Bizzy's Bedini Machine aka Watson Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by citfta View Post
    I am very happy for you Bizzy. It sounds like you are really close or maybe even there! I know you have worked very hard on this for a long time now so it is wonderful to see it work so well. Please keep us informed as to how long it goes and if you need any help just ask.

Carroll
    Carroll
    Thank you again for all your help and support in this project. Yes I will keep you and everyone informed. And I know I can count on you all for help. Every one here is great.
    Bizzy
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

Updated switch circuit

Good morning
      Here is the updated switch circuit that I was using last night and is still running today.

Before I was having problems with the motor capacitor reducing the back emf going into the battery/capacitor. Which was the question I posted a few days ago.
      To solve that I put the ground of the motor capacitor into the flyback diode. I think what this does is isolate that capacitor from the back emf and allows it to continue to the battery/capacitor
      Bizzy
      Attached Files
      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzy View Post
        Thanks to all my freinds here on the forum you have all been hugely supportive, but a special thanks go out to Mark, Jim, Rick, Paul Carroll, Aaron, George and of course John Bedini.
        ...not to forget Watson, who had us thinking bigger, and, of course, Tesla, whose
        fingerprints are on most things.
        Last edited by wrtner; 06-27-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
          ...and Watson who had us thinking bigger and, of course, Tesla, whose
          fingerprints are on most things.
          Hi Paul
          Them as well of course.
          Bizzy
          Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

generator

Hi Bizzy,
            Can I ask what type of generator your running
            Here is how I short the coils, I think I inserted the pic
            It sometimes goes negative on the wrong short cycle,this can be used but has to have reverse wiring.It has to be able to catch all the available, that is there.
            As for the "why 26 volts" does that have to do with how a cap will charge to about 65 percent of it's max ,almost instantaniously, then the rest takes time??
            Last edited by shylo; 03-17-2014, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shylo View Post
              Hi Bizzy,
              Can I ask what type of generator your running
              Here is how I short the coils, I think I inserted the pic
              It sometimes goes negative on the wrong short cycle,this can be used but has to have reverse wiring.It has to be able to catch all the available, that is there.
              As for the "why 26 volts" does that have to do with how a cap will charge to about 65 percent of it's max ,almost instantaniously, then the rest takes time??
              Hi Shylo
              The generator is a version of Hugh Piggot's alternator I built myself Hugh Piggott's old home page
              I made some improvements to his by using larger gauge wire steel under the coils and only one magnet set This allows the alternator to move much faster and with less drag.
              I can see the pic and from what I can see it looks like you are simply touch the outer cover of the generator to short it is that correct? I couldn't do that with mine simply becuase the alternator doesn't have an actual "cover"
              The 26 volt is mainly because the alternator when it initially starts can run upto 30 29 28 27 or 26 depending how my starting battery charged over night. (And before anyone asks. The starting battery is used just to start the main motor but is disengaged once the alternator running upto full speed.) So I used 26 volts just becuase it was the lowest voltage the alternator would produce intinally
              Bizzy
              Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Good news bad news

Good morning everyone,
                The motor ran for 36 hours before my wife had me shut it down because of the noise. I am confident this is working

That was the good news.
                The bad news is my company is transfering me to NC next year so I will have to disassemble my machine to transport it down. I plan on doing my video long before I disassemble it. And be assured I will rebuild it and continue my work This is too exciting to get this far then stop.
                Bizzy
                Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Hi Shylo
                  The generator is a version of Hugh Piggot's alternator I built myself Hugh Piggott's old home page
                  Don't forget that a pillar of the Bedini/Watson design is the "energiser"
                  that Bedini specifies. See my link on page 1. (It is not any old alternator).

