No announcement yet.

Separator cell from HHO-research.com.au build by thedude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Thread. I have build my own 2 gas splitter cells in my car. The millage improvement is sometimes great (+30%) but with a lot of city traffic sometimes not good at all (-10%))-: I don't get it stable. I'm wondering what do you guy's do with the oxygen channel. I know it does not make sens to put it in the air intake but hydrogen needs some oxygen to burn in the engine. Does it get enough from the environment/air filter or do we have to tune it with some additional oxygen? Another question: Wat is the effect of adding to much pure hydrogen to the air intake? My 2 small cells are not producing enough hydrogen (1 lpm) to test that on my 1.6 liter gasoline engine. 30% improvement seems to be the limit for this moment, there must be a simple reason for that.

regards,

Gassplitter

Comment

Pure Hydrogen 24 Volt Separator Cell System

Heya all!

Sorry it took me so long but i finally got my 24volt system together! Seemed like I'd have the time and no money or money and no time lately. Standard distractions aside, i'm pretty happy with these first few break in runs.

In this video I'm running it for about the 4th time. Pure Hydrogen 24 Volt Separator Cell System Tank system and electrolyte are all working well and I seem to have a lot of pure hydrogen.

@ jonaspandrade - As much as i would love to give a step by step specifically for you, there is nearly as much information about the design and process of building in this thread and in my videos. You will have to watch and read carefully, but it is all there. If you have any specific hangups that i can be helpful on, feel free to ask and i'll do my best to help.

@ gassplitter - Thanks gassplitter! I'm venting my oxygen right into the cab of my suzuki. :P And also directly in to the room with my 24volt set up. My feelings are that as long as you are burning all the hydrogen as it is being produced with flash back arrestor and using a tank system that limits the direct air flow of gas, you should be ok. Be sure you are venting you oxygen away a fair distance from your H2 torch or any open source of flame or spark. I have to warn that i am no expert on this yet, so take my advice with a grain of salt. In the end we all need to be very careful when working any potentially harmful equipment. Use your intuition and use it frequently. Ask your self important questions related to safety. I need to add that i have wide open windows, a fan, fire extinguisher, and do not run the system unattended or for excessive durations.
      Last edited by thedude; 08-26-2011, 06:30 AM.
      EnergeticTube.com - Where technology goes Live!
      ETaffairs.com - Your Portal Here on Earth

Comment

Originally posted by gassplitter View Post
        Great Thread. I have build my own 2 gas splitter cells in my car. The millage improvement is sometimes great (+30%) but with a lot of city traffic sometimes not good at all (-10%))-: I don't get it stable. I'm wondering what do you guy's do with the oxygen channel. I know it does not make sens to put it in the air intake but hydrogen needs some oxygen to burn in the engine. Does it get enough from the environment/air filter or do we have to tune it with some additional oxygen? Another question: Wat is the effect of adding to much pure hydrogen to the air intake? My 2 small cells are not producing enough hydrogen (1 lpm) to test that on my 1.6 liter gasoline engine. 30% improvement seems to be the limit for this moment, there must be a simple reason for that.

regards,

Gassplitter
        We have found in Australia that too much hydrogen will have an ill effect on your consumption, less = more is what we say.
        We are getting excellent results from less than 1/M of hydrogen. If you go above that you will find that your saving will be less.
        Forget all you know about hydroxy gas, this is not hydroxy, it is pure hydrogen and works completely different.
        The oxygen is the main problem with hydroxy, it affects the engine computer needing to have an illegal EFIE to fool the computer of the oxygen content - not needed with hydrogen only.
        The additional oxygen in hydroxy combines back with the hydrogen to make water. This is why you need so much hydroxy to get any benefit.
        If only hydrogen is used, it combines with the long chains of the carbon fuel, breaking them down into smaller chains that are easily burnt. The oxygen doesn't rob the hydrogen because the oxygen isn't there.
        Maybe now you can see why less hydrogen is needed? No extra oxygen to combine with, hence less is needed.
        This also means that the amount of gas produced can be less and that means lower amperage draw and a saving on the electrical system also.
        We have been working on this system for several years now and got it perfected. Biggest problem we have now is re-educating those that are use to using hydroxy - Hydrogen v hydroxy - like chalk and cheese.

