Conversations with God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversations with God

Have anyone read this book by Neale Donald Walsch? My brother got it from the library and I thought it was pretty impressive.

I would suggest em. I've read the three. They go together if I recall correctly. I also think there are others but I've only read the three that go together.

Good stuff.
    If you've made it this far then I've finally quit rambling.

Comment

Well, it said book 1 so I'm guessing there are others. I just read random conversation within the book. It's a coincident that I've had rather similar dialogues with myself a while back and still having conversation from time to time. I just wonder if it is a normal thing. Atleast I'm not feeling alone now.

Comment

I just read the first one over the summer and I agree - it is a great book!

There are a total of three in the series. However, the first one is the only one that is still in print independant of the others. You can still buy numbers two and three, but only in one book that also includes number one.

You may be able to find older additions of two and three separately at the library or ebay. I would really like to read those as well. I will probably end up buying the compilation edition which has all three in one book.
        Namaste,
        Pamela
        Discover the Single Greatest Health Science Breakthrough of the Century

Comment

yello

hi ya'll,
          i have read 1, 2, 3 as well as one of his other books.. but i beleive he has written 11 books... actully i think i have read more then 4.. anyhow, reading Neil Donald Walshs convo with god changed my life..
          thanks for posting this thread, cuz it remimded me of wanting to read all of his books!!
          Matrix Energetics Sessions-Private message me

www.paths-makeithappen.com

http://www.divineopenings.com/cmd.php?af=1060186

Comment

Originally posted by quantumuppercut View Post
            and still having conversation from time to time. I just wonder if it is a normal thing. Atleast I'm not feeling alone now.

Yes it is very natural. And when we are connected to it in the proper way we can learn anything we want. Ask and ye shall receive.

I recall that, "it was either Einstein or Edison", that would shut themselves in a special made closet which was a dark room with a light and switch. It was 100% dark so he could see nothing, and he would sit until ideas would flash into his mind, then would turn on the light and write it down on his notepad sitting next to him. Then turn the light back off. I'm kinda leaning towards Edison, and I think I read it in Napoleon Hills book, Think and Grow Rich.

He was basically using the same principal, asking and then receiving. He was using the dark room to physically create a lower brainwave so that he could learn.

Yet as Arron revealed in one of his posts. The needed brainwave frequency that we need to get into is rising so it is much easier to ask and receive, without needing to lower ones frequency. And that is why we cann all have open dialouge in such a simple way.

Very natural.
            If you've made it this far then I've finally quit rambling.

Comment

Originally posted by wantfreeenergy View Post
              Yes it is very natural. And when we are connected to it in the proper way we can learn anything we want. Ask and ye shall receive.

I recall that, "it was either Einstein or Edison", that would shut themselves in a special made closet which was a dark room with a light and switch. It was 100% dark so he could see nothing, and he would sit until ideas would flash into his mind, then would turn on the light and write it down on his notepad sitting next to him. Then turn the light back off. I'm kinda leaning towards Edison, and I think I read it in Napoleon Hills book, Think and Grow Rich.

He was basically using the same principal, asking and then receiving. He was using the dark room to physically create a lower brainwave so that he could learn.

Yet as Arron revealed in one of his posts. The needed brainwave frequency that we need to get into is rising so it is much easier to ask and receive, without needing to lower ones frequency. And that is why we cann all have open dialouge in such a simple way.

Very natural.
              Very thankful for this post,

That was a unique way to get ideas, either Eistein for Edison. I believe it was the same for Bessler. Tesla once said if you wish and your will becomes one, reality will create. Many of the idea I came accross simply comes from existed ideas. It is amazing how this works for each of us. I hope more people understand this so we all can communicate better.

Thanks again.

Comment

Wonder where they got that idea?

Matthew 6:6-"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut the door, pray to thy Father which in secret; and thy father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." Vs. 8"....for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."

James 1:5-"If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Hmmmm?

Al
                Antiquer

Comment

Yeah i didnt read it but as its name this book looks pretty impressive definately i will be going for it but i dont think i will find it because actually iam lover books frequently i visit books shop and library but till now i didnt read this books name but i will search for it.
                  Facts are the air of scientists. Without them you can never fly.

Comment

Hi. I have:
                    1. Conversations With God, Book 1 (1995)
                    2. Conversations With God, Book 2 (1997)
                    3. Conversations With God, Book 3 (1998)
                    4. Friendship With God (1999)
                    5. Communion With God (2000)
                    6. The New Revelations (2002)
                    7. Tomorrow's God (2004)
                    8. Home With God (2006)
                    9. Happier then God (2008 I think)

books by Neal but the essential part is the trilogy (the 3 first books) - you can purchase them in one bundle. I have the trilogy also as a PDF. These books really touches subjects that I for one feel all should explore or spend time with. There is also a film that was made, watch this one.

