Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Lester J Hendershot's magnetic generator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L1/c1

"And now about circuit: The device has two generators. One generator excites inverter for powering up second generator of nanosecond pulses and powers up main coil. Next - the coils. The coils is winded on plastic core material and contain 3 windings: First with wire about 0,25-0,3mm (will say exact measurements when I will unwind coils. It is ex-Tesla coil with additional windings added in later experiments). Next coil is on top of first is resonant coil with wire diameter 0,65mm (will call it resonant coil because it has connected only capacitor with capacity 1,5 micro farrads x 400V). Next coil is 50 Ohm....
    SOUND FAMILIAR??? (despite its "Russian accent")

Found at overunity.com:
    Kapanadze Cousin - DALLY FREE ENERGY

Sounds to me like the concept of having a resonant LC on the same form with other coils is essential in these types of devices.

Just food for thought....
    Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

TREC - I do not wish to deal with any item which is not already *open source* on the 'net. We move forwards only by free publication and open sharing so that everyone can try/ use and provide hands-on feedback for improvements etc.
      The other links you provide mention NMR too - as I suggested happens here within the core of the Hendershot device, though resonantly and without sparks.

Those 'buzzer' coils were likely 110Vac capable; the same Hendershot environment in which they must not overheat.

Please note that whilst I have proposed possible activities within the device I am not stating your concept is wrong; we need conclusive evidence in order to establish a modus-operandi.

Cheers .......... Graham.
      Last edited by GSM; 10-08-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

ChrisW you are correct about the input bit of energy. GSM you are correct about core, but what is a core anyway ? Take a coil with iron core, isn't a core also a secondary like in Tesla coil ?

We could better precise : a source of electrons generated inside by induction of rotating Earth. Add ground also , the same.

The main problem is the efficient receiver. We have to construct a closed loop system with resistive load (or inductive but it complicated a lot of things) which do not deplete resonant condition, only slightly damp. Then antenna or core and/or ground connection to receive a bit of energy or/and electrons.
        With currently used types of circuits it's impossible because resonance is strictly "stiffen" by connection to power source which damp or disturb natural oscillations. The same about Lenz law.

Comment

Originally posted by morpher44 View Post
          Hi Graham and others.

I was trying to break this down more simply and was inspired to do this:
          Hendershot's Compass Discovery (more carefully done) - YouTube

What a great hobby.
          Hi Morpher,

So pleased to hear from you !
          I'm still trying to catch up with posts, and value yours greatly.

Re your linked video.
          After I saw it in 2010 I superglued two neodi magnets with like poles together. I had to make a screwed wooden clamp in order to keep them from spinning or sliding apart.
          I had two Norths lengthways off the 'magnet' ends, with the South equatorial, such that when the composite magnet was rotated, a compass sensed the N and S poles, and spun twice per 'magnet' revolution.

Then I overwound a coil such that when DC was passed through the winding over the magnet the compass could be made to gradually deflect angularly in different directions according to direction of current flow, or be induced to spin via pulsing as you demonstrated, and thus an applied single phase AC would generate fully rotating but oppositely spinning fields for equatorially positioned compasses either side of the long N-S-N poled centre line !

Your video just made me think about Hendershot's bipolar magnetron magnet. He was bound to have had everything about this in his head all those years ago.

My imagined modus operandi for the Hendershot generator relates to longitudinal HF phonic (domain) resonance about a circumferential centre line half way along the core length, with phased longitudinal LF field, tuned resonant field and shorted turn effectively generating a mutually rotating and coupled field between like coils.
          There has though been considerable excess energy which I think could relate to simultaneous NMR when tuning characteristics match core material.

Yes, and hobbies are even better when they are made to pay for themselves.
          (Was looking for a smiley with knowing wink, but don't see one.)