This is why you are having a poorer result in the city. You are driving slower but the gas is being made at the same rate, so you end up with more gas available than you need. If you have a controller, you can turn down the production in that case and turn it up again when on open roads or highways.

Comment

Originally posted by www.hydrogenpower.be View Post
          the membranes are simply made of nylon
          you can use any nylon fabric that you can get in the fabric store
          This information is incorrect.
          Firstly you can use nylon but polyester is better.
          Secondly any fabric cannot be used satisfactory, it has to be mono filament weave. Nearly all common fabrics are multi strand weave and when these get wet they expand and make the membrane become loose and then will touch the plates.
          Using the membranes material that we use, you are able to heat shrink the membrane tight and it will stay tight. Multi strand will also shrink, but will not stay tight.

Comment

Originally posted by thedude View Post
            I feel like i'm living in the summer outback at the moment Ash. Been 30+ celsius here and there mixed in after some of the most humid weather we've ever seen. Tropical actually. :P
            I'll keep an eye on the dash. would hate to see that kind of heat up there. I've kept copys of "The Beautiful Truth" DVD in my holder up there with out too much issue.
            You have that crazy Australian sun. I've never been there, would love to, but crocodile Dundee movies sure look hot. :P lol JK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Bill (vipond50 on youtube) for not giving him more credit for his contributions toward the development of the separator cell. I've been dealing with Reg and Peter nearly exclusively. They always gave Bill his credit for his contributions in my discussions with them. Perhaps i'm wrong, but i was of the impression that it has been a relationship of sharing that has been mutually beneficial. At any rate. If i'm using his developmental technology in any way and not giving him proper credit, I'm sorry. Its really important to me to be able to make my own strides and i'm completely aware that i'm riding on the back of others who have gone there before me. Hopefully i can make my own developments and earn some respect. For now I apparently "have a lot to learn" and need to "do the math", so i will get back to the bench and do my best.
            Thanks for the prod in the butt Bill! lol

Great to hear from you Ash.
            L&L
            Darcy
            No Worries hear Darcy and thanks for the kind words.
            BTW The Rip stop is 1.9oz, 100% UNCOATED Nylon Not the Dacron Crap in the most Fabric stores. The 5X5 4N5 has been in operation since late 2007 and is still operating. I loaned it to Russ Gries for his work with the S. Meyers tech and it is still doing it job, even though it was a proto type.
            Darcy, your work is awesome and I look forward to more !!!!
            @ Reg & Peter
            Your Cells are awesome BTW !!!!!

Best Regards
            Bill

Comment

@thedude Nice setup do you have there. I wish I had only one of your power supply's Your gas production is great, but the next question is what can we do with it. It seems that The E-cat from Rossi is using pure hydrogen with nickel powder to get an atomic reaction which causes a tremendous heat. That should be great to heat your house. Another possibility is to store the pure hydrogen into tanks and use it for cooking. Stored hydrogen can be lead into a gas splitter cell which produces electricity again. I will do some tests in the near future with one of those for sure.

@regpye Thank you very much for this information. I know very well the difference between hydroxy and pure hydrogen. People are building still hydroxy cells I have left that path. What you say about the effect driving in the city make sense to me now. I don't have a PWM in my setup, I thought I control the amount of gas with the ratio of the electrolyte. It is time for me now to build a PWM so that I can adjust the gas production when driving with different speeds. Another idea could be to make a connection from the gas throttle (voltage or mechanical) to the PWM. While driving you are controlling the gas production with your foot on the throttle.

@Bill I agree with you Bill about the 'uncoated ripstop nylon'. I'm using that membrane material for quite some months now, drove thousands of miles with the cell in my car. Several times I have looked at it when I disassembled the cell and it holds very well. The only weak point could be the used glue at the ports where there is no pressure from the gaskets.

regards,

gassplitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                No Worries hear Darcy and thanks for the kind words.
                BTW The Rip stop is 1.9oz, 100% UNCOATED Nylon Not the Dacron Crap in the most Fabric stores. The 5X5 4N5 has been in operation since late 2007 and is still operating. I loaned it to Russ Gries for his work with the S. Meyers tech and it is still doing it job, even though it was a proto type.
                Darcy, your work is awesome and I look forward to more !!!!
                @ Reg & Peter
                Your Cells are awesome BTW !!!!!

