Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vzon17 View Post
    Maybe this is old info now but I have a PDF file that talks about the telsa switch and it says it needs to be pulsing at least at a 100 hz to be effireient. Also the caps they recommonded was 1000 uf and the circuit HAD to have an inductive load to work. So if anyone want so read this here you go.
    Yeah, it is true. Yet in the same PDF is written, that this T.switch can run ordinary equipment trough simple created or any commercial available 12V --> 220V (in my country) inverter. So I suppose that counts in as "inductive load". And it seems like it is, inverter is transformer, which is two coils and so inductive load.

That means, if we can get out 65W of free energy, I could ran my laptop from it.
    Energy For Free For Everyone! EFFFE!

Comment

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster...

I've been playing this past weekend with this circuit, whatever it's called. Using ideas from Overunity.com I wanted to stick with mechanical switches and purely inductive loads. I snagged a quad pole dual throw 24VDC relay from work and made the attached. I reduced the circuit to only the four switches needed to swap the batteries between their series and parallel configurations. So the load is ocillating between + and - DC voltages. But since the load is currently just the solenoid in the relay, this works to my advantage. I had to modify the relay for several reason in this manner:

1) Made a new mechanical hinge so the relay spring could be removed.
      2) Removed the relay spring.
      3) Removed the solenoid core so it is an air core.
      4) Added a small neo magnet to the common switch plate so tat it enters the air core solenoid and can be pushed and pulled as the solenoid cycles from + to -.
      5) Spliced in new common wires so they are no longer acting similar to the spring and trying to push the switch plate to the original normally closed side.
      6) Many modifications to the clear cover to accomodate all these mods.

It works very well in that I have a set up that switches at a 50-50 rate (verified on o-scope). I had to add the cap C1 to ensure the solenoid stays charged since the relay is a "break before make" type. So there is a mid point in every switch cycle where the solenoid is not charged from the batteries.

The batteries are RadioShack 9 V NiCds for now. I'd like to step up to 12 V SLAs eventually.

Right now I'm trying to figure out which capacitor is best. I'm an ME so only have a basic understanding of each component type, so any advice here is welcomed.

I wired in a 1:1 trasformer across the bottom of the circuit where the - side of the battery pairs are currently joined and plan to use that to try and run a de-coupled load eventually. But this is also stretching my knowledge beyond it's limits, so again, please let me know if you have advice for that.

Thanks,

M.
      Attached Files

Comment

I placed a little 1:1 telephone transformer in series with the relay solenoid to check for the expected high voltage spikes on the second coil. They were over 100 V, but my o-scope doesn't show them well at all (could be higher?). I put those spikes into a RadioShack bridge rectifier (since I am not sure where to buy Schottky diodes (Digikey?)). When I fed the output back into the circuit I saw very cool effects immediately. All the batteries started to rise in voltage. But that is not unusual if you spike them with HV as I have learned from the Imhotep-Bedini fan experiments.

Batteries all rose about .4 volts and then started to decay much, much, slower than before the HV feedback was introduced.

The wave form into the relay solenoid is not 50-50 right now, but a bit heavier on the -9V side. I'm not sure why, but the wires in the relay are still acting a bit as a spring helping the switch travel towards that side I guess. I have a 250V 22mf cap in as C1 since it seems to make the circuit run ok. Still not sure what cap would be best here and would appreciate any advice. I have about 8 caps that I have tested that work and was going to take scope pictures and analyze that way, but the Missus has the digicam out with the baby right now.

I know I have losses in the 1:1 transformer as well. What is the best transformer design to minimize losses at 50Hz for such a transformer? Air core? Low resistance? ? ? ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elias View Post
          All Bedini has told us about these battery pulsing systems, which range from the energizer to this battery switch, is that you must pulse the batteries at the right moment and must not push current to it, charging must be done merely with potential. He has told us nothing about what is this right moment, so one must be clever enough to find out about this right moment. Maybe someday he'll come and tell us exactly what he means.
          im well hoping that there will be some more explanation on the current/voltage juxtaposition and other stuff on the forthcoming Energy From The Vacuum part 6, which is called "Inside Radiant Energy", which will be John Bedini and David Clemens talking on the blackboard and on the bench about Tesla's Impulse DC and Bedini's radiant energy devices. here's two folders with pictures of the forthcoming dvd:
          http://energyfromthevacuum.com/image...Clements 2006/
          Index of /images/Bedini2007
          been asking mr. craddock over and over when is this DVD gonna come for sale but thus far he hasn't said when. i wonder what they accomplish with their time-schedules etc..
          but someone was suggesting that one of the pictures kind of references Tesla Switch, hopefully we'll see something quite staggering on this dvd..
          Flickr photosets (My visits to the Nikola Tesla&Viktor Schauberger Museums, Steorn Waterways 2009 Orbo demonstration, Earthship Brighton, and also Walter Russell images)
          My electronic music

Comment

especially these:

Flickr photosets (My visits to the Nikola Tesla&Viktor Schauberger Museums, Steorn Waterways 2009 Orbo demonstration, Earthship Brighton, and also Walter Russell images)
            My electronic music

Comment

Fig T-7 over my head

Hi All
              I have uploaded two posts on questions and deleted, because of clearing up
              the stupid questions. After this noise I have read my articles on this list.

