Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philmZ View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    Hmm, interesting, do you have other photos of your setup? I think of building one too if I can
    did you keep the pressure generated by the steam or was it open?
    did you keep the temperature from boiling pot to jet (insulated pipe) or was it a regular pipe?
    I get email alerts to this thread so the replies are pretty quick

Unfortunately I do not have any more photos. I crudely and simply tried to follow the diagrams and patent drawings of the jet. The main things to consider:

waterjetpatent.jpg

There were a lot of both pressure and temperature leakages through out the setup. If you have a way to weld and cut aluminium with the appropriate mix of aluminium tubes then you could have a lot more fun than I did.

BTW - I did not even have to aerate the water in my test to get it working. Aeration improves the steam/water mix thus giving it more power and efficiency.

Comment

Thanks again! It's very useful.
      I really don't get how mixing air can improve it? My intuition falsely presume that vacuum would be more effective without air around since this added gaz is compressible and may "absorb" the shock.
      Unfortunately I cannot weld aluminium so I guess I'll try with plastic, but since the shock can happen before reaching the exhaust it might need extra work.

Comment

use copper and jb weld instead?
        The pure in heart will see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by philmZ View Post
          Thanks again! It's very useful.
          I really don't get how mixing air can improve it? My intuition falsely presume that vacuum would be more effective without air around since this added gaz is compressible and may "absorb" the shock.
          Unfortunately I cannot weld aluminium so I guess I'll try with plastic, but since the shock can happen before reaching the exhaust it might need extra work.
          In effect the air creates turbulence in the mixing chamber which allows for the steam to more effectively mix with the water. Without the turbulence the laminar flow of water will only collapse the steam around the circumference of the steam outlet of the mixing chamber. I found that during the tests I did the steam would often 'flashback' into the steam chamber. The aeration mixture I would assume would prevent this while also distributing the steam within the mixture chamber so that the vacuum would be centred. This is my assumption anyway.

Here is another view on it.

PDX.jpg

Also, using plastic has its limitations due to melting but it could work for some initial experiments.

Comment

Originally posted by tachyon View Post
            use copper and jb weld instead?
            Give it a try but the combination of water, heat and pressure will likely break break anything that is not aluminium. It all depends on how far you want to take it I suppose.

Comment

bronze pipes?

Comment

Ok, air flow looks pretty important so it adds a compressor to the energy list and another parameter to tweak.
                About the steam chamber: Did you tried the complicated designs we see in drawings? Have any hint how to design it properly?

Yeah, plastic is poor man's solution, bronze is not available for me (it's for the production I think). Aluminum and epoxy should work too. I expect leakage.

I'm just curious and want to understand why and how it works, I won't make a 300hp engine BTW, I've seen PDX manufactured a lightning fast bechamel maker but no marine jet engine AFAIK, now PDX news talks about acquiring ... gambling websites (?) What happened to them?
                Is the conclusion that it's a better mixer (food, fire extinguisher) than a propeller?

Oh, I forgot to ask: how to regulate the power? Does steam pressure and/or air flow are linked and can manage the output without loosing efficiency? Does it have a minimum shockwave/speed? And a max one? How to (easily) track efficiency?

Comment

any reply?
                  Would love it

Comment

it works because liquid water has smaller atom spacing compared to water steam, since water steam is heated its atoms collide more frequently because more kinetic energy and hence the bigger pressure, when water steam cools to liquid water the volume is reduced hence pressure is reduced below 1 atmosphere... and that happens instantaneously , outside pressure does the work on the system Force=DifferenceInPressure*Area
                    Last edited by tachyon; 09-05-2013, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks tachyon.
                      I guess I'll have to test for myself and draw a conclusion.

Comment

Thanks for the Reboot on this one

I need to get back in the water !!

Also to try a Nice strong standing wave.. in a purpose built [by mother nature ] cavity resonator .

Like the one mother nature made for the pistol shrimp ,.

a friend recently reminded me of the "emissions" which manifest around a cavitating propeller in water .

respectfully
                        Chet
                        Last edited by RAMSET; 05-21-2016, 06:06 PM.
                        If you want to Change the world
                        BE that change !!

Comment

been giving this thought

tutanka
                          We are talking of mechanism of nature for energy creation.. Meyer was wrong.. the thermal explosive energy don't born from hydrogen and oxygen.. I was wrong about nitrogen.. no chemical reaction appear inside Meyer reaction.. you don't need ionized air .. this is just for confuse the mind.. because the process is very simple and anyone can make this.. we are talking of hydrogen bond energy.. when the steam impact on cold water condense into droplets. Water is like an wall and this collision release electrons from droplets.. these electrons are absorbed from the air making negative ions like in an waterfall. The final result is repulsion force of positive atomic nuclei. The smaller the droplets are, the more bonds have been broken and the stronger the observed overall repulsion (explosion) becomes.
                          end quote
                          -------------------------------------------

Thank you for your thoughts on this .

A lot of the above would seem intuitive ,some would need additional clarity ?

have you done experiments which manifest these results ?
                          can you make some recommendations for experimenting with this ?

respectfully
                          Chet
                          BE that change !!

Comment

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post

Thank you for your thoughts on this .

A lot of the above would seem intuitive ,some would need additional clarity ?

have you done experiments which manifest these results ?
                            can you make some recommendations for experimenting with this ?

respectfully
                            Chet

You need suggestions? If an tube 20 centimetres long, 9 centimetres in diameter, and weighs 2.5 kilograms can produce 22kW of thrust you can make simply an artificial hydroelectric generator of 3Kw for power your home or your car. The steam is just the kinetic energy needed for obtain the reaction on water .. condensation of water droplets and the action of HBE (hydrogen bond energy) directly on anelastic water and you obtain an water jet with an pressure three times the initial steam pressure.. finally you obtain an silent water electric generator with an efficiency >90% that can works in LOOP mode 24h/day without need an battery storage. You can produce the steam in various ways.. solar, wood ,oil OR diesel, gasoline, gas... This is the first step to energy independence!! That's isn't enough for you??
                            Last edited by tutanka; 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Magical.....

But completely plausible IMO

I dream often of this project , however machining/fabricating in the dark
                              is a pleasure I have no time for ATM

a sea drive with no moving parts running on a condensate shockwave
                              would take some unique manifolds [with one way flow
                              [there is a design somewhere for this "one way" flow

this type of prototyping enters the domain of the casual fabricator with 3D printing

the world is changing !

and oh what fun it will be !!
                              BE that change !!

Comment

Now i need rossi MAHG.

Comment

Working...
                                X