This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce DePalma gyroscope experiment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I made a video with gyroscope spinning in clockwise direction. If anything it works better than counter-clockwise spinning. But I suspect that the direction of rotation does not effect performance.

    video >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yojMKiUDDPU

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by aljhoa View Post
      Antigravity Mechanism - a prototype of a propulsion mechanism based on a new kinematics theory of physics -
      Antigravity Mechanism - YouTube

      Theodore Tsiriggakis the inspirer of a new kinematical theory in transmssion technology.
      Looks like a variant of a Thornson Inertial Engine.

      Comment


      • #33
        Weightloss experiment.

        I'm uploading the video right now. The hyper fast spinner shows a WEIGHT GAIN of 1/10th of an ounce while spinning in either direction; Both clockwise and counterclockwise, compared to it's lighter weight at rest!


        Depalma weight gain - YouTube

        My theory is that Xee2's gyroscope is precessing imperceptably, unlike the seated neo sphere. The sphere is free to precess inside the small PVC coupling. I observed, in my counterclockwise trials, a noticeable periodic weight loss as the spinning sphere precessed inside the plastic recepticle.
        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
          I'm uploading the video right now. The hyper fast spinner shows a WEIGHT GAIN of 1/10th of an ounce while spinning in either direction; Both clockwise and counterclockwise, compared to it's lighter weight at rest!


          Depalma weight gain - YouTube

          My theory is that Xee2's gyroscope is precessing imperceptably, unlike the seated neo sphere. The sphere is free to precess inside the small PVC coupling. I observed, in my counterclockwise trials, a noticeable periodic weight loss as the spinning sphere precessed inside the plastic recepticle.
          Thanks for posting video. However, I am confused. It looks to me like there was a weight loss when spinning. The pointer is over 250 when stopped and under 250 when spinning.

          Comment


          • #35
            Weightloss.

            @Xee2,

            The scale reads backwards. When the spinner looses weight, it causes the counterweight to grow heavier; Hence the gain in counter balance weight actually equals a loss for the spinner. I grew confused too, and had to make the video twice, drawing the same erroneous conclusion as you at first.
            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-21-2012, 12:19 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
              @Xee2,

              The scale reads backwards. When the spinner looses weight, it causes the counterweight to grow heavier; Hence the gain in counter balance weight actually equals a loss for the spinner. I grew confused too, and had to make the video twice, drawing the same erroneous conclusion as you at first.
              Thanks for the explanation. Do you have an estimate for the weight of the spinner?

              Comment


              • #37
                @ Allen Burgess

                I think DePalma said that his flywheels gained weight when spinning but I can not find where he said that (if he did). It may be that your spinner is acting like a flywheel since it is constantly being pushed around the circle. Whereas, the gyroscope is not getting input drive while it is spinning but is coasting. Perhaps driven wheels gain weight and coasting wheels lose weight.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Sphere weight

                  @Xee2,

                  I'll measure the ball weight and get back with the number. I measured the weight gain in the video off the wrong scale units: It's in Grams, not ounces. The gain is 10 or 20 grams. The ball is accelerating in the video. At top end, around 50k, the needle reads around 240 grams. This should amount to nearly a doubling of ball weight!

                  What's interesting is that we have a platform here with the engineering capability to graphicly demonstrate the effects of relativistic physics in a shade tree garage setting. A feat formerly the exclusive province of large hugely funded institutions. Coupled with our web connections, advancement is rocketing us into future at warp factor.
                  Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-21-2012, 04:58 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
                    The gain is 10 or 20 grams.
                    Wow. That must be a fairly large percentage weight change.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I have the final figures: The 1" neo sphere weighs 60 grams. 5 to10 grams of weight gain equals almost exactly the percentage of weight loss you measured off your gyroscope at maximum precession.

                      I illuminated a cluster of 6, 120 volt LED's wired directly to the Spiral Quadfilar's secondary output series wired bifilar. The addition of the load causes the spinner to accelerate. The a.c. output is 220 volts. The bulbs read 1000 lux units, about 1/3 full brightness. Combined with Magnetman's primary B.E.M.F. illumination circuit, I believe this setup has a chance to go O.U.

                      I'll post a new video on my old Quadfilar Coil thread. This next video will be shot off a tripod.
                      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-21-2012, 07:35 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        You might be interested in the work this person is doing: a shed dweller's diary

                        I think that he is very close at building a flying machine:
                        experiment 4.60.wmv - YouTube

                        Maybe if he uses three gyros instead of two, he can get a stable upward force?
                        Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                        http://blog.hexaheart.org

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I have done a series of tests to determine the accuracy of the scale I have been using. At first it seemed accurate to about 0.1 oz. BUT after more testing I have concluded that it can have errors as high as 0.2 oz. THIS MAKES MY TEST RESULTS SUSPECT. I will try to get a more accurate scale and repeat the tests. Until then, I think the results should be considered as questionable.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I have repeated the gyroscope tests using a balance beam scale. Results show no difference in weight when spinning and stopped.

                            video >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCujeOUyukk

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Good test, but the gyro is a closed system.

                              Only when external force is applied will it act about a third 90 degree mutual axis.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Tidal weight fluctuation.

                                I dieted while living aboard my sailboat and noticed today that I weigh a pound or two less at new Moon low tide!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X