There are two documents on same report. One is that Dr.Peter Lindemann scanned and uploaded, and that is a little bit dimmer than other.
              I think, on new(clearer) version, there are some mistakes of bridge configurations on Fig K-1. FigK-2.
              More than anthing else, Fig T-7 on old dimmer version Dr Peter Lindemann uploaded is over my head. I can't figure out how it works???
              The base of all TR(1~6) is connected on negative terminal of Battery1 and
              regardless its state of rotary working there is always dead short. I don't know how it works and if there are some other working process.

Do you think this circuit T-7 is workable,
              Could you please correct me what I am missing on this circuit?

Thanks.

JANG.Y.D

Comment

opto isolators

after studying the chapter5.pdf from panaceauniversity.com I was thinking that you could just use the transistors being fed by the opto isolators? But now I don't know.

I've been trying to find the pcp116 opto isolators and all I can find is an ocp-pcp116 which has 6 pins on it. ("digikey") Does anyone know if these two things are the same?

Also while reading that chapter I began to understand that you may need to use some type of switching device. But that's what I thought the opto isolators were for?

If I were to use the opto isolators would I still need to build a switching circuit to run them through? Or are the opto isolators a chip which can be used instead of making a timing circuit? So instead of using a 555 chip or what have you, could I just use the opto isolators connected to the transistors?

I hope that made some sense I know a very minute amount about electronics so I am learning a LOT.

I was gonna order all the transistors and opto isolators, but held off because I don't know if I need to make a timing circuit or if the opto isolators connected to the transistors will do the switching.
                If you've made it this far then I've finally quit rambling.

Comment

I tried opto isolaters and a couple of things I found was 1. delay in off time was annoying, 2. Beyond a certain speed because of this delay they were useless. So I went to my trusty RadioShack and bought 3 rotary switches-like to kind that looks like a potentiometer. I took them apart and arranged the wipers so there was three on the disk. I then re-attached them (rivets originally) with 0-80 machine screws buying extras because they are very small. I removed the ball and detent and coupled it to a small DC motor from the shack. The Switch will go fast and arc mechaniclly. I fried a meter looking at it. I post a pic soon.

Comment

Guys just a heads up , i have got 90% of the uni sites Tesla switch course done and yes we have it constructed for the course
                    (almost finished)

This is solid state switching:
                    http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0001117dn2.jpg

This is the most successful guy i have been able to track down so far.
                    YouTube - Tesla 4 Switch - Proof of concept

Ash

Comment

I have tried some TS experiments. My experiments were based on mechanical switching using reed relays. I used 9 volts rechargeable batteries --- very cheap ones. I have not achieved what I originally expected, but I have some very interesting observations which I did not expect:

1) At least two batteries were charged almost to the maximum voltages immediately after I turned on my TS system. In most cases, 1 or 2 batteries were weakened.

2) I also rearranged the batteries and replaced some batteries with non-rechargeable one in a way to "repair" the weakened batteries. As a result, I finally managed to charge all four chargeable batteries to a "reasonable level".

3) I have NOT terminated the output ports with any ac-decoupling capacitors, but I have tested capacitive loads with NO success. In order for all these results to be observed, the load must be either inductive or even short-circuited.

I have NOT tested the system for long enough. Based on my 10 hour observation, I believe the system can drive a load for a prolonged period. Any comments? Any results you can post in this forum?
                      Last edited by anut; 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Load tests coming

Circuit is finished ready for the load test[s], gonna run a Mini DC Air compressor, this is the solid state version built form the original Eike Muller document with the 555 timer, Duty cycle and Trafo's etc.

A word of advice, don't fire up Tesla switch and use the Eike Mueller circuit like we did with out a load, it got VERY hot straight away.
                        ImageShack - Hosting :: teslaswitchonees0.jpg
                        ImageShack - Hosting :: teslaswitch2gf2.jpg
                        ImageShack - Hosting :: teslaswitch3zh0.jpg
                        ImageShack - Hosting :: teslaswitch3zh0.jpg
                        Load tests coming.

Guys don't know if yours heats up with out the load, but be careful, it nearly burned the connectors off.

Ash

Comment

Nice. Looks very promising. That would be a damn good thing to know about one more successful replication (first I count the Bedini original device). That would be very good news indeed. Because Tesla switch is possible candidate to be built in any home, thanks to no high voltage and relative simple design.

Looking forward to seeing the load results.
                          Energy For Free For Everyone! EFFFE!

Comment

Ash, are those conditioned batteries?
                            If not, then can you try this using conditioned ones after you have tested this with regular batteries?
                            Great setup BTW.
                            Thanks.
                            It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Hi Jetijs

They are brand new , I have Ricks Fan kit and an SSG, maybe the Switch will condition them? Do you want me to just do 18-19 etc c20 charges on the SSG with them first? They are 12V 7aH.

Comment

Does anyone have a tesla switch working? I've built some circuits but I beleive there wasn't a 50/50 switch so it didn't work.

If this switch powered a car then I definitaly wanna build one.
                                If you've made it this far then I've finally quit rambling.

Comment

Working...
                                X