Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
    1. Yes I have used bigger electrodes. I have one cell I call my 5 foot cell and it powers my LCD clock. It is overkill for the clock. Here is the video...Update on 5 foot tall Dry Crystal cell - YouTube
    2. Yes I have tried many combinations before such as using Alum, borax, baking soda, rubbing alcohol, detergent, garlic, cream of tartar, etc... but they all died off too. Only the crystal glue cell would stay alive with voltage.
    3. The salt dissolve in the water that's in the glue. The glue itself only acts as something to bond the electrodes together and also to protect. The water dissolves the salts and the salts while in the water combine together and when the water evaporates away a new unknown salt is left behind that is conductive and it is what makes my cells work. I make other cells like my copper tube cells where I completely dissolve the salt sub and Epsom salt into hot water and I dunk paper in the water and wrap it around a copper pipe. I allow the paper to dry on the pipe for a day or two and then I add the magnesium ribbon around the dry paper, this is how the 5 foot tall crystal cell was made.
    4. The data in the spread sheet here....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1DVF9WQ256T3c
    that was posted was all done with copper and magnesium electrodes. Last year when I first made the cells I only used copper and aluminum as that was all I had at the time, since then I use copper and magnesium since it gives more voltage. The magnesium won't corrode if you avoid water.
    5. The link for the spreadsheet was a no load, voltage only test. The idea is that a water battery voltage will go away as the water battery looses water. This was proven with the other glue cell but the crystal glue cell stayed alive above 1.3V. Yes I do run real load test on my cells. The problem is that they give low amps because they don't use water for their median. I have the 5 foot cell permantly running the LCD clock and I have my 6inch cell that is much like the 5 foot one in the way its made and it runs an analog amp meter. An analog amp meter is almost a short, its a motor that acts on a spring and I watch it to see what happens. I also chart its data and compare it to heat and humidity. Here is the link to the 6 inch cell data from it being hooked up to the analog amp meter.....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Ux4UjA5Q0ZFSGc

I did this experiment last year around the same time and got the same results, here is that video.....Glue Crystal cell does not run on water - YouTube
    To All

IB, With your latest information, I decided to pull out an old dry crystal cell and test it from 4-5-12

test - YouTube

It now sits at 1.48 volts and 1.45 MA

Wow! the volts just keep going up, this cell is completely dry

When I put a load on this the amps go down, but then turn around and start climbing

If I add heat it has gone up to 100 MA from 1.45 MA

The heat clearly stimulates the amps up, I believe when a load is applied to this cell it also applies heat to the cell thereby the amps go up

Thermal electric thing going on

IB,

Just wondering if you applied heat to your cells, my bet would be that your amps will go up

Best of luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Allwest View Post
      To All

IB, With your latest information, I decided to pull out an old dry crystal cell and test it from 4-5-12

test - YouTube

It now sits at 1.48 volts and 1.45 MA

Wow! the volts just keep going up, this cell is completely dry

When I put a load on this the amps go down, but then turn around and start climbing

If I add heat it has gone up to 100 MA from 1.45 MA

The heat clearly stimulates the amps up, I believe when a load is applied to this cell it also applies heat to the cell thereby the amps go up

Thermal electric thing going on

IB,

Just wondering if you applied heat to your cells, my bet would be that your amps will go up

Best of luck
      Yes amps go up when heat is applied. The amps also go down when in the freezer. Voltage can be a different story.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
        Thanks for the link to the Microbial fuel cell. That opens up a whole new area that we have not really looked deeply into -----but somebody has!!

KeegoTech | MudWattâ„¢ MFC Kit

Remember the "Plant batteries" that most of us made a few years back. Well my "Phyllis" is still going strong after two years and our little microbe friends might be a contributing factor. This "MudWatt" product led me to search Youtube for more info on the microbial fuel cell. It seems that they are not that hard to make. Our blinking LED blocking oscillators (my Penny is one design) should work very easily off this cell. At first I suspected a galvanic situation hiding in the cell somewhere but the more that I researched into it the more I was convinced that the little creatures really are "making" the juice flow. The use of a carbon element for both cathode and anode was convincing and then the fact that the cell takes days before the electrical energy shows up reinforced my conculsion that this IS NOT A GALVANIC CELL!

I started looking for where to get inexpensive parts to make a test cell. The mud we can find anywhere for free but has to have lots of microbes in it. The jar can be anything. The low watt blinking led circuit most of us already have. The hard part was the "carbon felt" for the electrodes. I found that at Lowes in a "BerrnzOmatic heat cloth". That is the expensive part and costs almost $20 with tax. I will keep looking and there might be a better way to do it. You need alot of electrode surface area for the microbes to grow on and that was the reason they chose the carbon felt. Not enough surface area and the power will be very small.

This is something that we can build. Here is the build instruction for the MudWatt. Just fill in your own parts and go for it.

