Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep the Magnesium from oxidizing

Copper/ Mag cells..

In the cell the negative electrode always oxidizes. Which led me to believe the solution that John B wont release actually does this. I found a car forum speaking about cleaning and preventing, its word for word and this that may help solve this issue. NOT TESTED!!

""""Magnesium and magnesium alloys are extremely chemically active. I’ll keep this as short as I can for this forum. Commercial solutions are available but I’m 8 miles from my hangar at the moment and don’t have the names readily available. The following is from my notes and can be found in the FAA AC 43.13 of September 1998.

If you have a lightly corroded surface you can make up a chemical solution using 24 ounces of Chromium Trioxide and enough distilled water to make one gallon of solution. It will take from 1 to 15 minutes to react. I use a stainless steel pot to mix the solution. Use an acid brush or acid-resistant brush and apply the solution to the corroded area being careful to not allow this solution into cracks or from touching nearby areas you don’t want touched. Masking tape can be used to protect those areas. Allow the solution to remain on the surface for approx 15 minutes using the brush to agitate the solution. Flush clean the area with distilled water and then repeat the above until all the corrosion is removed and you have a bright metallic color.

To treat the clean magnesium to prevent further corrosion you can make up a solution that will convert the magnesium skin as follows using a stainless steel, vinyl, polyethylene, or rubber container: Take 1 gallon of distilled water. Add 1.3 ounces of Chromic ACID (CrO3). Then add 1 ounce of 99.5 pure Calcium Sulfate (CaSo4.2H2O). Mix vigorously for 15 minutes to ensure the solution is saturated with Calcium Sulfate. Wait 15 minutes and transfer the solution to glass polyethylene bottles taking care to not transfer any undissolved Calcium Sulfate. Use this solution in a room temperature of 70-90 degrees F. Apply this solution to the immaculately clean metal surface using a brush, swab, or low pressure non-atomized spray. Keep applying the solution until you get a light to dark brown color free of powder. Rinse with cold running water and air dry. Apply a primer and top coat. If I have to remove metal by file or mill I will clean the surface with MEK or Acetone followed up with the conversion process. Don’t use rubbing alcohol or laquer thinners to clean the surface. MEK or Acetone are “extremely” explosive and bad for you to breathe or get on your skin (the MEK).""""

Comment

• Battery / Motor

Hello everyone. I mentioned my little battery conversion earlier so I thought I'd post a few videos. I made another one of those long videos that everyone says I should chop up in smaller clips, so I took a few minutes out of the middle to post here. The first video is the little 1.3 ah battery conversion to alum electrolyte. I'm absolutely sure the formula is not right but it does show that an absolute junk unusable battery can be useful after the conversion. The bulb test on the video is after using the battery for several hours to make the rest of the video.
      Alum Batery Conversion - YouTube
      I also mentioned having good results with running a stator motor from the alum battery. Actually I had better results with the alum battery than with my motor cycle batteries.
      Free Energyy From Generator Coil - YouTube
      I have these videos unlisted at this time pending the full video so they may come down soon.
      Enjoy
      John Hav

Comment

• Originally posted by Allwest View Post
        John,
        Thanks for your comments, and for having a sense of humor, and for your time on this board

This field is my hobby, many fun things to learn and try (wish I had more time)

Here is one cell that I created, many weird things going on with this cell, it gets about 1.5 amps

If you had time, or any body else, I would appreciate your input on the cause of this vortex,

Allwest Power cell, new cell - YouTube

Best of luck to you and Chuck
        Hmmm.

Wavefront, has a guess of a (MAGNETIC FLUX SPIN) on this power cell

Interesting

I guess the next tests is to break out the compass

Best of luck

Comment

• @For those doing the lead cells:

I did not have a good night on the bench yesterday. I now have 10 cells 6 using plates from an expired AGM and 4 using plates I made myself. The 6 cells are to test electrolyte solutions. 3 of the cells used Alum and H2O2 and the other 3 used Alum only, each cell using different proportions. The four cells with homemade plates are used to test different separators. The crafters foam tricked me due to construction process; the cellulose and felt are performing best for me.

The disappointment came from the fact that all 10 cells were charged 2 days prior to an average of between 1 to 1 volts. None of the cells 2 days later held over volts and only a few of those would power a penny type oscillator. The higher concentration Alum cells without H2O2 are forming the white alum growth that a lot of us have seen before. The ones with H2O2 are not forming that growth, but it also removes the chocolate brown coating on the negative plate during discharge. Have any of you experienced the self discharge on these cells?