Cheers ............ Graham.
          Last edited by GSM; 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

In Morphers vid I suppose he is using the same solenoid both wound the same way I wonder what the effect would be if the solenoids were wound opposite, would the compasses rotate opposite?

dave
            Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
              ChrisW you are correct about the input bit of energy. GSM you are correct about core, but what is a core anyway ? Take a coil with iron core, isn't a core also a secondary like in Tesla coil ?
              A core is normally of matter where electron spin orbits within are induced to align, but where electron (field) activity is also controlled (light speed limited) by the atomic structure of the matter.
              A Tesla coil does not have a core other than the free surface congregated electrons and the winding itself, so not all of Tesla coil/ electrode activity is light speed limited.

We could better precise : a source of electrons generated inside by induction of rotating Earth. Add ground also , the same.
              Source of electrons ? Or movement of electron charge through a closed system ? I wonder.
              Source of energy being generated for the load to dissipate ???

The main problem is the efficient receiver. We have to construct a closed loop system with resistive load (or inductive but it complicated a lot of things) which do not deplete resonant condition, only slightly damp. Then antenna or core and/or ground connection to receive a bit of energy or/and electrons.
              With currently used types of circuits it's impossible because resonance is strictly "stiffen" by connection to power source which damp or disturb natural oscillations. The same about Lenz law.
              +/- 90 loading current from L2,3,4 overwinds, out of phase with 0/180 degree buzzer regenerating input.

Experimentation is essential, and yet I too wonder like Chris if beforehand we might be able to establish a better starting point; for example what about using a variable frequency square wave driven transformer secondary in place of the magnetic buzzer ?

Morpher, you have studied Hendershot buzzer characteristics, do you think this could be worth a try, or would the nature of induced current/ voltage phase relationship be wrong such that we would need reactive (tuned series or parallel C-L) drive ?

Last edited by GSM; 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Trec

Graham,

The TREC is indeed open source on Yahoo group OneSmallStepForMan. My compilation simply boils it down to the most pertinent facts. My offer still stands.

Chris

Comment

Thwack!!

ChrisW you are correct about the input bit of energy. GSM you are correct about core,

The main problem is the efficient receiver. We have to construct a closed loop system with resistive load (or inductive but it complicated a lot of things) which do not deplete resonant condition, only slightly damp.
                  Hi Chris,

I answered Special Agent Boguslaw's earlier above post with this comment -

"Source of electrons ? Or movement of electron charge through a closed system ? I wonder.
                  Source of energy being generated for the load to dissipate ???"

I wrote that purely as a reply, but it resonated with repeated thought synchronicity, until it came back as a head slap this morning.

Everybody is seeking a replacement for electric power - whether via electrons or ions, or alpha or beta energisation, or plasma release - in order to provide energy - to consume energy - the bi-products of which eventually pollute our home planet.

But (forgetting grammar) Hendershot was not making energy by generating new electrons, he was merely moving charge via a closed circuit of electrons which already exist, and the only mechanism he had for doing this was via those buzzer mechanisms.

And (forgetting grammar again) that head slap made me realise this - when buzzer coils are tested for inductance, exactly as any investigating scientist would, their cores are NOT polarised !

The core of a Hendershot buzzer has temporary remenence - like a magnetic short circuit - so the buzzer coils simply cannot have the same high impedance as is measured on the test bench, and as arises in real-world Hendershot device operation just prior to their instant of core field collapse and then reversed sequence repeated when vibrating in the magnet field !

Which brings me more to your way of thinking Chris, for Hendershot's buzzer cores were to a magnetc field as like capacitors are to an electric field. The electron spin orbits within the core (domain alignments) were aligning with the magnet's already polarised (and polarising) spin orbit, then, as the core spin orbits returned to molecular normal (field collapse) the windings transduced an energy pulse - this with an active electrical time constant related to the length of the buzzer winding and its electrical characteristics at the instant of field collapse, and not merely the passive inductance of the winding, which would be more like an HF high impedance (virtual OC) for any cyclic momentary period during which the core was not energised.

Did the flip-flop tank cores need to be tuned to the buzzer pulse width, this being of much higher frequency that the buzzer's mechanical vibration frequency - and yet - with both of these frequencies subsequently needing to be mechanically/ electrically synchronised ? !

