Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Slider

Lovely work! Good idea with the windex - I tried 2 drops of lemonade in one of my old crystal cells that had run out of juice long ago et voila - 10mA @ 1.5V. Its a neat trick. Run these cells for a few weeks...then add a drop of water and do it all again. Nice!

Comment

• @ Plengo, SilvertoGold, and All:
      I have never made a video before, but since you both have asked me to show the pictures and process involved with my Quartz/Carbon cells, I have made a video especially for you, and anyone else interested, as well...
      These cells do take some effort to produce, as getting the carbon out of the D size alkaline batteries is not that much fun, but I've done it a few times now, and it not that hard either. Although it may be dangerous, I have not suffered from it, yet. I do advice making your own carbon for the electrolyte, as the caustic agents in the D cells should be avoided. I use the carbon rod center electrode from the AA non-alkalline type Panasonic batteries. The quartz came from clear and smoky quartz points, that were ground down to a sand like consistency.
      These cells have been running and lighting an led, as shown in the video, for about two weeks now.
      P1010117.MOV - YouTube
      NickZ
      Attached Files

Comment

• Guys,
        Here is a link to the test of cell #4 after prolonged shorting, as well as a glimpse of Test cell #5 that fractured upon cooling, also deviating from #4 due to incorporation of the SILICA GEL into the molten mix instead of having as a separate portion to the cell.

ZN02 Cell #4 and Test cell #5.mov - YouTube

Thoughts welcomed.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim

Comment

• Back home surprise

@All
          I'm back safe from my sailing trip and found a surprise when I got back to my house. The "Penny" oscillator was not only still running but the LEDs were bright and the voltage on the IB "stove top" cell was way up to the starting voltage where it was new---a month ago. I left another LED oscillator running on the epoxy sealed Mg, Cu, Epsom salt, Rochelle salt, and Alum cell. That one was also still running and the voltage was higher than when I left it 5 days earlier. I don't know what happened.

@IB
          I watched that old video on semiconductors and that was very helpful. It was 30 minutes well spent. Thanks

@John B.
          Maybe we should change the name of what you are into now to "Semiconductor cell" instead of "Crystal cell". Your description of how the Marcu Reid cell works doesn't sound like a simple ion exchange through a crystalline structure. It is much more complicated. Some of the cells that we have already made might be doing this process?????? If you could come up with a safe and simple to build cell that is a TRUE semiconductor cell please let us know.

@Slider
          I didn't see any UFOs over at Catalina Island. It was just peaceful and nearly deserted.

Lidmotor
          Last edited by Lidmotor; 09-23-2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• today I saw a Marc Reid cell

John and Chuck
            Thanks much today for your assistance. i bought the second ingrediant Chuck recomended for making more Rochelle salt.
            All
            I saw 2 Marcus Reid cells today at John's Business. I didn't have to see them though to know they worked exactly as described.

There's an article in places on the net titeld "The Development of Expoxy Based Electrets." They liked Lithium salts best for doping.

Possible cheap scource of sodium carbonate for making Rochell salt at home.

Washing soda is a highly alkaline chemical compound which can be used to remove stubborn stains from laundry. It also has numerous uses around the house, and it is used in a range of industrial applications as well. Washing soda should not be confused with washing powder, which is a powdered soap used as a detergent; it is also not the same thing as baking soda, although the two compounds are closely related.

The chemical formula for washing soda is Na2CO3, and it is also known as sodium carbonate. It is a salt of carbonic acid, a chemical which produces a wide range of salts collectively known as carbonates. One common source of washing soda is the ashes of plants; for this reason, it is sometimes called soda ash. Sodium carbonate can also be created from sodium chloride, also known as table salt.

In laundry, washing soda accomplishes several things. The high alkalinity of washing soda helps it act as a solvent to remove a range of stains, and unlike bleach, washing soda does not usually stain. It is also used in detergent mixtures to treat hard water; the washing soda binds to the minerals which make water hard, allowing detergent to foam properly so that clothing will come out clean, without any residue. Sodium carbonate is also used by some textile artists, since it helps dyes adhere to fabric, resulting in deeper penetration and a longer lasting color.
            Many markets carry washing soda, typically with other laundry products. Some companies make mixed detergents with washing soda which are specifically formulated for hard water, and you can also find washing soda on your own. Since sodium carbonate can be dangerous in large quantities, make sure to keep washing soda out of the reach of children and pets, and clearly label the container to indicate that it is caustic. It can be harmful to the eyes, cause irritation to the lungs if inhaled, and may cause abdominal pain or vomiting if large doses are swallowed.
            Alan
            Last edited by radiant1; 09-23-2011, 10:10 PM. Reason: add usefull sources

Comment

• Thanks NickZ.... As soon as I get the materials and test this battery, I'll post my results.

Originally posted by NickZ View Post
              @ Plengo, SilvertoGold, and All:
              I have never made a video before, but since you both have asked me to show the pictures and process involved with my Quartz/Carbon cells, I have made a video especially for you, and anyone else interested, as well...
              These cells have been running and lighting an led, as shown in the video, for about two weeks now.
              P1010117.MOV - YouTube
              NickZ

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                @All
                I'm back safe from my sailing trip and found a surprise when I got back to my house. The "Penny" oscillator was not only still running but the LEDs were bright and the voltage on the IB "stove top" cell was way up to the starting voltage where it was new---a month ago. I left another LED oscillator running on the epoxy sealed Mg, Cu, Epsom salt, Rochelle salt, and Alum cell. That one was also still running and the voltage was higher than when I left it 5 days earlier. I don't know what happened.

