This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    Hello Aaron have not seen you around a while. I wanted to let you know that this week I can no longer post a picture and am not sure why this site is malfuctioning in this way or did I do something wrong? Thank you Aaron and hope to see your coming project soon. July?
    .................................................. .................

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
      Hello Aaron I can no longer post a picture and am not sure why this site is malfuctioning in this way or did I do something wrong? ?
      Did Dave fudge on this years conference? Like I knew he would.

Comment

• Hi,

I have added a new post to my website on:

Cylindrical Coil Transmission Gain – TC S21

http://www.am-innovations.com/cylind...on-gain-tc-s21

In this post the cylindrical coil transmission gain S21 is explored using the DG8SAQ vector network analyser. The small signal ac input impedance Z11 has been explored and presented extensively for both flat and cylindrical Tesla coils, and the transmission gain study in this experimental post continues the small signal analysis of this type of Tesla coil. The S21 characteristics show that the Tesla coil has its lowest insertion loss at the fundamental series resonant frequency, and its highest loss at a parallel mode. The series resonant mode remains relatively stable with changing primary tuning characteristics such as number of turns, and variations in the primary tuning capacitor. However, the parallel mode shows strong dependence on both the primary turns and primary tuning capacitor.

At first order the transmission gain characteristics of a Tesla coil present as a high-Q bandpass filter typical for a resonant circuit, and where the insertion loss for a direct connected secondary coil is in the region of 4-5 dB at the fundamental series resonant frequency. At second order the transmission gain characteristics of a Tesla coil present a wealth of interesting detail and phenomena. We also look at an equivalent circuit model that yields well matched theoretical characteristics to those measured, and which assists in understanding the mechanisms contributing to the unusual and fascinating characteristics of the Tesla coil.

The video experiment demonstrates and includes aspects of the following:

1. The experimental setup using the DG8SAQ vector network analyser for transmission gain measurements S21 for a cylindrical Tesla coil.

2. The characteristics of S21 and S11 when the primary tuning capacitor is set to balance the parallel modes on the measured input impedance Z11.

3. The changing characteristics of S21 and S11 when the primary tuning capacitor is adjusted through its full range of 20pF – 1280pF.

4. The changing characteristics of S21 and S11 when the number of primary turns is varied between 1 and 4.

5. The changing characteristics of S21 and S11 when the distance between the primary and secondary coil is varied from 7cm up to 75cm.

6. The series and parallel resonant modes revealed in the transmission gain S21, and their variation dependent on the interaction between, and the electrical characteristics of, the primary and secondary coils.

Best wishes,
        Adrian

Comment

• What is the name of the composite wave in the top image? The bottom image is a close-up of the base frequency. I want to know more about this type of wave behavior.

I guess I’m smart enough, now that I’ve had a chance to think about it, to answer my own question…

Eric Dollard speaks of time reversal regarding electrodynamics and I thought that was pretty weird, but I just accepted it because I know the guy’s a genius and a master of electrodynamic engineering. But now I know how it can be true… So, here goes…

When I did a search on the Internet for my waveform to see how other people have dealt with this waveform and what they call it and so forth, I couldn’t find it except in reverse. In other words, it’s like putting it in front of a mirror, because left becomes right and right becomes left. Meanwhile, vertical formation remains the same, namely: a surge. It’s just the direction of the surge changes. Instead of my waveform building up to a surge and then collapsing, the standard variety starts from a peak and a trough of extremes and then hyperbolically (or exponentially if you prefer - aka. logarithmically) it collapses towards a zero asymptotic limit.

So, you take a self-damping, pulsating wave and turn its time domain around by 180 of reversal and now you have a staccato wedgy (what I like to call) in which time has done an about face. Who’s to say which one is normal direction for time? I don’t know…!

Physics tells us which is normal, but physics is suspect as it is. ;-)

For all we know, we could be walking backwards in time!

http://vinyasi.info/energy/The%20pat...ortality-1.m4a
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vinyasi; 03-02-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Hi,

I have added a new post to my website on:

Tube Power Supply – Heater, Grid & Screen

http://www.am-innovations.com/tube-p...er-grid-screen

In research using Tesla coils it is inevitable that sooner or later a vacuum tube power supply will become a necessary and invaluable addition to the laboratory equipment. Vacuum tubes when correctly setup and operated are a robust and high power solution to driving Tesla coils from very low frequencies, and to well into the HF band. Most of my experiments are conducted in the 160m amateur band with a centre frequency around 2Mc, and with tuning that can go down as low as 500kc, and up to almost 4Mc. A vacuum tube generator that can be flexibly configured to drive different configurations and types of tubes to power levels over 1kW, and even up to as high as 5kW, opens the door to many fascinating and unusual electrical phenomena, that can be observed and measured using Tesla coils driven at higher powers and higher frequencies. This post is the first in a sequence to look at my own tube power supply, designed specifically with rapid prototyping and Tesla coil research in mind, and is the product of using vacuum tubes of various different types and configurations in my research over the years.

