Zn0 ONE CELL CARBON CARBON "oreo cell" - YouTube
    Zn0 ONE CELL RECON LED - YouTube
    Very Best Regards,
    Jim
    trying this method on my cells thanks for the insight
    Tecknomancer
    Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

• Thanks Nick - I'll follow your suggestion on the more massive Al can ... but you still have not answered my basic question.

How much internal resistance do you have in your beach wood charcoal-quartz cell? That would be a helpful guide to me.

I'd like to see if I can get the results you're getting.

Originally posted by NickZ View Post
      Plengo, Silver to Gold and All:
      You need to use an aluminum tube, or capacitor can as they have more mass. The more mass will produce more current, as the size, mass and the surface area of the electrodes determine the output levels, especially the current level. So, use a capacitor can or aluminum tube, and use the carbon rod, and make sure that the carbon that you are using conducts electricity by testing it first, if it does not conduct, it won't work. Please Don't use the D cell battery carbon that I suggested earlier, as it is contaminated and will ruin the cells in time, although it works quite well for a month or so.
      A carbon electrolyte can be made by using the activated aquarium charcoal, and adding a little linseed oil, and turpentine, or mineral spirits to thin the oil. The carbon is crushed first, mixed with the oil, then needs to be allowed to dry for a couple of days. Maybe try to obtain the "spark plug anti-seize that Chuck is using, to see if adding that helps to control the oxidation of the aluminum. I don't know if I can get that spark plug anti-seize here, I'll have to check into it.

Comment

• Jim:
        The carbon carbon cell is only showing the charge that you have given to it.
        Even if you just hold the meter on it while reading the mA not the voltage, you'll see it drop. Carbon is used a storage medium for regular batteries, as it holds the charge well, but place the white led on it, and nothing or very dim, the red led will also go out as soon as it uses up the additional jump charge. If this is not the case then you have something. But, not while you just charged the cells to do this test.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
          Jim:
          The carbon carbon cell is only showing the charge that you have given to it.
          Even if you just hold the meter on it while reading the mA not the voltage, you'll see it drop. Carbon is used a storage medium for regular batteries, as it holds the charge well, but place the white led on it, and nothing or very dim, the red led will also go out as soon as it uses up the additional jump charge. If this is not the case then you have something. But, not while you just charged the cells to do this test.
          Thanks.
          I was surprised that two identical carbon electrodes
          Would even work!
          So this acts perhaps in this configuration more as a capacitor?
          With delayed deterioration?
          I will be testing my small recon cell with exposure to 100% O2
          Nitrous oxide and hopefully CO2.
          Thus we may be able to see if acting as
          Fuel cell or reliant on moisture.
          Very Best Regards,
          Jim

Comment

• Silver to Gold:
            I don't remember the readings on the wood carbon cells now, as I've reused their aluminum cans, and have refilled them using a different mix.
            If the cells output is weak, I just dump out the mix and refill them using a different mix. That is the beauty of using the cap cans, and carbon rods.
            Although the beach wood carbon did conduct well, it did not give the best meter readings compared to the battery carbon. But as the battery carbon will not work for more than a month, I'm still looking for uncontaminated carbon to continue my tests.
            I found out long ago, that if I use small fishing hooks, I'm going to catch only small fish. So, the bigger the capacitor can, or aluminum tube the better.
            Give any carbon a try, they will all work, but some are better than others.
            I made a cell using the plastic top of a WD-40 can, but not using additional aluminum foil on the inside like you did. It gave almost a volt, but very low 2 to 5 mAs output. It still helped to raise the total output when combined with two other cells and were then able to light a white led, about 1/2 brightness.
            If a single cell won't light a red led, I just get rid of it, as that is my new minimum output standard now.
            I you have other questions, just let me know.

Comment

• Capacitive effect of crystal cells

@Jim & All
              You may have made a type of hybrid super capacitor. Some of the supercapacitors that I have studied use activated carbon in them. Today I noticed a capacitive effect in my latest cell. The stainless steel cell coupled to my Penny No. 2 let me tune the oscillator to a null point where it would stop. If I changed the capacitance by touching the outside of the cell the oscillator would start up. Even better ----if I put Penny No. 1 near the P2 oscillator, her airborne signal would start up her sister.

Here is a video of the strange effect:

Capacitive and feedback effects on Penny oscillators.ASF - YouTube

Lidmotor

Comment

• Capacitive ?

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                @Jim & All
                You may have made a type of hybrid super capacitor. Some of the supercapacitors that I have studied use activated carbon in them. Today I noticed a capacitive effect in my latest cell. The stainless steel cell coupled to my Penny No. 2 let me tune the oscillator to a null point where it would stop. If I changed the capacitance by touching the outside of the cell the oscillator would start up. Even better ----if I put Penny No. 1 near the P2 oscillator, her airborne signal would start up her sister.

Here is a video of the strange effect:

Capacitive and feedback effects on Penny oscillators.ASF - YouTube

Lidmotor
                I am curious what might happen if your stove top cell was placed in near proximity to one of your pulse motors. Is it the Electro or Magnetic force exciting your cell?