@IB
                I watched that old video on semiconductors and that was very helpful. It was 30 minutes well spent. Thanks

Lidmotor
                @lidmotor
                Glad to hear your trip went well. I work for a boat dealership and love testing out the latest sport boats and watercraft. What boat do you have?

Great to see that the Stove cell still going, the only reason I could think that it would increase was due to moon or the lack of human interactions (being near it). This great news! I must say and thank You Lidmotor for taking the time to due the experiment , I'm sure there's been times where you wanted to remove the cell so you could use the penny light on something else. If its not too much trouble would it be possible for you to make a video of the lights being brighter? Thank You!

@all
                that video is well worth the time to watch. The video was created back when semiconductors was still in the early stages and really helps to explain why some of the cell work the way the do. Here's the video again
                AT&T Archives: Dr. Walter Brattain on Semiconductor Physics - YouTube
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• thank you ibpointless2 for the link, in the first part he talks about direction specific electric conduction which is the same as anisotropy

Watch this well worth it

The Physics of Crystals - YouTube

see also: http://www.energeticforum.com/158775-post923.html
                  Last edited by MonsieurM; 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM.
                  Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• crystal cell attempt

I made a crystal cell 2/3 borax to 1/3 epsom salts. It took over a week to crystallize. I used copper and zinc as electrodes. Once the crystal cell dried fully, the voltage fell off to 20 mV and the current was so low I couldn't measure it. I was surprised the cell didn't really work well. I checked resistance just to make sure I didn't accidentally short the metals, but it registers very high resistance. I'm planning on trying other salts/crystals, and just thought I'd show my first attempt.
                    Last edited by skaght; 09-24-2011, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Crystal Lattice

Originally posted by mk1 View Post
                      As far as heating is concerned i have seen people melt glass and sliver bars in a microwave , on youtube .

Dr. John V. Milewski: Growing Gold from Glass in a Microwave - Part 1 - YouTube

This guy claims he enriched monotonic gold from glass bottle to platinum and gold .

Also i spoke of this before Magnetricity

‘Magnetricity’ Created in Crystals of Spin Ice | Wired Science | Wired.com
                      I wow to no man no, and worship no demigods...In regards to Nasim haramein's finding aboit how the tethraedral structure is ideal in many aspects of nature, Magnetrocity is another example of a pyramid structure involved in the process, just wanted then to pint out that we should be looking for thos type of structure in the compunds used in the batteries, not saying is easy and that's why I thank you researchers for this very informative links, I just didn't want to let this detail " lost in the mix".
                      Cheers

Comment

• Penny left home alone----What happened????

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                        @lidmotor
                        Glad to hear your trip went well. I work for a boat dealership and love testing out the latest sport boats and watercraft. What boat do you have?

Great to see that the Stove cell still going, the only reason I could think that it would increase was due to moon or the lack of human interactions (being near it). This great news! I must say and thank You Lidmotor for taking the time to due the experiment , I'm sure there's been times where you wanted to remove the cell so you could use the penny light on something else. If its not too much trouble would it be possible for you to make a video of the lights being brighter? Thank You!

@all
                        that video is well worth the time to watch. The video was created back when semiconductors was still in the early stages and really helps to explain why some of the cell work the way the do. Here's the video again
                        AT&T Archives: Dr. Walter Brattain on Semiconductor Physics - YouTube
                        @IB
                        Here is a short video of "Penny" now. The voltage on the cell under load is now higher than when I made the cell about 1 month ago. I have no idea what happened while I was gone. I got home last night and figured that by tonight the voltage would have gone back down to where it was when I left which was about .95 volts. Now it is over 1.1 volts. Maybe there was some kind of "event" while I was gone? Something happened.

Penny gains power after being left home alone---Hummmm.ASF - YouTube

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                          @IB
                          Here is a short video of "Penny" now. The voltage on the cell under load is now higher than when I made the cell about 1 month ago. I have no idea what happened while I was gone. I got home last night and figured that by tonight the voltage would have gone back down to where it was when I left which was about .95 volts. Now it is over 1.1 volts. Maybe there was some kind of "event" while I was gone? Something happened.

Lidmotor

The crystals had a party and we weren't invited.

Thanks you for making the video. Voltage increasing while under load is not normal and makes me wonder what really is powering the cell.
                          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Change in solar flux. Solar storm activity?

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                            @IB

Lidmotor

Comment

• @ Seth..I know, kinda embarassing to step back a few paces in research, but if the thing rejuvenates, it rejuvenates !
                              Still running now and just the same, that's 24hrs more out of it even to this point

@Lidmotor, welcome back, glad there was no missing time, that is unless your PC clock says something wacky like we're still back in September 2011 or something.

I haven't seen your new vid yet but had to pass along a thought I just had...before completely forgetting it (or going 'hey look at that' and clicking for a couple of hours on sidebar related videos).
                              Ya know how the guy in the old video was demonstrating the semi-conductor properties being much like diodes, and, that there is that up to date research about undisturbed diodes conducting if left well alone ?
                              See where i'm going ? You were away, the cells may have conducted just like the diodes...the energy recovered by that semi-conductor process was now in excess of that used - your stuff grew stronger by not being touched, bumped, moved around the work area !
                              Much would depend on the periodic table placements of the ingredients I would think.

Comment

• physics of crystals

hi guys,

i found a link to the physics of crystals lecture by les brown:

Physics of Crystals by Les Brown (1 of 2) on Vimeo

cheers,

prato

Comment

Working...
                                X