -- you seem, Ein, to be skirting my question, asked now again:

But I will answer you this time:
          Originally posted by Ein~+ein View Post
          Are you attending the conference?

What do you make of the fact that Rossi's only sold 2 e-Cats and is currently looking to literally give away a third (worth $1.5 million) to anyone willing to showcase it in operation to potential customers? All they have to pay for is the fuel and to run it.
          Yes, I'm planning to attend but not yet fully registered. It may be expensive to attend, unfortunately.

I asked a Professor at Univ of Missouri when I spoke there Oct 2012, what he though of Rossi's claims. He did not believe Rossi. Likewise I do not find Rossi's data compelling for his claim of p-Nickel reactions. I asked Rossi for gamma spectra (additional data), he did not respond favorably. I expect Rossi's claims to be discussed by conference attendees.

Comment

Yes, it certainly is despite how I distrust Andrea Rossi. Following Fleischmann and Pons discovery in '89, cold fusion research became discredited and articles on the subject became difficult to publish despite positive results, with multiple, independent verifications which are still vying for acceptability by the academic establishment as this list of some of the profs who may be speakers at the conference suggests. I first read about their work 3 yrs ago in Michael Brook's bestseller '13 Things that Don't Make Sense' .

For the suppressionists: Is there any evidence that universities unwilling to sponsor cold fusion research do so on account of where their funding comes from:

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PhysicsProf View Post
              Einstein:
              Yes, it certainly is despite how I distrust Andrea Rossi. .
              I see that we are making progress! even if slowly.
              I intend to report on the latest in the field, from the ICCF-18 conference.

Comment

Einstein:

I see that we are making progress! even if slowly.
                I intend to report on the latest in the field, from the ICCF-18 conference.
                Looking forward to it!

I have to say, even the most skeptical FE claims investigator considers LENR a reality. I'm just surprised there's so little discussion about it here.

By the way, what's your take on the Mallove's murder? Was it suppression related?

Comment

Looking forward to it!

I have to say, even the most skeptical FE claims investigator considers LENR a reality.
                  Are you speaking generally or referring to someone?

I'm just surprised there's so little discussion about it here.
                  Good point.

By the way, what's your take on the Mallove's murder? Was it suppression related?
                  Gene Mallove was a friend of mine, doing his best IMO to bring out the truth. While we did not agree on everything, we agreed on much and I respected and supported him.

Was his murder suppression-related? I think so, yes, but how to prove that? Evidently the police have not done much to find out (to their discredit). I was deeply saddened by his death.

Gene wrote this about me, very kind, before his passing. I would disagree with Gene that I was an outspoken critic of excess heat findings -- rather, I was an outspoken critic of claims that such xs heat findings were due to d-d fusion!
                  Yes, I said the xs heat was not due to d-d fusion, and I believe that by now most researchers in the field would agree with me -- but I do find the evidence for excess heat to be quite compelling and worth further study.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PhysicsProf; 06-22-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Ah, just found the abstract by the NRL group for the ICCF18 conference in July:

Low Energy Nuclear Reaction Research at the Naval Research Laboratory
                    D.A. Kidwell1, D.D. Dominguez1, A.E. Moser2, J.H. He2, K.S. Grabowski1, G.K. Hubler1 C.A. Carosella1, C. Cetina2 and D.L. Knies1 1Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375 USA 2NOVA Research, Inc., Alexandria, VA
                    We have explored the field of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) for about eight years focusing on transmutation, electrochemistry, and gas loading with the latter two being the most fruitful. In electrochemistry, palladium foil is loaded with deuterium in a closed electrochemical cell contained in a calorimeter. Occasionally, excess energy is produced that is much larger than can be accounted for by chemistry or the electrical input into the system. Unfortunately, the poor reproducibility (<6%) prevented discovery of the trigger for this excess heat. In gas loading, palladium nanoparticles are pressurized with deuterium. While the resultant heat is very reproducible, it is much lower than from electrochemical experiments and therefore harder to characterize as unconventional chemistry. In both approaches to LENR only energy (as heat) is produced – neither nuclear products nor transmutations have been firmly established.
                    Science is data driven. Once a hypothesis is formed, the most important scientific task is to disprove the hypothesis. Only after failure to find conflicting data is a hypothesis accepted as likely correct, but that acceptance can change on a moments notice when new data arises. Although simple in concept, LENR experiments have subtle pitfalls to trap the more casual researcher, and much of our effort has gone into uncovering these pitfalls. Through a historical perspective, I will discuss the application of the scientific method to selected results and how incorrect conclusions could have been easily made. In contrast, we can find no artifacts to explain the data for some of our results, and therefore we must conclude that an unknown source of energy exists and is worthy of more attention.
                    http://iccf18.research.missouri.edu/...ll_Keynote.pdf

we can find no artifacts to explain the data for some of our results, and therefore we must conclude that an unknown source of energy exists and is worthy of more attention.

"we must conclude that an UNKNOWN SOURCE OF ENERGY EXISTS" -- just as I have been saying for a LONG time! They did not say "fusion" or even LENR! they said, UNKNOWN SOURCE OF ENERGY. Finally!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Einstein
                      Why did slavery end in the 19th century? Simple. We went from exploiting black people to black coal until we hit upon 'black gold'. When you consider that 3 large spoonfuls of crude oil contain about the same amount of energy as eight hours of human manual labor--slavery is just too damn expensive!
                      You have NO idea how much your post actually SUPPORTS my viewpoint.