Update on the monothermal experiment - It was very cool this morning (low 40's) so I did not expect much from my new cells. The ZnO cells are outperfoming the CrO cells by .1 to .15 Volts and a couple ma. Very encouraging to me. The ZnO averaged 1.25Volts and 10ma. I fully expect them to record higher after the daytime temp warms them up. (I hope so anyway)

Brad S

Comment

• Phase evolution on heat treatment of sodium silicate water glass

For those wanting to use sodium silicate:

Heat treatment of sodium silicate water glass of the nominal composition Na2O/SiO2 = 1:3 was carried out from 100 °C up to 800 °C and the advancement of the resulting phases was followed up by powder X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and thermogravimetry along with differential thermal analysis. The water glass, initially being an amorphous solid, starts to form crystals of β-Na2Si2O5 at about 400 °C and crystallizes the SiO2 modification cristobalite at about 600 °C that coexists along with β-Na2Si2O5 up to 700 °C. At 750 °C Na6Si8O19 appears as a separate phase and beyond 800 °C, the system turns into a liquid.

Time to pony up for a digital kiln...

rw
                  My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Originally posted by everyidea View Post
                    For those wanting to use sodium silicate:

Heat treatment of sodium silicate water glass of the nominal composition Na2O/SiO2 = 1:3 was carried out from 100 °C up to 800 °C and the advancement of the resulting phases was followed up by powder X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and thermogravimetry along with differential thermal analysis. The water glass, initially being an amorphous solid, starts to form crystals of β-Na2Si2O5 at about 400 °C and crystallizes the SiO2 modification cristobalite at about 600 °C that coexists along with β-Na2Si2O5 up to 700 °C. At 750 °C Na6Si8O19 appears as a separate phase and beyond 800 °C, the system turns into a liquid.

Time to pony up for a digital kiln...

rw
                    I am humbled with what some experimenters can do in their
                    Basements!
                    Just
                    Kidding. Excellent work thank
                    You!
                    Very best regards,
                    Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                      I am humbled with what some experimenters can do in their Basements!
                      Jim
                      Credit where credit is due:
                      ScienceDirect - Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids : Phase evolution on heat treatment of sodium silicate water glass

Yep, should have added that to the post. Tried to add it but it wouldn't take the change.

Thanks,

rw
                      My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Hello all, (John Bedini)

I have mentioned this before, but think it went under the radar.

Pressure radically changes the conductivity of crystalline structures. There are high impedance crystal receivers which use a pin point on a metal crystal in order to create a transformative effect (this is not crystal whisker receivers, in this scheme, the pin point is s screwed down to adjust pressure on the crystal, the small pin head creates a large psi). The pressure from the pin creates an area of low resistance, through which the previously inaccessible signal accessed by the crystal can be brought into the realm of use.

In many orgone type technologies, a binder is used which restricts as it dries, which places the crystals entrapped within under great pressure.

We are all familiar with piezoelectricity, as a dynamic action. The question is, what happens to the crystal structure under constant stress.

Comment

• Oh it probably starts taking Prozac and goes to see its sister for a week

Speaking of which, the capacitance change effects to get Penny 1 to talk to Penny 2 was great to watch. Enjoyed that vid Lidmotor

@Armagdn03 - Will try a pin pressure on some piezo responsive cells here and see what happens. I know that implement pressure can change readings and the readings stay put for the short test periods, but have no idea about extended time frames. Well worth trying.

Comment

• Guys,
                            Here is the OREO cell update.
                            It seems to be a bit more than a capacitor. What it is I welcome suggestions.
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim
                            Zn0 ONE CELL OREO CELL UPDATE - YouTube

Comment

• Pulse motors and crystal cells

Originally posted by b_rads View Post
                              I am curious what might happen if your stove top cell was placed in near proximity to one of your pulse motors. Is it the Electro or Magnetic force exciting your cell?

Update on the monothermal experiment - It was very cool this morning (low 40's) so I did not expect much from my new cells. The ZnO cells are outperfoming the CrO cells by .1 to .15 Volts and a couple ma. Very encouraging to me. The ZnO averaged 1.25Volts and 10ma. I fully expect them to record higher after the daytime temp warms them up. (I hope so anyway)

Brad S
                              Brad I tried a few things today with the crystal cells and a pulse motor that I call my "light multiplier". There does not seem to be any effect coming out of the crystal cells (by placing it near) that effects spinner circuit. Also-- neither the spinning magnet nor the magnet drive circuit does anything to the crystal cell. They must operate in completely different realms. Apples and oranges I guess.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                                Guys,
                                Here is the OREO cell update.
                                It seems to be a bit more than a capacitor. What it is I welcome suggestions.
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim
                                Zn0 ONE CELL OREO CELL UPDATE - YouTube
                                What did you use for the carbon block. Did you get it from a brake pad

Comment

Working...
                                X