Introduction
                    You are about to have an extraordinary experience. You are about to have a
                    conversation with God. Yes, yes. I know.. .that’s not possible. You probably think (or have been taught) that’s not possible. One can talk to God, sure, but not with God. I mean, God is not going to talk back, right? At least not in the form of a regular, everyday kind of conversation!
                    That’s what I thought, too. Then this book happened to me. And I mean that
                    literally. This book was not written by me, it happened to me. And in your reading of it, it will happen to you, for we are all led to the truth for which we are ready. My life would probably be much easier if I had kept all of this quiet. Yet that wasn’t the reason it happened to me. And whatever inconveniences the book may cause me (such as being called a blasphemer, a fraud, a hypocrite for not having lived these truths in the past, or—perhaps worse—a holy man), it is not possible for me to stop the process now. Nor do I wish to. I have had my chances to step away from this whole thing, and I haven’t taken them. I’ve decided to stick with what my instincts are telling me, rather than what much of the world will tell me, about the material here.
                    Those instincts say this book is not nonsense, the overworking of a frustrated
                    spiritual imagination, or simply the self-justification of a man seeking vindication from a life misled. Oh, I’ve thought of all of those things—every one of them. So I gave this material to a few people to read while it was still in manuscript form. They were moved. And they cried. And they laughed for the joy and the humour in it. And their lives, they said, changed. They were transfixed. They were empowered. Many said they were transformed.
                    That’s when I knew this book was for everyone, and that it had to be published; for it is a wonderful gift to all those who truly want answers and who truly care about the questions; for all those who have embarked upon quests for truth with sincerity of heart, longing of soul, and openness of mind. And that’s pretty much all of us.
                    This book addresses most, if not all, of the questions we have ever asked about life and love, purpose and function, people and relationships, good and evil, guilt and sin, forgiveness and redemption, the path to God and the road to hell ...everything. It directly discusses sex, power, money, children, marriage, divorce, life work, health, the hereafter, the be fore now... everything. It explores war and peace, knowing and not knowing, giving and taking, joy and sorrow. It looks at the concrete and the abstract, the visible and the invisible, the truth and the untruth. You could say that this book is “God’s latest word on things,” although some people might have a little trouble with that, particularly if they think that God stopped talking 2,000 years ago or that, if God has continued communicating, it’s been only with holy men, medicine women, or someone who has been meditating for 30 years, or good for 20, or at least half-decent for 10 (none of which
                    categories includes me). The truth is, God talks to everybody. The good and the bad. The saint and the scoundrel. And certainly all of us in between. Take you, for instance. God has come to you many ways in your life, and this is another of them. How many times have you heard the old axiom: When the student is ready, the teacher will appear? This book is our teacher.
                    Shortly after this material began happening to me, I knew that I was talking with God. Directly, personally. Irrefutably. And that God was responding to
                    my questions in direct proportion to my ability to comprehend. That is, I was being 5 answered in ways, and with language, that God knew I would understand. This accounts for much of the colloquial style of the writing and the occasional references to material I’d gathered from other sources and prior experiences in my life. I know now that everything that has ever come to me in my life has come to me from God, and it was now being drawn together, pulled together, in a magnificent, complete response to every question I ever had. And somewhere along the way I realized a book was being produced—a book intended for publication. Indeed, I was told specifically during the latter part of the dialogue (in February 1993) that three books would actually be produced, and that:

1. The first would deal mainly with personal topics, focusing on an individual’s life challenges and opportunities.
                    2. The second would deal with more global topics of geopolitical and metaphysical life on the planet, and the challenges now facing the world.
                    3. The third would deal with universal truths of the highest order, and the
                    challenges and opportunities of the soul. This is the first of those books, completed in February 1993. For clarity I should explain that, as I transcribed this dialogue by hand, I underlined or circled words and sentences which came to me with particular emphasis—as if God were booming them out—and these were later placed in italics by the typesetter. I need now to say that I am—having read and reread the wisdom contained here —deeply embarrassed by my own life, which has been marked by continued mistakes and misdeeds, some very shameful behaviours, and some choices and
                    decisions which I’m certain others consider hurtful and unforgivable. Though I
                    have profound remorse that it was through others’ pain, I am unspeakably
                    grateful for all that I have learned, and found that I have still yet to learn,
                    because of the people in my life. I apologize to everybody for the slowness of that learning. Yet I am encouraged by God to grant myself forgiveness for my failings and not to live in fear and guilt but to always keep trying—keep on trying—to live a grander vision.
                    I know that’s what God wants for all of us.

Neale Donald Walsch
                    Christmas 1994

And I also think that it is 15 books or more in total. Some of these books are on meditation and so forth. I can also recompensed the books; "the Little Soul and the Earth" & "the Little Soul and the Sun" for children, but I like the story's myself, they also have great illustration - really comforting books.

I think that reasons these books appeal to me is the fact that I already knew these subject, what it was for me was confirmations...
                    Last edited by Oneminde; 08-23-2010, 01:06 PM.
                    - Behold the truth -

Comment

Working...
                    X