Which brings me back to my last post, for maybe a LF square wave output drive, via a series capacitor, which HF pulse resonates a transformer, could replace the buzzer for experimental purposes, whilst a 180 degree phased/ balanced/ coupled twin HF oscillating tank coil arrangement, is tuned to the energising transformer resonance, and AC load tested with +/- 90 degree series capacitor phasing at LF.

(Makes me think of spark energised arrangements like Don's, though there, any phase shifted loading was not apparent.)

Cheers ......... Graham.
                  Last edited by GSM; 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Magnetic Bias

Greetings, Graham,

Shame on you, starting sentences with "And" and "But" -- surely, the Queen would not approve! Long live the Queen! (from the roar of the crowd comes a voice "And all who sail in her!" )

Funny, just as I was also coming around to your way of thinking! On more than one occassion, George Bugh mentions a "weak, static, magnetic bias field" to achieve spin resonance.

Looking at Lester's earlier designs, three things jump out at me. 1) He had a coil surrounded by a magnetic "yoke," the precise definition of which remains uncertain, but at the bottom of this coil is a RING MAGNET. 2) Looking at his amplification system, one sees four coils (page 33 of Hilton), two of which are turned at 90° to the other two, and 3) his consistent use of a strip of metal, which Hilton calls the "resonator strip."

In (1) and (2), do you not see a means of providing a BIAS field? In (3), is not the suspended metal strip mechanically equivalent to the Mark 3 version's spring-loaded metal strip (on the end OPPOSITE the permanent magnet)?

Whilst his mechanical design varied slightly from one creation to the next, the underlying principle remained consistent throughout the years.

At its core (pardon the pun), every Hendershot device is a magnetic amplifier within a resonant system (with the possible exception of his motor, which I perceive to be a predecessor to Bedini, sans battery -- perhaps worthy of future discussion), in which all of the energy in the system is recycled and is used to build an ever increasing amount of energy, limited only by the physical ability of the system to carry the current (e.g., wire sizes, capacitance, etc.).

"Oscillators amplify, and amplifiers oscillate," Lawrence once told me. The Mark III is a magnetic amplifier embedded in an oscillator.

To momentarily digress:

You mentioned previously that you didn't think there was any POWER in all that EM noise all around us. Google "ambient energy antenna" and see how many hits come back. Now imagine such a system on a LARGE scale, using copper tubing and wire no smaller than 8AWG in the inductors and antenna system, wherein the energy is compressed into increasingly smaller bandwidths, where the voltage is raised to several kV, then allowed to jump a spark gap, thereby creating oscillation. If that's not enough to whet your imagination, look up Art Bell's loop antenna, built from 10AWG cooper wire, elevated to a height of 65 feet. He (stupidly, IMHO) paid someone to SUPPRESS the energy on the antenna so he could safely plug it into his ham radio equipment without blowing out the front end electronics.

Interview With Coast-to-Coast's Talk Show Host - Art Bell - C. Crane Company (800) 522-8863

Oh yes, make no mistake, the energy is there, it's real, and with a bit of work (and significant expense), very much usable!

Back to Hendershot:

There is undoubtedly a high frequency component, as I see it, at the L1/C1 and L2 level, and I suspect it's tied into that "virtual ground" idea that we've been kicking about. I further suspect that the lower 40uF cap serves as a capacitive coupling point to L2. In other words, the additional and recycled energy is fed to that cap, which then releases it into the oscillatory part of the system, similar to the way in which a cap is used to feed the base of a transistor. I'm not solid on this point, but that's where my intuition is leading me at the moment.

Okay, my brain is now depleted. Time to get tuned back into the universe...

Chris

Comment

Ufff...sorry cannot help more because I'm not following Hendershot devices history or even remember his circuits. However I'm fully aware that magnetic current can flow infinitely inside iron core and we can re-use it continously to create charge separation when we know how. Ed Leedscalnin knew for example.
                      Charge separation seeks to balance and ....