Best Regards
                Bill
                Well thank you for your kind words as well Bill. I'm having lots of fun and i'm very excited about the potential of this technology. Credit must go to Reg on this particular cell design. He has machine cut gaskets on these wider gapped cells that really clean up the appearance a lot from his previous design. I'm glad to hear from you, and I'll keep promoting all of our work the best way I can. Feel free to let me know if you see how I can make any improvement to my set up. I won't be so sensitive this time. :P

I'm having a lot of fun with this set up. Very hassle free and easy to operate with my current tank set up. As we all know how important unrestricted balance in gas flow between the two sides is. I don't seem to have as much hydrogen fluctuation with a secondary oxygen electrolyte and purge tank with a oxygen vent high and in between the electrolyte outlets. Previously a vapour locked plug of electrolyte could be forced through the system causing overload of Oxygen inside the cell and very often oxygen cross over of gas. I don't seem to have that problem now and just made a 1 hour 21 minute time lapsed video that i've uploaded to youtube here >> Pure Hydrogen 24 Volt Separator Cell Part 2 - Time Lapse Duration Tests.

I take temperature readings on the Cells at the beginning and the end. 28 degrees Celsius to start and 43 degrees Celsius at the end. Sorry that the instrument displays are so tough to read. I'm going to invest in a good HD camera soon. AND a some point i'll find some one who can sell me one of those gas flow meters with the little float in it. Hard to come by? Any recommendations?

Comment

Some pictures.

Originally posted by gassplitter View Post
                  @thedude Nice setup do you have there. I wish I had only one of your power supply's Your gas production is great, but the next question is what can we do with it. It seems that The E-cat from Rossi is using pure hydrogen with nickel powder to get an atomic reaction which causes a tremendous heat. That should be great to heat your house. Another possibility is to store the pure hydrogen into tanks and use it for cooking. Stored hydrogen can be lead into a gas splitter cell which produces electricity again. I will do some tests in the near future with one of those for sure.
                  Thanks so much Gassplitter. Yes there are some serious possibilities with regard to drawing current directly from this gas. I would also love to learn about replicating the Bloom Box technology here. But would be very interested in investing some research in developing a straight atomic conversion of electricity from this gas. As with all things efficiency is the key issue. I don't claim that my generator is any kind of efficient wonder, but i'm hoping that it will do the job for now.
                  As far as those amps, would you believe that i happened upon them with a buy out price that was about the same as the shipping? Mind you they are HEAVY. Here is the pdf manual on them. They are very well suited for this application, the two i have are 2450's. You can buy them brand new for $808.00 here at this website The N+1 rating means that every component is redundant and has back up to some extent. They also feature a separate 8amp channel for back up battery hook up for a very handy start up feature for getting the electric generator up and running and then will charge them back up once power is being provided by generator. I made off like a bandit here. I owe a favour to my seller on Ebay i think. The stars were aligned, and i needed a break. Thank you stars. Will email him to show him what I did with his amps. :P

Speaking of Electric generator. I've removed the pull cord from the pull clutch assembly and cut out an opening in the assembly cover to make room for a belt drive from a Hitachi 12v 0.9hp Starter/Generator motor from a 2 stroke Harley Davidson golf cart.

In the future I may want to assemble a direct drive and more elaborate clutch to this motor. Perhaps hydrogen will surprise me with additional HP with which to tap. Its a thought, but for now being able to turn the motor over while introducing the hydrogen will be key to providing me with safe and easy operation, especially for while experimenting with the gas delivery into the cylinder of the engine.

I also added a couple bubble scrubbers in front of my electrolyte collector/filters, just a couple caps sealed together with a pile of coated magnet wire that i had laying around. I've been watching them closely and they do seem to reduce the amount of electrolyte that is passing into my filter/collectors. Really happy with my tank set up and the quality of my gas. Very pure and clean hydrogen.