Energy from OIL was enough to free the slaves...
                      Energy from thin air would be enough to free man kind...

When it costs nothing to run a machine...machines will run everything.

[slavery] No, it actually did end (apart from criminal behaviour). It seems your another one of those attempting to redefine vocab to suit one's own agenda.
                      Redefine vocab? What word did I redefine? Do you understand what the definition of slavery is?

Slavery | Define Slavery at Dictionary.com
                      Slavery - A state of subjection like that of a slave: He was kept in slavery by drugs.
                      The human race is kept in slavery by money. Do me a favor Einstein, take all of your money out of your wallet and your bank accounts, and throw it away.
                      Within a couple months you will not survive without first begging for the help of others. No one has any real independent comfort of living on this planet.
                      Everything is built on the backs of others. Why? Energy.

Equality is not desirable? That is something only the master of the slave would say.

In India and China and other non-Christian countries, people simply accept their 'caste' or place in the pecking order.
                      So, you really think people don't have a problem accepting their place in the pecking order but it wouldn't be possible for those same people to accept being equal?
                      I never cared for religion because I think it perpetuates the same misconception, that men must obey the master. (I grew up going to catholic schools, had great teachers and students)
                      I believe in the singularity, all souls are the same soul, If we weren't here to experience life what else would an eternal soul do.

If free energy is real, there would be no reason for every human being not to have an equal standard of living. Equality for the most part should then be prevalent throughout the world.
                      There would no longer be the few who possess everything and the many who possess nothing.
                      Last edited by jdodson; 06-23-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdodson View Post
                        If free energy is real, there would be no reason for every human being not to have an equal standard of living. Equality for the most part should then be prevalent throughout the world.
                        There would no longer be the few who possess everything and the many who possess nothing.
                        You obviously didn't get my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ein~+ein
                          I have to say, even the most skeptical FE claims investigator considers LENR a reality.
                          [QUOTE=PhysicsProf;233726]Are you speaking generally or referring to someone?

I'm referring to Mark Dansie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Einstein
                            "Equality is neither achievable nor desirable." -Renee Girard, in commenting on the prophetic nature of this Biblical quote from Jesus:
                            Originally posted by jdodson
                            You obviously didn't get my point.
                            Everyone gets your point, you don't believe FE is real and will be a naysayer until proven wrong

My point was that if it is real, there are great incentives for its suppression by those in the upper hierarchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdodson View Post
                              Everyone gets your point, you don't believe FE is real and will be a naysayer until proven wrong.

My point was that if it is real, there are great incentives for its suppression by those in the upper hierarchy.
                              According to Sterling Allan of PESN.com, the self-described FE cheerleader who's been researching and reporting on exotic energy for years, the 'upper hierarchy' is none other than the FE community:
                              (Go to 0:58:12) "...these technologies will be held back, not by the powers that be, but by the angels.... That's the paradigm that seems to make sense to me as to why these things are being held back because there are so many things that are so close and it's just like pulling your hair out, going, 'Why is this not materializing?"

Does it not appear to any believers here, the 'upper hierarchy' is losing it's kryptonite grip? Why would they be tantalizing us with press reports of hi-efficiency, lo-cost solar, other research breakthroughs, permit MIT and other universities to conduct and report on LENR research?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ein~+ein View Post
                                According to Sterling Allan of PESN.com, the self-described FE cheerleader who's been researching and reporting on exotic energy for years, the 'upper hierarchy' is none other than the FE community:
                                (Go to 0:58:12) "...these technologies will be held back, not by the powers that be, but by the angels.... That's the paradigm that seems to make sense to me as to why these things are being held back because there are so many things that are so close and it's just like pulling your hair out, going, 'Why is this not materializing?"

Does it not appear to any believers here, the 'upper hierarchy' is losing it's kryptonite grip? Why would they be tantalizing us with press reports of hi-efficiency, lo-cost solar, other research breakthroughs, permit MIT and other universities to conduct and report on LENR research?
                                As I said before I think its a combination of suppression and complexity of the technology. Its obviously not as simple as sticking two magnets on a wheel.

I admit I don't know much about cold fusion, but if it uses electrolysis (and from what I may recall you said that method isn't very efficient at producing hho) how efficient could it really be at producing nuclear fusion, if it does at all?

I don't think hi-efficient / lo-cost solar is much of a threat to oil, im not sure it would ever be possible to paint your car with solar paint and produce enough power to drive. Even if it were, would anyone be able to afford it? What about a rainy week, no one goes to work?

Regardless of efficiency, wind and solar don't deliver power on demand at any and all times.
                                I am not surprised the TPTB would have no problem allowing development of those technologies.

If you are naive enough to believe the military industrial complex does not possess far more advanced technology than we are aware of, ask your self this...

What would you yourself develop with a yearly salary of a couple hundred billion dollars and having all of the nations brightest minds at your disposal?

You really think they only know as much about things like gravity, as we do? I would think again.

BTW, Whats MIT's budget?

Comment

Working...
                                X