How To Build Your MudWatt - YouTube

Cheers,

Lidmotor

PS---I found other videos on Youtube about making homemade Microbial fuel cells but extreme care needs to be taken not to introduce a dissimilar metal situation anywhere in the build. Even the electrode wires could do it and give a false positive. If you see a voltage right away then something is wrong. It should take a few days to see a voltage show up on the cell. If the power drops off over time ---that is another red flag. The power should remain as long as the microbes are happy and eating. I found the whole idea very facinating when it is working right. There are some good videos explaining the process.
        Lid,

I was looking for something that gains power from the opposite of entropy

(Galvanic)

These microbes are definably in the realm, I personally do not think this type of technology-power has been explored with other things, such as growth from crystals

Please let me know if you find any other research on this type of power gain

Are you familiar with the movie Matrix and where the machines get their power source? Ha!

Best of luck and I think that is going to be the name of the next cell I create "Matrix power cell" sounds good?

Comment

• Constructing a Dye Sensitized Solar Cell

Here is some other things I was looking into, very simple to make

Constructing a Dye Sensitized Solar Cell - YouTube

Selfmade DIY Solar Cell - TiO2 Raspberry based Graetzel cell - YouTube

Best of luck
          Last edited by Allwest; 11-05-2012, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Lidmotor
            It's been a while since you first introduced us to "penny". I went back and watched the how to video on penny (I have been wanting to make one for quite some time) I built one tonight just using alligator clips at first to make sure i got her to work, well, after mixing up a couple wires I finally got her work.
            I used some copper wire coils that I had on hand and I am running it on my 6 cell Chemalloy battery, I have 3 sets of 2 cells parralleled together for a total of 1.25 volts no load. I have 3 LED's bright white running and it is using 15.5 watts according to my analog panel meter. The voltage drops to about .781 volt and just sits there, I'll leave it run for the night and see what happens.
            I'll post some pics once I have it cleaned up and soldered together.
            Thank you Lidmotor for sharing with us, It's a pretty cool and simple oscillator to build.
            Thank you
            Brian

Comment

• Very interesting test.

Crystal Batteries versus Lead Acid battery for real world scenarios.

Lead Crystal vs Lead Acid Battery - Which is best for Solar Power? - YouTube

Fausto.

Comment

• Microbial fuel cell build update

@All
                I have been doing work on a simple homemade microbial fuel cell. I spent lots of time researching it. I tried building a small "Mudwatt" cell but I didn't like what I saw happening. Here is a super simple cell that I am going try just to see if I can get results:

Lime Jello, Yeast and Carbon Paper Fuel Cell

@ Allwest
                Building a solar cell is something that I have wanted to do also but I didn't want to spend the time or money trying it. The Mudwatt got my interest because it is claimed to operate for decades (thats right DECADES!). It is a small amount of power but like my plant battery, there is a real advantage to having something that runs 24/7 year after year. Here is the video explaining the how the thing works:

MudWatt Microbial Fuel Cell - How It Works - YouTube

@Sawt2
                I'm glad that you got your Penny circuit to work. There are many variations of the basic idea and it is a simple blocking oscillator in principle----something that has been around since the early vacuum tube days. The way that I configured the coils and the caps is somewhat unique. My use of dollar store "twist tie" steel wire for the coils made the "Penny" oscillator truly unique.

@Plengo
                That guy does some good real world tests on the batteries. His goal is what most of us want----the best bang for the buck. I need to look into these commercially available lead/crystal batteries.

Lidmotor
                Last edited by Lidmotor; 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                  1. Yes I have used bigger electrodes. I have one cell I call my 5 foot cell and it powers my LCD clock. It is overkill for the clock. Here is the video...Update on 5 foot tall Dry Crystal cell - YouTube
                  2. Yes I have tried many combinations before such as using Alum, borax, baking soda, rubbing alcohol, detergent, garlic, cream of tartar, etc... but they all died off too. Only the crystal glue cell would stay alive with voltage.
                  3. The salt dissolve in the water that's in the glue. The glue itself only acts as something to bond the electrodes together and also to protect. The water dissolves the salts and the salts while in the water combine together and when the water evaporates away a new unknown salt is left behind that is conductive and it is what makes my cells work. I make other cells like my copper tube cells where I completely dissolve the salt sub and Epsom salt into hot water and I dunk paper in the water and wrap it around a copper pipe. I allow the paper to dry on the pipe for a day or two and then I add the magnesium ribbon around the dry paper, this is how the 5 foot tall crystal cell was made.
                  4. The data in the spread sheet here....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1DVF9WQ256T3c
                  that was posted was all done with copper and magnesium electrodes. Last year when I first made the cells I only used copper and aluminum as that was all I had at the time, since then I use copper and magnesium since it gives more voltage. The magnesium won't corrode if you avoid water.
                  5. The link for the spreadsheet was a no load, voltage only test. The idea is that a water battery voltage will go away as the water battery looses water. This was proven with the other glue cell but the crystal glue cell stayed alive above 1.3V. Yes I do run real load test on my cells. The problem is that they give low amps because they don't use water for their median. I have the 5 foot cell permantly running the LCD clock and I have my 6inch cell that is much like the 5 foot one in the way its made and it runs an analog amp meter. An analog amp meter is almost a short, its a motor that acts on a spring and I watch it to see what happens. I also chart its data and compare it to heat and humidity. Here is the link to the 6 inch cell data from it being hooked up to the analog amp meter.....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Ux4UjA5Q0ZFSGc