I have so far presented on my website a basic and yet configurable Vacuum Tube Generator based around dual 811A’s, and which has been used in a range of already reported experiments including, Transference of Electric Power, Single Wire Currents, and Tesla’s radiant energy and matter. In this post I start looking at a much more comprehensive tube power supply that I use on a daily basis with a range of different tube boards. I will be looking at the design, construction and operation of the heater, grid & screen supply (TPS-HGS), including a video overview and simple experimental demonstration of its basic operation. More detailed and sophisticated operation will be covered in subsequent experimental posts as I publish them.

Best wishes,
            Adrian

Comment

• Hi,

I have added a new post to my website:

The Wheelwork of Nature – Fractal “Fern” Discharges

https://www.am-innovations.com/the-w...ern-discharges

Sooner or later research into the underlying nature and principles of electricity must inevitably lead to those larger philosophical and esoteric questions surrounding the origin and purpose of life, its mechanisms that constitute the wheelwork of nature, and our purpose and part to play as very small cogs in this grand design. I have in previous posts started to tentatively touch-on and develop my own current understanding of the wheelwork of nature through ideas, designs, experiments, and conjectures regarding displacement and transference of electric power. This post is the first in a sequence looking at experiments in electricity which reveal or suggest clues about this underlying wheelwork, with the associated phenomena and results, their possible origin and purpose, and how we may form a synchronicity with this wheelwork, and hence benefit from a journey that increases our knowledge and awareness of our-self and that of the great mystery or grand design. This first post in the series looks at the wheelwork of nature – fractal “fern” discharge experiment, along with observations, measurements, and interpretation.

This “fern” discharge is particularly interesting when viewed as a form of fractal, which may also have golden-ratio geometry associated with it, where the filaments and tendrils formed along the primary streamers have an impulse like nature, are momentarily transient and orthogonal in nature, and the overall growth and pattern of the discharge is reflected in naturally occurring forms. These combined together indicate to me that this experiment may lend itself well to exploring and gaining a better understanding for the wheelwork of nature, or in other words, the underlying principles and mechanisms that lead to the generation of this exciting result. Since Eric Dollard's original experiment there appears to be little public knowledge available on the details of how to generate this phenomena, the apparatus and operating conditions required to call-forth or reveal this type of discharge, and considered analysis and conjecture on how this phenomena occurs, and what it can show and tell us regarding the wheelwork of nature.

Part 1 of the video experiment demonstrates and includes aspects of the following:

1. Introduction to the wheelwork of nature experimental series based on Nicola Tesla’s famous quotation, and Eric Dollard’s original “fern” discharge experiment.

2. Brief Introduction and consideration of the importance and implications of the bridge between the Philosophical/Esoteric and Scientific disciplines, through grasping an understanding of the underlying principles and mechanisms of the wheelwork of nature.

3. Overview of the tube plate supply generator, GU-5B coil system, and Tesla coil to be used in the experiment.

4. Design and construction considerations important to a high-frequency 3.5Mc Tesla secondary coil, suited to discharge experiments in the wheelwork of nature.

5. Primary coil drive circuit apparatus using a series feedback class-C Armstrong oscillator, tuned to the lower parallel resonant mode at 2.6-2.9Mc, and matched for best power transfer from the generator.

6. The “fern” discharge phenomena at various generator power output levels from 100W – 2.2kW

7. Observation of the characteristics of the “fern” discharge including fractal like self-repeating, self-similar tendrils, golden-ratio like proportions in the tendrils, orthogonal emitted sub-tendrils, and orthogonal displacement like micro-filaments and fibres.

8. Symmetric and reflected discharge patterns in geometric space, including tendril growth and extinction, and temporally based non-random, sequenced and repeating discharge patterns indicative of a defined “dance” routine.

9. Conjecture of an underlying dynamic and guiding pattern and order to the “fern” discharges, and hence a tantalising and astonishing view of part of the underlying mechanisms of the wheelwork of nature.

Part 2 of the video experiment demonstrates and includes aspects of the following:

1. Experimental variations to part 1 of the experiment in order to see if the nature and form of the fractal “fern” discharge could be changed to another form

2. Tuning the coil system down to 2.1Mc on the lower parallel resonant mode, whilst observing the discharge form.

3. Tuning the coil system up to 4.0Mc on the upper parallel resonant mode, whilst observing the discharge form.

4. Tuning the coil system across the transition between the lower and upper parallel resonant modes, whilst observing the discharge form.

5. Changing the blocking/tank capacitor at the output of the plate supply from 25nF 25kV to 30uF 8kV.

6. Changing the plate supply output from a bridge rectified waveform with blocking capacitor, to a raw unrectified waveform with no blocking capacitor.

7. Adding a toroidal top-load to the Tesla coil and retuning the lower parallel resonant mode to 2.28Mc, whilst observing the discharge form

8. Replacing the single GU-5B power triode with parallel connected dual 833C power triode tubes.

9. Observation using the dual 833C triodes at the upper parallel resonant mode at 3.9Mc of a tighter and more rounded fractal “fern” discharge, with shorter, more rounded, and more numerous tendrils.

Best wishes,
              Adrian
              Last edited by aminnovations; 05-25-2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X