As usual, my time to work on this project is running a little short. So i'll be doing some updates to report on my progress as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your interest.
                  Last edited by thedude; 08-28-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

next test

this is a test to prevent foam for being able to form
                    foam is formd beceause the use off KOH
                    KOH is used to make soap therefor foam
                    no KOH is no foam
                    so no catalyst at all

how the hell do we do that you say
                    well it is kind a dangerous beceause it involves high voltage

I lookt for a way to get 2250 volt DC capable off doing 10 amps

also I wanted a cell that was easy to build and stil a separator cell

so I build a very big hofman device

check here

http://www.hydrogenpower.be/viewtopi...f=28&t=90#p277

then I needed a special power surply like this one

at the and I had a hydrogen genarator that was a separator cell

it ran at 2250 volts DC at around 1.54 amps (ceep in mind the 2sides are separated by 30cm not 3mm

the catch you can not come near the cell when in oparation

it is a giant open capacitor that has 2250 volts on it

butt if I start fine tuning now then it will be safer to handel

here is the video me operating it

http://www.hydrogenpower.be/viewtopi...f=28&t=90#p515
                    Last edited by www.hydrogenpower.be; 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

very interesting

Originally posted by www.hydrogenpower.be View Post
                      this is a test to prevent foam for being able to form
                      foam is formd beceause the use off KOH
                      KOH is used to make soap therefor foam
                      no KOH is no foam
                      so no catalyst at all
                      Hi Bruno! Nice work on the HV PS. I stopped using KOH as there has been concern over a reaction with titanium (anode plate in my separator cell) so switched to NaOH. My system works but relies on keeping 2.2 volts max between the distributed plate gaps or its burnout city for the electrolyte.

I'm watching what your doing and might not quite understand the exact concept yet. With out adding any electrolyte and using pure de-ionized water, are you able to increase voltages with out creating elemental build up within your cell?

On a personal front, i just finished my solar electric system for my home and i'm preparing to spend some time actually getting the electric generator to run on pure Hydrogen very soon.

Thanks for sharing Bruno ( i would like to see more of your work ) and giving my thread a bump. been a long while since it was on the first page.

Comment

cool

he dude

thanks for reacting

I just wanted to proof that you can make hydrogen without any substance in it

no KOH or whatever else

and throughout history it seems that back in the midieval times

they did it with hy voltage sinds there was nothing else

so I wanted to check the efficientie from it and find out

that this way is also not the right way

hy voltage is good butt you need to get it from systems like

a pwm like stanley meyer did

on a other note:

question

if I am making hho and i separate them or make them separate at ones

and there is only tap water in it

there is gonne be chlorine in it

on witch side the O or the H2 side is gonna come chlorine dioxide
                        Last edited by www.hydrogenpower.be; 09-19-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Greetings to everyone, and desired discussion of hydrogen dry cell ...

Regards, became'm new member of this forum, from self-interest to make hydrogen - oxygen generator separately, but I have been putting some devices and I was somewhat apparent success ...

Now as I read your comments and discussion of Sebu thrill of waking up, I want him to do as soon as possible!

I calculated everything and put it in the folder with drawings generator diktung seals, active Hastelloy electrodes,

Reading passports nothing difficult or complicated to make it, only one incomplete information about the search cone separator, which comes between the active plate, I found a site if you are thinking of this type of nylon that could be used as an excellent membrane separator _

100% silkscreen nylon - Google претрага

Here is the link and see!

Which can be attached to find and buy ... Here I'll show you my work on h2 Dry Cell System

I think this is a good choice nylon screen to take the membrane, but we still need a qualified person to confirm, because I was taking stiff fabrics that are not so well demonstrated, loss-making, increase the apparent resistance and thereby reduce The efficiency of the generator, here are some pictures to look at my generator that does not function normally because it has not yet been made ​​but lives on paper

Comment

Hi dude, HHo group, in facebook, HHO Philippines, Come, join us will we succulent files............https://www.facebook.com/groups/360232803470/

Comment

Hi. Just noticed Nikola and Henry's posts. Nice to see and sorry i've been away from the thread so long. Just wanted to add a couple links to 2 new videos where i do some comparisons between and HHO torch flame and H2 torch flame. The first is a thermographic video and the second is done with normal video. Warning there are a lot of ramblings in part 2. :P

Comparing an HHO Flame to an H2 Flame with Thermographic Video

Comparing an HHO Flame to an H2 Flame pt2 w/ ramblings about stuff

Thanks for your interest.
                              Last edited by thedude; 04-20-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I am planning to make water boiling and honestly I already have a plan about this matter but my concern is my mind always seeking this question, what are the best material you are going to use so that you can successfully made this kind of water boiling? can you give me some idea or any tips about my concern.
                                energy efficient lighting | energy efficient lighting solutions

Comment

Working...
                                X