Magnesium and Graphite
Hi Joit, you are correct in getting results from these materials especially magnesium. There are companies out on the web that sell these materials for cathodic protection of buried pipe lines and tanks that produce in the neighborhood of 1.5 volts. This acts to protect those installations from deterioration while buried in the ground. They sell magnesium ingots with wires attached, that the wires are in turn welded to the device they are supposed to protect. It is a very clever use of these materials to develop voltage to protect what ever they are attached to via a copper wire.
Kingman.
Hi Joit, you are correct in getting results from these materials especially magnesium. There are companies out on the web that sell these materials for cathodic protection of buried pipe lines and tanks that produce in the neighborhood of 1.5 volts. This acts to protect those installations from deterioration while buried in the ground. They sell magnesium ingots with wires attached, that the wires are in turn welded to the device they are supposed to protect. It is a very clever use of these materials to develop voltage to protect what ever they are attached to via a copper wire.
Kingman.


when I came out into the garage this morning to get the snow shovel I looked over at the LED attached to the battery and WOW it was almost at full brightness. I can not explain this. It is as if the battery had switch from providing the load (the LED) with power to become a pump and start sucking energy from the grounding rod. Now I also did something else about 3 weeks ago, I purchased some zinc galvanized iron spikes from Lowes both 12" and 10" spikes and I placed those in a line shoved into the ground above the 8' ground rod. I also made sure that one of the spikes was in contact with the grounding rod. There are about 6 to 8 of these spikes still in the ground for I pulled 1 10 inch and 1 12 inch spike out of the ground for other uses. Any ideas? Right now it is powering the load and must be charging itself to sustain the load. No clue! I have more information to come for I took some battery readings to better understand what is going on and will share those with all. I must admit I did not expect to see this happen. I expected the LED to discharge the battery to nothing and kill it. I took a reading when I seen the LED lighted back up and I'll share those in another post. Oh, and I just took another reading at least 9 hours later and you'll be surprised!
Comment