I will continue to tinker with these as there are a number of reasons why this might be happening. Such as not forming the plates correctly, the mix is not correct, wrong method of charging, or any other number of reasons, or it could be just a characteristic of the Alum / Lead cell. >>>I do not know<<<

Brad S

Comment

• A suggestion

@All
            On the other forum John Bedini suggested that we go to Youtube and watch some of the excellent videos concerning Hydrates and Ionic chemistry. I stayed up last night until after 2 AM watching and learning. I should have done this two years ago. There are excellent chemistry tutorial videos on Youtube. Hunt for someone who you can understand and does the videos in a way that makes sense. Some of the people are terrible teachers and some are very good. I needed to go all the way back to the basics and start over ---but it was time well spent.

It is just a suggestion. It helped me and maybe it will help someone else who is struggling to understand what is going on in the cell mixtures.

Lidmotor

Comment

Originally posted by br0ns0n77 View Post
              I was hoping that someone that is a member of the other board (energyscienceforum) could post the chemical32.jpg image that John B posted there in the crystal battery thread (post #130). I signed up as a member, but can't access images or post there yet.

Much appreciated.

Chuck Hupp
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                Brad, Lidmotor, Slider

I'm posting another video over on the Energy Science Forum, will be up soon. The impedance of the cell is very important in this application. I think what you guys are saying is that your at the limit of the chemical charge. This is the same thing that will happen to a Lead Acid battery. Anything after the chemical reaches saturation is just going to waste. If someone would sit and work the chemical formula you could see what is going on with the sulphates in the cell. This process almost works like a Lead Acid Cell. It was also found that spacing of the plates is very important. When using used battery plates it's important that the lead oxide is reversed to change the chemical back to sponge lead. This is not your ordinary storage battery impedance wise. I'm still working on the chemical formula and it's strange.
                John B
                This is very interesting Bedini. Would be possible to manipulate the internal resistance in different points in time under or not load? if that is what I am understanding, it is very, very interesting.

On the crystal cells that I am still playing with also, I do see the resistance of the cell itself is changing dramatically at the moment a load is modified either by adding or removing or changing it and I am talking about instantaneous responses.

And the cells perform an equivalent output of power (specially in amps), caused by the changing load, but those outputs of power are not related to ohms law.

Fausto.

Comment

• Allwest Power Cell

Plengo & All,

I think I have figured out the problem with the voltage on these cells

I am now getting 1.70 volts at the beginning of the cell starting to form

When installing the screw-bolt into the Mag, place a couple of drops of super glue around the connection point

Here is a video on testing with results, this cell does not act like normal batteries, when you place a load on the cell, the amps go up

Allwest Power Cell Testing - YouTube

Also, as a side note, these cells will take a quick charge Allwest power cell charge - YouTube

Best of luck to all
                  Last edited by Allwest; 09-23-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• my video showing some progress towards the Lead-Alum battery and some interesting weird things about Mg+Copper.

Crystal Cell 29 - YouTube

Fausto.

Comment

• What do you mean weird?
                      The pure in heart will see the light.

Comment

• I made a suggestion on the other forum a few days ago that I believed that the missing ingredient was sodium silicate. As to the fact that I did not get any reply I further assume that is correct and that is the path that I will take.

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyon View Post
                          What do you mean weird?
                          it is very difficult to get that (shown on the video) correct and working. Once you get it working it continues for a long time without any effects on the Mg or the Copper.

It feels like the "Cat wisker" diode thingy where one has to find the correct point on the semi-conductor (oxide layer) to get it to work as a diode.

In this cell you need to play with it for a long time, I mean, long time to get it even close to right. It is far from ready for having a systematic process of replication and documentation.

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                            it is very difficult to get that (shown on the video) correct and working. Once you get it working it continues for a long time without any effects on the Mg or the Copper.

It feels like the "Cat wisker" diode thingy where one has to find the correct point on the semi-conductor (oxide layer) to get it to work as a diode.

In this cell you need to play with it for a long time, I mean, long time to get it even close to right. It is far from ready for having a systematic process of replication and documentation.

Fausto.
                            Plengo,

For more power with this cell, heat the copper wire, bottom half if you can, and dunk into a bath of salt water, then put back on mag

Best of luck

Comment

• and a short (almost short) video showing in more detail how I got the simple shorted cell to work.

Crystal Cell 30 - YouTube

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
                                and a short (almost short) video showing in more detail how I got the simple shorted cell to work.

Crystal Cell 30 - YouTube

Fausto.
                                Plengo,

Some things to try with the new cell (there are many)

Heat the copper coil several times and dip into a bath of salt water

Then let the copper get a green oxide on it, I let it stay in a semi sealed container with a little salt water at bottom

Then install on Mag

The green oxide acts like a catalyst, it will absorb the hydrogen that is so damaging to these cells and turn it back into water

I had a video of this but can not find it, you will see the bubbles come up and then be attracted to the green copper

Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                                X