I did this experiment last year around the same time and got the same results, here is that video.....Glue Crystal cell does not run on water - YouTube
                  Hello IB. Did you happen to notice a difference in impedance with the cells you are talking about. I am running the famous Rusty LidMotor Pancake Oscillator with a small cell but get this. It won't run the oscillator unless there is a small capacitor across the the input. Any other cell doesn't need one. Anyway a small cell from a 4 inch strip of magnesium on a circuit board has a resting voltage of over 1.3 volts and has been running the oscillator for a day now at about .75-.76 volts. The voltage goes up and down slightly when the furnace goes on and changes the room temperature.
                  John Hav.

Comment

• @Lid.. I looked at the muddwatt and its really cool that you can tap energy from living organisms. I noticed this when I put a copper pipe in the ground, clipped my positive side to a plant and saw a volt appear, but the power seems a bit low. What about just inserting this mud into a Car or ATV Battery? Since doing this you can get it into a multi-cell form.

@Plengo.. What if you took a new empty 12v Car battery or ATV battery and replaced the electrolyte with the contents of a crystal cell. Every chamber use a turkey baster and fill up with your mix. Even use IB Glue cell maybe?

I'm thinking about trying these idea's out myself Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by DadHav View Post
                      Hello IB. Did you happen to notice a difference in impedance with the cells you are talking about. I am running the famous Rusty LidMotor Pancake Oscillator with a small cell but get this. It won't run the oscillator unless there is a small capacitor across the the input. Any other cell doesn't need one. Anyway a small cell from a 4 inch strip of magnesium on a circuit board has a resting voltage of over 1.3 volts and has been running the oscillator for a day now at about .75-.76 volts. The voltage goes up and down slightly when the furnace goes on and changes the room temperature.
                      John Hav.
                      DadHav.. Have you tried putting this outside in the sun? It seems as though you could have a pielter effect as well. Roof shingles is all i can think of connected through a grid system to power a home. Ingenious Idea!! I thought of it first though!!

Comment

• @IBpointless.. thanks for the link! Good job

I tried the same two ingredients awhile back When I first saw John Hutchinson's Crystal Cell.. Damn lol, that is the guy who got me Exploring this Journey. I tried them with sodium silicate but it seemed to burn the mag! I'm gonna test this again.

Damn Multi-Meter broke so waiting for Mail replacement. I tried your idea with 3 different types of Elmer Glue so I'm interested to see the results

Comment

• Originally posted by DadHav View Post
                          John Hav.
                          In past post I would say it is better to have your cell charge a capacitor instead of trying to run the load off the cell directly. The capacitor and a cell work great together. Make a couple of cell and have them charge capacitor and notice the effects it gives. See the voltage before hooking it up to the capacitor and see the voltage after being hooked up to a capacitor. You may need to use a low farad capacitor. Heat will affect a cell.
                          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by vintasalo View Post
                            @Plengo.. What if you took a new empty 12v Car battery or ATV battery and replaced the electrolyte with the contents of a crystal cell. Every chamber use a turkey baster and fill up with your mix. Even use IB Glue cell maybe?

I'm thinking about trying these idea's out myself Guys
                            I have already 4 batteries brand new waiting for the right moment. Now I am testing the limits of the Lead/Alum cells. They don't die. I have a new test running and it is already 2 weeks and she does not die, actually the voltage keeps increasing.

Unfortunately the power is extremely small which does not justify to use them for my crystal mix inside until I know what will happen exactly beforehand.

I am now working on a new dry cell too. Pennies from 1979 and before are very good.

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                              I have already 4 batteries brand new waiting for the right moment. Now I am testing the limits of the Lead/Alum cells. They don't die. I have a new test running and it is already 2 weeks and she does not die, actually the voltage keeps increasing.

Unfortunately the power is extremely small which does not justify to use them for my crystal mix inside until I know what will happen exactly beforehand.

I am now working on a new dry cell too. Pennies from 1979 and before are very good.

Fausto.

I did the penny exercises on and off.. I believe its before 81 at about 82 the FED started counterfeiting our money and putting zinc inside to fool us.

I ground the 83 and up pennies down to zinc and just brushed up one side of the real copper pennies to test.

I did find an interesting video on magic rocks growing in a Sodium silicate mix which leads me to believe that were actually tapping into the GROWING of crystals in our crystal cells

Time-Lapse Magic Rocks - YouTube

Comment

• my apologies for intruding on your discussion .... but i thought the following might interest you ..... ice is crystal after all

PeltierModule-JouleThief-Fridge.avi - YouTube

i know some are experimenting with the Joule Ringer 3.0
                                Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Working...
                                X