Comment

Don't forget that a pillar of the Bedini/Watson design is the "energiser"
                    that Bedini specifies. See my link on page 1. (It is not any old alternator).
                    Hi Paul
                    You are right the energizer is vital but the kind is not absolute. I was fortunate to have an efficient alternator design from my windmill experiments
                    Bizzy
                    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Adjustment and video

Good morning
                      There were a couple of minor adjustments that I wanted to test and am glad that I did. I removed the diode going into the switch from alternator, This is from my previous tests but not since I got the machine working. I am glad I did try this becuase it allowed the battery/capacitor to accept the charge from the alternator slightly faster. I will post a new schematic on Monday
                      I am also pleased to report that finished my video. Unfortunately we are almost at the limit of our data usage. So I can down load the video when our billing cycle for next months starts which should be next weekend.

So far the longest the machine has ran is 36 hours. It that time it has shown no slowing of speed or reduction in volatge output.
                      Bizzy
                      Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

updated circuit

Good morning
                        As promised attached is the updated circuit, which I will be demonstrating on the video. The video will be posted after next weekend.

Some of the new features on this is the elimination of the diode from the alternator to the switch. Also I added another capictor at the motor to make sure I was capturing as much power as i could.

At my wife's request I am currently working on noise reduction
                        Bizzy
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bizzy; 07-02-2012, 01:24 PM.
                        Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Pulses in my Bedini Machine

Good afternoon
                          I wanted to post a better explination of the pulses my machine is getting. This should help you better understand my machine once I get the video posted.
                          The upper part of the attachment is a discription of a standard pulse in a Bedini /Watson machine. It goes on and off once per revolution.

The bottom part of the attachment shows the pulse pattern on my machine.
                          First because of the motor capacitors the motor itself is constantly under power. Even though it may only be a few volts and a few amps it is under some kind of power. Twice per revolution it is pulsed by the switch which acts like the pulse of a regular Bedini/Watson machine. However since the motor continually has power in my machine the pulses do not need to be that strong to maintain an effective speed. As I mentioned before and will show in my video I am only pulsing approximately 6 to 7 volts into my motor to maintain speed, which produces 13 volts.
                          The frequency of the pulses (two pulses versus one) helps make up for the reduced amperage
                          Bizzy
                          Attached Files
                          Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

I am only pulsing approximately 6 to 7 volts into my motor to maintain speed, which produces 13 volts.
                            Don't forget that a voltage on open circuit does not indicate power.

You need to connect a load on to the 13 volt output and measure
                            the current.

Comment

Congrat's Bizzy! I'm looking forward to the video. I've got a suggestion for sound reduction. You may be amazed at how much noise reduction you can get from a simple plywood enclosure or cover that has bare faced insulation stapled to the inside of it. A regular roll of R-11 can usually be had for less than $10 and just put the insulation side facing your motor. A simple open top box that you could set down over everything when running will make a huge difference.

(just checked Home Depot for thicker R19: Owens Corning EcoTouch R-19 Unfaced 6-1/4 in. x 15 in. x 39.2 ft. Continuous Roll Insulation
                              Model # RU40 Store SKU # 543558 )

$9.98 /RL-Roll

There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Don't forget that a voltage on open circuit does not indicate power.

You need to connect a load on to the 13 volt output and measure
                                the current.
                                Hi Paul
                                You are exactly right. In fact I think on an older post I mentioned something mmbrown msaid 'that running a motor requires current more than voltage'. I agree completely.

In previous videos I did measure the current coming out of the alternator under load. When I tested the current from my switch on the test motor it was fluxuating between 3 and 6 amps this is by allowing the system to pulse twice per revolution. Previously when I was working with just once pulse per revolution I was only getting 1 to 3 amps. Which is what I mentioned on my previous post that the more frequent pulsing helps maintain the speed by helping to maintain higher amperage.

I did not measure current in this video simply because I didn't have enough multimeters. In this video i simply wanted to show my motor working as it was designed and to show the voltage production and voltage usage of my machine. I did order a fourth meter and perhaps on future videos I will be able to show current measurements as well.

I do agree completely that amperage is more important, but for the sake of this demonstration I decided to use voltage as my standard measure to show the work that was being done. I simply wanted to show voltage at three points , at the alternator, at the switch and at the motor.
                                Thanks
                                Bizzy
                                Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Working...
                                X