No announcement yet.

Bedini's Kromrey Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figured you had a good shot at getting this to work.

Comment

• That's great! Can't wait to see your results... i was planing to build one for a long time now, but never got to it... yet.

Dann

Comment

• Hi All,

Just uploaded a video of the converter onto youtube. Check it out if you want.

Cheers,

Steve
        You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Comment

• Thats pretty good.

I'll tell ya the true test to see if your converting is to switch polarity of your charger to the battery. Swap the wires. Bedini did it in the movie and the battery still charges, with no sparks.
          The cold current has no polarity preference. I think anyway.

Nice work though.

How are you coils wrapped?

Matt

Comment

• Hi,

I'll try that. I dont remember that on the vid, but we'll see what happens.

Cheers,

Steve

P.S Just tried it. All the wires start to cook and the rectifier gets very hot. I think the only reason Bedini got away with it in the DVD is because he had a load in between the rectifier and the battery, and it was only for a little bit. However I did test charging the battery with only tiny strands of wire and it works great. Nothing gets hot or welds together.
            Last edited by dambit; 03-05-2011, 01:01 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• impressive work Turion and Dambit

Well done to the both of you as well as all replicators in this thread.
              I skimmed over the design specs and was technically discouraged. Way to work this one out.

Really hoping to see some positive results! Thanks for doing the difficult work. Hope to be back soon. Love to see some temp indications.

EnergeticTube.com - Where technology goes Live!
              ETaffairs.com - Your Portal Here on Earth

Comment

• If you search this thread for my posts, I know noted the time stamp on the video at what time he did it. Might be back couple of pages.
                All he said was it doesn't care about polarity. Then he did it and smiled and said "See, It doesn't care".

He didn't make a big point of it.

Cheers
                Matt

Comment

• Hi Steve,

Great work.

May I ask what is the PWM model

I would like to get my hands on one of those and you seem quite happy
                  with it's performance.

Kind Regards,Penno

p.s. I am a Sydneysider, Parramatta area.

Comment

• Hi,

@ Penno; the link to the Jaycar kit is below.

12-24V High Current Motor Speed Controller Kit - Jaycar Electronics

@ Matt;

I went back and found the part in the DVD your refering too. That is interesting, his was fine. I think mine got hot not from the kromrey out put, but from the battery feeding back through the rectifier. Maybe his rectifier had some extra diodes in it

Cheers guys,

Steve.

Comment

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for that.

I'll latch one tomorrow.

Kindest Regards, Penno

Comment

• @penno64, Here is a link to another high current PWM motor control.
                        I have bought from Q-KIts a fair bit and have no issues.

QKits Electronic Kits: UK1133, 45A Digital DC PWM Motor Speed Controller

Bill H.

Comment

• Hi Steve,

Jaycar were able to finally locate a PWM at one of the other stores and
                          had it transfered back to Rydalmere.

I have now assembled and tested the unit.

Was a good build and I am now learning how to control things via the menus.

Thanks.

Penno

Comment

• Great to know.

I have once again put my kromrey machine aside for a little while. I have my final semester of study on at the moment so I'm too busy to tinker around in the shed at the moment. I will pick it up again in a few months though.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

• solid state

Listening to Open mind with Bill Jenkins recorded in the 80s. Some two guys called in and said they went solid state with this. I am guessing that will be easier to replicate. I do not know whether John Bedini was able to get the schematic.

Comment

• Nice

Originally posted by dambit View Post
                                Hi Timm,

I have used 0.28mm wire for each of my coils. I haven't twisted them or done anything special. Each coil is a seperate trifilar setup with the wires joined at each end to form a parallel setup. Each coil is then connected to the next coil in a series setup. It is important that all the coils are wound in the same way, ie clockwise or cclockwise. Coils # 3 and 4 are then simply rotated upsidedown. Each coil has approximately 800 turns. The total resistance when they are all connected in series is 17.5 ohms

I've attached a pic to make it clearer.

As far as my mechanical problems go, I have ordered all the new parts and am now just waiting impatiently The stuff should arrive soon enough though.

Cheers,

Steve
                                Hey Steve,

I just seen your youtube clip and was very impressed, glad to see it replicated

Regards
                                Zero

Comment

Working...
                                X