Comment

Let's look bigger scope.... Earth is rotating, someone says its magnetic field is rotating too, but the fact is - it doesn't matter if it's rotating or not, because here we are all bond to gravity field and are in the same point of reference so any current induced in wire by Earth field is not visible unless.... you know what Hendershot,Hubbard,Ed Leedscalnin, C.Amman, Clemente Figuera (known as Figueras) knew in period between 1900 and 1939, and of course thousands of other inventors later....

From all those I think Hendershot gone far in explaining the principle. Levitation inside wires . Most probably related to standing electric waves, because Tesla described how he thought about a metalic ring rotating above equator around Earth...
                        according to some theory, the field... is what is turning the earth

the weight of the earth, spinning at about 1000miles per hour...

if i recall correct, the available power is about 100 million horsepower, basically what Tesla said in 1900
                        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                        In the expert's mind there are few.
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

More Revelations

Okay, some of the remaining fog is beginning to clear.

Let's look back at the history, and thus the evolution, of Hendershot's devices. We begin with the Mark I.

Note: All references are to Hilton's research.

Hendershot states that his first "fuelless generator" WORKED ONLY WHEN THE DEVICE WAS PLACED IN A NORTH/SOUTH ORIENTATION.

That's the OPERATIVE (SOURCE) MAGNETIC FIELD. Earth's magnetic field. Although a magnet was located elsewhere in the circuit, the four primary coils, in their alternating positions, amplified a signal sourced by an ANTENNA, and that feeble amount of energy was enough to start the oscillations within the circuit, which then continued to build on itself. I believe it's safe to say that this device is the first derivation of his compass work, and that it's output was likely quite small.

Because Hendershot, or someone interested in the device, found the North/South alignment requirement objectionable, Hendershot set out on development of the the Mark II. In this version, Hendershot dispensed with the planet's magnetic field and devised a new "front end" using a RING MAGNET. Note that the "resonator metal strip" was STILL connected to an ANTENNA to provide the initial energy to set it into oscillation. It is likely that this version was a substantial improvement over the Mark I.

Note that in the Mark II, Hendershot was utilizing only one pole of the ring magnet, the field of which penetrated into the "tuning coil," as Hilton calls it.

Years later, the Mark III emerged. In this version, the resonator was improved by the use of horseshoe magnets, and now TWO "tuning coils" with the ever-present resonator strip, allowing Hendershot to take full advantage of the dual polarity and additional energy gain of a complete, optimal, magnetic circuit.

In summary, both the Mark I and Mark II utilized only ONE magnetic pole, yet still produced a usable current. It wasn't until the Mark III that serious power was developed, an estimated 300 watts worth.

Note that Hendershot's early compass work is what LED to the development of the Mark I, but that ALL later versions utilized MAGNETS, and NOT Earth's magnetic field, as the primary energy source.

Interestingly, Hendershot seems to have dispensed with the antenna in the Mark III model, as Hilton makes no mention of it in the text or the drawings. This could account for the start-up difficulties in that model, leaving me to think that its omission wasn't such a good idea after all.

In closing, it is apparent that Hendershot remained true to his METHOD, while making significant progress with each evolutionary step. It is up to us now to follow in his footsteps and bring this wonderful device back to life. Let us not permit the name Lester Hendershot to fade into historical obscurity!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post

Let us not permit the name Lester Hendershot to fade into historical obscurity!

Chris
                            I agree with everything in your last post Chris, and you know what, we are already bringing his name to the fore. Actually this is as if we are trying to reverse engineer some newly found alien equipment, except it is really a deliberately 'lost' technology, and one that is difficult to understand due to the way we bypass analogue fundamentals in today's hurried way of digital living, where we use devices to satisfy needs without questioning the 'how' of why they work.

