One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Jonny

I have a couple of analogue amp meters, just need to know where in the circuit to put them and what scale to set them on. Thanks for your help and videos on youtube, they are brilliant.

Doug

Comment

• Another Thing i may think at, is that you may have a false triggering, but the circuit is still in oscillation. In this Case, you may swap the Wires from the trigger Coils between Negative and Base, when Jonny'S Hints do not help.
      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• Jonny's "One Magnet No Bearing Bedini"

@ Booha
        Jonny's "One Magnet No Bearing Bedini" is one of the most fun things that I have ever built. I have done many variations of it. I hope that you get yours working. The "Snake Egg" was probably the most facinating one that I did because of the way that the magnet stood straight up once it got going fast.
        A small magnifying make up mirror with a diametrically magnetized ring magnet as the rotor has been the easiest setup for me. Go back a few years in Jonny's or my Youtube video files to find more info on this amazing device.

Lidmotor

Comment

• @Boohah.Hi Doug.To connect your amp meter,disconect the lead from your circuit which goes to the + battery terminal and connect it to the black lead of the amp meter instead.Next connect the red lead of the amp meter to battery positive and set your meter to a mA scale.I would start on a high mA scale first and then a lower one once you know the current draw range.
          Also try Joits suggestion with swapping the wires and post a pic of your setup if you can.
          From what I can gather,you are trying to start the rotor magnet by spinning it with a 2nd magnet.You have to get it spinning fast and a good spin by hand is hard to beat.How are you getting the 2nd starter magnet up to speed to start the rotor?
          Give the rotor a good spin by hand just to be sure.Jonny
          @Lidmotor Hi .The snake egg is my fav too but I think i got my biggest suprise with the satellites and how one magnet can influence so many others.Jonny.
          Last edited by jonnydavro; 04-03-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vortex View Post
            I do not wish to evaluate Tesla's Egg or understand it, a brief description is found here
            which causes a "rotating magnetic field".

I want to understand jonnydavro's observations.
            How does this coil become a "rotating magnetic field"?
            Is the answer here, all magnetic fields rotate?
            Is the rotation due to surge and collapse of the magnetic field?

Wondering
            Randy
            It doesn't become a rotating magnetic field. It is my ascertion that because the magnet is off balance that when it is orbited that it is the off-balance rotation that tends to cause it to spin. The coils are generating a field but it is not a rotating electro-magnetic field such as the roddin coil produces. However the magnet does interact with the field produced, bouncing off it; sort of like keeping a ball spinning on your finger with light taps to it. Because the magnet is already off balance this interaction keeps speeding up until it reaches it maxium rotation. This will only work with an off balanced magnet. A round magnet would simply sit in the middle of the field. Even if you spun the round-magnet, by hand, it would simply bump off the field and recenter itself and would continue to spin until it came to a rest. This effect that you are seeing is nothing more than a physical re-creation of the same effect that you see with a roddin coil and a neosphere. However, like I said, it is my ascertion that It is the orbital effect of the bottom and top of the magnet, which is proliferated and accelerated by bouncing off of the electro-magnetic field produced by the coil. I hope this makes sense.
            ,Shawn

Comment

• Originally posted by Vortex View Post
              I do not wish to evaluate Tesla's Egg or understand it, a brief description is found here
              which causes a "rotating magnetic field".

I want to understand jonnydavro's observations.
              How does this coil become a "rotating magnetic field"?
              Is the answer here, all magnetic fields rotate?
              Is the rotation due to surge and collapse of the magnetic field?

Wondering
              Randy
              It doesn't become a rotating magnetic field. It is my ascertion that because the magnet is off balance that when it is orbited that it is the off-balance rotation that tends to cause it to spin. The coils are generating a field but it is not a rotating electro-magnetic field such as the roddin coil produces. However the magnet does interact with the field produced, bouncing off it; sort of like keeping a ball spinning on your finger with light taps to it. Because the magnet is already off balance this interaction keeps speeding up until it reaches it maxium rotation. This will only work with an off balanced magnet. A round magnet would simply sit in the middle of the field. Even if you spun the round-magnet, by hand, it would simply bump off the field and recenter itself and would continue to spin until it came to a rest. This effect that you are seeing is nothing more than a physical re-creation of the same effect that you see with a roddin coil and a neosphere. However, like I said, it is my ascertion that It is the orbital effect of the bottom and top of the magnet, which is proliferated and accelerated by bouncing off of the electro-magnetic field produced by the coil, which keeps the magnet spinning. Without this orbit motion, which pushes off the tabletop, the magnet itself would not spin. If you were to levitate this magnet the spinning would cease and the wobble would also dramtically decrease I hope this makes sense.
              ,Shawn

Comment

• Hi All

Have been off shore fishing for the last 2 and a half weeks so I apologise for dropping off the planet. I thought I would place another post and let you guys know where I am at. So far I have still failed to get this spinner running. I have changed the configuration of the circuit in a number of ways to accommodate all of your recommendation but still no luck.

To Allen Burgess I wanted to say that I have tried your Idea of using the daftman bedini layout with two batteries and no capacitors and this is the current configuration I am using. I have tried different coil wire positions but they proved to be detrimental.

To Jonny Davro I wanted to say that I have an analogue amp meter in series now. When I set the base to 10 ohms I have a current draw of 250 mA. At 1000 ohms the draw is 35 mA and between the two the relationship between resistance and current is linear. At no point can I get the needle to jump by spinning the magnet. This is also true with the coil laying sideways and the magnet on a concave dish.

To Joit, I have tried your idea of reversing the trigger coil wires but this renders the entire circuit dead with no current draw and no oscillation.

I am posting a picture of my circuit and I hope it helps give you a picture of what is happening. At present it is a bedini SSG exactly, without any modification.

Doug
                Attached Files

Comment

• Just a quick update.

I used a glass test tube to get the magnet into the core of the coil, waved a magnet past and the whole thing came alive. Have little in the way of readings other than 150 mA seems to be the sweet spot for starting the magnet before adjusting to around 15 mA. Will post further results as they come.

Doug

Comment

• A further update

I am getting the amperage of the circuit as low a 10 mA until I add the automotive relay coil. At this point the amperage is 250 mA at best. Am not entirely sure why this is happening but I have decided to omit it from the circuit completely. I have introduced a slayer exciter circuit similar to jonny davros youtube video and at 10 mA a 2 foot fluoro tube glows at medium brightness.

Overall I am happy with this circuit as it offers an extremely energy efficient way to produce light. I have had no luck using the bedini circuit to charge batteries though, for some reason my circuit does not achieve this using nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride or lead acid batteries.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                    X