Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Orangewille ON

Hi to all,

Of course I am new here, even though not exactly new to this kind of "entertainment".

55, some kids, a wife and no teeth :-)

If I can't help, I will not harm.

With kind regards, Slavek.

Welcome

Originally posted by SDK View Post
    Hi to all,

Of course I am new here, even though not exactly new to this kind of "entertainment".

55, some kids, a wife and no teeth :-)

If I can't help, I will not harm.

Welcome to the EF Slavek. Happy to see you

Kind Regards from PEI Canada.
    Vtech
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
      Welcome to the EF Slavek. Happy to see you

Kind Regards from PEI Canada.
      Vtech
      Hello Vitek,

Thank you.

Comment

You are in orangeville ontario ?

You are in the same town as the Xogen research center .

Comment

Originally posted by dankie View Post
          You are in orangeville ontario ?

You are in the same town as the Xogen research center .
          Hi Dankie,

I have just checked them out.

Look, I am a construction worker and when I get excited I spare neither feelings, nor profanities. (not that it would have been directed at you :-) So, I have decided not to get excited.

Let me put it this way:

Town of Orangeville had been under capacity with its water treatment facilities 20 years ago, when it was barely 1/3 of today's population.

Every time there is rain mightier than drizzle, the treatment plant overflows into the Credit river, "protected" by the Ontario Ministry of Environment with quite a hulabaloo. Town pays its fines from what is now also my money and does F#^!k all about it. "It has no funds" to built a new one or expand the old one. But it had funds to built a useless ~ 2mil monstrosity a few years back in the middle of the main street, making life difficult for the traffic and anyone passing through, save for seagulls and pidgins.

Now, the Xogen is doing the "ground breaking" research on waste water treatment of all things by electrolysis. An awesome idea. Not that electrolysis will not oxidize a lot of chemicals in the waste water and kill all bacteria, virus, fungi etc. if enough power is put through. It will. Except that:

1) If you do not allow bacteria to break down nutrients, the effluent will get reinfected, if nothing else, then cellulose.

2) Reinfection of effluent will cause oxygen deprivation down stream with a high risk of fish etc. die outs plus silting due to over vegetation and algae buildups.

3) Great part of water treatment is currently done by bacteria at the cost of running aerators and stirrers in relatively cheep holding ponds. Now electrolysis will do the part the bacteria used to at a proportionately higher cost, with stainless steel equipment able to withstand the chemicals under the aggravation of DC current. All with rather limited lifespan etc., which city may get get paid for by the province as a pilot project, but which this town will have to run and maintain at much higher cost then bacteria - chemical based systems.

Viva Green technologies, Viva Canada, Viva pretentious technologies, Viva government grants and Viva public educated to stupor.

P.S. That all in a town in which it was illegal until some 5 years ago to hang out laundry, which activity was legislated to be unsightly, till the province stepped in.

It can only make one wonder what the town gets from the province in return for hosting this bunch.

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by SDK View Post
            Hi Dankie,

Sounds like you have your work cut out for yourself!

I have just checked them out.

Look, I am a construction worker and when I get excited I spare neither feelings, nor profanities. (not that it would have been directed at you :-) So, I have decided not to get excited.

Let me put it this way:

Town of Orangeville had been under capacity with its water treatment facilities 20 years ago, when it was barely 1/3 of today's population.

Every time there is rain mightier than drizzle, the treatment plant overflows into the Credit river, "protected" by the Ontario Ministry of Environment with quite a hulabaloo. Town pays its fines from what is now also my money and does F#^!k all about it. "It has no funds" to built a new one or expand the old one. But it had funds to built a useless ~ 2mil monstrosity a few years back in the middle of the main street, making life difficult for the traffic and anyone passing through, save for seagulls and pidgins.

Now, the Xogen is doing the "ground breaking" research on waste water treatment of all things by electrolysis. An awesome idea. Not that electrolysis will not oxidize a lot of chemicals in the waste water and kill all bacteria, virus, fungi etc. if enough power is put through. It will. Except that:

1) If you do not allow bacteria to break down nutrients, the effluent will get reinfected, if nothing else, then cellulose.

2) Reinfection of effluent will cause oxygen deprivation down stream with a high risk of fish etc. die outs plus silting due to over vegetation and algae buildups.

3) Great part of water treatment is currently done by bacteria at the cost of running aerators and stirrers in relatively cheep holding ponds. Now electrolysis will do the part the bacteria used to at a proportionately higher cost, with stainless steel equipment able to withstand the chemicals under the aggravation of DC current. All with rather limited lifespan etc., which city may get get paid for by the province as a pilot project, but which this town will have to run and maintain at much higher cost then bacteria - chemical based systems.

Viva Green technologies, Viva Canada, Viva pretentious technologies, Viva government grants and Viva public educated to stupor.

P.S. That all in a town in which it was illegal until some 5 years ago to hang out laundry, which activity was legislated to be unsightly, till the province stepped in.

It can only make one wonder what the town gets from the province in return for hosting this bunch.
            Have fun !

"But ye shall receive power..."
            Acts 1:8

Comment

Working...
            X