I had mentioned the possibility of replacing the magnet/ buzzer assembly with an electronic drive to an energising transformer, and was thinking of something like this (which I already have - somewhere?). This offers an adjustable mark-space ratio and thus a tunable HF pulse width upon the AC drive waveform, whereby the adjustable generator may be tuned to a pair of matching coils, instead of two coils being brought into tuned operation with the still unknown and variable characteristics of a magnet buzzer. This would be like optimising spark duration on an already timed fuel injected engine, instead of having to do the same as well as choose jets, balance carbs and set up timing on a 'V' engine by ear.
                            Power Pulse Modulator - OCXI

Then this morning I considered the likelyhood of a phase shifted (delayed) feedback loop BACK into the the buzzer/ cores from the output windings (to which the buzzer is connected), and this being what maintains core vibration.
                            I also thought about that vibration, for the coil induced voltage amplitude from a static magnetic field would relate to the amplitude-frequency-velocity of the oscillating core. Potentially the buzzer coil voltage could become considerable, and present considerable back-EMFs if the lamp were to unexpectedly blow and suddenly become open circuit whilst an operator was manually adjusting for peak tuning of a running generator, as per simultaneously pressure tuning both cores with one hand on each coil assembly !!!
                            Could easily be 2000V - Hendershots electric shock ?
                            Hence the clamps !

So I was wondering how to replicate the 'buzzer' and I recon we could use a high power Alnico horseshoe magnet with a pair of old 50Vac score unit pinball coils to make for 100Vac working (still available new as replacements from pinball repair shops), their matching plungers being affixed to a piece of soft iron bar cut to suit !

I know there are many other 'free energy' designs Chris, but I like Hendershot's because;-
                            it is completely self contained,
                            can be used anywhere (as in an isolated greenhouse),
                            and is EMP proof !

Thus investigative work must continue ...........

PS. I have the Australian Nutech pages and don't know of the Hilton notes, are they available on the 'net ?
                            Last edited by GSM; 10-10-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Suggestions for moving forward

Greetings, Graham...

I've been giving considerable thought to the buzzer and how to begin. It may not be possible to move forward without retracing Hendershot's steps, i.e., recreating the phenomenon observed in the Mark I and Mark II. This is the metal resonator strip inside the coil in the latter device. Once the "wiggle" is seen on the scope, that first-hand knowledge and experience will be the guiding factor in recreating the Mark III.

At present, I'm inclined to say that it can be done with a ring magnet, a coil, the resonator strip and a frequency generator. The goal is to obtain an increase in voltage, i.e., amplification of the input signal. Once it is understood how the ring magnet, coil and resonator interact with one another, the rest becomes quite academic. Without taking this first step, successfully, I'm afraid the whole experience in recreating the Mark III will be an exercise in frustration and futility.

Thus, the use of a power pulse modulator would be premature, if not altogether unnecessary. After all, did Lester have such a device? On this note, I must also retract my concept of a transistorized drive circuit, even for testing purposes. I now believe we must make every effort to follow faithfully in Lester's footsteps, learning as he did along the way.

Your idea of phase shifting one full cycle is brilliant and accurate. This is much akin to phase conjugation, but at the RF level. Reintroduce the signal, in phase, at the input, and voila! Amplification!

As for Alnico magnets... well, if you can find one that's big enough! Since it's highly unlikely that we'll find the exact materials Lester used, we'll have to do the best we can with modern materials. What might work is simply two rather weak ceramic magnets on the ends of a U-shaped ferrite core. The dimensions of the core will be the trick. Short magnetic path, but ample space between the legs.

Finding bell ringer coils isn't as easy as it used to be, either. I do like your idea of pinball machine coils, though! Very creative thinking!

I, too, like Hendershot's design for the same reasons you do, plus the relative simplicity (once we fully understand what he did and how he did it).

Lastly, Hilton's book is titled "Secrets of Perpetual Power - The Hendershot Mystery." I'm sure it's still out there on the web in PDF form. It's about 30MB in size.

Chris

Comment

Little off topic..... do you know if permanent magnet field strength was tested outside Earth magnetosphere by any Apollo or other moon project ?

Comment

Working...
                                X