Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Success!!!

I will post a video of it tomorrow, but I just want to let you know what the machine does.

So far I have been able to get it to charge a car battery, blow out cold air and speed up when shorted. I have not been able to get it to light a light yet, but I am hoping to soon. I put a current meter on the output while I was charging the battery and it reads nothing. But the battery is charging at 14.5V

This machine sure is quirky. I have noticed that when the shaft is spinning slowly, it slows down when shorted. Once it gets to a certain speed (frequency) it does all the above things. Speeds up etc.

I still have not recieved my new shaft coupling so I have to hold the drive motor to reduce the vibration, this is why I will post the video tomorrow. (when I get a spare set of hands)

Cheers,

Steve.
    You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

Good news Dambit!

Finally some serious job here, on a real OU machine , not toys as SSG (sorry to ssg enthousiasts :P)

About the accelleration part i have experienced it myself 100%, in a different setup of course.

I waiting impatiantly more findings.

Regards,
      Baroutologos

ps: just if you are curious enough for the accelaration part, sometime you have plenty of time refe to Heins Thane Perepiteia setup. I assure you he is the master of accellaration.

Comment

Hi Paul,

If you turn half of the stack over and push the two together you end up with the same polarity at both ends. That's not what we want.

As far as using a longer magnet at the end of each stack...... I guess so. I have never tried it, but I'm not sure it would work as well. You want to make the pole turn 90 degrees to make the U shape. If you just used a longer magnet there would be a small neutral area in the center of the longer magnet and this would be inefficient. That's just my opinion so don't let that stop you experimenting. I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Steve.
        Thanks Steve, I have to do some testing and let you know.

I wondered what that top block was, and whether it was a magnet...

If it is steel then one could machine it easily for a very close air gap to the stator if desired

Also, if your coils could move up and down the shaft you could experiment with more or less magnets for greater or weaker field strength.

Or alternately you could place a magnet there and get some laminations from a transformer and bridge the two magnets to complete the flux.

You really can see this thing growing into a beast.
        Good considerations Ren!

Comment

Congratulation Steve!!!

Looking forward to the video and some more tests. EXCELLENT!

Mark

Comment

Hi All,

I have done some further tests and the results are not as good as first thought.

The machine does speed up when it is shorted and it does blow out cool air. Which is good. However, after looking more closely at the battery I first charged, I realised that it was only showing a high voltage because it is partly sulphated. I connected a non sulphated battery to the device and it charges very slowly. Smaller batteries (1.2ah etc) charge fairly well, but not the big ones, yet.

I believe that because the machine does speed up and produce cool air, I am on the right track, however more tuning is required. I'm not sure how to do this exactly but I am hoping someone with a greater knowledge of this device will offer some suggestions. Is there a John in the house?

So I suppose my previous post should have said "partial success".

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

I am still collecting parts, so I have no results yet Steve.

Today I did find a sheet metal workshop and I bought 12mm thick aluminum sheets for the top and ground plate, also I found 12mm diameter nylon rod for the axle, and I have the bearings.

First thing I have to do is constructing the spools, as soon as I have the correct dimensions of the spool, (length) I know the measurements for the top and ground plate. I found some cotton reels (see picture) but those are to small. I did wind one of them with 1 strand 0.4mm wire / 500 windings. But Bedini states it should be done the trifilar way, so I need more copper wire. Bedini never mention the size, which size copper wire could it be?

There are 2 new Energy From The Vacuum DVD’s.
              The Tom Bearden Website - online store
              I thought part 10 was the last in this series. Maybe there also will be a new part with more specific info about the Kromrey converter.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve,

Nice to see that you have it up and running with partial success.Could you give all of us a little more info about your build with regards to what guage wire and length your using and also what kind of drive motor you're using.Also,It's hard for me to tell from your previous picture of the coils and rotor that you posted,But,What is it that you used to cover your coils with as it appears to be some sort of metal and if it is it might be interfering with the perfomance.Thanks for any input .

-Gary

Comment

This cool or cold air

Good Evening,

I've seen the EFTV Pt.10 and JB commenting on the 'cold' air you can feel in proximity to his Kromrey converter.

Whilst I await completion of a device being built by a colleague I think we all need to remember there is a 'cool' breeze to be felt in the vicinity of any rotating machine - in itself the feeling of cool/ cold air is highly subjective.

Given the use of 60-0-60A ammeter by JB in this demo which is hardly appropriate I think some more instrumentation might not go amiss in order to prove things in a way which is less subjective.

Lots of claims being made again but nothing by way of simple proof backed up by tests which are uncontestable. The machine appeared to take a 12V drive and some 15A of current. I'd like to see a battery being charged for a known period and then a simple load test.

Anyone want to put money on a successful replication - problem is nothing susbtantive was shown.

Regards

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by gmeat View Post
                    Hi Steve,

Nice to see that you have it up and running with partial success.Could you give all of us a little more info about your build with regards to what guage wire and length your using and also what kind of drive motor you're using.Also,It's hard for me to tell from your previous picture of the coils and rotor that you posted,But,What is it that you used to cover your coils with as it appears to be some sort of metal and if it is it might be interfering with the perfomance.Thanks for any input .

-Gary
                    Hi Garry,

I am using 0.28mm wire and the coils have approximately 800 turns on them. The motor I am using is a 9-15V, 9000 rpm dc motor. That is why I have the motor drive circuit, to control its speed.

I think you may be right with reagrds to the coils covers. They are aluminium and will no doubt be interacting with the magnets in some way due to the rotation. I will take them off and just heatshrink the coils. I have propper bobbins on there now, so they shouldn't unspool.

It's a pitty cos they look way better than heatshrink.

Cheers,

Steve.

PS. Hi Richard. You are right in saying that the feeling of cool air is always found around a rotor. I have no way of prooving to anyone, but the air is noticably cooler that what I was expecting.
                    Last edited by dambit; 06-16-2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Well Steve, I guess the US$64 question is, does the battery get cold after charging this way? That would be conclusive to me. Also, didn't John Bedini say in the video that the cool air only manifested behind the magnets?

Mini-status: Just have to secure coil cores and mount coils.

Comment

• This is driving me nuts!!

I have removed the aluminium coil covers and wrapped the coils in heat shrink. Now for some odd reason the machine slows down when shorted and is acting just like a normal generator.

I have checked my wiring and as far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as it was yesterday. I have no idea whats going on.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

• Sorry guys, no video today. Unless you want to see one of it not working.

I have spent the last 6 hours trying to find out what is wrong and so far I have zip. As far as I can tell everything is exactly the same as yesterday, only without the aluminium covers.

Obviously there is something wrong with the coils, but I have no idea. I only checked for continuity yesterday and didn't take an Ohm reading so I have nothing to compare to. At least I had it going for a little while.

I would be great if JB could post some specific details about his coils.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

• Hi Steve

Put the covers back on and see what happens.

Comment

• why don't you try to put a soft Iron covers, the magnetic flux should pass through right?

Comment

• magnets

Anyone have a good source for these magnets?

Thank you,
                                DonL
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X